Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Leigh Bodden to visit Houston-Re-Signs with Pats for 28.5 million /5 years 10 guar.

Eh. This sucks, and I was looking forward to having him here, but, I'm not ready to leap from the top of the Chase tower.

Yeah, he probably used us. Ok. We need to move on.

What's frustrating is that this is going to give more ammunition to the "We should have kept Dunta and now we're going down in flames!!!!!!" crowd, mainly McClain and the morons on 610.

I just do not understand why people think this team rises and falls on Dunta Robinson.

Yawn. It's over. Let's move on and figure out ways to beat the living **** out of New England next time Bodden faces us.

But he's the 2nd best corner during this FA period....that's just as good as calling Joey Harrington the 2nd best QB in the 2002 draft. Bob needs to spend a huge grip of money just for sake of spending a huge grip of money. If Bob wasn't such a "cheap ass" he would've pulled this off...I mean that worked oh so well back in 2004. Damn him, I'm going to scream and pull my hair out like a little girl now. The guy should've opened up his wallet, who cares if Bodden is a high caliber player of not. Who cares if signing him would mean losing a player like DeMeco or Owen (both players who would be top of this FA class), Bob needed to open up his wallet just to keep me from acting like a school girl. That cheap ass bastard!

The point being... it's beyond my control. The only way for me to get McNair to hear me is by giving up my seats. I'm not going to do that. I love football and the Houston Texans are my team. Call me a glutton for punishment or McNair's personal ATM machine if you want. Leigh Bodden is not a Houston Texan. I'm disappointed but life's chock full of disappointments. I dispose of disappointments rather quickly. Now who we bringing in next is all I care about...

Eh. This sucks, and I was looking forward to having him here, but, I'm not ready to leap from the top of the Chase tower.

Yeah, he probably used us. Ok. We need to move on.

What's frustrating is that this is going to give more ammunition to the "We should have kept Dunta and now we're going down in flames!!!!!!" crowd, mainly McClain and the morons on 610.

I just do not understand why people think this team rises and falls on Dunta Robinson.

Yawn. It's over. Let's move on and figure out ways to beat the living **** out of New England next time Bodden faces us.

Which makes me glad they don't run the Texans. Paying Dunta like he's one of the top 5 Corners in the NFL is insane.

So Houston is scared from signing a older RB....especially one who ran behind the best offensive line in the league. Can you really blame them? That has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CHEAP, they're just scared as **** to make that same mistake again.

If they do sign someone like that we'll hear nothing except how stupid the Texans FO is for signing an aging RB again. If they don't sign someone like him we'll hear how cheap they are and all they want to do is make money and not improve.

This team has been improving and I think they still will. They have one of the best draft records over the past 4 years and with a deep draft this year it might be good to focus on getting the best talent in the draft instead of trying to plug holes with guys that will cost more money than they are worth. The teams that consistently win are those that get players on their first contracts not their second or their last ones. The only top notch FA from another team the Pats have signed was Adalius Thomas. How's that worked out for them?

I get as frustrated as anyone when the team loses games they should win, but they aren't being cheap because they are signing weak players to big contracts. Uncapped year or not that is how you create a team with issues.

Well, whatever. Did it ever occur to any of yall that Smithack saw something in Bodden they didn't like, or had misgivings about?

Maybe they didn't want him after all. We accuse those guys of not knowing what they are doing, but one thing is for damn sure, they know a hell of a lot more about the situation than we do.

In any case, damn. Now we got another need to draft high on and there ain't enough high picks to fill all the damn holes. Again.

So, 9-7 again any one? LOL

Everyone has holes. CB and RB are the only ones on the Texans that should be addressed in the first couple of rounds. Interior linemen on both sides can be found in the middle rounds.

The point being... it's beyond my control. The only way for me to get McNair to hear me is by giving up my seats. I'm not going to do that. I love football and the Houston Texans are my team. Call me a glutton for punishment or McNair's personal ATM machine if you want. Leigh Bodden is not a Houston Texan. I'm disappointed but life's chock full of disappointments. I dispose of disappointments rather quickly. Now who we bringing in next is all I care about...

Huh?

It was a longshot to sign Bodden, because like Kevin Walter, he wanted to stay with his current team. He used free agency to set the market so that his old team would pay him more. Happens every day.

But sometimes you can cherry pick a player.

This is not the end of the world--sometimes the things that don't end up happening work out for the best. We don't know right now.

A Story

When I bought my first house, I had put a bid on another house but we didn't win the bid so we bid on the house we eventually got. We were disappointed when the first bid fell through.

Eventually, we sold our first house for a nice profit, but the house that we originally put a bid on ended up having catastrophic foundation problems and a lawsuit. So you just never know.

Huh?

It was a longshot to sign Bodden, because like Kevin Walter, he wanted to stay with his current team. He used free agency to set the market so that his old team would pay him more. Happens every day.

This is not the end of the world--sometimes the things that don't end up happening work out for the best. We don't know right now.

A Story

When I bought my first house, I had put a bid on another house but we didn't win the bid so we bid on the house we eventually got. We were disappointed when the first bid fell through.

