Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Leigh Bodden to visit Houston-Re-Signs with Pats for 28.5 million /5 years 10 guar.

Since I haven't seen SecondHoneymoon post in a while, I will take the liberty to post for him..

Bob McNair is so cheap we will never sign these guys and he probably only approved a dinner budget for Golden Corral. :cool:

:gun:

Golden Corral?! Mr. McNair would NEVER approve of that. He's too cheap. No, sir. Kubes is treating the boys to 1 item of their choice off the McDonald's Dollar menu!

Golden Corral?! Mr. McNair would NEVER approve of that. He's too cheap. No, sir. Kubes is treating the boys to 1 item of their choice off the McDonald's Dollar menu!

Screw them restaurants with their fancy menus and their fancy prices - we're eatin' steaks in tonight. Somebody go find Toro!

Sign these two and Pitts please. Then I'll say the Texans had a solid FA period IMO.

Yep. This would make me a VERY happy Texan.... they were my two favorites all along.

Then take either Ryan Matthews or Earl Thomas in the first round, and focus on the remaining DT, RB, or FS needs there after as they present themselves.

Yep. This would make me a VERY happy Texan.... they were my two favorites all along.

Then take either Ryan Matthews or Earl Thomas in the first round, and focus on the remaining DT, RB, or FS needs there after as they present themselves.
Don't foregett Caldwell knows how to play more than one spot on the line too.

Since I haven't seen SecondHoneymoon post in a while, I will take the liberty to post for him..

Bob McNair is so cheap we will never sign these guys and he probably only approved a dinner budget for Golden Corral. :cool:

There go your PSLs, sonny.
--------Bob McNair

Don't foregett Caldwell knows how to play more than one spot on the line too.

Absolutely. If he is the player they thought he was when drafting him.... he should take a big step in his second year as well. After losing Pitts, this and a signing like Wade would help take the heat off of a unit that had a pretty rough 2009.

Absolutely. If he is the player they thought he was when drafting him.... he should take a big step in his second year as well. After losing Pitts, this and a signing like Wade would help take the heat off of a unit that had a pretty rough 2009.
I just would like to see Chester stay and Myers used as depth.

Hopefully I'll come home from school tomorrow and read both of these guys are Texans or maybe I just won't go period. Sh, I don't feel well caugh caugh don't tell mom.

i posted just a few hours on go on this very thread, so post for me all you want

get this deal done. we need help at CB now that Dunta is gone, and there aren't that many CBs out there that could come in and start for us from Day One. I think Bodden could come in opposite Reeves and help offset the loss of Dunta. Hopefully the Patriots aren't just going to match whatever we offer but they have been locking up other players of theirs so maybe they spent their ammo.

Something tells me Kraft isn't going to penny pinch and let Bodden go. He will match our offer.

I hope I am wrong.

hopefully they can get this done because teams are coming at him from all angles

that doesnt bode well to get into a bidding war

like i said, its nice to have our 'hat in the ring' re: Bodden...

...who knows, we may even add a certain RB from TCU as well...we could at least offer him an opportunity to start and that seems to be what he is looking for...and some $$

nice to know you are thinking about me though, TB.

Well, maybe I'd like to join them at Hooters. Oh, wait that's not it. Damn.

One more year and you can join us at the men's club. First table dance's on me!

Or do you have to be 21? *looking to Texan_Bill for confirmation*

Hopefully I'll come home from school tomorrow and read both of these guys are Texans or maybe I just won't go period. Sh, I don't feel well caugh caugh don't tell mom.

Can you get your mom to write me a note too? I don't want to go to school tomorrow either!

Great news. Definitely open to playing here. Down to Houston and New England. Basically whoever offers him more money is where he will go.

Sure looks like he made us the first stop because he intends on getting a deal with the Texans (and therefore not make any of the other trips).

We're going to have to make him a pretty good offer in order for the Patriots to not counter it.

In fact, I think we're bidding against the Patriots. I don't think the other teams on his list are going to even get a chance to talk to him. If we're being Orlando Pace'd I am going to be a little pissed off.

Assuming this is on the up-and-up, though:

I like that he has been with two lesser-quality teams (Detroit and Cleveland) before playing with a really good team (Patriots). That's got to give him a great sense of what it takes to be a true playoff-contending team, and hopefully he can be a better mentor for our other DBs than Dunta was.

