Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Garoppolo is still not throwing. When he had surgery on March 8, the report was that he had a "torn right shoulder [his throwing arm] capsule." Then the information I could gather was that he underwent a rotator cuff tear. It wasn't identified as a partial tear vs complete tear. With the former, you would expect throwing to begin by the 4 month period..........3 days from now. I suspect that Garopollo will be found to have undergone a repair of a complete rotator cuff tear.. and will not hear of him throwing by the beginning of TC. He may not be ready to return to play until the beginning of the season. Time will tell. Stats are sparse for NFL QBs who have undergone this repair. But Recent studies of rotator cuff repairs in the throwing shoulder have shown that overhead throwers have <70% return. And for those who do return, the overall rate of return at a similar level of play is <45%. Keep in mind that baseball players which were part of this group made up most of the stats. The QBs were a small percentage of those in the studies........with the return to play and return level of performance being much more disturbing.

Although surgical techniques have significantly improved since the QBs in this ESPN article underwent the surgery, the results have not been that much more impressive.
QBs not the same after injury, surgery
Sep 30, 2005
  • Len Pasquarelli

Star Tribune: Adrian Peterson scheduled to fight Le'Veon Bell in celebrity boxing match.
If you took an anonymous poll, does Adrian Peterson's son hopes he gets the same punishment that he dished with that belt in 2014?

Adrian Peterson still uses belt to discipline son (espn.com)

In the process of developing fantasy football and now legalizing sports betting, the game of football itself has been diminished.

*************************************************************************************************************************

FMIA Guest: Gamblers Anonymous Member On Dangers Of NFL Betting

Peter King is on vacation until July 18, and he lined up some guest writers to fill his Monday spot on Football Morning in America. Today’s guest is Doc G. (a pseudonym), a compulsive gambler and member of Gamblers Anonymous.

By Doc G.

The moment 20 years ago is etched in my mind. I had a great job and an office with a dream view. The phone rang, and when I picked up, I heard a hysterical cry on the other end. “What have you done?” my wife shrieked. She discovered that I cleared out an entire investment account of thousands of dollars.

She was beyond disbelief when she discovered the facts. My emotions overflowed. I knew my gambling was wrong and out of control. Even worse, we had been through this before. I was mortified at being caught, embarrassing my wife and family. Still, despite the pain, the remorse, the self-loathing, there was also relief.

I had an addiction. I was sick. I needed help. I led a secret life, dishonest, self-centered, manipulative. It took time, but I began to see that if I could stop gambling, become transparent about my actions, start doing the right things, my life, our lives, could be saved and healed.

FMIA_July3_v2.jpg

I’m not proud of my actions, but I’m pleased about the path I’ve taken to recovery. If one person finds these stories helpful, sharing my story will be worth it.

The Lead: NFL Gambling

So what does this have to do with the NFL? Why did Peter King give me this space to tell my story and the stories of others close to me? When I turn on the TV today and see wall-to-wall ads urging people to gamble on sports, I think about the major influence the commercials are having. I think about the thousands, perhaps millions, of people who are likely to start betting on sports. The league, team and betting company commercials—luring viewers with great deals if they download the app and open an account—follow every major sport now, so it’s impossible to watch a game and not be bombarded by betting ads.

Many bettors are able to handle gambling. But many also will be me.

They rationalize, “This is going to make the games more fun,” or “This will be a way to make me interested in games I don’t care about.” Both are true. But they’re also fool’s gold. Eventually, with gambling accounts tied to an app and credit card, the bill comes due.

In 2012, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said: “If gambling is permitted freely on sporting events, normal incidents of the game such as bad snaps, dropped passes, turnovers, penalties, and play calling inevitably will fuel speculation, distrust and accusations of point-shaving or game-fixing.”

In 2016, before sports gambling was legal across the country, Goodell was asked again about the NFL’s stance. He said, “We remain very much opposed to gambling on sports. We want to make sure we’re doing what’s right for the game.”

Less than six years later, the NFL has been able to monetize gambling. This week, the NFL appointed an in-house betting boss. All of a sudden, betting on football is okay.

