Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

They also said that Grigson has the power to overrule Pagano on starting lineups and how playing time is split among the depth chart.

I could see giving the GM that power, but if Grigson had that power it doesn't make sense to play Luck with those broken ribs. He's the future of the franchise, why risk his future for a few meaningless, in the grand scheme, games.

But I also can't understand starting Luck when he can't stop screwing up. Two of the three games you won were with the back up. If I were their coach, Hasselbeck would start... or at least finish games if Luck keeps putting us in bad positions & turning the ball over.

I could see giving the GM that power, but if Grigson had that power it doesn't make sense to play Luck with those broken ribs. He's the future of the franchise, why risk his future for a few meaningless, in the grand scheme, games.

But I also can't understand starting Luck when he can't stop screwing up. Two of the three games you won were with the back up. If I were their coach, Hasselbeck would start... or at least finish games if Luck keeps putting us in bad positions & turning the ball over.

I have to disagree TK. Luck is your best player. Sink or swim with him. Whatever funk is on him will pass. Gotta let him work it out.

Considering Grigson would rather waste 1st round picks on guys like Trent Richardson and Phillip Dorset instead of getting protection for Luck up front...I really don't think he's all that worried about risking Luck's future or his well being.

Considering Grigson would rather waste 1st round picks on guys like Trent Richardson and Phillip Dorset instead of getting protection for Luck up front...I really don't think he's all that worried about risking Luck's future or his well being.

That's not an all pro OL, but they seemed to do their job when Hasselbeck wasn't swinging for the fences on every play.

That's not an all pro OL, but they seemed to do their job when Hasselbeck wasn't swinging for the fences on every play.

Which is why Pep Hamilton got the axe, IMO. He changed up the game plan with Hasselback and went quick passing game and it worked out pretty well. Then Luck came back and he flipped right back to what they had been doing previously and what hadn't been working.

The guy is in a funk. You need to give him some easy throws and take this heavy burden off of him while he's struggling instead of asking him to diagnose the entire field and make contested throws on every play.

Steelers cut Dri Archer. If O'Brien thinks he's got some Belichick magic, this is a kid to bring in. At worst a gigantic upgrade as a returner, and at best a real threat as a motion back from our spread formations. We cant block for a screen or execute a swing pass, so that hurts, but he can run routes and is a homerun in space.

Last edited:
2015-11-06_8-48-55.jpg

Make it happen Rick..........:trophy::trophy::trophy:

Report: Saints would let Payton explore options

Sean Payton and the Saints have won three straight, but that hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from linking Payton to other jobs in the near future.

Sunday morning, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport tweeted that if Payton wanted to be a coaching free agent after this season, the Saints would be inclined to let him explore outside options.

Rapoport also reported that Payton has a “change of control” clause in his contract that could make him a free agent if owner Tom Benson is not in charge. Benson, 88, has been battling family members to keep control of his teams.

Whispers about Payton’s future have been out there for months. Previous reports have linked Payton to the Dolphins’ vacancy.

If the report about the Saints allowing Payton to pursue outside options becomes true, an interested team would be allowed to request permission after the Saints’ season to speak to Payton, and eventually to sign him. Before permission is granted, the two teams must negotiate the terms of compensation in the event the new team would hire Payton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...B - SNF on NBC&utm_tags=srm[football,article]

Come on over to Houston Sean, and bring Brees with you!!!!!

Report: Saints would let Payton explore options

Sean Payton and the Saints have won three straight, but that hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from linking Payton to other jobs in the near future.

Sunday morning, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport tweeted that if Payton wanted to be a coaching free agent after this season, the Saints would be inclined to let him explore outside options.

Rapoport also reported that Payton has a “change of control” clause in his contract that could make him a free agent if owner Tom Benson is not in charge. Benson, 88, has been battling family members to keep control of his teams.

Whispers about Payton’s future have been out there for months. Previous reports have linked Payton to the Dolphins’ vacancy.

