Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Leigh Bodden to visit Houston-Re-Signs with Pats for 28.5 million /5 years 10 guar.

My fience said the same thing. Works in Galleria area and was an hour late due to traffic.

yup and the cheaper/older the car, the faster they drive...and the less likelier they are to have insurance. and god forbid, if you get in an accident with an illegal alien. cops can't do anything and you are screwed.

not to de-rail this thread, some illegal aliens from Mexico were involved in a hit-and-run and were being chased by those that they tried to run from and during the chase they ran their car into my brother's house a few weeks ago. Smashed one of his walls in and basically the house has to be totally rebuilt. My brother just called the cops but I would have gone out with a Louisville Slugger and welcomed them properly into my home...and God forbid if they would have ran into one of my daughter's bedrooms. I would probably be typing this from Huntsville if that would have happened.

guess what? they didn't have insurance and couldn't speak a lick of english. they got arrested but they will be back, no doubt and not have to pay a dime to fix my bro's house. i told my brother to send all his receipts and all incurred costs to the Mexican consulate and make them pay it. If you can't follow the rules, stay out of our damn country, losers. speak english, damnit. this is the USA.

thread hijack over

Man, I work downtown and live three miles away. Normally, door-to-cubicle is 20 minutes, tops. Today it was 45 mintues.

My experience is that people don't drive too fast when it rains, but do the opposite: They panic, and make driving worse.

Getting in today was a freaking mess.

yeah, im sure downtown everyone is pretty cautious due to pedestrians and stuff.

on the freeways though, there is always some redneck in a truck that thinks he is racing the Daytona500. Then you get the vultures err wreckers creating even more traffic when there actually is an accident.

cmon Leigh Bodden. Join our horrible traffic and gloomy March weather. We need you :)

yup and the cheaper/older the car, the faster they drive...and the less likelier they are to have insurance. and god forbid, if you get in an accident with an illegal alien. cops can't do anything and you are screwed.

not to de-rail this thread, some illegal aliens from Mexico were involved in a hit-and-run and were being chased by those that they tried to run from and during the chase they ran their car into my brother's house a few weeks ago. Smashed one of his walls in and basically the house has to be totally rebuilt. My brother just called the cops but I would have gone out with a Louisville Slugger and welcomed them properly into my home...and God forbid if they would have ran into one of my daughter's bedrooms. I would probably be typing this from Huntsville if that would have happened.
guess what? they didn't have insurance and couldn't speak a lick of english. they got arrested but they will be back, no doubt and not have to pay a dime to fix my bro's house. i told my brother to send all his receipts and all incurred costs to the Mexican consulate and make them pay it. If you can't follow the rules, stay out of our damn country, losers. speak english, damnit. this is the USA.

thread hijack over

I had the same thing happen to me. Guy rear ended me and had no insurence, the cops chuckled and said you're screwed. Was a good day...Should be a serious offense. If I did that I would be in jail for a while.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/08/leigh-bodden-is-still-in-houston/

Leigh Bodden is still in Houston

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2010 11:54 AM ET

Plenty of you have asked for an update regarding free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.

So here it is.

There are no developments.

That is all.

Actually, there's more. We're told he's still in Houston and that there could be a development this afternoon.

Or there could be no developments.

That is all.

This time I mean it.

I think we're hammering this thing out. Sounds a little like a done deal. Hope so, would be a decent offseason start if we resign Walter, Pitts, and nab Bodden. Hope we can get Chester locked up.

I think we're hammering this thing out. Sounds a little like a done deal. Hope so, would be a decent offseason start if we resign Walter, Pitts, and nab Bodden. Hope we can get Chester locked up.

I can understand the team not wanting to guarantee Chester a ton money coming off an injury. Hopefully, they can hammer out a deal with him that is laden with incentives that are not hard to reach. i.e. start 8 games and get $2 mil. That kind of stuff. Man I missed him at left guard last year. I'm sure Schaub did too.

yeah, im sure downtown everyone is pretty cautious due to pedestrians and stuff.

on the freeways though, there is always some redneck in a truck that thinks he is racing the Daytona500. Then you get the vultures err wreckers creating even more traffic when there actually is an accident.

cmon Leigh Bodden. Join our horrible traffic and gloomy March weather. We need you :)

I think you have it backwards. Just because it's raining outside ,Doesn't mean you have to do 35 on the freeway . People act like it never rains in Houston .People that drive that slow on freeways are the reason it takes me 45 minutes to get to work ,When on a regular day it takes me 10 min .

