Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

You and me both! I still think they have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball.
I'm not seeing where all the talent is for the Dolphins.
I can't even name six players on their entire roster.
Going into the season I thought they were a 5-win team.

They signed Suh to a crazy contract this off-season.
When you have those kind of holes you need more than a stud DT.
All that hype for nothing. They used that money rather poorly.

I think they fired a heck of a coach in Joe Philbin.
They need a new GM. That former Jets reject is horrendous.
Mike Tannenbaum is the name. He makes Rick Smith look okay.

I'm not seeing where all the talent is for the Dolphins.
I can't even name six players on their entire roster.
Going into the season I thought they were a 5-win team.

They signed Suh to a crazy contract this off-season.
When you have those kind of holes you need more than a stud DT.
All that hype for nothing. They used that money rather poorly.

I think they fired a heck of a coach in Joe Philbin.
They need a new GM. That former Jets reject is horrendous.
Mike Tannenbaum is the name. He makes Rick Smith look okay.

Jarvis Landry
DeVante Parker
Kenny Stills
Jordan Cameron
Mike Pouncey
Ja'Wuan James
Lamar Miller
Cameron Wake
Olivier Vernon
Ndamukong Suh
Brent Grimes
even Ryan Tannehill

Their roster has talent. Not my fault if you don't know who they are.

Fact is coaching has been terrible across the board and it's made for a toxic chemistry and locker room.

Ryan Tannehill is a cocky, overrated, overpaid little prick.
I never really liked him at Texas A&M. Talented? Sure I guess.
But the Dolphins problem is an egotistical and terrible GM.
I knew the guy was a loser watching him on the Jets Hard Knocks.

They have talent for sure but so does the worst team in the NFL.
The Texans 2-14 team two years ago featured 11 pro bowlers.
And by that I mean guys who had made the pro bowl before, not that year.

But the Dolphins problem is an egotistical and terrible GM.
I knew the guy was a loser watching him on the Jets Hard Knocks.

The Dolphins GM has never been with the Jets.

Their problem is Philbin, Coyle, and Lazor not using their chess pieces effectively, and losing their confidence in the process.

The Dolphins GM has never been with the Jets.

Their problem is Philbin, Coyle, and Lazor not using their chess pieces effectively, and losing their confidence in the process.
I understand that. Good point.

I meant Mike Tannenbaum of course. I guess technically his title with the Miami Dolphins is their Executive Vice President of Football Operations. I didn't mean to undersell their actual GM Dennis Hickey. Usually I just put the two together. Isn't Rick Smith the same title for both with the Houston Texans? Those two positions are the same to me. Maybe that's a problem in itself with the Dolphins. Who's really calling the shots? Their owner has too many voices at his ear.

But Tannenbaum was the one doing the press conference on the NFL Network the other day after they had fired Philbin. I never liked the guy for some reason ever since watching him on the Jets Hard Knocks a while back. That was some years ago when he was the Jets GM. I think the way he handled the Darrelle Revis situation just rubbed me the wrong way and when times got tough he threw a great head coach like Rex Ryan under the bus.

I'm more on a head coach's side myself. I think it's a tough profession and they need time to build a winner. A 1-3 start is nothing. O'Brien is 1-3 here. It doesn't mean he should be fired. But when you're a long-tenured GM and the job isn't getting done that's a problem to me.

CQmE8wdUcAAiGlC.jpg

According to PFF, Peyton has been blitzed 85 times, more than any other quarterback in the league. Though he’s handled it better in recent weeks, he’s still grading at -4.5 on those plays.

Baltimore Ravens Verified account ‏@Ravens

RB Terrence Magee has been promoted to the active roster, and CB Charles James has been waived.
Bring 'em back! For an otherwise bad year I'd rather lose with cool guys like Mr. Sock man. We brought Kourtnei Brown back. Now all we need is that wide receiver "EZ" back for the trifecta. I want all of our hard knocks stars back. It will make this otherwise long season, I still think 1-15 is possible if we lose tomorrow, and it will help ease my frustrations until the 2016 NFL Draft.

@Douggottlieb
Halftime will be 5 extra minutes as the #Colts will have a ceremony and banner raising for winning the 1st half #NEvsIND #SNF

NFL needs to adopt a policy similar to the NBA - it's embarrassing to watch the Patriots berating the refs after every other play.

Oh my God this outdoes the Butt Fumble. What are we going to name this play?

Who called this play? Curly from the Three Stooges?

Pagano's version of the Stagger Lee.

When Irsay doesn't renew Pagano's contract after this season this play will be pointed too as one of the reasons.

I don't understand how the ST coach isn't fired on the spot.
Me neither. Surely they practiced this play at some point. Did it work then? If so then that must mean that the Punt Coverage team is worse.

I really can't believe how incredibly stupid this play looked.

Me neither. Surely they practiced this play at some point. Did it work then? If so then that must mean that the Punt Coverage team is worse.

I really can't believe how incredibly stupid this play looked.

Multiple failures on the play. After the shift, they didn't align properly which resulted in the illegal formation penalty, and they didn't get the look they thought they might get, but snapped the ball anyway.

Eagles vs Giants tonight is one of the ugliest game I've ever seen.

Waaaay off what we should be talking about here, but what did you think of the Eagle's uni's? I think I look at uniforms too much, but that solid dark green with the helmet design (2nd only to the ones before that) looked good.

I only watched the first drive and thought the Eagles were in trouble. I didn't see 27-7 coming..lol.

Back