Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Leigh Bodden to visit Houston-Re-Signs with Pats for 28.5 million /5 years 10 guar.

Adam_Schefter Correct RT @ArmandoSalguero: And even amid denials from his agent, I am told Leigh Bodden WILL be returning to the Patriots.

Adam_Schefter

Correct RT @ArmandoSalguero: And even amid denials from his agent, I am told Leigh Bodden WILL be returning to the Patriots.

Fixed it for you. :)

LMAO at all these people who try to pin this on McNair. :lol:

Please list what we possibly could've done outside of handing over a "Dunta" sized contract that would've put this guy in a Texans' uniform. It's as obvious as a fart in church that this guy (and the Pats) were only looking for a offer sheet. We did all the work, the Pats just had to sign on the bottom line.....sometimes that's just how things work out.

Oh, oh oh.....but McNair is just a cheap ass :rolleyes: yep when we can't gather the facts of the situation lets pull that card, that's much easier.

his agent just had a update

Leigh has always indicated his desire to return to New England but nothing is official and probably will not be until 2mrw at the earliest

Please list what we possibly could've done outside of handing over a "Dunta" sized contract that would've put this guy in a Texans' uniform. It's as obvious as a fart in church that this guy (and the Pats) were only looking for a offer sheet. We did all the work, the Pats just had to sign on the bottom line.....sometimes that's just how things work out.

Oh, oh oh.....but McNair is just a cheap ass :rolleyes: yep when we can't gather the facts of the situation lets pull that card, that's much easier.

See who of importance gets signed throughout the rest of the offseason:gun:

If I were not a Texans fan I would be dogging my Texan fan friends. This is comical.

gang_that_couldnt_shoot_straight.jpg

Of course, the sun will rise tomorrow, and my season ticket payment will be due sometime soon.

I am not sure if I am a glutton or a masochist, but that is good enough for another Texanstalk post!

See who of importance gets signed throughout the rest of the offseason:gun:

Umm.....who of importance is left? You do realize that this is arguably the weakest FA class in the last decade don't you. My god, broke ass shell of himself Dunta Robinson is now the 2nd highest paid corner in the league, but let's all run around and cry like school girls because our team isn't handing out blockbuster contracts to sub par talent. :rolleyes: Y'all do remember THAT is what got us in this mess in the first place.....does anybody remember the epic Robaire Smith and Todd Wade offseason....both players who were rated top 10 FAs by ESPN that year.

Yeah, that's what happens when you overpay during a weak FA class.

I'm not overly disappointed by this. I've been holding my breath, fearing the contract $$ I would see. I think we can do as well or better in the draft, especially if Earl Thomas is there when we pick. I understand the whole arguement about need a good veteran and all, but you just have to ask "at what price?" FA CB's , especially decent ones, tend to be amost as highly overpaid as RDE's.

Repped.
Wouldn't it be funny if it came out that the Texans deal was for money, yet Bodden elected to stay in New England, anyway? Wouldn't be the first time.

Not all athletes take more money......... Trevor Ariza anyone??

Umm.....who of importance is left? You do realize that this is arguably the weakest FA class in the last decade don't you. My god, broke ass shell of himself Dunta Robinson is now the 2nd highest paid corner in the league, but let's all run around and cry like school girls because our team isn't handing out blockbuster contract to sub par talent. :rolleyes:

Well, there was Thomas Jones, who will sign with Detroit

Agent tried to hold it off and not burn bridges with the Texan front office. He knows that he used them and is trying to make it seem like they were actually in play. He knows that he might have other clients in the future that have to deal with the Texans.

Well, there was Thomas Jones, who will sign with Detroit

So Houston is scared from signing a older RB....especially one who ran behind the best offensive line in the league. Can you really blame them? That has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CHEAP, they're just scared as **** to make that same mistake again.

SO, we have to draft a DB in the first or second this year, so what?? WE NEED TO!

Leigh Bodden was not a lock down #1 CB (PERIOD!!!). (And neither was Dunta Robinson BTW.... Remember how Kenny Britt abused him on MNF...?)

Why spend HUGE money on Leigh Bodden for gawd's sakes???

You guys need to check back in with reality... I say "bravo!" to "Smithiack."

Texans 2010 #1 Off-season priority = sign D. Ryans to a long term contract.

So Houston is scared from signing a older RB....especially one who ran behind the best offensive line in the league. Can you really blame them? That has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CHEAP, they're just scared as **** to make that same mistake again.

If you are scared to make a bold move in any profession, then you don't belong there

If you are scared to make a bold move in any profession, then you don't belong there

Well, making bold moves isn't always a good thing...take a look at the moves the Raiders have made over the years as an example :brickwall:.

Would it have been nice if the Texans got Bodden? Yes. But (IMO) he isn't worth overpaying for.

LOL, signing Liegh Bodden is not a "Bold move". At the dollers it would take to get him to sign here it's called a "desperate move".

Honestly I barely even knew who the hell Leigh Bodden was until this offseason and I bet you didn't know that much about him either (I certainly didn't notice him when we played NE this year and the Pats secondary was god awful this past season), but now he's the second best FA corner on the market during a year where the guy we let go (yes, the guy that WE decided to let walk) was the #1 corner on the market.....and was able to become the 2nd highest paid corner in the league. Sorry, but I'll pass. At the right price I'll gladly take the guy, but at the price he's likely asking....I'll pass.