I can understand the team not wanting to guarantee Chester a ton money coming off an injury. Hopefully, they can hammer out a deal with him that is laden with incentives that are not hard to reach. i.e. start 8 games and get $2 mil. That kind of stuff. Man I missed him at left guard last year. I'm sure Schaub did too.

I don't mean a long term on Pitts, just a one year deal. Just want him back.

I think you have it backwards. Just because it's raining outside , you hve to do 35 on the freeway . People act like it never rains in Houston people that drove that slow on freeways are the reason it takes me 45 minutes to get to work. When on a regular day it takes me 10 min .

my perception is that you have some people driving accordingly and then there is always some yayhoo in a big truck driving and weaving through traffic like he is AJ Foyt. This inevitably causes an accident and then were in gridlock.

i can't stand people that weave in and out of traffic thinking its going to save them time or make them not late for work. moron drivers. and i can't stand people texting or checking their smart phone and oblivious to the fact that driving can be deadly. bad drivers in this town and the crappier the car, the worse the driver.

Bodden tweeted that it was GYM TIME!!!!!! an hour ago, so he may be working out for them right now or maybe he's working out before he gets on a plane.

Hey look I'm John McClain.

I hope that if Bodden does sign with the Texans, that the Texans end up smarter than those that ranked him behind Dunta and smarter than defensive genius Belichick and Atlanta's respected defensive mind Mike Smith.

Bodden tweeted that it was GYM TIME!!!!!! an hour ago, so he may be working out for them right now or maybe he's working out before he gets on a plane.

If you were JM you would have wrote: "Texans not interested in any over-the-hill RB's like Leigh Bodden... not gonna happen."

Sounds like he recieved a contract and now he's ready to start working out so he can get ready to be our shut down CB.

When will we find out something?

I think you have it backwards. Just because it's raining outside ,Doesn't mean you have to do 35 on the freeway . People act like it never rains in Houston .People that drive that slow on freeways are the reason it takes me 45 minutes to get to work ,When on a regular day it takes me 10 min .

my perception is that you have some people driving accordingly and then there is always some yayhoo in a big truck driving and weaving through traffic like he is AJ Foyt. This inevitably causes an accident and then were in gridlock.

i can't stand people that weave in and out of traffic thinking its going to save them time or make them not late for work. moron drivers. and i can't stand people texting or checking their smart phone and oblivious to the fact that driving can be deadly. bad drivers in this town and the crappier the car, the worse the driver.

Both of y'all are right

The problem is overly aggressive/fast drivers AND also slow drivers. When these two type of drivers meet on the highway, bad things happen. I don't have a problem with someone driving 35 mph on the highway if that's how they want to drive in the rain or even on a sunny day. The problem is when they practically park their ass in the "passing lane" which causes overly aggressive drivers (and even normal drivers) to weave in and out of lanes trying to pass them. That's when accidents happen. People in this city need to learn the concept of a "passing/fast lane" and that if you want to drive like there's a school zone being enforced on I-45 then you need to move your ass over to the right. I've lived in alot of cities in this country.....Houston by far has to have the highest concentration of morons on the road.

Both of y'all are right

The problem is overly aggressive/fast drivers AND also slow drivers. When these two type of drivers meet on the highway, bad things happen. I don't have a problem with someone driving 35 mph on the highway if that's how they want to drive in the rain or even on a sunny day. The problem is when they practically park their ass in the "passing lane" which causes overly aggressive drivers (and even normal drivers) to weave in and out of lanes trying to pass them. That's when accidents happen. People in this city need to learn the concept of a "passing/fast lane" and that if you want to drive like there's a school zone being enforced on I-45 then you need to move your ass over to the right. I've lived in alot of cities in this country.....Houston by far has to have the highest concentration of morons on the road.

Never lived in LA?

