Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Waaaay off what we should be talking about here, but what did you think of the Eagle's uni's? I think I look at uniforms too much, but that solid dark green with the helmet design (2nd only to the ones before that) looked good.

I only watched the first drive and thought the Eagles were in trouble. I didn't see 27-7 coming..lol.

I cant say that I noticed the uniforms, sorry lol. I wasn't really paying much attention to the game, it was mostly background noise a few feet away. It seemed that every time I turned around there was a turnover or penalty or some other mistake - with scenes of Barwin dominating a bull rush sprinkled in. By the end of the 3rd quarter (when I posted) I didn't even want to hear it anymore and turned the game off.

First microfracture surgery in 2013, now bone bruise incurred just before Pats took him onto their PS......then released him 2 days later because rehab was not going to happen any time soon. If the bone bruise was in the knee joint area, it would likely lead to additional articular cartilage damage/loss.....maybe need for another microfracture surgery. So he's hanging up his cleats and...........

Ex-Texans draft pick Brennan Williams reportedly opts for pro wrestling
By Greg Rajan Houston Chronicle

Updated 1:13 pm, Friday, October 23, 2015

• Brennan Williams was part of the Texans' dubious 2013 draft class. Now, he's reportedly going to try his hand at pro wrestling.

Working for Bob McNair didn't pan out for Brennan Williams.

Now if things go right in his new venture, he'll be answering to Vince McMahon.

Williams, a former Texans third-round draft pick, reportedly is leaving the Patriots - after being signed to the team's practice squad Tuesday - in order to pursue a pro wrestling career.

Doug Kyed, who covers the Patriots for NESN, reported that Williams is going to train at Booker T's Reality of Wrestling school in Houston.

Williams, an offensive lineman, was a third-round pick for the Texans out of North Carolina in 2013. He never played a game for the team, spending his rookie year on injured reserve before being cut after a coaching change. That 2013 Texans draft class, from which the team has only receiver DeAndre Hopkins as a starter, is considered one of the worst by an NFL team in recent years.

After a year out of football, he was in training camp with Jacksonville this year before being cut and added to New England's practice squad prior to his abrupt departure.

Last edited:
CSNVa8yWUAAOySi.jpg

Sammy's a really good player. I'm sure he's just frustrated with certain a-hole fans, but c'mon Sammy. Based on his message if he wasn't an athlete he'd only be qualified to lick stamps. He sounds like a dumb man.

First microfracture surgery in 2013, now bone bruise incurred just before Pats took him onto their PS......then released him 2 days later because rehab was not going to happen any time soon. If the bone bruise was in the knee joint area, it would likely lead to additional articular cartilage damage/loss.....maybe need for another microfracture surgery. So he's hanging up his cleats and...........
Wow!!! I wish Vince McMahon would offer Rick Smith a deal to become a wrestler.
Jaguars tried out 2 kickers today; Fat Randy and Zach Hocker.

Fat randy was signed.

Not because fat randy beat out zach hocker.

Fat randy had eaten zach hocker.

Ndamukong Suh had his first two sacks of the season last week against Houston. I am curious to see how he looks tonight.

What happened to Luck? He's thrown 86 touchdowns to 43 interceptions his first three seasons, getting to 11 wins each year. Now he cant hit water standing in the ocean. This year he's 1-5 while Hasselbeck went 2-0 (but, Jags and Texans).

I'm also not sold on Andre being done.

What happened to Luck? He's thrown 86 touchdowns to 43 interceptions his first three seasons, getting to 11 wins each year. Now he cant hit water standing in the ocean. This year he's 1-5 while Hasselbeck went 2-0 (but, Jags and Texans).

I'm also not sold on Andre being done.

I think early in the season, their O-Line was terrible. Now he's playing with broken ribs. As much as I hate Indy (and I hate them with a passion), I like AJ and Luck individually, which confuses things quite a bit for me as a Texans fan.

