Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Have you seen Mark Ingram in Nawlin's? It ain't the RB.

I know……deep down, I really want to put the blame squarely on Kelly’s (OB’s) zero imagination game plan for incorporating the run game and overall offensive scheme.

10 games in and every DC in the NFL knows they can just unload the blitz all game b/c it can catch a simple run play when attempted and should they be trying to pass, collapse the pocket around the QB which roughly takes away their time to see any progressions.

Kelly must come out and start a game in the No-Huddle 2-Minute Offense and adjust those routes down to simply take what the defense is willing to give up in order to counter the blitz. Damm…..just loosen up the defense a little bit, then start jabbing them with some runs.

Last edited:
Expansion to 40 teams isn’t as crazy as it sounds
November 16, 2021, 1:32 PM EST

If/when the NFL offers St. Louis an expansion team in an effort to resolve the Rams relocation litigation, the league wouldn’t move to an odd number of teams. The league would add a second team, if it adds a first one.Which gives rise to a bigger question. How many more teams could the NFL eventually add?

Regardless of whether the league successfully expands the regular season to 18 games in order to increase inventory for betting purposes (it wants to do it; the question is when it can persuade the NFL Payers Association to do it), adding teams adds inventory, too.

THE REST OF THE STORY
Isn't as crazy as it sounds??? Has he seen the quality of play we have with what is considered the cream of the crop? Maybe increase each team's roster numbers and temper down the ceiling for the big pay day players so that more players can be sought.

If/when the NFL offers St. Louis an expansion team in an effort to resolve the Rams relocation litigation, the league wouldn’t move to an odd number of teams. The league would add a second team, if it adds a first one.Which gives rise to a bigger question. How many more teams could the NFL eventually add?

Regardless of whether the league successfully expands the regular season to 18 games in order to increase inventory for betting purposes (it wants to do it; the question is when it can persuade the NFL Payers Association to do it), adding teams adds inventory, too.

THE REST OF THE STORY
Isn't as crazy as it sounds??? Has he seen the quality of play we have with what is considered the cream of the crop? Maybe increase each team's roster numbers and temper down the ceiling for the big pay day players so that more players can be sought.
Hopefully Houston can get a team. Ba-da tsh!!

THE REST OF THE STORY

I’ve been a major supporter of increasing the roster and the players who should be dressing on gameday. I think rosters could be 60 players and all 60 players should be available on gameday.

Secondly, expansion is inevitable b/c it’s mo’ money…mo’ money….mo’ money!!! There are cities within the US that would absolutely jump at the opportunity to bring an NFL franchise to town. Maybe a combination of 4 new franchises for US cities and 4 for the Canadian market…..which could be brought in from the CFL. This should hold and build on those teams current fan base. I think these franchises would be fully supported and from a logistics standpoint…..much more manageable for the NFL. Of course, the only clause in this deal, the NHL must award a franchise to the City of Houston…..hello Houston Aeros!!!!

Finally, if the NFL is truly looking at the European market they should go all in and put all 8 franchises there. 4 AFC and 4 NFC…..that could help with travel cost b/c each team could have 10 games per season on European soil and then 4 games hosting games for US franchises and 4 travel games to the US market. I still have my doubts that Europe would fully embrace the NFL over their fandom for soccer.

I’ve been a major supporter of increasing the roster and the players who should be dressing on gameday. I think rosters could be 60 players and all 60 players should be available on gameday.

Secondly, expansion is inevitable b/c it’s mo’ money…mo’ money….mo’ money!!! There are cities within the US that would absolutely jump at the opportunity to bring an NFL franchise to town. Maybe a combination of 4 new franchises for US cities and 4 for the Canadian market…..which could be brought in from the CFL. This should hold and build on those teams current fan base. I think these franchises would be fully supported and from a logistics standpoint…..much more manageable for the NFL. Of course, the only clause in this deal, the NHL must award a franchise to the City of Houston…..hello Houston Aeros!!!!

Finally, if the NFL is truly looking at the European market they should go all in and put all 8 franchises there. 4 AFC and 4 NFC…..that could help with travel cost b/c each team could have 10 games per season on European soil and then 4 games hosting games for US franchises and 4 travel games to the US market. I still have my doubts that Europe would fully embrace the NFL over their fandom for soccer.