Jason Robins, co-founder of DraftKings, said on CNBC a year ago: “The NFL is definitely the biggest betting sport from a volume perspective. But it’s even bigger from a new customer and new bettor perspective.
“Remember there’s only [18] NFL weeks. There’s a handful of playoff games and Super Bowl week. Compare that to 82 games for NHL and NBA and 162 for baseball. So, even despite having less events, the NFL is the biggest generator of revenue. When you look at it from an activation and a new customer standpoint, it’s way larger than anything else.”
An estimated $7 billion was bet on the 2022 Super Bowl.

“Sports gambling is growing rapidly with significant potential to create or worsen gambling problems,” says The National Council on Problem Gambling, a national advocate for those impacted by problem gambling.
The NCPG is neutral on legalized gambling and works with all stakeholders, including the NFL, to promote responsible gambling, according to Executive Director Keith Whyte.

The NFL made partnership deals with DraftKings, FanDuel and Caesars in 2021, and also secondary deals with other gambling companies. The big three partnerships reportedly will bring the league a total of $1 billion over five years.

It’s amazing to think the NFL now makes more money from its partnerships with gambling companies than from either beer or auto industries.
The commercials are so cool, like JB Smoove with the Manning family. Gambling on the NFL is fun—come on, do it, you’ll love it.

I realize people are going to bet. I’m not writing this to purge gambling from the American landscape. I know that won’t happen.

I’m just here to urge football fans to please think about the consequences of the gambling addiction and know that Gamblers Anonymous is a gateway and a safe place to go if you think you have a problem.

Doc G.'s Story

Back to that day in the office with a dream view 20 years ago. I started individual therapy and returned to Gamblers Anonymous (again). I admitted (again) that I was incapable of controlling this compulsive-gambling addiction myself. It meant making amends (again) to my wife and family and others that I harmed. Most importantly, I started the process (again) of making amends to myself, finding help in forgiving myself.

As I look back, the destructiveness of my gambling seems unimaginable. I experienced an erosion of the soul, of the emotion about the important things, the true caring of others and self. And it is the invisible self that is at the foundation of who we are at the core.

THE REST OF THE STORY

In the process of developing fantasy football and now legalizing sports betting, the game of football itself has been diminished.

*************************************************************************************************************************

FMIA Guest: Gamblers Anonymous Member On Dangers Of NFL Betting

Peter King is on vacation until July 18, and he lined up some guest writers to fill his Monday spot on Football Morning in America. Today’s guest is Doc G. (a pseudonym), a compulsive gambler and member of Gamblers Anonymous.

By Doc G.

The moment 20 years ago is etched in my mind. I had a great job and an office with a dream view. The phone rang, and when I picked up, I heard a hysterical cry on the other end. “What have you done?” my wife shrieked. She discovered that I cleared out an entire investment account of thousands of dollars.

She was beyond disbelief when she discovered the facts. My emotions overflowed. I knew my gambling was wrong and out of control. Even worse, we had been through this before. I was mortified at being caught, embarrassing my wife and family. Still, despite the pain, the remorse, the self-loathing, there was also relief.

I had an addiction. I was sick. I needed help. I led a secret life, dishonest, self-centered, manipulative. It took time, but I began to see that if I could stop gambling, become transparent about my actions, start doing the right things, my life, our lives, could be saved and healed.

FMIA_July3_v2.jpg

I’m not proud of my actions, but I’m pleased about the path I’ve taken to recovery. If one person finds these stories helpful, sharing my story will be worth it.

The Lead: NFL Gambling

So what does this have to do with the NFL? Why did Peter King give me this space to tell my story and the stories of others close to me? When I turn on the TV today and see wall-to-wall ads urging people to gamble on sports, I think about the major influence the commercials are having. I think about the thousands, perhaps millions, of people who are likely to start betting on sports. The league, team and betting company commercials—luring viewers with great deals if they download the app and open an account—follow every major sport now, so it’s impossible to watch a game and not be bombarded by betting ads.

Many bettors are able to handle gambling. But many also will be me.

They rationalize, “This is going to make the games more fun,” or “This will be a way to make me interested in games I don’t care about.” Both are true. But they’re also fool’s gold. Eventually, with gambling accounts tied to an app and credit card, the bill comes due.

In 2012, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said: “If gambling is permitted freely on sporting events, normal incidents of the game such as bad snaps, dropped passes, turnovers, penalties, and play calling inevitably will fuel speculation, distrust and accusations of point-shaving or game-fixing.”

In 2016, before sports gambling was legal across the country, Goodell was asked again about the NFL’s stance. He said, “We remain very much opposed to gambling on sports. We want to make sure we’re doing what’s right for the game.”

