Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Depends on what you think of Derrick as a franchise QB, I was against trading up for derrick at that time.

I was for trading for Tunsil. I figured trading a couple of 1sts. (The Stills/4th equaled the 2nd in my mind) Trading for Tunsil and drafting Howard/Scharping made me think that the OL would grow together and become great. I was wrong because Howard/Scharping are looking busty and the team quit on BOB after 51-7.

I was good with drafting Watson but I wasn’t happy with the price paid to move up to get him. In all honesty, I thought Watson would’ve dropped right into their lap had they stayed put.

I was good with the trade for Tunsil but OB screwed that up royally by way overpaying then multiplied the screw up by not having an extension on the table before the deal was consummated.

If you dont believe in getting the poke, you're selfish?
Look what he's done to all of his teammates - by not taking care of himself and doing what's necessary to fulfill his responsibility to them he's let them all down because they have to play their backup QB this weekend and risk their chances on a trip to the SB.
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will not play against the Chiefs on Sunday after testing positive for COVID-19, according to the NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

Second-year quarterback Jordan Love is expected to start in Kansas City.

Last edited:
Look what he's done to all of his teammates - by not taking care of himself and doing what's necessary to fulfill his responsibility to them he's let them all down because they have to play their backup QB this weekend and risk their chances on a trip to the SB.
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will not play against the Chiefs on Sunday after testing positive for COVID-19, according to the NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

When it comes to how a person takes care of his/her body/health is an individual decision. IMHO BTW, I'm fully vaccinated.

Last edited:
A-A-Ron Rodgers is standing on solid ground since he too has now survived contracting C-19. More importantly has any active NFL football player dropped dead after contracting C-19?

Man, does anyone follow the science? Folks who have been vaccinated can still get and pass C-19…..and some folks have just flat out died after receiving C-19 vaccine.

When science decides to come out with some truth and honesty? They will finally acknowledge that folks who have survived C-19 probably have a natural immunity that no man-made vaccine can out perform.

Last edited:
You act as if being vaccinated will protect other people
The NFL has said that there is a COVID protocol enforement problem. That in part has been a problem. But the primary problem is not enforcement.........it is that the way things have been set up making the rules different for vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated players...........despite the well-established fact that the vaccines do not fully protect from exposure, nor does it protect from spreading the joy to others.

Are you talking about Deshaun…just read the first sentence thinking it sounded like him, selfish. But Watson is not a super bowl caliber QB in my opinion.

Last edited:
The NFL has said that there is a COVID protocol enforement problem. That in part has been a problem. But the primary problem is not enforcement.........it is that the way things have been set up making the rules different for vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated players...........despite the well-established fact that the vaccines do not fully protect from exposure, nor does it protect from spreading the joy to others.
But...

A regular season game against a non conference opponent is not “risking their chances on a trip to the SB.” This is not a playoff game. In the worrd of A-A-ron…” relax…”

Reactions: JB
A regular season game against a non conference opponent is not “risking their chances on a trip to the SB.” This is not a playoff game. In the worrd of A-A-ron…” relax…”
The Packers are tied with Arizona for the best record in the NFC, and they are just one game ahead of two other teams in their conference so a single victory or loss could be the difference in home field advantage in the P/Os which is often a big factor in determining chances of getting to the SB.

Last edited by a moderator:

So what's that say about the players who did get vaccinated & still got Covid? Are they being selfish & not taking care of themselves?

Regardless if there is a reduction in the chance he might get covid. There are still plenty of vaccinated players who got covid.

So what's that say about the players who did get vaccinated & still got Covid? Are they being selfish & not taking care of themselves?

Regardless if there is a reduction in the chance he might get covid. There are still plenty of vaccinated players who got covid.
C'mon man - everybody knows the vaccines aren't foolproof, they don't provide 100 % risk free protection because we know there are so called breakthrus with people who are fully vaccinated but even then cases of severe illness and death are significantly lower witrh the vaccinnated.

C'mon man - everybody knows the vaccines aren't foolproof, they don't provide 100 % risk free protection because we know there are so called breakthrus with people who are fully vaccinated but even then cases of severe illness and death are significantly lower witrh the vaccinnated.
The point is you said
Look what he's done to all of his teammates - by not taking care of himself and doing what's necessary to fulfill his responsibility to them he's let them all down
So I'm asking if this is true for the vaccinated players who also got covid & there are many.