Eventually, we sold our first house for a nice profit, but the house that we originally put a bid on ended up having catastrophic foundation problems and a lawsuit. So you just never know.

Just like Mick Jagger says , " You can't always get what you want . But if you try sometimes, well you might find you'll get what you need " .

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2010/03/kevin_walter_is_like_a_dryclea.html

While Leigh Bodden is off the market since he reportedly has agreed to re-sign with the Patriots, in his eyes, Bodden was definitely the second-best CB in free agency behind Dunta Robinson. He didn't, however, think D-Rob was head and shoulders ahead of Bodden based upon his film study and he didn't think Bodden was a lock to be a starter for the Texans if they had signed him.

What a jackass I am. Not only did I create an account, I'm such a dumbass, I never figured out how to post anything.... huge FAIL.

I was thinking the whole time that while a nice extra for Bodden, most players care only about the bottomline and my tweeting (I already have one for my students) was not going to matter at the end of the day. That said, I wasn't going to be a spoil sport and ruin the "fun" of those that did bother.

Huh?

A Story

Huh right back? I think you misunderstood the context of what I was trying to get at which is... I'm over it and still a huge Texans fan who isn't mad at McNair. I don't blame McNair or Bodden or Smith. It is how it rolled out. I believe we'll get ours someday. Definitely. It's why I buy tickets and Texans merchandise.

I was thinking the whole time that while a nice extra for Bodden, most players care only about the bottomline and my tweeting (I already have one for my students) was not going to matter at the end of the day. That said, I wasn't going to be a spoil sport and ruin the "fun" of those that did bother.

It's kind of fun to have the illusion that you matter. And sometimes you actually do, but you never know when that will be.

/zen
//:kitten:
///:spin:

It's kind of fun to have the illusion that you matter. And sometimes you actually do, but you never know when that will be.

/zen
//:kitten:
///:spin:

I had fun today for sure. Especially when our efforts were recognized.

I'm all twittered out though. I can't take the pressure. I know I don't need it now of all days!

What a jackass I am. Not only did I create an account, I'm such a dumbass, I never figured out how to post anything.... huge FAIL.

Go to twitter.com. Sign into your account. There will be a "What's happening?" box. Start typing into that box. Hit "update" when you're done finishing your message.

To talk to someone directly you have to put @ and then their name... example: "@LeighBodden hope you become a Texan" will be talking directly to Leigh Bodden.

If we lose another free agent because you can't get this down I will be extremely upset. :bat:

Go to twitter.com. Sign into your account. There will be a "What's happening?" box. Start typing into that box. Hit "update" when you're done finishing your message.

To talk to someone directly you have to put @ and then their name... example: "@LeighBodden hope you become a Texan" will be talking directly to Leigh Bodden.

If we lose another free agent because you can't get this down I will be extremely upset. :bat:

I went through all of that and FAILed. TC tried to walk me through it. Again FAIL. Which is probably a good thing because my posts towards Bodden wouldn't be good...

Fixin to sign off so I can get back to gamin;....

AtariConsole-ESQ-CouchPotatoFB.jpg

I went through all of that and FAILed. TC tried to walk me through it. Again FAIL. Which is probably a good thing because my posts towards Bodden wouldn't be good...

Fixin to sign off so I can get back to gamin;....

AtariConsole-ESQ-CouchPotatoFB.jpg

I'd give you rep but,i can't.atari ftw!

Well, if Bodden in some future interview says he was one tweet short of signing with the Texans, there's a posse coming for you with a rope.

Since that's pretty unlikely to happen, I'll just consider this the loss of my tweeting virginity (I feel cheap and dirty), and be ready to tweet sweet nothings to the next guy who's sure to put us over the hump - I'm sure he's just around that corner we've turned 8 or 10 times.

I think I get what I want here either way. I'm one that's not crazy about him signing here unless it's for a very good deal and he ends up being better than his pay.

If he's using the Texans to get more money from the Pats then I'm perfectly okay with that. If he's holding up the ship to try and squeeze a few more bucks out of Bob then I'm okay with that too.

I keep getting this feeling about how the Texans are approaching deals. They really wanted Antonio Smith. And they made it clear to him. They offered him a fair but not blockbuster deal and he took it. A year later he's campaigning to get Dockett not to re-sign and come to Houston.

I think the Texans are brutally honest in these deals.
Kubiak:
You never know what a guy's looking for or what's important to them, so you just kind of put your best foot forward, but the most important thing is you put your honest foot forward and you tell them the truth. Because if you get them on your team, you want them here for the right reasons because they know how it's going to be and what's expected of them.

With a guy like Bodden I can see them being very upfront with him about what they think is his value and how much they are willing to offer. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like they are offering a heart felt pitch of "you can get more money somewhere else maybe but our deal is more than fair and you're buying into something special". Take it or leave it, we'd love to have you.

I expect it was similar with Kevins Walter as well.

I want to weigh in on this.

