Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

FDxyM9-WQAALSRt

If this had been called offsides with the Texans attempting to defend a FG this forum would've caved under the weight of the b*tch*ng..

But no, it's actually supposed to be evidence the league is scripting football games..

ok.
Conspiracy or no conspiracy, even from your screen shot, if you draw a line from the edge of the ball parallel to the yard marker to the left (which is angled in the picture), there is no doubt that DLinemen on the right side are lined up offsides.

And all of those years I watched Mike Mayoc on the NFLNetwork, I really thought he knew what he was talking about
when it came to analyzing /evaluating college players coming into the NFL.

I have done it a bunch over the years myself, but this why fantasy GMing and mock drafting are just a fun pastime and in no way shows any of our ability to run an actual NFL draft or construct a real NFL roster.

Conspiracy or no conspiracy, even from your screen shot, if you draw a line from the edge of the ball parallel to the yard marker to the left (which is angled in the picture), there is no doubt that DLinemen on the right side are lined up offsides.

I think Watt is the only definite one. We've seen angles become tricky on camera before, the music city miracle comes immediately to mind.

Otherwise you'd have to use a laser-guided marker to determine conclusively that they all are only a fraction of some tiny distance offside, and yet people are convinced this is clear cut evidence of a conspiracy to predetermine outcomes by the league - the same league that still doesn't ever see it's biggest markets participate in their biggest event of the year.

I so miss Joel Buchsbaum

“Bill Belichick, who tried in vain to hire Buchsbaum several times as his right-hand scouting consultant, once called him one of his closest friends despite only meeting a few times.”

I don't watch the NBA so it's not something I can even speculate on.

With regards to football, the only place I could see it possibly happening is the bottleneck of officiating.

But, even then, the 'evidence' is not even close to supporting the concept of true scripting, meaning the NFL has per-determined outcomes.

We can clearly see players making plays and often teams just beat other teams in spite of bad calls.

Maybe there is some favoritism. It's clear that some QBs get better calls and protection from refs than others. If that is on purpose or not is anyone's guess, but as it pertains to actually scripting outcomes is not supported by a conclusive body of evidence.

What the NFL wants is money, and that revenue is driven by TV ratings. And since ratings are based on what the public wants to see, I can see the potential for the NFL to want its star QBs to win more than lose and even want those stars in the postseason. So in that regard, there is the potential for officiating to influence games in favor of those star players.

Gambling is the aspect that is going to really shed light on this stuff, because U.S. Congress is eventually going to get involved. The potential for gambling to influence the game is there, which is why the NFL avoided it for decades.

But there are too many eyes on the games and too many players/coaches/owners involved to believe in scripted outcomes without there being even one whistleblower by this point. JMO

Great post

I've seen with my own eyes penalties and things like the Dez catch. The Saints. Etc...

The Steelers/Seahawks SB is the most obvious thing I have ever seen.

49ers DE Javon Kinlaw recently underwent successful ACL reconstruction on his injured right knee to fix “chronic changes.” NFL ACL count = 43
So far, Kinlaw is not being counted as an ACL rupture. The reason given is that his surgery was performed due to a chronic failure of his previous ACL reconstruction.

Evidently, there has been a change of mind............49ers DE Javon Kinlaw recently underwent successful ACL reconstruction on his injured right knee to fix “chronic changes.” Yet, it is now officially being characterized as an ipsilateral re-rupture of his ACL................ACL #43.

I think the biggest thing that is making me less interested in the NFL is the glorification of divas. We are dealing with it right now with WD40 getting paid to ride the bench after he threw a temper tantrum and asked for a trade IN ADDITION TO his substantial legal issues. Yet somehow its the team’s fault and they deserve to be on the hook for his salary.

Then look at Odell Beckham. A guy who hasn’t been a #1 WR threat for years forces his way off a team and they still have to pay part of his salary so he can go play for a team perceived to have a better chance at a Super Bowl/better situation for him to be productive.

I can go on but these are the two most recent off the top of my head. Not interested in glorifying these divas, “Yeah free OBJ! Those Browns did him dirty!”

“Watson deserves better than a 150 million dollar contract he willingly signed less than a year ago!!”

It really looks like Baker Mayfield is playing Case Keenum right into the starting job. They should be 5-5 after today which could force the team to turn to CK in order to salvage the season and keep their playoff hopes alive.

I think the biggest thing that is making me less interested in the NFL is the glorification of divas. We are dealing with it right now with WD40 getting paid to ride the bench after he threw a temper tantrum and asked for a trade IN ADDITION TO his substantial legal issues. Yet somehow its the team’s fault and they deserve to be on the hook for his salary.