The point is you said

So I'm asking if this is true for the vaccinated players who also got covid & there are many.
I'd say it would depend on each individual: I mean if a player got the vac and was careful about who he associated with and where he went and still somehow got infected then I'd it difficult to find fault or blame with that player.
I dunno I hope that's helpful ?

was careful about who he associated with and where he went and still somehow got infected then I'd it difficult to find fault or blame with that player.
I dunno I hope that's helpful ?
Fine.
Do you feel the same if Rodgers was careful about who he associated with and where he went, but still somehow got infected?

Bizarre and inexcusable........

Joe Judge: Giants have had problems with headsets not working in every game this year
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 2, 2021, 5:57 AM EDT

Giants coach Joe Judge says his team had to use timeouts it didn’t want to use against the Chiefs on Monday Night Football because the headsets weren’t working and they couldn’t get their plays called.
In fact, Judge says the Giants’ headsets never work.

It’s happened in every game so far,” Judge said, via Newsday. “We deal with the league and they keep telling us there are different software updates, but we had to call two timeouts today because we’re trying to send the deals in personnel-wise and we have half the headsets aren’t getting any reception . . . Whatever the issue with that is, the people involved with that had better get it fixed fast.”
Judge said he doesn’t know if league or Giants employees are in charge of getting the headsets to work but that it “better be fixed fast.”

It should have been fixed after the first time. That it still hasn’t been fixed nearing the halfway point of the season is bizarre, and one of the strangest complaints we’ve heard from an NFL coach this season.

If I was a Giants' coach that was fired after this season, I'd definitely file a lawsuit against the NFL.. Well depending on what career trajectory I currently had, because that'd definitely be career suicide 🤔.. Any ex-Texans on that staff?

The Packers are tied with Arizona for the best record in the NFC, and they are just one game ahead of two other teams in their conference so a single victory or loss could be the difference in home field advantage in the P/Os which is often a big factor in determining chances of getting to the SB.

Yeah and there's much bigger life choices than a football game..

Btw.. I'm unvaccinated 😁 But I identify as vaccinated..

If someone is so worried about getting covid and the health problems it may cause them, by all means.. go get vaccinated, you don't even have to pay for it and fully protect yourself.

If someone is uncomfortable with taking a experimental vaccine and believes they'll be fine given their health/age and other statistics.. By all means you should be able to decide what's best for you.

Last edited:

Rodgers put his personal health above his team and frankly I don't blame him.

Btw.. I'm unvaccinated But I identify as vaccinated..

If someone is so worried about getting covid and the health problems it may cause them, by all means.. go get vaccinated, you don't even have to pay for it and fully protect yourself.

If someone is uncomfortable with taking a experimental vaccine and believes they'll be fine given their health/age and other statistics.. By all means you should be able to decide what's best for you.

Perfectly said and it boggles my mind why some people can’t see this point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perfectly said and it boggles my mind why some people can’t see this point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Followers have no desire to be leaders. If the vaccinated truly believed in their poke, they’d be mask free and have no fear roaming into crowds…..but something tells me they have a lot of apprehension towards trusting the vaccine they received.

My wife and I had no choice in taking the poke b/c we wouldn’t be cleared for our overseas assignment otherwise. The way I see it…..if it’s not good enough for the folks crossing into our country illegally…..then shouldn’t be good enough for the folks born and raised in this country.

Now that the Jets have unearthed White and Johnson…..where exactly does the under performing third wheel, Zach Wilson fit in? Could they even get a RD1 for him before the 2022 NFL Draft?

Reading this article by the LEAGUE OF JUSTICE makes me ill.

DEFENSE: How Raiders’ Henry Ruggs III Can Legally Fight In Crash Aftermath. Defense Strategies Explained.

ByAMY DASH
-
NOVEMBER 3, 2021

Btw.. I'm unvaccinated 😁 But I identify as vaccinated..

OK so what if Rogers had a spouse and children at home, even an elderly parent living with him ?

