Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Vincent Jackson died from chronic alcohol use, medical examiner says
4:54 PM CT
Jenna LaineESPN Staff Writer

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Hillsborough County (Florida) Medical Examiner said Wednesday that former NFL wide receiver Vincent Jackson died from chronic alcohol use and that the manner of his February death was "natural."

The medical examiner's release comes days after the Concussion Legacy Foundation said Jackson was diagnosed with Stage 2 chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), the progressive brain disease associated with repeated head trauma.

Jackson was found dead at the Homewood Suites in Brandon, Florida, after his family had reported him missing five days earlier, and after authorities had spoken with him as part of a welfare check. He was 38.

No cause of death was released at the time.

In the months leading up to his death, the former Buccaneers and Chargers receiver suffered from depression, progressive memory loss, mood swings, paranoia and extreme social isolation, all considered to be symptoms of CTE.

The autopsy report revealed that Jackson suffered from alcoholic cardiomyopathy, hepatic steatosis and fibrosis, esophageal varices, ascites, jaundice, remote pancreatitis, renal failure and hyponatremia dehydration, cardiovascular disease and intoxication by ethyl alcohol -- all consistent with chronic alcohol use. The medical examiner found that he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.28%.

Jackson had no alcohol-related incidents with the Buccaneers, but during the early part of his career while with the Chargers he was arrested twice on suspicion of DUI (2006, '09) and was suspended for the first three games of the 2010 season as a result.

The autopsy report also noted Jackson suffered from Stage 2 CTE (Stage 4 being the most severe). CTE only can be diagnosed posthumously through a special autopsy. Jackson's family donated his brain to Boston University's CTE Center in hopes that other families could be helped by what its researchers find.

Too young. Too common. RIP.

I don't get why this is so hard. The Hogs were a great name for their OL in the 80's & 90's. Just go with that. Their fans will completely accept it.

I'm liking the WFT name.

Personally, I would name the the Washington Political Correctness

I‘ve never gotten the infatuation with Jimmy G. Another over rated QB. Based on drafting Trey Lance, Shanny might also agree.
Funny thing about that.

The word is they're going to cut JimmyG this offseason. Can't justify that contract. But Trey Lance hasn't played any significant snaps.

How do they know what they got?

Funny thing about that.

The word is they're going to cut JimmyG this offseason. Can't justify that contract. But Trey Lance hasn't played any significant snaps.

How do they know what they got?
Based on how Shanny took the ball out of Jimmy G’s hands in the NFCCG and how it often appears he tries to minimize his mistakes, I would say he knows what he has in JimmyG and he thinks Lance on a rookie contract allows them to shore up other areas of the team while getting the same production from the QB position.

Based on how Shanny took the ball out of Jimmy G’s hands in the NFCCG and how it often appears he tries to minimize his mistakes, I would say he knows what he has in JimmyG and he thinks Lance on a rookie contract allows them to shore up other areas of the team while getting the same production from the QB position.
Careful, you know TK is poking at something that's not on the surface...lol :pop:

Careful, you know TK is poking at something that's not on the surface...lol :pop:

He is late. I've already poked. :kitten:

Browns/Packers just ended & I see a Subway Trevor Lawrence commercial.

Baker Mayfield Progressive commercials air all the time whether I'm watching football or not.

I think it's odd I've never seen a Watson commercial other than a local HEB thing.

Reactions: JB
I hope they change the way they call false starts.

It should be like encroachment where the movement starts the defensive player across the neutral zone.

If an offensive player flinches I don't want to see a defensive player stand up & start pointing. I'd rather they let them snap the ball & run that defender over.

It should be like encroachment where the movement starts the defensive player across the neutral zone.

If an offensive player flinches I don't want to see a defensive player stand up & start pointing. I'd rather they let them snap the ball & run that defender over.

Maybe the OL should not get set so early?

Browns/Packers just ended & I see a Subway Trevor Lawrence commercial.

Baker Mayfield Progressive commercials air all the time whether I'm watching football or not.

I think it's odd I've never seen a Watson commercial other than a local HEB thing.
And they both suck

Stupidest rule in football, other than the fumble out of the end zone

Christ almighty, just cause you're vaxed doesn't mean you can't get covid. It just means your likely hood of it being serious is way way down.

That many players, who do have social lives of some sort, all bunched up and practicing together in the midst of a pandemic, what do you expect to happen? The only surprising thing is it's not worse than it is.

If they got vaxed, everybody would be healthier and safer...

