Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Odell Beckham now claims that he played without an ACL the "back half of last season." Even though it is possible, I doubt that this is the case. An ACL rupture can almost always be diagnosed by physical exam. It is unlikely that his knee was not examined several times by the team doctor after swelling and discomfort which is always present after such an injury. Beckham better hope that he is mistaken, because continuing to play on a knee without an intact ACL will result in a varying degree of knee instability, universally quickly leading to significanr meniscus and articular cartilage damage. If he chose to take this route knowing he had no ACL, his future may not be to rosey.
I asked you about Hines Ward months ago and you never replied. How did Ward do it? He played his entire career with no ACL in his left knee! He had an accident in the 4th grade to his kneecap and no one noticed he had tore his ACL also.

I asked you about Hines Ward months ago and you never replied. How did Ward do it? He played his entire career with no ACL in his left knee! He had an accident in the 4th grade to his kneecap and no one noticed he had tore his ACL also.

This is how

Blair played as a four-year starter at Schleney High School, ending his career with a record 57-0 within the Pittsburgh City League. However, during his four years in high school, Blair had undergone two surgeries on his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). During his surgeries, Blair's doctors did not purposely remove both his ACLs, but were unsuccessful at repairing the damaged ligaments and therefore might have caused the disappearance of the ACLs in their entirety.

Yes you read right, he lost ACLs in both knees. However, since the loss was one of a progression, Blair's muscles and other ligaments have adapted slowly to the added strain. As a matter of fact, Blair himself did not even know he did not have any ACLs.

"I don't even know," Blair said regarding knowledge of his lack of ACLs. "I just found out (in 2009)."

Same thing happened in Ward's case. He didn't know and his body adapted overtime.. Far cry from a 29 year old athlete who just tore his ACL. The years of his body absorbing his failed ACL and adapting to it are probably well behind him without surgical repair. Ward was in elementary school and Blair was in High School when they suffered their knee injuries, and regardless both cases are cases of improbable miraculous outcomes.

Sorry, I somehow missed your question.

As I've posted before, most all examples of NFL players (including Jerry Rice who has been repeatedly inacurately reported as playing most of his career without an ACL) playing without an ACL have only played a game or a handful of games after rupturing their ACL ........not a significant number of games. Ward's situation is unusual. He is said to have sustained a patellar fracture at age 4. But supposedly it wasn't until his NFL Combine physical exam that he was discovered to have had no ACL. The narative has always been that he "lost" his ACL in that trauuma. But rather than an initial oversight, it is more likely that he never had an ACL at all. It should be noted that some people are born without one.

Being born without an ACL it is indeed rare, occurring only about 2 in every 100,000 births. It is caused by an insufficient development of the knee joint when a baby is in the womb. Those with knee joints that lack ACL’s tend to develop a knee joint where the femur bone fits into the tibia a bit like a shallow ball and socket joint (like a shoulder joint with shallow socket). A knee joint without an ACL uses the meniscus to perform the same function (as a socket). The meniscus is a tough rubbery cartilage that normally acts as a shock absorber between the tibia and fibula. In order for their meniscus to serve the same function as the ACL, the meniscus undergoes deformation (deepening with increase of the perimeter walls, thus producing a cup-like structure) to make it better suited for tensile loading and joint stability.

There are many times that accessory meniscofemoral ligaments develop to help with stabilization of the psuedo ball and socket joint in absence of the ACL. In addition, like in the example of a shoulder joint injury tear and knee joint injuries in general, compensation for weakening of the supporting structures can be affected by muscle bulking and strengthening exercising of muscles surrounding the weaker more unstable joint.

Theoretically, is an ACL rupture at an early enough age could result in a resorption of the ACL, and a similar menisuc deformation and support of the joint could develop. But ACL ruptures in children in the 4 year age group are extremely rare, and those that do sustain the injury and the ACL is not repaired, over 50% of them will have significant degenerative arthritis by only 18 years old............unlikely to be able to complete highschool and college football years in addition to 13 years of NFL trauma. The dramatic degenerative arthritic changes are not typically seen when an individual is born with a congenital absence of an ACL

Sorry, I somehow missed your question.