Less than six years later, the NFL has been able to monetize gambling. This week, the NFL appointed an in-house betting boss. All of a sudden, betting on football is okay.

Jason Robins, co-founder of DraftKings, said on CNBC a year ago: “The NFL is definitely the biggest betting sport from a volume perspective. But it’s even bigger from a new customer and new bettor perspective.
“Remember there’s only [18] NFL weeks. There’s a handful of playoff games and Super Bowl week. Compare that to 82 games for NHL and NBA and 162 for baseball. So, even despite having less events, the NFL is the biggest generator of revenue. When you look at it from an activation and a new customer standpoint, it’s way larger than anything else.”
An estimated $7 billion was bet on the 2022 Super Bowl.

“Sports gambling is growing rapidly with significant potential to create or worsen gambling problems,” says The National Council on Problem Gambling, a national advocate for those impacted by problem gambling.
The NCPG is neutral on legalized gambling and works with all stakeholders, including the NFL, to promote responsible gambling, according to Executive Director Keith Whyte.

The NFL made partnership deals with DraftKings, FanDuel and Caesars in 2021, and also secondary deals with other gambling companies. The big three partnerships reportedly will bring the league a total of $1 billion over five years.

It’s amazing to think the NFL now makes more money from its partnerships with gambling companies than from either beer or auto industries.
The commercials are so cool, like JB Smoove with the Manning family. Gambling on the NFL is fun—come on, do it, you’ll love it.

I realize people are going to bet. I’m not writing this to purge gambling from the American landscape. I know that won’t happen.

I’m just here to urge football fans to please think about the consequences of the gambling addiction and know that Gamblers Anonymous is a gateway and a safe place to go if you think you have a problem.

Doc G.'s Story

Back to that day in the office with a dream view 20 years ago. I started individual therapy and returned to Gamblers Anonymous (again). I admitted (again) that I was incapable of controlling this compulsive-gambling addiction myself. It meant making amends (again) to my wife and family and others that I harmed. Most importantly, I started the process (again) of making amends to myself, finding help in forgiving myself.

As I look back, the destructiveness of my gambling seems unimaginable. I experienced an erosion of the soul, of the emotion about the important things, the true caring of others and self. And it is the invisible self that is at the foundation of who we are at the core.

THE REST OF THE STORY

I was addicted to fantasy sports. I started playing fantasy football in the office I worked at in 2011, i’d win or get 2nd or most points scored each year I played so I thought i was special. Then I heard about “daily fantasy” with Fanduel and Draftkings and made accounts there. I convinced myself that it wasn’t “gambling” because I had a competitive advantage due to my knowledge of the game… *insert eye roll emoji*

I’d win some and then lose it shortly later because I’d spend the bulk of my money on the games with the bigger prize (but less likelihood of winning anything). I told myself all I had to do was win “ONE BIG WEEK”! And I could justify it all.

Again, it wasn’t “gambling” to me… I just had to “work harder” and “FIND THE EDGE”! It consumed my personal life. I spent all of my free time researching and overanalyzing matchups to the point i’d do worse due to overanalysis. The bottom finally fell out during the 2019 season and I deleted the apps and vowed to stop playing.

I should have reached out to gambler’s anonymous sooner and saved myself a lot of time and money. But I had convinced myself I was in control. And it took proving I wasn’t without a shadow of a doubt (and losing an embarrassing amount of time and money) to get away from it.

Now that I have freed up that time for other more healthy and productive pursuits (for me running, hiking and biking) I am much happier. And instead of spending my money on short term endorphin lifts from gambling on daily fantasy sports I am buying cool gear to enjoy the outdoors!

Last edited:
I was addicted to fantasy sports. I started playing fantasy football in the office I worked at in 2011, i’d win or get 2nd or most points scored each year I played so I thought i was special. Then I heard about “daily fantasy” with Fanduel and Draftkings and made accounts there. I convinced myself that it wasn’t “gambling” because I had a competitive advantage due to my knowledge of the game… *insert eye roll emoji*

I’d win some and then lose it shortly later because I’d spend the bulk of my money on the games with the bigger prize (but less likelihood of winning anything). I told myself all I had to do was win “ONE BIG WEEK”! And I could justify it all.