It’s hard enough to find quality QBs, OL, DBs as it is now. Now you want to add 8 more teams? I agree that the NFL will expand at some point, because of the money, but man, the product is going to suffer, and at some point that’s going to matter.

I mean, look at the Texans right now. They still have the tickets sold, of course, thanks to the PSL scam, but they’ve got maybe 30,000 butts in seats at games these days, and a fan base that gets more apathetic by the second. Jacksonville has been covering half their stadium for years. And I’ve noticed other games on TV where the crowds were very sparse.

I think 2020 woke people up that they don’t have to spend boatloads of money to go to a sporting event. I mean it literally costs a small fortune to take yourself and a spouse, never mind a family of 4, to these games. And we’re talking nosebleed seats too. You want to keep those prices, that keep going up, and put an overall inferior product out there as well?

And I don’t think Europe gives the support, long term, to a product that’s been watered down and eventually may not be much better than NFL Europe was. Yeah, it will be the bomb at first, but when those teams aren’t successful on the field, and if you put multiple teams over there, they all won’t be successful, it’s going to crash.

The taunting rule has gotten ridiculous! KC penalized for pointing at Cowboy beaten on a TD

The taunting rule has gotten ridiculous! KC penalized for pointing at Cowboy beaten on a TD

The enforcement of that rule has been out of control stupid. But on that particular play, the guy was pointing at the Cowboy even before he was in the end zone. If they really wanted to enforce it correctly, they should have called that TD back...

The enforcement of that rule has been out of control stupid. But on that particular play, the guy was pointing at the Cowboy even before he was in the end zone. If they really wanted to enforce it correctly, they should have called that TD back...

This is what need to happen if they truly want to stop the taunting.

Not in relation to whatever was said in this case, but since excessive trash talking is considered taunting who gets to decide what is excessive. This seems to be very subjective and no way can it be consistent.
Self-control seems to be an issue worldwide including this message board. It is the "I want to say what I want to say so I'm going to say it philosophy. "

Posters continue to question moderators decisions rather than just letting it go and watch what they say.

Subjective or not, some things just don't have to be said.

"But I wanna.."

Self-control seems to be an issue worldwide including this message board. It is the "I want to say what I want to say so I'm going to say it philosophy. "

Posters continue to question moderators decisions rather than just letting it go and watch what they say.

"But I wanna.."
Understood and I get it, but trash talk has been at almost every level of competitive sport throughout time. While I don't know, I can only speculate that it's not personal.

Joe Judge has fired Jason Garrett saying it was not a "snap decision." It was only after accumulating evidence that the offense was going the wrong direction. Too bad Judge's hiring of Garrett was a snap decision that, given Garrett's long history/evidence of incompetence, should have never taken place. But Judge is likely to shortly be shown the map to the pasture upon which Garrett is presently grazing.

Guys, meet your future boss...........
1637707008695.png

"But I wanna.."

So is hypocrisy.

Hypocrites should always have the light shown on them.

Aaron Rodgers has not been practicing for the past few days for what has been reported as a toe injury. Specifically, he has not suffered a turf toe. He has sustained a fracture of his 5th toe.

What could such an honest entity as the NFL possibly be hiding? :mcnugget:

St. Louis settlement agreement requires the destruction of documents regarding the case
November 26, 2021, 7:34 PM EST

By agreeing to pay $790 million to settle the Rams relocation litigation, the NFL avoided a Seinfeld finale-style parade of owners onto the witness stand at a trial that was due to begin in January. The league also hopes to avoid the publication of certain documents generated during the litigation.

The settlement agreement signed by the parties on Wednesday requires the destruction of certain documents regarding the case within seven days after the eventual “stipulation of dismissal.” The dismissal is required within seven days after the payment of the $790 million settlement, which is required within 30 days after Wednesday, November 24.

To keep the materials from being destroyed, someone will need to move quickly, seeking production of the documents from the three plaintiffs — all public entities — and then filing a lawsuit along with a request for a court order blocking the destruction. Ben Frederickson of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has made it clear that his publication intends to proceed accordingly.