As I've posted before, most all examples of NFL players (including Jerry Rice who has been repeatedly inacurately reported as playing most of his career without an ACL) playing without an ACL have only played a game or a handful of games after rupturing their ACL ........not a significant number of games. Ward's situation is unusual. He is said to have sustained a patellar fracture at age 4. But supposedly it wasn't until his NFL Combine physical exam that he was discovered to have had no ACL. The narative has always been that he "lost" his ACL in that trauuma. But rather than an initial oversight, it is more likely that he never had an ACL at all. It should be noted that some people are born without one.

Being born without an ACL it is indeed rare, occurring only about 2 in every 100,000 births. It is caused by an insufficient development of the knee joint when a baby is in the womb. Those with knee joints that lack ACL’s tend to develop a knee joint where the femur bone fits into the tibia a bit like a shallow ball and socket joint (like a shoulder joint with shallow socket). A knee joint without an ACL uses the meniscus to perform the same function (as a socket). The meniscus is a tough rubbery cartilage that normally acts as a shock absorber between the tibia and fibula. In order for their meniscus to serve the same function as the ACL, the meniscus undergoes deformation (deepening with increase of the perimeter walls, thus producing a cup-like structure) to make it better suited for tensile loading and joint stability.

There are many times that accessory meniscofemoral ligaments develop to help with stabilization of the psuedo ball and socket joint in absence of the ACL. In addition, like in the example of a shoulder joint injury tear and knee joint injuries in general, compensation for weakening of the supporting structures can be affected by muscle bulking and strengthening exercising of muscles surrounding the weaker more unstable joint.

Theoretically, is an ACL rupture at an early enough age could result in a resorption of the ACL, and a similar menisuc deformation and support of the joint could develop. But ACL ruptures in children in the 4 year age group are extremely rare, and those that do sustain the injury and the ACL is not repaired, over 50% of them will have significant degenerative arthritis by only 18 years old............unlikely to be able to complete highschool and college football years in addition to 13 years of NFL trauma. The dramatic degenerative arthritic changes are not typically seen when an individual is born with a congenital absence of an ACL

So you're saying he's probably a mutant.

This is very, very cool.

FXof3BuVsAEtuHY

Last edited by a moderator:
Levon Bell He released a statement on Instagram regarding his decision to end his NFL career in order to focus on boxing.

“I’m excited for this next chapter of my life, my journey to be the best at what I do… The NFL has done amazing things for me, and I really appreciate every year of my NFL journey… It’s clear that I (we, whatever) was) I wish things would go differently in 2018, like if I had a legitimate time machine to go back to 2018, it would be a bit too much for many reasons but I don’t… all I can do, all I can do is keep going Moving forward in life…Life has taught me many valuable lessons and shaped me into the person I am today…I have had moments in the past 6-7 years or so where I felt as if I was at the top of the world, I couldn’t have I make a mistake, and I loved every minute of it… They were also moments when I felt lonely, betrayed, disrespected, used… I was able to embrace it all, and use it as motivation to prove to myself that I would be the best as I just shifted my focus to my new sport Boxing! I’ve been lucky and lucky enough to make a lot of money in the soccer game, and I couldn’t be more Gratitude for being able to support my family and relatives and build relationships with all the other great coaches and athletes. Across the league…but leverage? money? That’s not what this is about and that’s just what I want people to understand… It’s not about money for me, it’s about proving myself and showing the world that I’m not done yet… I appreciate everyone who decides to support my journey, you are the reason I keep going! I appreciate everyone who doesn’t, I use it as fuel and motivation but no matter when it’s time for me to move on to the next chapter of my life I’m really excited about it…and it starts July 30th, at krypto.com arena vs Adrian Peterson …Get the tickets or tune in, and get me ready to put on the show. “

Snyder is playing dodge ball with the Congressional subpoenas evidently until the Congress recesses. I find it curious that the League office, who supposedly wants everyone to believe they want the truth to come out, are staying mum on Snyder's obvious evasion.:sarcasm:

Title of article should indicate "off duty"

Kinda changes the level of stupidity displayed
Not hardly.

According to the Tampa Police Department, Charles continued the confrontation even after the victims identified themselves as law enforcement officers and pulled out their badges. The victims told police Charles told them, "What you trying to do…I don't give a f--k. I have one in the head."

The victims left the parking spot in their car because they ‘were afraid Charles was going to shoot them,' according to an arrest report. They reported the incident to an off-duty Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputy and kept an eye on Charles until he was taken into custody.