70% of people are vaxed and 50% have gotten Covid and should have natural immunity. Yet more people have died this yr than last and the media is reporting virtually nothing about this. Versus last yr when there were daily death counts plastered all over TV and the daily Cuomo (POS) cry fest, all knowing that his decisions to put Covid patients in nursing homes killed thousands.

70% of people are vaxed and 50% have gotten Covid and should have natural immunity. Yet more people have died this yr than last and the media is reporting virtually nothing about this. Versus last yr when there were daily death counts plastered all over TV and the daily Cuomo (POS) cry fest, all knowing that his decisions to put Covid patients in nursing homes killed thousands.

Not going to address anything you said here because most of it is obviously politically motivated. I stand by my original statement.

Just for the benefit of full disclosure. My dad passed away back in February because of Covid, having been infected before he had a chance to get vaccinated, so I have extra contempt for all the idiot assholes who refuse to acknowledge the dangers of this virus and refuse to take the easiest of precautions and to get a free f'king vaccination shot.

Clinical tests have shown that vaxed folks have a higher immunity and more antibodies for covid that non-vaxed folks who've had covid and recovered. Having had covid doesn't give you the protection that getting vaxed does.

And why the media isn't reporting the higher death rates is because they're the media, so perhaps their agenda has changed.

Clinical tests have shown that vaxed folks have a higher immunity and more antibodies for covid that non-vaxed folks who've had covid and recovered. Having had covid doesn't give you the protection that getting vaxed does.

And why the media isn't reporting the higher death rates is because they're the media, so perhaps their agenda has changed.

Then why is it with 98% of the NFL being vaxed 106 players are on the Covid list? All that really needs to be done to get to the bottom of ALL of this is, take a deep dive look at the Wuhaun lab/the NIH and follow the money from there.

The media is evil.

Not going to address anything you said here because most of it is obviously politically motivated. I stand by my original statement.

Just for the benefit of full disclosure. My dad passed away back in February because of Covid, having been infected before he had a chance to get vaccinated, so I have extra contempt for all the idiot assholes who refuse to acknowledge the dangers of this virus and refuse to take the easiest of precautions and to get a free f'king vaccination shot.

Sorry for your loss.

NFL and NFLPA are getting close to adopting a new COVID-19 Protocol that would reduce the quarantine time to 5 days from 10 days for all players, including those who are unvaccinated. The vote may take place today.

Shaq Barrett has been reported to have suffered a "sprained ACL," MCL. The Bucs hope for playoff return. A "sprained ACL" is a partial tear of the ACL. He may try to play in the playoffs, and could make it through that. But an NFL athlete is bound to have it repaired after the playoffs are finished, as a very high risk persists for completion of an ACL rupture in the future.

Additional COVID19 Protocol enhancements.................

Tuesday’s agreement between the NFL and NFL Players Association adopting the CDC’s new five-day rule (down from 10) for all positive cases (vaccinated and unvaccinated) if asymptomatic includes a few other terms that will alter the experience at team facilities, until the next change in the COVID protocols.

The latest protocols bring back measures aimed at reducing the spread of the virus in the building. However, rules regarding behavior away from the workplace have not been re-implemented.

In-person meetings once again must be held outdoors or in a practice bubble, with social distancing. All players and staff once again must wear masks when indoors at club facilities, regardless of vaccination status. Also, no more than 15 players once again may be present in a weight room at one time, and players once again may not eat together in the meal rooms.

Although the NFL has claimed that most of the infections happen away from team facilities, the new protocols include only a reminder that the Omicron variant “is among the most contagious viruses in history,” along with a statement that the NFL and NFLPA “strongly recommend that even fully vaccinated staff and players avoid public areas including restaurants, bars and social gatherings” during the current spike.

The teams that will be best situated to withstand the current spike will consist of the most players and coaches who will voluntarily restrict their activities when not at work. Alternatively, those that have the virus wash through the team now won’t have to worry about significant numbers of players, coaches, and staff being unavailable during, say, the playoffs.

Some think the league and the union are secretly hoping for that outcome. De facto herd immunity, thanks to the vast majority of players, coaches, and staff catching the virus now — and then not having to worry about catching it after Week 18.
LINK

NFL and NFLPA are getting close to adopting a new COVID-19 Protocol that would reduce the quarantine time to 5 days from 10 days for all players, including those who are unvaccinated. The vote may take place today.

Just in time to ensure the NFL's golden goose - playoffs! - will be minimally impacted. I can't say that I blame them. The Saints/Dolphins game was a tough watch and not entertaining at all.

Condolences

Did we already talk about this?

3oSjLWh0PD7mPzjw-dH8E2U4LpvCc4Bh3sbfmHABsWY_350x200_3x-0.jpeg

Back