Then look at Odell Beckham. A guy who hasn’t been a #1 WR threat for years forces his way off a team and they still have to pay part of his salary so he can go play for a team perceived to have a better chance at a Super Bowl/better situation for him to be productive.

I can go on but these are the two most recent off the top of my head. Not interested in glorifying these divas, “Yeah free OBJ! Those Browns did him dirty!”

“Watson deserves better than a 150 million dollar contract he willingly signed less than a year ago!!”
While I agree for the most part, the Browns are actually making out better overall. OBJ has been hurt and didn't mesh with their offense. By letting him go, they renegotiated the terms of his contract and I believe they will pay him a lil less money overall this year while being completely free of his contract starting next year. If they kept him, he would still make around $15M a year from 2021 through2023, that money can be better spent elsewhere.

I wonder which record would be considered worse if the Lions tie another game without a win and the Texans fail to win another game. 0-15-2 or 1-16?
Personally I would give it to Detroit. I know they are technically tied. I also doubt Detroit will tie another game this year.

Raider FB Alec Ingold looked like he suffered an ACL rupture. And the way his leg twisted, I'd be surprised if his MCL is not gone too. No official word other than knee injury. Will wait for subsequent evaluation and reporting.

Speaking of the refs, did anyone see the Roughing the Passer call that Jerome Boger threw on the Saints defender?? Just a horrible horrible call, AND the Saints had just picked a Tannehill throw in the end zone to kill a drive.
just a pathetic call. I wish someone could look it up and post it. Calls like that one make you think really hard about the refs determining the outcome of games.

Speaking of the refs, did anyone see the Roughing the Passer call that Jerome Boger threw on the Saints defender?? Just a horrible horrible call, AND the Saints had just picked a Tannehill throw in the end zone to kill a drive.
just a pathetic call. I wish someone could look it up and post it. Calls like that one make you think really hard about the refs determining the outcome of games.
Saw it too and I agree, because such an obvious lapse in judgement by a ref can kinda put some doubt in ones mind about the integrity of the officiating.

Raider FB Alec Ingold looked like he suffered an ACL rupture. And the way his leg twisted, I'd be surprised if his MCL is not gone too. No official word other than knee injury. Will wait for subsequent evaluation and reporting.
Raiders FB Alec Ingold did in fact suffer a torn ACL..................ACL #45.

Money can’t buy you love (Superb Owl)….the Rams got beat like a drum last night.
Miller, OBJ, Darnold, Ramsey, Stafford. Pffff…

This reminds me of the dream team in Philly.

You can’t be one of the best at the position and expect it too be easy. You still have to work and fight hard against the average guy who wants it more.

A bunch of average guys can be a better team than a bunch of talented guys that make for an average team.

In a way, yes. The Eagles are finally running the ball effectively. Which has put less pressure on the passing game. And allowed Hurts to be more efficient.

A running game that works can help. Someone might want to let the good folks on Kirby know that.

Their new and improved running game has essentially been Hurts. Not sure if his runs were by design or b/c of broken pass plays. He’s reminding me more of Michael Vick this season than a successful pocket passer who runs to keep defenses honest. Like Vick discovered, defenses will get around to slowing his running way down and when that happens…..then the Eagles and Hurts will know what kind of QB he’s truly capable of becoming.

Their new and improved running game has essentially been Hurts.
No. The Eagles RBs have averaged 142 yds/game the past 3 weeks. A stark contrast from the 63 yds/game the RBs were getting the 1st 7 weeks of the season. Hurts running has been there all season. It's the production from the RBs that has made the recent difference.

No. The Eagles RBs have averaged 142 yds/game the past 3 weeks. A stark contrast from the 63 yds/game the RBs were getting the 1st 7 weeks of the season. Hurts running has been there all season. It's the production from the RBs that has made the recent difference.

On the season (10 games)….Hurts was the leading rusher 7 times. Twice he was the second leading rusher. This past week Hurts finished third. Howard and Scott led the way for a combined 164 yards. Hurts still had 53 yards.

For the season Hurts is the leading rusher with 97 carries for 547 yards in 10 games. The next closet is Sanders with 63 carries and 300 yards in 7 games. The closet RB who’s played all 10 games is Scott with 40 carries and 205 yards.

Overall, the Eagles running game has been pretty damm solid but Hurts is the bell-cow. Maybe with the arrival of Sanders and Howard (3 games)…..Hurts won’t have to be the spot light runner for the rest of the season.

Back