Sounds like he recieved a contract and now he's ready to start working out so he can get ready to be our shut down CB.

When will we find out something?

I hope thats the case! Maybe part of the agreement Kubiak said, "well you see, our owner is cheap and is paying for this dinner. This meal has to be included in your contract which will reduce your guaranteed portion AND you must work out for us starting Monday. You're welcome to eat in the players' cafeteria after your work out but we'll have to further reduce your gtd. amount by about $8 to recoup the cost. I hope you understand and welcome to Houston, hope you enjoyed Golden Corral last night."

Personally I would like to see us sign Bodden. It will be expensive, but nowhere near as expensive as signing Dunta. Then we need to open up the bank account and sign O.J. Atogwe (FS, Rams). He was a RFA, but they gave him a pretty weak tender. If we can offer him a contract that they don't match then we can get him without giving up picks.

That means we can avoid taking a CB or FS in the 1st (although I do love Kyle Wilson and Earl Thomas) and then we can draft Ryan Mathews (RB, Fresno State) in the 1st and Mike Johnson (G, Alabama) in the 2nd.

This is exactly what I would do, but hey I'm not the GM.
Atogwe stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8480

I hope thats the case! Maybe part of the agreement Kubiak said, "well you see, our owner is cheap and is paying for this dinner. This meal has to be included in your contract which will reduce your guaranteed portion AND you must work out for us starting Monday. You're welcome to eat in the players' cafeteria after your work out but we'll have to further reduce your gtd. amount by about $8 to recoup the cost. I hope you understand and welcome to Houston, hope you enjoyed Golden Corral last night."

Yea welcom to houston and enjoy our nice clean beaches!

I wonder if we have to pay players more for living in a less appealing city?

If we do get him I hope its a good deal and not like the Dunta falcons deal.

You guys should try the driving conditions up here in Canada. Blizzards are much worse then rain. Last blizzard it took me two hours to get to school when normally it is a 20 minute drive. Its not a problem right now though, with 2 weeks of sun all the snow has melted.

Oh ya, sign Bodden please!

You guys should try the driving conditions up here in Canada. Blizzards are much worse then rain. Last blizzard it took me two hours to get to school when normally it is a 20 minute drive. Its not a problem right now though, with 2 weeks of sun all the snow has melted.

Oh ya, sign Bodden please!

I was stationed up in northern Michigan....diriving in the snow sucks, but even they handled it better than what Houstonians handle rain and had a much higher driving IQ than alot of idiots on the roads down here.

I guess up north you have to learn how to drive responsibly or you'll end up in a 10 foot snow bank off the side of the road.

I was stationed up in northern Michigan....diriving in the snow sucks, but even they handled it better than what Houstonians handle rain and had a much higher driving IQ than alot of idiots on the roads down here.

I guess up north you have to learn how to drive responsibly or you'll end up in a 10 foot snow bank off the side of the road.

Good point, its Natural Selection.

Leigh Bodden was undrafted out of Duquesne. He is a big physical cornerback who brings 8 years experience with him. played only 14 games but still had 55 tackles & 5 int's. picked up on the cheap from Detroit by Belichick when they cleaned house, was due a big signing bonus over 8 million. Don't see how he is much cheaper than Dunta would have been but I can see why they like his upside & I trust David Gibbs alot in the decision process. Plus allows Texans to address another position early in the draft.

Just got on the MB and not sure if posted elsewhere but Pitts was on ND Kalu's show Sunday & said he thought negotiations were "positive" but did say he needed 2-3 months to heal.

thread hijack over

Its bad what happened to your brothers house. However he does still have the recourse of suing those involved. A hit and run is a felony if I remember correctly add to that reckless endangerment and possibility of DWI they will be locked up for a little bit. The process of deportation is not an immediate one and if your brother brings the civil suit they cannot be deported until the case is settled. They don't even start the deportation hearing until after all punishment assessed here is served.

Sending the costs of damage to any consulate is fruitless, just as any other country sending their costs to U.S. consulates there.

I'm sorry to inform you that speaking english is not required to be here legally. I understand where the misconception comes from, but it is still a misconception.