Hopefully, it will. The NFL has agreed to pay hundreds of millions in order to prevent a public trial in open court. It’s possible that it’s too late to expunge the information that already was generated during the litigation process, especially since that litigation involved public bodies who can’t make things secret.

Whatever went down, it was enough to get the NFL to pay nearly $800 million. It’s only fair that everyone get a chance to explore those materials in an effort to discover what could be a very inconvenient truth about the NFL.

caught a snippet of one of the Saints' games recently (this week's?)

color guy commented that Siemian drops deeper than normal (couple more steps than usual) - complicating things for the OL
can this be true?
how is that allowed/not fixed by the OC?

Sean Payton would fix if it was an issue...no?
or color guy w/a bad take?

#never.played.hs.football

color guy commented that Siemian drops deeper than normal (couple more steps than usual) - complicating things for the OL
can this be true?

It would seem to me that if he was consistent the OL would adapt readily enough

can this be true?

This one of those things that is probably on the QB. We've seen this happen here when the OT pushes a defender beyond where he thinks the QB's pocket should be but the QB dropped to far or held the ball to long. On the play you're talking about Drew Brees actually commented and stated it was on the QB, I'm sure Payton had words with Siemian on it.

Could fate really deliver a Brady-Belichick encore at the Super Bowl?

Seems destiny is teasing us, dangling before our wistful eyes a sequel potentially epic in scale, the NFL equivalent of Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Jurassic World.
The planets are aligning for Brady-Belichick, Part Deux.

Working title: Bucs-Patriots in Super Bowl 56.

As November segues to December, the chances appear solid that fate will give us a follow-up to Brady’s compelling, climactic return to Foxborough, Mass., in early October. BetOnline, a sports-wagering site, currently lists the odds of a Bucs-Patriots Super Bowl matchup at 16 to 1.

Full Article

If "the fix is in", then this will be our next Super Bowl match up. The ratings would probably be the highest ever. :thinking:

The top two picks in this years draft are currently ranked at 31 & 32 on the NFL site on current QB rankings. Tyrod Taylor is ranked at 28 and Ben Whataburger at 29.

The top two picks in this years draft are currently ranked at 31 & 32 on the NFL site on current QB rankings. Tyrod Taylor is ranked at 28 and Ben Whataburger at 29.

Davis Mills is also ranked ahead of the 2021 top two picks (Lawrence & Wilson) as well……and that was playing against the hardest part of the Texans schedule. He’s also ahead of Brissett, Darnold, and Fields. I wonder if he could’ve worked himself up the rankings had he got to continue as QB1 when the schedule finally got more friendly.

Deandre Hopkins was injured during the Cardinals game against the Texans (week 7). It was a grade I hamstring that he sustained near the end of the game. He then tried to come back on the subsequent short week Thursday Night Football game where he was only able to take a very limited amount of snaps (8) before needing to leave the game having extended the tear to a grade II. He had not practiced since the Texans game or played since the Thursday night game. He has practiced in a very limited fashion both Wednesday and today. If he's smart, he will not try to play this Sunday (week 13).

Last edited:
Cordarelle Patterson is the best value contract in the NFL this season. Kudos to Arthur Smith and Dave Ragone for designing an offense to fulfill his potential.

I wonder what Smith and Ragone could have done with this Texans offense? They have a similar roster makeup on offense. OL is better, but how much of that is due to better coaching/scheme?

Kyle Pitts is the best talent of either group and Matt Ryan is better than Tyrod/Mills but on backside of his career.

Patterson signed with them for 1 year/3 million. Same price for Lindsay. Ragone definitely saw something while he was with the Bears and that helped.

Cordarelle Patterson is the best value contract in the NFL this season. Kudos to Arthur Smith and Dave Ragone for designing an offense to fulfill his potential.

I wonder what Smith and Ragone could have done with this Texans offense? They have a similar roster makeup on offense. OL is better, but how much of that is due to better coaching/scheme?

Kyle Pitts is the best talent of either group and Matt Ryan is better than Tyrod/Mills but on backside of his career.

Patterson signed with them for 1 year/3 million. Same price for Lindsay. Ragone definitely saw something while he was with the Bears and that helped.
Wasn’t he a wide receiver when playing for the Vikings a few years ago?

Back