I think early in the season, their O-Line was terrible. Now he's playing with broken ribs. As much as I hate Indy (and I hate them with a passion), I like AJ and Luck individually, which confuses things quite a bit for me as a Texans fan.

Familiar territory. I've always been a huge fan of Peyton Manning, so it made all but 2 Sundays pretty conflicting. Luck and now the addition of Andre continue the confusion.

The Ninners are benching Kaepernick and starting Blaine freaking Gabbert. LOL I guess the Texans aren't the only team with qb problems.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting your 1st place Houston Texans.

Ok, tied. Ok, in the worst division since the ............well......ever.

Ok, and we have no quarterback and no heart......and no....................

Hey, 1st place. Strange to even think about.

Last edited:
The Ninners are benching Kaepernick and starting Blaine freaking Gabbert. LOL I guess the Texans aren't the only team with qb problems.

That's pretty bad lol. I cant stand Kaep, so I'm enjoying this. It's crazy, they get Harbaugh and have their first winning season in 9 years, go to 3 consecutive NFC Championships and a Superbowl, do so with 2 different quarterbacks proving coach can turn crap into Kaep ... and run him off because management doesn't like him personally.

That's pretty bad lol. I cant stand Kaep, so I'm enjoying this. It's crazy, they get Harbaugh and have their first winning season in 9 years, go to 3 consecutive NFC Championships and a Superbowl, do so with 2 different quarterbacks proving coach can turn crap into Kaep ... and run him off because management doesn't like him personally.

I have to admit I feel the same way. I like the Niners, they're even my unofficial 2nd team, but I've always thought he was a punk. Like I know him, but it's just how I feel.

I have to admit I feel the same way. I like the Niners, they're even my unofficial 2nd team, but I've always thought he was a punk. Like I know him, but it's just how I feel.
He needs to update his stupid tweets from 'the seven storms are coming' to 'the severance pay is coming'.

Remember we inquired about Kaepernick's availablity in the offseason. 49ers wouldn't give him up & we were stuck with Hoyer & Mallett.

Is there a team with more injuries than the Chargers? Talk about a team that's limping to finish line...midway through the race! Thought they had a decent team. Couldn't pull out the close ones.

Is there a team with more injuries than the Chargers? Talk about a team that's limping to finish line...midway through the race! Thought they had a decent team. Couldn't pull out the close ones.

We always talk about how the Texans need a QB more than anything. I agree with that sentiment. But I am at a loss to explain how the Chargers have premium QB play almost every year, yet they continually finish 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7. They haven't won double digit games since LT2 left there, I don't think. Rivers is such a prolific QB, and save one season, has always had a very good TD-INT ratio. What gives? Stafford in Detroit is another one I look at that way, though I don't consider him quite as good as Rivers.

We always talk about how the Texans need a QB more than anything. I agree with that sentiment. But I am at a loss to explain how the Chargers have premium QB play almost every year, yet they continually finish 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7. They haven't won double digit games since LT2 left there, I don't think. Rivers is such a prolific QB, and save one season, has always had a very good TD-INT ratio. What gives? Stafford in Detroit is another one I look at that way, though I don't consider him quite as good as Rivers.

Initially I wanted to say they didn't have pieces around them but Rivers has had receiving targets and RBs. I think they had a good defense one year too. Lions would be in a similar situation. Stafford has always had Megatron and a decent defense. Hell its starting to sound like poorly run organizations. Sounds eerily familiar.

Johnson just sitting in his mansion watching his super bowl aspirations go down the toilet. Should have went to new England fot vet minimum.

Not sure how true this is, but I was listening to sports talk on the radio and they were saying that Grigson actually has control of the coaching staff in Indianapolis. Meaning, Pagano may be the HC but he doesn't get to decide who works for him. The GM hires and fires the assistant coaches with zero input from the HC. They also said that Grigson has the power to overrule Pagano on starting lineups and how playing time is split among the depth chart.

Again, I can't verify any truth in any of that. But if it is true, I have never heard of a power structure like that between GM and HC. Pagano would barely have any real power at all.

Last edited:
Back