Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Indianapolis Colts Pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. WAJ should have been the pick, and this season should have still been a rebuilding one. However, it was obvious that they were dead set on making a show of it this year, speeding up the clock to get butts in seats, cool the GM’s chair, they couldn’t sell a rebuilding year after completely failing the two years before to do it right, unfortunately receiving a dollar today to pay 1.25 tomorrow is only good in the short term. If the goal is to compete and win a championship there are no quick fixes when the cupboard is nearly empty, they’ve tried one and it sold very well to the fans and the enthusiasm is there. What people aren’t realize is that they have most likely sacrificed the chance at real future successes for the benefit of mere competitiveness this season. The trade up was already incredibly risky for this reason, the roster wasn’t good, the coaches are wet behind the ears, and only a few bad breaks could send them picking high again. Now instead of that being a windfall, a hedge against uncertainty, it’s will just be a reminder of incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimately comes down to how you feel about CJ Stroud.

I couldn’t disagree more about CJ being picked to put butts back in seats. The Texans were already back to being horrid last year and finished as the 6th most profitable franchise in the world. There was no pain/fear for ownership to say, hey we need it next year. That’s the actual facts.

There were several NFL Analyst comparing Stroud to the likes of Burrow before the “s2” test came out.

If the Texans were really sold on Caleb Williams or Drake Maye they would have just put Davis Mills as the starter and ran it back again.

The fans were always going to come back once the new QB and regime happened.

There's a difference in pointing out issues and whining about past decisions

Pointing out past failures isn't whining. Hopefully Hannah will look at past failures and learn from them. (Doubtful)

Ultimately comes down to how you feel about CJ Stroud.

I couldn’t disagree more about CJ being picked to put butts back in seats. The Texans were already back to being horrid last year and finished as the 6th most profitable franchise in the world. There was no pain/fear for ownership to say, hey we need it next year. That’s the actual facts.

There were several NFL Analyst comparing Stroud to the likes of Burrow before the “s2” test came out.

If the Texans were really sold on Caleb Williams or Drake Maye they would have just put Davis Mills as the starter and ran it back again.

The fans were always going to come back once the new QB and regime happened.
Your mind isn't going to be changed. Hannah is at the beginning stages of paying for her impatience.

No it wasn’t
It was, and you can live in denial if you wish. Besides what does it matter to you if Hannah picked Stroud? She picked your guy and all you want is to be entertained, so this really shouldn't be an issue for you.

The price to be paid for the decision to draft Stroud is only beginning to be paid.

Your mind isn't going to be changed. Hannah is at the beginning stages of paying for her impatience.

Nope not at all. Honestly not a big believer in these stories. There’s way more connected people out there that would have ran this rumor.The poster claiming this to be true may indeed be correct, but one thing I’ve learned in my life is that more often these “sources” are bullshit. People want clout attention etc to get a leg up, raise their value etc. It’s human nature.

Once Again, not saying it isn’t true.

But just where I stand on that.

Last edited:
It was, and you can live in denial if you wish. Besides what does it matter to you if Hannah picked Stroud? She picked your guy and all you want is to be entertained, so this really shouldn't be an issue for you.

The price to be paid for the decision to draft Stroud is only beginning to be paid.
Dude I follow them just like you and the rest of the folks on here. You don’t know who they know and you don’t know who I might know. But I will say Ryan’s isn’t a liar. I’m going to leave it at that.

Good day sir.

So many fans in here living in the past and in the most toxic manner just bashing the team from things that happened in the past. Mental health issues. Where did the Texans touch you?

Stroud was surrounded by a stable of future Pro Bowl WRs.

Stroud's OL, all will be playing in the NFL.

Stroud had 3 RBs with over 5.0 YPC and avg 190 yards per game.

Ryan Day coddled Stroud with quick outs or crosses across the middle.

It was a 1 read or check down for Stroud.

Knocks on Stroud is he panics under pressure and makes bad decisions.

Stroud scored an “18%” on the S2 cognition test, a cognitive test that focuses on processing and decision-making.

From my personal perspective, I've listened to hours of Stroud pressers and interviews, and he sounds like he is a bit IQ-challenged.

There is no doubt that Stroud is athletically gifted with excellent hand-eye coordination, but does he have the software to operate the machinery?
That didn't answer the question.

I wanted to know what you liked about the other QBs.

how’s that Stetson Bennett in the first round looking right now. Dude is off the roster for “personal reasons”.

he’s a less talented Manziel and if you were GM he’d be here embarrassing the city.
A couple of things here, I never had him as a first-round draft pick, that is your words, not mine and I did not draft him as part of my live draft. You really are capable of doing much better than this. FTR I was and I am still in the 2024 QB draft camp. My first-round draft picks were Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith. I did say Bennett could be better than Young and Stroud and true to form that put a bunch of the Kool Aid Brigade's panties in a wad. Maybe this is where you became confused.