Again, it wasn’t “gambling” to me… I just had to “work harder” and “FIND THE EDGE”! It consumed my personal life. I spent all of my free time researching and overanalyzing matchups to the point i’d do worse due to overanalysis. The bottom finally fell out during the 2019 season and I deleted the apps and vowed to stop playing.

I should have reached out to gambler’s anonymous sooner and saved myself a lot of time and money. But I had convinced myself I was in control. And it took proving I wasn’t without a shadow of a doubt (and losing an embarrassing amount of time and money) to get away from it.

Now that I have freed up that time for other more healthy and productive pursuits (for me running, hiking and biking) I am much happier. And instead of spending my money on short term endorphin lifts from gambling on daily fantasy sports I am buying cool gear to enjoy the outdoors!
Thanks for sharing your experience...........and congratulations on deleting such an unhealthy and destructive chapter of your life. It's unfortunate, but what you have been able to kick is now affecting a high percentage of college and high school students and athletes alike [And please, no one be naive enough to say that high school students don't participate because they are too young to join the fantasy/gambling sites].

Odell Beckham now claims that he played without an ACL the "back half of last season." Even though it is possible, I doubt that this is the case. An ACL rupture can almost always be diagnosed by physical exam. It is unlikely that his knee was not examined several times by the team doctor after swelling and discomfort which is always present after such an injury. Beckham better hope that he is mistaken, because continuing to play on a knee without an intact ACL will result in a varying degree of knee instability, universally quickly leading to significanr meniscus and articular cartilage damage. If he chose to take this route knowing he had no ACL, his future may not be to rosey.

Demaryius Thomas had stage 2 CTE
Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2022, 10:28 AM EDT

The family of former Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas allowed Boston University to study his brain, following his December 2021 death. The examination concluded that Thomas suffered from stage 2 CTE.

“Once I became aware of CTE and began to familiarize myself with the symptoms, I noticed that Demaryius was isolating himself and I saw other changes in him,” Katina Smith, Demaryius’s mother, said in a statement released by the Concussion Legacy Foundation. “He was just so young, and it was horrible to see him struggle. His father and I hope all families learn the risks of playing football. We don’t want other parents to have to lose their children like we did.”

Although this implies the epileptic seizure that ended his life at 33 was tied to CTE, the release from the Concussion Legacy Foundation acknowledges that, despite speculation that late-stage CTE can be associated with epilepsy, “it is far more likely that he developed post-traumatic epilepsy after a motor vehicle accident and fall he experienced several years before his death.”

That continues to be the biggest issue with CTE. What does it mean to have it? It remains unclear, more than a decade after it first became a discussion point. And it creates real fear for former players who wonder whether they are walking around with a ticking time bomb inside their skulls.
That said, we know that more than just football players get it. Just last week, it was announced that former MLS player Scott Vermillion and had stage 2 CTE. He died of an accidental overdose in 2020.

Soccer has been associated with head trauma for nearly as long as football. Other sports put the brain at risk for injury, from hockey to rugby to lacrosse to auto racing to boxing to MMA, an endeavor that at times becomes far more brutal than any other sport can ever be.

The bottom line is that everyone at this point knows the risks of head trauma, in whichever endeavor it may happen. Although some seem to be actively rooting for CTE to bring down the NFL, no professional player other than Chris Borland — who retired from football seven years ago after one NFL season — has quit playing due to these concerns.

Is Florio nuts? There have been quite a few NFL players who have retired just based on their concussion history.........just recently, Panthers' Luke Kuechly and Cardinals' LB Kylie Fitts.

Last edited:
2018 #1 overall pick has been traded for a conditional 5th in 2024…

For just the player, a 5th round pick for Mayfield is worth it. Not so sure about his salary though. He's better than any other 5th round QB you'll find hanging around NFL camps.

Glad he's not coming here.

For just the player, a 5th round pick for Mayfield is worth it. Not so sure about his salary though. He's better than any other 5th round QB you'll find hanging around NFL camps.

Glad he's not coming here.
FWIW the year before the Browns GM John Dorsey drafted Mayfield overall #1 he was the GM in KC when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes.

FWIW the year before the Browns GM John Dorsey drafted Mayfield overall #1 he was the GM in KC when the Chiefs drafted Mahomes.
True. Dorsey was the Chiefs GM. However, according to Andy Reid, it was Brett Veach the director of player personnel who personally scouted Mahomes and convinced the team to draft Mahomes. In fact, Veach eventually got promoted and replaced Dorsey as Chiefs GM.