Arresting officers say Charles had a firearm on him, but his concealed weapons permit had expired. According to TPD, he also had a misdemeanor amount of marijuana on him.
LINK

For what it's worth:

I think he has too many wins for the Packers. I mean sure, they have Rogers, but I'm not thinking they get 11 wins. I think the Vikings will be better than his projection of 8-9. They lost a lot of close games last year. They have great skill position players and the defense will be very solid.
As much as I'd like them to, I don't see 7 wins for the Texans. Maybe....but I'm feeling 5 and 12.

Garoppolo is still not throwing. When he had surgery on March 8, the report was that he had a "torn right shoulder [his throwing arm] capsule." Then the information I could gather was that he underwent a rotator cuff tear. It wasn't identified as a partial tear vs complete tear. With the former, you would expect throwing to begin by the 4 month period..........3 days from now. I suspect that Garopollo will be found to have undergone a repair of a complete rotator cuff tear.. and will not hear of him throwing by the beginning of TC. He may not be ready to return to play until the beginning of the season. Time will tell. Stats are sparse for NFL QBs who have undergone this repair. But Recent studies of rotator cuff repairs in the throwing shoulder have shown that overhead throwers have <70% return. And for those who do return, the overall rate of return at a similar level of play is <45%. Keep in mind that baseball players which were part of this group made up most of the stats. The QBs were a small percentage of those in the studies........with the return to play and return level of performance being much more disturbing.

Although surgical techniques have significantly improved since the QBs in this ESPN article underwent the surgery, the results have not been that much more impressive.
QBs not the same after injury, surgery
Sep 30, 2005
  • Len Pasquarelli
Confirmation that the rotator cuff was torn in addition to the capsule.

NFL World Reacts To The 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo Decision

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the 49ers have officially given Garoppolo's agents Don Yee and Carter Chow permission to seek a trade. Garoppolo is also cleared to start practicing with training camp about a week away.

This is a big deal considering how slow it's been with Garoppolo this offseason. He's been rehabbing that shoulder injury that he suffered during the 2021-22 season and has hardly thrown at all.

Kyler still had 2 more seasons before free agency. He could have waited, but today he has $30 million in the bank, with at least another $130 million coming. He'll sign his 3rd contract at age 31 (or sooner). He did good.

So they say a bunch of former execs were interviewed or polled & they came out with a top 10 list of QBs. Moon thinks Lamar Jackson should have been on the list.

I wonder who he would take off the list.

I think they're talking about this list

Rodgers
Mahomes
Allen
Brady
Burrow
Stafford
Herbert
Murray
Prescott
Wilson

Murray and Jackson are a toss up to me. Also makes me think Prescott belongs above Murray.

So they say a bunch of former execs were interviewed or polled & they came out with a top 10 list of QBs. Moon thinks Lamar Jackson should have been on the list.

I wonder who he would take off the list.

I think they're talking about this list

Rodgers
Mahomes
Allen
Brady
Burrow
Stafford
Herbert
Murray
Prescott
Wilson

He should be above Prescott, Wilson above both of them and drop Murray to 11th.

FLorio can't help himself. He has to kick up $#*t where there is none. Even going as far as giving misinformation about the hopelessness of the estate tax on his family.

Patrick Mahomes’ willingness to take less should help the Chiefs with other players, but is it?
Posted by Mike Florio on July 23, 2022, 8:18 PM EDT

When Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes signed his long-term contract two years ago, it was obvious that his decade-plus commitment to the team would eventually become obsolete. It’s already happening.

Mahomes, who like anyone else wouldn’t tell the world that he may have made a mistake, defended the decision to commit for so long and, relative to others, so little by saying he’s set for life. Setting aside for now whether that’s the right attitude, the fact that Mahomes views his own situation gives the Chiefs a powerful tool.

Like the Patriots of the Tom Brady era, when the best player on the roster is consciously taking less than he deserves, it makes it easier for the team to squeeze other players on the team to do the same thing. That worked in New England. Is it working in Kansas City?

A couple of recent data points suggest it may not be. Receiver Tyreek Hill wanted more than the team was willing to pay him. He wasn’t willing to do a team-friendly deal simply because Mahomes did. So they traded Hill.

Then there’s tackle Orlando Brown, who pushed for much more than the team was willing to pay on a long-term deal to replace his franchise tag. The Mahomes-isn’t-making-market-value argument, whether expressly or implicitly communicated to Brown’s agent during negotiations, didn’t work.

As to Mahomes, who is signed through 2031, his contract will only become more glaring as the salary cap goes up and up, and lesser players make more and more. At some point, the team will need to fix the imbalance that already exists. That was one of the arguments made in defense of the contract when he signed the deal; at the right time, the Chiefs will fix it.