It's possible he shares Manziel's affinity and priority for alcohol. I am assuming that is why Sean McVay has put him on the non-football injury list to give him a chance to get his priorities in order. He is on the list but not for his football skills and performance. I will let you know who my choice for the Texans QB will be when Arizona is on the clock with the Texans former first-round pick.

I'm strictly guessing here but I imagine that Bennet is in rehab.

Last edited:
An interesting debate about the trade up for WAJ in light of taking CJ Stroud at 2 as opposed to taking WAJ + another building block on this rebuilding season and setting yourself up for future success.
My 2p worth is to ask, if you get Trevor Lawrence’s rookie season, and subsequent development, do you want to waste that poor play on an already built roster?

So much BS spewed by the same people (really just a couple suspects). People who treat their theories as fact and have been proven wrong in the past but somehow still have so much confidence in their powers of guessing.

Question for you. I thought part of my rotator cuff problems were a result of me sleeping on my side. These thoughts gained more credence when I read that Atlanta Braves pitchers (Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz) had special pajamas and sheets made where they could button themselves in on their backs and keep them from moving to their sides during the night. Can sleeping on your side be detrimental to your rotator cuff?

I have had multiple surgeries in the double digits on my rotator cuff. Plagued me my whole life. What you are saying resonates with me. Sleep with pillows underneath -directly- your shoulder while supporting the arm. It’ll take some getting used to as you’ll miss sleeping on your side but that’s the way to go about waking up with as little as pain on a daily basis. Shoulder injuries suck. Especially when one doesn’t take care of them like I didn’t take care of mine.

Or you can give the team the support they deserve and earn. The last several years have been fraudulent as far as NFL franchises go.

They've really been a fraud since their inception.

When is the last time you thought these guys are the team to beat entering the playoffs?

Dude I follow them just like you and the rest of the folks on here. You don’t know who they know and you don’t know who I might know. But I will say Ryan’s isn’t a liar. I’m going to leave it at that.

Good day sir.

Like I said in the post you responded too.

Nope not at all. Honestly not a big believer in these stories. There’s way more connected people out there that would have ran this rumor.The poster claiming this to be true may indeed be correct, but one thing I’ve learned in my life is that more often these “sources” are bullshit. People want clout attention etc to get a leg up, raise their value etc. It’s human nature.

CnD isn't this guy.

I've heard this from 2 other people, one who isn't a MB member. I believe my friend/source who's a source that's independent from CnD. When you hear this from 3 different people that you trust then there's fire to that smoke.

What has Hannah done to prepare her for running an NFL franchise? What is Hannah's expertise in X and Os, and scouting players? Contract negotiations? Salary Cap Management?
Doesn't every young girl sign their name with XOXO at some point? Does that count for something?

That said, whether she has experience or not.... lets keep in mind who it is she would have taken over for IF she is truly in charge of everything.

So its not as if Cal or anyone else realistically to step into that role is any more qualified than she.

I just hope she learns from mistakes and is competitive and stubborn and is chasing a competitive, winning team and nothing less is acceptable.... but I have the lung capacity like my attention span.... I dont hold my breath for very long.

Doesn't every young girl sign their name with XOXO at some point? Does that count for something?

That said, whether she has experience or not.... lets keep in mind who it is she would have taken over for IF she is truly in charge of everything.

So its not as if Cal or anyone else realistically to step into that role is any more qualified than she.

I just hope she learns from mistakes and is competitive and stubborn and is chasing a competitive, winning team and nothing less is acceptable.... but I have the lung capacity like my attention span.... I dont hold my breath for very long.
So the next time I need some dental work I'll go see a housewife who is not a dentist.

Last edited:

You are new here, so you are not aware that CnD and Corrosion have access to inside information and when they share that information, they have not been wrong.

Stroud was surrounded by a stable of future Pro Bowl WRs.

Stroud's OL, all will be playing in the NFL.

Stroud had 3 RBs with over 5.0 YPC and avg 190 yards per game.

Ryan Day coddled Stroud with quick outs or crosses over the middle.

It was a 1 read or check down for Stroud.

Knocks on Stroud is he panics under pressure and makes bad decisions.

Stroud scored an “18%” on the S2 cognition test, a cognitive test that focuses on processing and decision-making.

From my personal perspective, I've listened to hours of Stroud pressers and interviews, and he sounds like he is a bit IQ-challenged.

There is no doubt that Stroud is athletically gifted with excellent hand-eye coordination, but does he have the software to operate the machinery?
Sounds like all them Alabama QBs that never amounted to anything in the NFL.

ans were always going to come back once the new QB and regime happened.
Unless the new very highly drafted QB is a bust which would mean the Mcnairs would meet a wall of apathy at the ticket sales counter.