Andy Reid recalls how Chiefs became sold on Patrick Mahomes - Sports Illustrated

Last edited:
2018 #1 overall pick has been traded for a conditional 5th in 2024…

Buy high sell low. That’s how I do it

For what it’s worth, I believe in Baker. I understand where the market is. I thought he did well considering he was in Cleveland.

I hoped he went to Seattle

For what it’s worth, I believe in Baker. I understand where the market is. I thought he did well considering he was in Cleveland.

I hoped he went to Seattle

If Mccaffrey stays healthy then that offense will be productive. Unfortunately they may have used up their bell cow and it’s probably not likely CMC can stay healthy an entire season.

They have a talented group of skill players and just added Ickey to help with the OL. The Mayfield vs Darnold camp competition will be one of the bigger storylines in the league left this offseason.

True. Dorsey was the Chiefs GM. However, according to Andy Reid, it was Brett Veach the director of player personnel who personally scouted Mahomes and convinced the team to draft Mahomes. In fact, Veach eventually got promoted and replaced Dorsey as Chiefs GM.

Andy Reid recalls how Chiefs became sold on Patrick Mahomes - Sports Illustrated
Yea I think it's well known that Veach was the personnel guy back then with the Chiefs but even if he was prime mover on the MaHomes pick Dorsey still as GM had to give his blessings which is clearly what he did when he engineered the move to trade multiple first rounds picks to move up in the Draft to select MaHomes.
So he saw the potential with MaHomes then I dunno how the same man can be so wrong on another QB in another Draft, especially when other vastly superior talent like a Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson were also on his Board.

So he saw the potential with MaHomes then I dunno how the same man can be so wrong on another QB in another Draft, especially when other vastly superior talent like a Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson were also on his Board
He was with the Browns, where the GM was not all-powerful or even had much to say about it. Look at the selection of Johnny Football

Cowboys Offered Von Miller Five-Year Deal; Rams’ Proposal Guaranteed Two Years
July 7th, 2022 at 3:00pm CST by Sam Robinson

Von Miller chose the Bills in free agency, signing a six-year deal worth $120MM. The contract included $45MM guaranteed at signing and $51.4MM in total guarantees. The Bills needed to come in with an offer that lured Miller away from Los Angeles and kept him out of Dallas. Both the Cowboys and Rams made strong runs at the future Hall of Fame edge rusher.

Placing a “90%” expectation on the likelihood he would re-sign with the Rams, Miller broke down (via The Athletic’s Dan Pompei; subscription required) the difference in the Rams’ and Cowboys’ offers compared to the one that convinced him to move to Buffalo.

Miller’s Bills contract hit $20MM per year, but a nonguaranteed $29.6MM base salary in the contract’s final season inflated the overall value and per-year salary. The Rams offered Miller a three-year deal he said included a higher through-2024 AAV compared to the Bills’ proposal, but the 12th-year veteran added Los Angeles was only willing to include guarantees through two years. The Bills pushing guaranteed money into Year 3 — Miller’s age-35 season — persuaded the perennial Pro Bowler to make an unexpected move east.

After seeing Randy Gregory renege on their offer, the Cowboys did focus on Miller, a Dallas-area native. They offered Miller the same five-year, $70MM deal Gregory had turned down — due to language tied to guarantee voiding. That proposal came with two years guaranteed, Pompei notes. Miller’s Bills deal includes the fifth-most fully guaranteed money among edge rushers. Gregory’s Broncos pact (also five years and $70MM) ranks 24th on that list, with $28MM fully guaranteed.

I told them I was ready to come to the Cowboys,” Miller said. “I would have taken less to go to Dallas because it’s Dallas. But I wouldn’t take that much less.”

The Cowboys, who had reached a new agreement to retain DeMarcus Lawrence, ended up giving Dante Fowler a low-cost accord and drafting Sam Williams in the second round. They also re-signed Dorance Armstrong.

The third team Miller was interesting in joining (again) did not show interest. He of eight Pro Bowls as a Bronco, Miller was frequently asked to stump for whatever quarterback the team acquired that offseason. While the Rams were still in the playoffs, Miller sent word to the Broncos that a trade for Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson would put him on board to come back. Miller then teased a Denver return on social media in the offseason. The Broncos had traded Miller to the Rams at last year’s deadline, for second- and third-round picks that became beneficial in the team’s subsequent Wilson acquisition, but Pompei adds Miller’s original team did not contact him during free agency.