I don't want to derail the thread further so I'll leave the subject alone. Just wanted to let you know your bro still has options.

I agree - people here when it rains drive like people back home drive when it snows.

When I first moved here I complaied at work one day (mind you, refinery on the ship channel) - and everyone looked (like I was clubbing baby seals) horrified when I said I drive 50-65 on the highway when it rains.

Err, and I am for signing Bodden on the cheap. Cheap Bodden > $22 mil D-Rob.

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Houston by far has to have the highest concentration of morons on the road.

Traffic in San Francisco comes to a stop to watch someone change a tire. The little comment balloon over their heads says "hey those things come off?"

Now I don't know WTF it is with Houston drivers and rain. Every time it happens it is like the first time they have seen it. They get distracted trying to sacrifice a chicken to make the bad jojo go away.

Now just imagine Houstonians in the snow. Yes I wanted to shoot myself as well.

The old saying is that everyone driving faster than me is a maniac and everyone driving slower than me is a moron that needs to get out of the way. :user:

We need to get back to Bodden!

McClain's probably in the janitor's closet with his Cook County hat instead of trying to get a scoop.

All is quiet on Bodden right now. Dunno what the heck is going on. Maybe his agent and our FO are trying to hammer out a deal while Bodden's hitting the gym? Or he's already back home hitting his gym? Who knows?

McClain's probably in the janitor's closet with his Cook County hat instead of trying to get a scoop.

All is quiet on Bodden right now. Dunno what the heck is going on. Maybe his agent and our FO are trying to hammer out a deal while Bodden's hitting the gym? Or he's already back home hitting his gym? Who knows?

No news, good news? /fingers crossed?

if Bodden leaves town without a deal, i vote to blame the 'One of Us. One of Us freakshow'

that was just brutal. i would be on the first plane outta town. :>

Its bad what happened to your brothers house. However he does still have the recourse of suing those involved. A hit and run is a felony if I remember correctly add to that reckless endangerment and possibility of DWI they will be locked up for a little bit. The process of deportation is not an immediate one and if your brother brings the civil suit they cannot be deported until the case is settled. They don't even start the deportation hearing until after all punishment assessed here is served.

Sending the costs of damage to any consulate is fruitless, just as any other country sending their costs to U.S. consulates there.

I'm sorry to inform you that speaking english is not required to be here legally. I understand where the misconception comes from, but it is still a misconception.

I don't want to derail the thread further so I'll leave the subject alone. Just wanted to let you know your bro still has options.

if a guy can't afford insurance, runs from a hit and run only to run into a house during the chase, just wrecked his car, and he can't speak English....its pretty safe to assume he doesn't have any money and probably has no business living in our country due to his being irresponsible, inconsiderate, disrespectful, and in general a liability to our nation's populace.

fwiw - i was only joking about sending the bill to the Mexican consulate.

Has anyone mentioned to Leigh that he can have the recently vacated #23 jersey? Both him and Dunta wore it last year.

While we're all waiting, here is what Albert R. Breer, Boston Globe national football writer said this morning:

Is the Bodden's fate out of Pats' hands?

The feeling all along has been that the Patriots will have their shot at retaining cornerback Leigh Bodden when the rubber hits the road and decision time arrives.

But seeing some of the comments Bodden made at Hobby Airport in Houston last night is enough to make you think that the cornerback won't be playing favorites with anyone.

So if the guys there on the left -- Texans general manager Rick Smith and coach Gary Kubiak -- step up and give Bodden what he wants, will he just go?

Maybe he will.

"I had a good year [in New England], but it's all about who wants me," Bodden told FOX 26. "If they want me, they can get me. If Houston wants me, they can get me. I'm just here to see what these guys have to offer and just meet the coaches."

My interpretation: Whoever wants me more gets me. And usually "wants me more" boils down to dollar signs.

Either way, it appears Bodden wants a quick resolution, and not some drawn-out World Tour to find his new team or decide to stay with his old one: "It's part of the business. Hopefully I can get things done with the Texans and just move on."

Remember, the days of taking five and six visits are things of the past. When players make a visit, they usually know how serious a team is about them. And so when Bodden intimates that things could get done in Houston quickly, folks, he really means it.

Back