But will they? Only squeaky wheels get greased. If Mahomes isn’t squeaking, the Chiefs will feel no compulsion to give him a penny more than they are required to pay.

Should Mahomes want more? Ultimately, it’s his decision. And, yes, he’s set for life. But should anyone who reaches their “I’ve got enough until I croak” number start giving away their skills for less than they’re worth? Generational wealth ideally supports as many generations as possible. The owners know that, and they behave accordingly. The players should, too.

Besides, once Mahomes gets a lesson in estate taxes — which will take 40 percent of his money when he dies — he’ll possibly do the math and realize that he’ll be leaving roughly 30 cents on every leftover dollar earned to his kid(s). One of the only ways to counter this is to make as much money as possible, and to never take anything less than what he deserves.

As each new quarterback deal is done, it will become more clear that Mahomes is getting less than he deserves. Until his skills diminish to the point where the team won’t hesitate to reduce his annual compensation to zero dollars and zero cents.

Falcons are bring back their red helmets…..should’ve never moved away from them. One of the coolest in the NFL.

Rams decide not to place Jalen Ramsey on PUP
Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2022, 8:44 PM EDT

The Rams said Friday that cornerback Jalen Ramsey would start training camp on the physically unable to perform list. They quickly changed their minds.
Coach Sean McVay said that Ramsey has been activated, so that he could take part in certain football-related activities.

“We ended up not putting Ramsey on the PUP as a result of doctors cleared him in a limited fashion that enables him to participate in a lot of the jog throughs — the above the neck stuff, and to be able to have him out here with his teammates with all the different things that we ask of him,” McVay told reporters. ‘He felt good about that. We felt good about that. So, I think that’s what’s best for our football team. That’s why we kind of pivoted in that direction.”
It’s really a difference without a distinction, given that he counts against the 90-man roster, whether he’s on the PUP list or not.

“If you put him on PUP, you’re not able to participate in any of the football activities,” McVay said. “You’re restricted to just go with [athletic trainer] Reggie [Scott] and his group. Where Jalen’s at, the doctors felt like we could clear him in a limited fashion. Anytime that you have a player of his caliber — and it’s really fortunate for us that it’s an upper body injury, because a lot of the stuff you’re still moving around in your lower half. There were some unique parameters that enabled us to take that approach.”

Some teams in the past have allowed players on the PUP list to participate in
practice on a limited basis, and rarely if ever has anyone gotten in trouble for it.

Ramsey had shoulder surgery last month, after the conclusion of the offseason program.
********************************************************************************************************************************
1658755922735.png1658756177923.png

Ramsey had problems with both AC joints, but underwent surgery for only one. He was reported to have a "cleanup" surgery. He actually had a removal of one end of the joint which was giving him pain because the cartilage had worn off with movement causing pain because of rubbing on the resulting bare bone. (A surgery which Tony Romo underwent after his AC separation.)

1658755414504.png

The AC joint is one of the few joints in the body that you can live without a portion of the bone making up the joint. Most athletes (~95%)will be able to return to preinjury level. Recovery is variable depending upon many factors but most athletes are back to full activity by two-three months. More than one-third of the patients with a Type I injury have ongoing symptoms years later. Besides trying to avoid landing on his opposite shoulder in the future, Ramsey will need to be careful to maintain a strengthening regimen of the oppositive nonoperated shoulder to minimize recurrent injury and subsequent need for surgery.

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022 from the Athletic.

“The full 2022 Quarterback Tiers results are below for every veteran starter. The results reflect voting from 50 NFL coaches and executives, including six general managers, eight head coaches, 10 evaluators, 12 coordinators, six quarterback coaches and seven execs whose specialties include analytics, game management and the salary cap. The remaining ballot was put together by four members of one team’s personnel department.
The panel placed 35 veteran quarterbacks into one of five tiers, from best (Tier 1) to worst (Tier 5). Quarterbacks were then ranked by average vote and placed into tiers based on vote distribution, beginning with Aaron Rodgers, whose 1.00 average vote reflected his status as a unanimous Tier 1 selection.”

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022 from the Athletic.