Gregory, 29, joined the Broncos, who drafted Nik Bonitto in Round 2. The team also stands to return ex-Miller wingman Bradley Chubb and fill-in starter Malik Reed, along with other George Paton-era draftees, at outside linebacker. In Buffalo, Miller will lead an edge-rushing contingent housing recent first- and second-round picks Gregory Rousseau, Boogie Basham and A.J. Epenesa. The Bills also brought back Shaq Lawson this offseason.

The Bills submitted their offer after a Miller visit, one that Pompei adds included the former No. 2 overall pick nearly backing out. Miller nearly told Sean McDermott and GM Brandon Beane on the visit — a meeting kept quiet — he would not sign with the Bills, but after meeting with the team’s coaching staff and discussing his potential role with Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs, the marquee free agent reconsidered. The end result marked one of the biggest signings in Bills history.

A lot more involved in signing a F/A than just wanting him and throwing money around
Sounds like Buffalo wanted him & threw money around.

Do you think the Bills did the right thing? I like Von Miller, but $20MM... I don't know if I'm going there for anyone not throwing the ball 30 times a game, especially if they're in the 35yr old age group.

But my team won 4 games in back to back seasons so what do I know?

Do you think the Bills did the right thing? I like Von Miller, but $20MM... I don't know if I'm going there for anyone not throwing the ball 30 times a game, especially if they're in the 35yr old age group.

Did you not read about him discussing his role? Why would Miller care if they didn't throw it 30 times a game?

Did you not read about him discussing his role?
Did you read the part where he said he'd have gone to Dallas for less money? Did he say, "but I didn't like the role they wanted to fit me in." Or did he say, "Not that much less!"
Why would Miller care if they didn't throw it 30 times a game?
Don't know. I said I'm not paying a 35 year old non QB $20MM/yr

Did you read the part where he said he'd have gone to Dallas for less money? Did he say, "but I didn't like the role they wanted to fit me in." Or did he say, "Not that much less!"
Contract wording was a large part of that along with a 3rd year guaranteed
Don't know. I said I'm not paying a 35 year old non QB $20MM/yr
Your wording is funky

I think we're going to have three of a kind season again this year. 4 Ws

The last sentence is applicable.

Former Oilers running back Ira Valentine dies at 59
Posted by Charean Williams on July 8, 2022, 11:05 PM EDT

Former Houston Oilers running back Ira Valentine died of a heart attack Wednesday night, Texas A&M announced.

Valentine was a four-year letterwinner under coach Jackie Sherrill, playing on the 1985 and 1986 SWC championship teams. He had 101 touches for 486 yards and six touchdowns during his career in College Station.

The Oilers made Valentine a 12th-round selection in 1987.

He played one season in the NFL, seeing action in seven games as a rookie. Valentine totaled seven touches for 20 yards and one punt return for 13 yards.

Too young to die. RIP

Former NFL defensive back Jimmy Williams dies at 43
Posted by Charean Williams on July 8, 2022, 7:49 PM EDT

Former 49ers cornerback Jimmy Williams has died, the team announced Friday. Williams was 43.

“The 49ers mourn the passing of alumni Jimmy Williams,” the team wrote on social media. “Our organization sends its condolences to his wife, Chandra, and the entire Williams family.”
Williams went to Vanderbilt as a running back before switching to cornerback. The Bills selected him in the sixth round of the 2001 draft, but he never played in Buffalo.

He ended up in San Francisco, where he played four seasons.

Williams went on to play two years with the Seahawks and was a team captain during their Super Bowl XL campaign in 2005, which ended in a loss to the Steelers.

He appeared in 80 games during a six-year NFL career, seven as a starter, and totaled 151 tackles, three interceptions, one sack and 13 pass breakups.

In 2002, the core special teams player led the NFL with an average of 16.8 yards per punt return. Williams had one career return for a touchdown.

He retired after the 2006 season and returned to his hometown of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where he became involved in his high school alma mater’s football program in 2011.

Williams had served as defensive coordinator and assistant athletic director at Episcopal School of Baton Rouge, where he was inducted into the school’s Hall of Fame in 2006.

