Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Seriously you're the Dexmanc of religion.
I probably identify more error in the religious lost than in the arrogant fools who believe in nothing. In fact, I would protest the association if I could explain the difference to someone who is incapable of perceiving the difference.

I probably identify more error in the religious lost than in the arrogant fools who believe in nothing. In fact, I would protest the association if I could explain the difference to someone who is incapable of perceiving the difference.
Like I said you're the Dexmanc of religion.

Show me proof that what you believe in actually exists if you're going to bring it up at every turn. Since you can't prove jack don't expect me to believe whatever it is your preaching otherwise you might as well be yapping about Santa.

What a chump ...

CThxsoCUwAAcNQL.jpg:small

Sunday's CBS late "national" game is New England v Giants. But the Houston viewing area will get Denver v Kansas City, while the rest of Texas gets the "national" game. I wonder if that's Kubiak/Phillips love or New England dislike??

http://506sports.com/

Sunday's CBS late "national" game is New England v Giants. But the Houston viewing area will get Denver v Kansas City, while the rest of Texas gets the "national" game. I wonder if that's Kubiak/Phillips love or New England dislike??

http://506sports.com/
We're getting it because they were here in Houston. I really want to see the Patriots though.

Report: Lions may part ways with Calvin Johnson, likely to keep Stafford

The Lions' organizational housecleaning may involve Calvin Johnson, according to a new report.

In ESPN’s Six Points, Chris Mortensen says that the Lions may part ways with Johnson as part of a restructuring of the roster. He even says that Johnson may be more likely to move on thanMatthew Stafford is.

Mortensen reasons that the star receiver is expensive, will be 31 next year, and has dealt with a number of injuries recently, and his on-field performance has diminished some as a result. He believes the Lions could dump Johnson, take the $8 million cap hit, and pursue someone like Alshon Jeffrey in free agency.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/detroit-lions-calvin-johnson-may-part-ways-111215

I'd have really hated to be a Jets fan, putting up with that weather & having to watch their team give that game away.

That crap last night reminded me of how bad the Texans ALL RED uniforms looked. For the first 4 series of that game it didn't even feel like NFL football....

Coaches amaze me. You've got a chance to take charge in the division and knock off an undefeated team by running the ball 3 times from the 5 yard line. Instead Coughlin decides to throw the ball every down, leaving plenty of time on the clock for Brady to work down the field for the win.

It hurts to watch Peyton. Despite being a rival, I and so many others have been a fan for nearly 2 decades now. I had hoped he could go out on top. At 7-2 there's still a chance of going into the playoffs in good position, but Manning may have to sit out most of the regular season to be rested and healthy enough to throw the ball in the playoffs. At the end of last season we saw the old age switch get clicked, and it sucks to see one of the greats struggling at the end. You could really see it in Dungy's face when saying that he wouldn't start Peyton next week.

Coaches amaze me. You've got a chance to take charge in the division and knock off an undefeated team by running the ball 3 times from the 5 yard line. Instead Coughlin decides to throw the ball every down, leaving plenty of time on the clock for Brady to work down the field for the win.

I'm not saying I agree with the Giants play calling down there but I think they knew there was no way Brady wasn't going to get at least a FG. So they called the plays that gave them the best shot at getting 6 instead of 3. They pretty much did have the TD on the one play in the corner until the DB made a great play to poke it out before Beckham could establish control.

I've seen a lot of coaches get killed for playing conservative there and then losing on a FG. Can't really fault the Giants for being aggressive and going for the win. It just didn't work out. Belichick also did a fantastic job managing the clock defensively.

I'm not saying I agree with the Giants play calling down there but I think they knew there was no way Brady wasn't going to get at least a FG. So they called the plays that gave them the best shot at getting 6 instead of 3. They pretty much did have the TD on the one play in the corner until the DB made a great play to poke it out before Beckham could establish control.

I've seen a lot of coaches get killed for playing conservative there and then losing on a FG. Can't really fault the Giants for being aggressive and going for the win. It just didn't work out. Belichick also did a fantastic job managing the clock defensively.

Was anyone else jealous watching them control the clock, call plays, and getting players in position to succeed? Even after that dropped INT they forgot about it and pressed on. As much as I dislike the Patriots, they do an amazing job.

The Giants had been running very well on that last drive and they had the momentum. I fault them the same way I fault the Seahawks in the Superbowl. Don't outsmart the game. Passing there gives you 1 chance to win - forcing the other team to counter with a touchdown if you succeed. Running gives you 2 ways to win - forcing the other team to counter if you succeed, and making it exceptionally more difficult for the other team to get in position for a score. Having such a small clock limits what options the other team has, even for Brady. If you want to play-action out of a heavy formation on second down hoping the opponent is over committing, that's one thing, but a spread passing attack from the 5 yard line is a very bad decision IMO.

Sounds like it hasn't happened yet, but the announcement could come at any minute. How a Ryan is so inept coaching defense is quite curious, but I'm struggling to remember a time when Rob put a decent product on the field.

What is it about Kubiak QB's and this injury? Helluva run by Peyton. 1st Ballot HOF.
Adam Schefter Verified account ‏@AdamSchefter

Denver's Peyton Manning has torn plantar fascia in right foot, league sources tell ESPN. Manning was battling plantar fasciitis; worsened.

All the reports coming out about Manning's plantar fascia tear being of his right foot are incorrect. Hopefully someone will identify the tear was of the left foot.

I'm not sure it makes that much difference. You need both feet to obtain torque, whether you're a golfer, a pitcher or a QB.
Being the left foot, it will specifically make stepping into his throws difficult, and very much affect his ability to maintain accuracy. His balance will also be negatively affected, decreasing his ability to protect himself and thus increasing his risk for injury.

Sounds like it hasn't happened yet, but the announcement could come at any minute. How a Ryan is so inept coaching defense is quite curious, but I'm struggling to remember a time when Rob put a decent product on the field.

Yep. In case anyone did miss it, Rob Ryan was fired shortly thereafter likely along with whoever leaked it out to the media early.

Being the left foot, it will specifically make stepping into his throws difficult, and very much affect his ability to maintain accuracy. His balance will also be negatively affected, decreasing his ability to protect himself and thus increasing his risk for injury.
I visualize the push foot as right for a right handed player with the left being a pivot foot. Both are needed to produce the torque required for velocity. But I suspect there are differences in terminology more than differences in effect.

Back