“The full 2022 Quarterback Tiers results are below for every veteran starter. The results reflect voting from 50 NFL coaches and executives, including six general managers, eight head coaches, 10 evaluators, 12 coordinators, six quarterback coaches and seven execs whose specialties include analytics, game management and the salary cap. The remaining ballot was put together by four members of one team’s personnel department.
The panel placed 35 veteran quarterbacks into one of five tiers, from best (Tier 1) to worst (Tier 5). Quarterbacks were then ranked by average vote and placed into tiers based on vote distribution, beginning with Aaron Rodgers, whose 1.00 average vote reflected his status as a unanimous Tier 1 selection.”

I guess it sucks to be Geno Smith who is the sole owner of Tier 5.

If true, this is truly sad............having to teach a kindergarten multimillionare NFL QB how to study to be an NFL QB.

********************************************************************************************************

Kyler Murray’s new contract has a homework clause
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2022, 4:08 PM EDT

The Kyler Murray contract has become official. And it officially contains a term that one source with extensive knowledge of player contracts has deemed to be unprecedented.

The deal requires that Murray engage in at least four hours of “Independent Study” during each week of the season, from the Monday after training camp ends through the last game on the schedule, including any postseason games.

The contract defines “Independent Study” to include the study of “the material provided to him by the Club in order to prepare for the Club’s next upcoming game, including without limitation any such material provided via an iPad or other electronic device.” Time spent in mandatory meetings doesn’t count.

The contract specifically includes this sentence: “Player shall not receive any credit for Independent Study with respect to any time periods during which any material is displayed or played on an iPad or electronic device if (a) Player is not personally studying or watching the material while it is being displayed or played or (b) Player is engaged in any other activity that may distract his attention (for example, watching television, playing video games or browsing the internet) while such material is being displayed or played.”

A breach of this term counts as a default under the contract, which would jeopardize his guaranteed money.

It’s unclear how any of this will be enforced by the Cardinals, unless there’s a way to remotely monitor active interaction and engagement of the iPad. (Microsoft, which gives the league a ton of money for an exclusive Surface sponsorship deal, may not appreciate the use of the name of the Apple tablet.) The mere fact that the team reduced the term to writing suggests that the team has concerns about whether and to what extent Murray does sufficient homework.

He wouldn’t be the first player to rely excessively on natural skills, and to give short shrift to studying the playbook, the game plan, and film. He is perhaps the first, if not one of the only, to have a term like this in his contract.

Bottom line: It wouldn’t be there unless the team thought there was a reason for it.

“Player shall not receive any credit for Independent Study with respect to any time periods during which any material is displayed or played on an iPad or electronic device if (a) Player is not personally studying or watching the material while it is being displayed or played or (b) Player is engaged in any other activity that may distract his attention (for example, watching television, playing video games or browsing the internet) while such material is being displayed or played.”
It's says nothing about studying the playbook by the light of the jukebox.

Signed,
Kenny "The Snake" Stabler

If true, this is truly sad............having to teach a kindergarten multimillionare NFL QB how to study to be an NFL QB.

********************************************************************************************************

Kyler Murray’s new contract has a homework clause
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2022, 4:08 PM EDT

The Kyler Murray contract has become official. And it officially contains a term that one source with extensive knowledge of player contracts has deemed to be unprecedented.

The deal requires that Murray engage in at least four hours of “Independent Study” during each week of the season, from the Monday after training camp ends through the last game on the schedule, including any postseason games.

The contract defines “Independent Study” to include the study of “the material provided to him by the Club in order to prepare for the Club’s next upcoming game, including without limitation any such material provided via an iPad or other electronic device.” Time spent in mandatory meetings doesn’t count.

The contract specifically includes this sentence: “Player shall not receive any credit for Independent Study with respect to any time periods during which any material is displayed or played on an iPad or electronic device if (a) Player is not personally studying or watching the material while it is being displayed or played or (b) Player is engaged in any other activity that may distract his attention (for example, watching television, playing video games or browsing the internet) while such material is being displayed or played.”

A breach of this term counts as a default under the contract, which would jeopardize his guaranteed money.

It’s unclear how any of this will be enforced by the Cardinals, unless there’s a way to remotely monitor active interaction and engagement of the iPad. (Microsoft, which gives the league a ton of money for an exclusive Surface sponsorship deal, may not appreciate the use of the name of the Apple tablet.) The mere fact that the team reduced the term to writing suggests that the team has concerns about whether and to what extent Murray does sufficient homework.

He wouldn’t be the first player to rely excessively on natural skills, and to give short shrift to studying the playbook, the game plan, and film. He is perhaps the first, if not one of the only, to have a term like this in his contract.