1. We were all pretty much "thrilled" to think that we had a great chance at landing a decent cornerback.

2. Someone here had a great idea, and a lot of us bought into the idea.

3. Even Bodden himself was a little shocked at the number of people who took the time to encourage him to sign with Houston.

4. It even made fans of other teams (in Boston and Pittsburgh) get into the act, to try and stop the bleeding.

5. And....it fell through and we didn't get the guy.

6. Which brings us to this. Some are handling it well, and some are (a) trashing out Bodden, (b) trashing out McNair, and (c) taking jabs at those who went along with the idea that wasn't a total success.

Which also brings me to this:

So Leigh Bodden, and I will bet that the national sports media saw what was going on, too, see Texans fans pouring out their Twittering guts today. Except at the end of the day, when we didn't get our man, Bodden and others can come here and see how we REALLY feel.

In short: Houston is either a truly down-to-earth, "Howdy!" type of place where we mean what we say. Or, we are fake. That tag of being fake-nice has been thrown around for awhile (about how Texas people are nice unless you tell them that their crap stinks).

I will choose to say that it was fun to join in, and to think that I might be able to join with others in recruiting a guy to our team. Not because it made me feel powerful. But because it made me feel that I went a step beyond "just being a guy who watches football," and instead I became an active participant in maybe a little bit of the life of an NFL player.

When else can I say that I got to say something to an NFL player and I know he probably glanced it, literally within minutes of me saying it? If I sent him a letter, does it ever really get to him? But if I send him an instant message, and he ends up deciding to sign here because of the huge show of support from other fans like me? That would be neat. To think that us regular Joe Fans out here had the chance to make an NFL player feel welcome and wanted on our team.

I had fun doing that today. Always wondered what Twitter was about. And Steph: You seriously are a leader in my book. You alone chose to ask people to act, and look how many tried to do it even at the risk of maybe not doing it right or not liking it very much. Leaders inspire others to do things they never thought they would do. You got chutzpah, lady.

I want to weigh in on this.

1. We were all pretty much "thrilled" to think that we had a great chance at landing a decent cornerback.

2. Someone here had a great idea, and a lot of us bought into the idea.

3. Even Bodden himself was a little shocked at the number of people who took the time to encourage him to sign with Houston.

4. It even made fans of other teams (in Boston and Pittsburgh) get into the act, to try and stop the bleeding.

5. And....it fell through and we didn't get the guy.

6. Which brings us to this. Some are handling it well, and some are (a) trashing out Bodden, (b) trashing out McNair, and (c) taking jabs at those who went along with the idea that wasn't a total success.

Which also brings me to this:

So Leigh Bodden, and I will bet that the national sports media saw what was going on, too, see Texans fans pouring out their Twittering guts today. Except at the end of the day, when we didn't get our man, Bodden and others can come here and see how we REALLY feel.

In short: Houston is either a truly down-to-earth, "Howdy!" type of place where we mean what we say. Or, we are fake. That tag of being fake-nice has been thrown around for awhile (about how Texas people are nice unless you tell them that their crap stinks).

I will choose to say that it was fun to join in, and to think that I might be able to join with others in recruiting a guy to our team. Not because it made me feel powerful. But because it made me feel that I went a step beyond "just being a guy who watches football," and instead I became an active participant in maybe a little bit of the life of an NFL player.

When else can I say that I got to say something to an NFL player and I know he probably glanced it, literally within minutes of me saying it? If I sent him a letter, does it ever really get to him? But if I send him an instant message, and he ends up deciding to sign here because of the huge show of support from other fans like me? That would be neat. To think that us regular Joe Fans out here had the chance to make an NFL player feel welcome and wanted on our team.

I had fun doing that today. Always wondered what Twitter was about. And Steph: You seriously are a leader in my book. You alone chose to ask people to act, and look how many tried to do it even at the risk of maybe not doing it right or not liking it very much. Leaders inspire others to do things they never thought they would do. You got chutzpah, lady.
I think this is a really important post and that all Houston fans would do well to take it to heart.

So is Leigh officially gone yet?

Not officially

Leigh Bodden's agent is telling everybody "Don't believe the type."

Bodden has not re-signed with the New England Patriots.

"Reports of Leigh Bodden re-signing with the Patriots are not true and premature at best," Bodden's agent, Alvin Keels, tweeted Monday night. "Leigh is still evaluating his options."

Well, fine.

But multiple outlets report Bodden and the Patriots have agreed in principle on a new contract that will keep him in Foxborough after an effective season as the club's right cornerback.

Bodden made like Ryan Clark, flirting with another team before returning home. Bodden visited the Houston Texans on Monday. Clark spent the day with the Miami Dolphins but re-signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/free-agency-2010

So when are we going to find out for certain? Last I heard was that his agent said it wasn't a done deal with the Pats yet. I hate being someone else's bargaining chip! Bunch of BS and now we pretty much have no choice but to go CB in the 1st. Hopefully they don't make a run on CBs before us.

I am not too worried, this draft is deep with with Cornerbacks and Safeties. We can get a starter in Round 2. Just look at Bob Sanders, we was a 2nd Rounder.

Back