I've always liked Bodden from his cleveland days. He's a big physical guy with good ball skills also. He's always been undervalued in my book. If Robinson got 25m gtd, then he's probably looking at 17m or so even though atl overpaid a tad for robinson. They can just give him 10m this season and spread the other 7 out over the life of the deal which is cool for the most part. It can still avg to about 5m per.

What's hilarious is that about an hour before Berman interviewed Bodden at Hobby, McClain posted this on his Twitter account:

"Leigh bodden just landed at George bush. He's on his way to dinner with Kubiak"
http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL

Berman kicks ass.

I hate to take Walrus' side but, wasn't the issue that he missed his first flight to Houston? If so, it is possible that Walrus did not know that and the first flight did in fact fly into Bush whereas the second flight came into Hobby.

BTW, has Hobby been updated recently? The last time I was there was probably 10+ years ago and it looked very old and dated. I would hate to think that old, dated airport is the first image Bodden saw of Htown.

Any more news? This morning on sports radio 610, 790 or 1560 (forget which one as I often flip back and forth) they made it sound like Bodden was supposed to have flown in Friday and was already back in New England. This was contrary to what Berman has reported so I think they were confused.

They brought up a good point, that if the Texans really like him and want him (aka "their guy") then they will/can slightly "overpay" him. However, they may not be that desperate to do so and may try to give him a fair contract for both sides. Another thought is that they might end up just not being as overly impressed with him. I think one thing is for sure and that's if they're not overly excited about him, then they're not going to open up the pocketbook too far.

Re: awtysst - I fly out of Hobby quite freqently and they've done a really nice job of updating it. Really nice now and not like it was back in the day.

Any more news? This morning on sports radio 610, 790 or 1560 (forget which one as I often flip back and forth) they made it sound like Bodden was supposed to have flown in Friday and was already back in New England. This was contrary to what Berman has reported so I think they were confused.

They brought up a good point, that if the Texans really like him and want him (aka "their guy") then they will/can slightly "overpay" him. However, they may not be that desperate to do so and may try to give him a fair contract for both sides. Another thought is that they might end up just not being as overly impressed with him. I think one thing is for sure and that's if they're not overly excited about him, then they're not going to open up the pocketbook too far.

Re: awtysst - I fly out of Hobby quite freqently and they've done a really nice job of updating it. Really nice now and not like it was back in the day.
I also fly into and out of Hobby. They threw some paint on the walls but it's still a dog of an airport. I try to get my out of state family and friends to fly into Bush. Hobby kinda embarrases me considering the vast metropolis that is Houston.

I also fly into and out of Hobby. They threw some paint on the walls but it's still a dog of an airport. I try to get my out of state family and friends to fly into Bush. Hobby kinda embarrases me considering the vast metropolis that is Houston.

I hear you, I like Bush better. But the proximity of Hobby to my house and SW airfare being half that of continental is too much to overcome. :ant:

I really want to know where they went to Dinner. I really wish Bodden would be able to see the Rodeo and all that jazz while he's here plus get some great food. Then again I think the Jonas Brother were performing last night and I doubt Bodden is that big of a fan:)

I hear you, I like Bush better. But the proximity of Hobby to my house and SW airfare being half that of continental is too much to overcome. :ant:

I really want to know where they went to Dinner. I really wish Bodden would be able to see the Rodeo and all that jazz while he's here plus get some great food. Then again I think the Jonas Brother were performing last night and I doubt Bodden is that big of a fan:)

What? That there is crazy talk. The Jonas Brother transend all boundaries. You, sir, disappoint me.

I thought that this morning driving to work. It's been so nice for +/- 5 days and now this crummy weather! Can't be any worse than NE though.:evil:

traffic was brutal today. some people in this town have no idea how to drive in rain. they think rain means you are supposed to drive faster and ignore other drivers.

traffic was brutal today. some people in this town have no idea how to drive in rain. they think rain means you are supposed to drive faster and ignore other drivers.

Man, I work downtown and live three miles away. Normally, door-to-cubicle is 20 minutes, tops. Today it was 45 mintues.

My experience is that people don't drive too fast when it rains, but do the opposite: They panic, and make driving worse.

Getting in today was a freaking mess.

Back