OK so what if Rogers had a spouse and children at home, even an elderly parent living with him ?

He doesn't, but if he did his family could ask him to move out of the house if they are uncomfortable with him being unvaccinated. Just like the Packers could cut him for being unvaccinated.

He doesn't, but if he did his family could ask him to move out of the house if they are uncomfortable with him being unvaccinated. Just like the Packers could cut him for being unvaccinated.
An entire family breaks-up and goes its separate ways so one wimpy guy can avoid a single little jab in the arm !
Really Steel, pretty drastic don't you think ?

An entire family breaks-up and goes its separate ways so one wimpy guy can avoid a single little jab in the arm !
Really Steel, pretty drastic don't you think ?

The Rodgers family is estranged.

I've seen this happen in my own extended family. Vaccinated not wanting to be around unvaccinated. Relatives choosing where they're going for Thanksgiving as an example. BTW, I think this is stupid.

Now that the Jets have unearthed White and Johnson…..where exactly does the under performing third wheel, Zach Wilson fit in? Could they even get a RD1 for him before the 2022 NFL Draft?
Both White & Johnson have been in the league a lot longer. Johnson especially has played a lot of Pro ball.

Zack needs developing. Book shouldn't be closed just yet?

I've seen this happen in my own extended family. Vaccinated not wanting to be around unvaccinated. Relatives choosing where they're going for Thanksgiving as an example. BTW, I think this is stupid.
I'm sorry to hear that it's caused such strife in your family.

You're being pretty obstinate about the whole matter. It's voluntary at this point after all and not like you will ever come into contact with him
First I really should apologize for the "wimpy guy" wise-azz remark. That was uncalled for on my part.
I guess this fear of vaccines, even though this may seem irrational to most of us, is a real psychological obstacle for some folks.
But to me it's a case of priorities, what's most important: avoiding the vaccine or living on a daily basis with the most important people in ones world.

First I really should apologize for the "wimpy guy" wise-azz remark. That was uncalled for on my part.
I guess this fear of vaccines, even though this may seem irrational to most of us, is a real psychological obstacle for some folks.
But to me it's a case of priorities, what's most important: avoiding the vaccine or living on a daily basis with the most important people in ones world.

You do know that being vaccinated against Covid 19 does not prevent either catching or spreading the disease?

You do know that being vaccinated against Covid 19 does not prevent either catching or spreading the disease?

…..let’s not forget about the folks who’ve died after getting the jab. Why haven’t they established a pre-vaccine check to ensure that those receiving the jab can do so safely? Duck, is that asking far too much?

Until folks come to the realization that big Pharma is making an absolute fortune by having the political world and medical community back their get rich agenda…..then we might as well come to grips with the fact that humans are nothing more than live living lab rats to these folks and there will be acceptable casualties along the way.

Listen my friend do you realize how fortunate we are to live in this greatest of all countries which has the medical & scientific resources & talent to produce not one but three vaccines which offer us far more protection, though not absolute protection, than the unvaccinated have against this terrible virus ?

Listen my friend do you realize how fortunate we are to live in this greatest of all countries which has the medical & scientific resources & talent to produce not one but three vaccines which offer us far more protection, though not absolute protection, than the unvaccinated have against this terrible virus ?

At a nominal fee that they have the government…..thus American taxpayers, paying the bill. Let me know when they do anything from the goodness of their art and offer their vaccine in a crisis at a small but reasonable profit instead of the blood sucking margins they really operate on. When do folks who lost loved one’s due to an adverse reaction to the vaccine get to lineup and sue the living shite out of these big Pharma companies?

49ers DT Javon Kinlaw has just undergone ACL surgery for rupture that occurred last week..................ACL #38.
So far, Kinlaw is not being counted as an ACL rupture. The reason given is that his surgery was performed due to a chronic failure of his previous ACL reconstruction.

However, now to take his place is Panthers C Matt Paradis who sustained a torn ACL yesterday...............ACL #38.

Derrick Henry, who sustained a Jones fracture, has no chance of returning as originally reported in 6-8 weeks. Instead of undergoing the traditional single screw repair, his fracture was repaired with a plate and multiple screws. Therefore, he has no chance of returning any time this season.

Back