Bottom line: It wouldn’t be there unless the team thought there was a reason for it.

This clause reminds me of the story that Raiders coaches being skeptical of Jamarcus Russell's study habits, would give him a blank DVD to study the game plans and he came back claiming he studied the game plan and blitz packages on the blank DVD.

I don't see this as an isolated example of top paid NFL players that feel that they are too talented to study their trade.............too arrogant to feel they need to improve.............and too dumb to know that they are not very smart at all.................

*****************************************************************************************************************

Kyler Murray admitted last year that he doesn’t spend extensive time watching film
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2022, 9:17 PM EDT

Monday’s stunning news that the new contract for Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray contains a homework clause wasn’t the product of randomness or coincidence. The Cardinals didn’t mandate a weekly commitment to engage in at least four hours of independent study if they believed Murray already was doing that, and then some.

The Cardinals, who made Murray look bad for not studying enough and themselves look worse for paying him that much money even though they think he doesn’t study enough, added that clause because they believed they needed it. They believed it based on, presumably, his actions through three years with the team.

Or, as the case may be, his admissions. In a New York Times profile from last December, Murray admitted that he doesn’t burn the midnight oil while studying pigskin celluloid.

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said, via Sarah Kezele of 98.7 Arizona Sports. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

Apparently, he wasn’t sitting there for four hours. In a week. If he were, the “Independent Study” clause would be meaningless.

Some have tried to downplay the development. That’s a mistake, a misreading of the circumstances that led to the clause. It’s a huge deal. It’s an unprecedented acknowledgement by an NFL team that, as it makes a long-term commitment with more than $100 million fully guaranteed at signing to a franchise quarterback, the quarterback needs the possibility of losing all guarantees to get him to do what any true franchise quarterback will do without being told or even asked — study at least four hours per week on his own in advance of the next game.

, I don’t know how much Kyler Murray does or doesn’t study. But I know this. The clause was put in the contract because the Cardinals have reason to believe that, without it, he may not study enough.

I don't see this as an isolated example of top paid NFL players that feel that they are too talented to study their trade.............too arrogant to feel they need to improve.............and too dumb to know that they are not very smart at all.................

*****************************************************************************************************************

Kyler Murray admitted last year that he doesn’t spend extensive time watching film
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2022, 9:17 PM EDT

Monday’s stunning news that the new contract for Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray contains a homework clause wasn’t the product of randomness or coincidence. The Cardinals didn’t mandate a weekly commitment to engage in at least four hours of independent study if they believed Murray already was doing that, and then some.

The Cardinals, who made Murray look bad for not studying enough and themselves look worse for paying him that much money even though they think he doesn’t study enough, added that clause because they believed they needed it. They believed it based on, presumably, his actions through three years with the team.

Or, as the case may be, his admissions. In a New York Times profile from last December, Murray admitted that he doesn’t burn the midnight oil while studying pigskin celluloid.

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said, via Sarah Kezele of 98.7 Arizona Sports. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”

Apparently, he wasn’t sitting there for four hours. In a week. If he were, the “Independent Study” clause would be meaningless.

Some have tried to downplay the development. That’s a mistake, a misreading of the circumstances that led to the clause. It’s a huge deal. It’s an unprecedented acknowledgement by an NFL team that, as it makes a long-term commitment with more than $100 million fully guaranteed at signing to a franchise quarterback, the quarterback needs the possibility of losing all guarantees to get him to do what any true franchise quarterback will do without being told or even asked — study at least four hours per week on his own in advance of the next game.

, I don’t know how much Kyler Murray does or doesn’t study. But I know this. The clause was put in the contract because the Cardinals have reason to believe that, without it, he may not study enough.

Good luck trying to win a championship with this guy Arizona. The Cards chose to pay him and now they're going to suffer the consequences of this decision for the rest of this decade.

Leonard Fournette's trainer states that Fournette has been losing weight..........with the assistance of long daily sauna sessions. Leonard and his trainer need more "training." Sure, Fournette is losing weight with the sauna approach..............but it's all water weight. This is a great way to dehydrate, resulting in muscle weakness, electrolyte problems and a host of medical problems from metabolic dysfunctions.

How about not letting yourself balloon up to begin with. But in lieu of that, putting in the distasteful effort of substituting a spoon for a shovel while eating............and substituting time in the gym for time in another type of "club."

Last edited:
Back