Should I go to Joboo?
15842c06114482c9df14ec628adddc3c

Situation is dire & I know we need help. But it's early in the season & I can only go to him once a season.

So the next time I need some dental work I'll go see a housewife who is not a dentist.
I agree with your point, but my point is... where in the McNair family is the option for legendary status or even highly capable ownership control going to fall on?

If a qualified person is an option... you absolutely go with the qualified person instead of a housewife.

In this case the legitimate options are baby Huey that inherited the team and a housewife that is married to the man who inherited the team. Not exactly a long list of qualified people to step in and run the team IF Cal or Hannah want to be heavily involved in everything going on. IF they did bring someone in to run everything the best you are likely to get is a "yes man" so you are right back to square one

A housewife isnt ideal, but neither are the other options. The hope is that the housewife can learn and do what previous leadership/ownership has not.

Because the alternative is stick with whats always been.

Just because she's a houswife doesn't mean she's not qualified. The people posting on this board may as well be housewives, but they think they're qualified.
She very well may be.... but even if she isnt... Im not convinced baby Huey would do any better so Im not actually against her.

As for the people on this board being housewives.... thems some ugly wives....

Sure, it follows the advice of Jimmy Soul... but I think his key advice remained with "woman".:kitten:

You are new here, so you are not aware that CnD and Corrosion have access to inside information and when they share that information, they have not been wrong.

I’ve been around a long time actually. I just choose to pop my head in every now and then.

I’m aware of what’s said.

We now have 3 sources that Mrs. McNair and Janice said CJ/QB or busts.

and if that was actually TRUE, wouldn’t Nick who is a very smart guy leak that to the media to protect his ass?

Yet Schefty and Rappaport never got ahold of that, which would be a HUGE STORY.

Spoiler Santa Clause is real.

From what I heard it's a grade 1 rotator cuff injury.

Not a trauma injury but one caused by repetitive use. This could be a long term issue.
Well crap. Would that normally show up on the medical exam at the combine? He's awful young for a chronic injury to the shoulder like that.

I could believe the fan counsel said to draft a QB. That "makes sense" if the goal is to put butts in the seats. I can believe the Texans would want to put butts in the seats.

But Cj Stroud?? snooze fest. There ain't nothing about Cj Stroud to get excited about. I'm sorry if you're a fanboi... but it's the truth. Not an insult.

If it was about putting butts in the seats, they'd have drafted AR15. If it was about "fan counsel" they'd have drafted AR15.

So I can accept (I don't believe it, but I could accept) that the Hannah backed by the fan counsel convinced Ms Janice to persuade Caserio & Demeco to draft a QB. But it was Caserio & Demeco who decided Cj Stroud would be the QB they draft.

I don't want to side track this thread. But here are some comments in response to your post. Sleeping on one side has been a debatable factor in creating rotator cuff tendonitis rather than exacerbating an existing cuff injury. Many times, it is caused by inflammation of the shoulder bursa which overlies the rotator cuff structures. But sleeping the side of a cuff that is damaged can increase the pain and progress the damage. One thing that is just as bad a culprit is sleeping on the back which many try to do to avoid the side sleeping. Unless the head of the bed is elevated at the waist or the arm on that side is elevated off the bed, laying on your back will place significant stress on a rotator cuff. BTW, a trick I use with my patients postoperatively to avoid turning on their sides while asleep is to place pillows under each armpit/arm. This can be used for rotator cuff problems also.
When I had my right shoulder rebuilt, I couldn't lay down for over three months. I slept on the couch or recliner. I used pillows the same way.

I could believe the fan counsel said to draft a QB. That "makes sense" if the goal is to put butts in the seats. I can believe the Texans would want to put butts in the seats.

But Cj Stroud?? snooze fest. There ain't nothing about Cj Stroud to get excited about. I'm sorry if you're a fanboi... but it's the truth. Not an insult.

If it was about putting butts in the seats, they'd have drafted AR15. If it was about "fan counsel" they'd have drafted AR15.

So I can accept (I don't believe it, but I could accept) that the Hannah backed by the fan counsel convinced Ms Janice to persuade Caserio & Demeco to draft a QB. But it was Caserio & Demeco who decided Cj Stroud would be the QB they draft.

I mean that could be true sure. But that and forced is quite different than what is being posted.

AR is one of the worst 1st round QB prospects we have seen in quite a while. There were a lot of Florida fans who were quite happy when his times a Gator came to an end.

I’ve been around a long time actually. I just choose to pop my head in every now and then.

I’m aware of what’s said.

and if that was actually TRUE, wouldn’t Nick who is a very smart guy leak that to the media to protect his ass?

Yet Schefty and Rappaport never got ahold of that, which would be a HUGE STORY.

Spoiler Santa Clause is real.

Except the sources have been spot on in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back