If the report about the Saints allowing Payton to pursue outside options becomes true, an interested team would be allowed to request permission after the Saints’ season to speak to Payton, and eventually to sign him. Before permission is granted, the two teams must negotiate the terms of compensation in the event the new team would hire Payton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/08/report-saints-would-let-payton-explore-options/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=4541419&utm_source=FB - SNF on NBC&utm_tags=srm[football,article]

Come on over to Houston Sean, and bring Brees with you!!!!!

I an not surprised many want "The Bounty Hunter" to come in and turn the Texans into a Goon Squad. Winning at ALL COST (including self respect) has never appealed to me.

Damn, is Wade Phillips defense starting to crumble before the normal 2 year mark? Luck is having his way with Denver's defense.

Damn, is Wade Phillips defense starting to crumble before the normal 2 year mark? Luck is having his way with Denver's defense.

They just held Aaron Rodgers to 77 yards passing a week ago.

It's not a coincidence that Indy's offense is looking functional now that Pep Hamilton has been removed from the equation. Rod Chudzinski is 10x an OC as Hamilton.

They just held Aaron Rodgers to 77 yards passing a week ago.

It's not a coincidence that Indy's offense is looking functional now that Pep Hamilton has been removed from the equation. Rod Chudzinski is 10x an OC as Hamilton.

I agree to an extent, but I can't really put any blame on Hamilton for the INT's Luck has thrown. I'm just wondering if Luck's injuries weren't lingering and maybe today he's closer to being 100% than the past few weeks and it's a coincidence that this is the first game minus Hamilton.

I agree to an extent, but I can't really put any blame on Hamilton for the INT's Luck has thrown. I'm just wondering if Luck's injuries weren't lingering and maybe today he's closer to being 100% than the past few weeks and it's a coincidence that this is the first game minus Hamilton.

The turnovers are on the players, but the lack of a cohesive offensive identity or plan is on the OC. Under Hamilton the offense consistently struggled right out of the gate and absolutely could not run the ball. They routinely were unprepared for their opponents and only started moving the ball in 2nd half's once they were down multiple scores and had to ride Luck while in catch-up mode.

In 45 games under Hamilton, the Colts had a 100-yard rusher zero times. In those 45 games their leading rusher had less than 50 yards in 17 of them.

In his last 24 games as OC his offense scored a TD on their opening possession 2 times. For reference, the Texans pitiful offense has scored an opening possession TD 4 times in 24 games under O'Brien.

Its no coincidence that the first game after Hamilton was fired the Colts were suddenly competent again on offense in the 1st half against a quality opponent.

So Mike Zimmer didn't pull any punches in his post-game PC and basically called out the Rams for intentionally taking out Teddy Bridgewater on a dirty hit. He also made it a point to point out that the Rams DC, Gregg Williams, has a history of putting hits on opposing players.

Rodney Harrison on NFL Tonight just backed up Zimmer and went even further, stating that this kind of dirty play is a staple of Jeff Fisher coached teams.

A lot going on today in the football world, tomorrow's sports shows should be pretty good. Suh's going to stab the next QB he sees, Von Miller and a hundred others will have fines coming, Reggie Bush is suing the city of St Louis, and a whole lot of frustrated antics.

If Matt Cassel keeps this up, maybe we'll have a shot at Romo next year.

Well... maybe I spoke too soon.

But, that was a perfect example of how many scouts will say,"he can make all the throws" & it not be entirely true.

Cassel can make that throw, but an NFL Corner is going to pick it off. He doesn't have the zip, snap, zing, whatever you want to call it... & that wasn't a very deep out.

When you're wAtching your college prospects, see how often they throw the intermediate to deep out.

Well... maybe I spoke too soon.

But, that was a perfect example of how many scouts will say,"he can make all the throws" & it not be entirely true.

Cassel can make that throw, but an NFL Corner is going to pick it off. He doesn't have the zip, snap, zing, whatever you want to call it... & that wasn't a very deep out.

When you're wAtching your college prospects, see how often they throw the intermediate to deep out.

Goff
Hack
Lynch
Wentz
Russell

Can make that throw.

Talib has got to be one of the dumbest mfers in the league. He's inching near that Pacman guy in my book. You know, the guy tough guy commish allowed back into the league about 9 times

Back