Willams was dealing with a significant illness (not reported) just recently. Reportedly, Williams wasn’t critical before and died suddenly this Friday after being rushed to the local hospital where the doctors declared him dead. NFL players dropping like flies at too young an age. RIP

Hawaii will be saying goodbye to Aloha Stadium
July 8, 2022, 1:59 PM EDT

Aloha Stadium, the site of 35 NFL Pro Bowls, will soon be saying goodbye.

Via KHON, Hawaii governor David Ige committed $400 million to the development of a new stadium to replace Aloha Stadium.

The current stadium is expected to be demolished in late 2023 or early 2024, with the new venue in place by the end of 2025.

The new stadium is expected to have seating in the range of 30,000 to 35,000.

The NFL last played the Pro Bowl in Hawaii in January 2016. There’s currently no talk of the Pro Bowl returning to Hawaii.

Sixteen different stadiums have hosted the game. The L.A. Coliseum has served as the site of the contest 22 times. Other than Camping World Stadium in Orlando (four) and Gilmore Stadium in L.A. (two), no other location has hosted the game more than once.

Free agent and former Texan and Seattle offensive tackle Dwayne Brown arrested.

TMZ

Per TMZ Sports, Brown was arrested on a charge of possession of a concealed firearm for allegedly trying to go through TSA with an unloaded gun in his luggage.

According to TMZ, the weapon was found in one of Brown's bags during routine screening

All I can think is "Cleveland is so STUPID!". It's like all through the years every time I was convinced that the Texans were the dumbest franchise in football along came the Browns (and the Jaguars from time to time just to break up the monotony) to seize the crown. Even the Raiders were smart enough to stay away from Watson!
Stupid. Obviously he didn't have a conceal carry permit...............I guess he couldn't afford the $30 which LA requires..............

Accorning to TSA, passengers may transport unloaded firearms in checked baggage if they are transported in a locked, hard-sided container and declared to the airline before traveling. Simple enough. The TSA will charge you a fine based on the type of prohibited item you possessed: Unloaded firearms: a fine of $2,050 to $4,100. Loaded firearms: a fine of $4,100 to $10,250. In addition, you will receive a “criminal referral” to local law enforcement agencies who will handle the case from there.

The reports don't make it entirely clear, but it seems that the gun was in a piece of carry-on luggage............even more stupid if that is indeed the case.

[I've checked and Washington and California have reciprocity conceal carry laws. I would hope that he at least did have a Washington conceal carry permit. But that would not absolve him from doing the things I have noted above to satisfy TSA requirements.]

Last edited:
Zach Wilson’s Ex-Girlfriend Exposes Him For Sleeping With His Mom’s Best Friend
By Randy Oliver -July 10, 2022
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...s-him-for-sleeping-with-his-moms-best-friend/

Zach Wilson scrubbed his old girlfriend, Abby Gile, from his Instagram account earlier this year. In return, she has now scrubbed one of his best friends from his life.

Gile is now dating his former best friend and BYU roommate, Washington Commanders WR Dax Milne.

Fans immediately took to her Instagram and blasted her on her latest picture.

One person called her a ‘homie hopper’ and Gile fired back by exposing that Wilson slept with his mom’s best friend.

Is this his second time. or was that a different ex-Texan?

Defense attorneys always trying to get their clients off on technicalities when their clients are undeniably guilty. Interesting how this judge came to the ruling.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Judge rules that former Raiders WR Henry Ruggs' BAC test from deadly crash is allowed as evidence

Ryan Young·Writer
Tue, July 12, 2022, 3:48 PM·3 min read

A judge ruled on Tuesday that blood alcohol tests will be allowed as evidence in the case against former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III, according to ESPN.

Ruggs is facing multiple felony charges after he allegedly drove more than 150 miles per hour while he was intoxicated in November, which led to a crash that killed a 23-year-old and her dog.

Ruggs had initially refused to take a field sobriety test on site after the crash, though blood alcohol tests were administered about two hours later at a local hospital. Officials said that his blood alcohol content was 0.16, more than double that of the legal limit in Nevada.

Ruggs’ attorney, David Chesnoff, argued that there wasn’t a probable cause for the tests — though Justice of the Peace Ann Zimmerman didn’t agree on Tuesday. Ruggs was in court on Tuesday, marking his first appearance there since November.
THE REST OF THE STORY

Back