Well, making bold moves isn't always a good thing...take a look at the moves the Raiders have made over the years as an example :brickwall:.

Would it have been nice if the Texans got Bodden? Yes. But (IMO) he isn't worth overpaying for.

Booooo to you!! Y'all snookered us into taking P-Burnt. :D

Standing PAT in an uncapped year isnt good either

Well, whatever. Did it ever occur to any of yall that Smithack saw something in Bodden they didn't like, or had misgivings about?

Maybe they didn't want him after all. We accuse those guys of not knowing what they are doing, but one thing is for damn sure, they know a hell of a lot more about the situation than we do.

In any case, damn. Now we got another need to draft high on and there ain't enough high picks to fill all the damn holes. Again.

So, 9-7 again any one? LOL

Dan Snyder would love to say hello also......but even that moron signed players with more talent than Bodden and it still didn't work out.

Houston's #1 priority needs to be signing their own young talent...not overpaying during a weak FA market. If DeMeco and Owen were available right now, but of those players would be ranked above Dunta AND Bodden...that's how weak this class is.

Really....is that why just about every team (and especially the top teams in the league) have done just that? Standing pat.

Spending money for sub par talent will kill you every time :rolleyes: you don't just spend money for the sake of spending freaking money. What the hell is that going to accomplish? I hate to tell you this but Houston and Mr. McNair have already BEEN there and DONE that....all that FA class got them was the worst record in the league.

The FA talent pool is mediocre at best. Why spend money, just to spend money? Just because it's an uncapped year? That would be fiscally irresponsible.

The Houston Texans organization is a business. They know what their operating budget is, do any of us??

I have faith in our young cb's. They looked good last year and now they have a years experience. They'll show up hungry, especially if there's a starting job open.

Really....is that why just about every team (and especially the top teams in the league) have done just that? Standing pat.

Spending money for sub par talent will kill you every time :rolleyes: you don't just spend money for the sake of spending freaking money. What the hell is that going to accomplish?

More than sitting on their asses thinking they will make the playoffs

Spending money for sub par talent will kill you every time :rolleyes: you don't just spend money for the sake of spending freaking money. What the hell is that going to accomplish? I hate to tell you this but Houston and Mr. McNair have already BEEN there and DONE that....all that FA class got them was the worst record in the league.

I think some people think that an uncapped yea, means that we have blank checks.

This to me is good news. We didn't spend an unnecessary amount of money on a slightly above average CB. Decisions like this are how an organization keeps players like Demeco.

John McClain has got to be ecstatic at this news that Bodden isn't coming here just so he wasn't overall proven wrong. What a douche

I love it when he talks about his movie career whenever he's on 610 radio. I heard they are already remaking the movie "Precious", except with a few cultural changes to the characters. McClain is supposedly in the running to be cast as the main character, the one that was originally portrayed by that obese african american girl.

Actually, It did not come down to money at all. Bodden just realized he would have to face Manning twice a year and that was just too much!

This to me is good news. We didn't spend an unnecessary amount of money on a slightly above average CB. Decisions like this are how an organization keeps players like Demeco.

but but but, McNair is a cheap ass.....let's trade him for Snyder and all success that guy has had during free agency.

Actually, It did not come down to money at all. Bodden just realized he would have to face Manning twice a year and that was just too much!

Why do you think Dunta was seen kissing the ground at Hartsfield Airport??

Who gives a flying bleep about Leigh Bodden. Andre Johnson gargles Leigh Boddens as a pregame snack.

But he's the 2nd best corner during this FA period....that's just as good as calling Joey Harrington the 2nd best QB in the 2002 draft. Bob needs to spend a huge grip of money just for sake of spending a huge grip of money. If Bob wasn't such a "cheap ass" he would've pulled this off...I mean that worked oh so well back in 2004. Damn him, I'm going to scream and pull my hair out like a little girl now. The guy should've opened up his wallet, who cares if Bodden is a high caliber player of not. Who cares if signing him would mean losing a player like DeMeco or Owen (both players who would be top of this FA class), Bob needed to open up his wallet just to keep me from acting like a school girl. That cheap ass bastard!

I may be cynical, but there is still some doubt in my mind as to if we see the Texans separating from their money for necessary player expenditures.

John McClain has got to be ecstatic at this news that Bodden isn't coming here just so he wasn't overall proven wrong.
Actually it doesn't prove he was right. He said the Texans had no interest in signing Bodden. Whether he signed with us or not, it seemed pretty clear with did have interest.

I've gained a lot of respect for how McNair and Smith do business, especially after the way they handled Dunta.
I do to. McNair, Kubiak and Smith. As a fan, I REALLY wanted to sign Bodden to fill the hole and open up the draft. But I completely respect their decision not to overpay him (if thats true) and to continue building the team they way they have. Some don't like it but I do. I'll concede it's taking longer than I would want but I really like what they're doing with this team.

John McClain has got to be ecstatic at this news that Bodden isn't coming here just so he wasn't overall proven wrong. What a douche

I love it when he talks about his movie career whenever he's on 610 radio. I heard they are already remaking the movie "Precious", except with a few cultural changes to the characters. McClain is supposedly in the running to be cast as the main character, the one that was originally portrayed by that obese african american girl.

:clap:

Now that this has all been a bunch of fuss and twittering over nothing, let's take this thread behind a virtual shed and put a virtual bullet in its brain.

Back