Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Indianapolis Colts Pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it when you ask for information and someone gives you cold hard facts your reply is ALWAYS "OUTLIERS"????
We have already discussed on this board that being a SB winning QB in itself is an OUTLIER...so why do you keep throwing this out there like your opinion is fact and better than everyone elses????
SMFH....Marino never had a complete team around him....are freaking kidding me? high? drunk?? or as you like to try and proclaim CJ to be: just not smart????
And then you have the audacity to say HALL OF FAME PLAYERS werent the cream of the crop?!?!?!? HELLOOOOOOO?!?!?! McFly....is anyone in there???? There is reason they are HOF players and not everyone gets inducted.

And plenty of top QB's that never did. Marino, Fouts, Kelly, Rivers etc.

Of those 4, they played in 5 combined Superbowl's .... despite none of them winning and two of them never reaching that pinnacle, their teams usually had a shot which is more than you can say for a whole lot of other dudes.

I believe the Top 5 QBs in the 2024 draft (if all declare) will be better than Stroud.
What makes you say that? I haven't seen enough yet from most of them to even class them as 1st rounders at this point let alone above Stroud. A few are projecting that way (as possible first rounders), but still too little to say definitively yet.

Who are your top 5?

And what makes them better than Stroud?

From my view Stroud is about as clean as you can get from a college tape standpoint and only other worldly attributes like those from Caleb Williams put themselves ahead of Stroud. For example I wouldn't have Drake Maye over Stroud.

Last edited:
I’m calling it now!

Stroud will throw his first TD pass and Int of the season, ending the day with 250 passing yards. He will have a much better game than he did on Week 1.

Richardson will end the game with 50 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, along with 1 TD pass. 180 passing yards.

Why is it when you ask for information and someone gives you cold hard facts your reply is ALWAYS "OUTLIERS"????
We have already discussed on this board that being a SB winning QB in itself is an OUTLIER...so why do you keep throwing this out there like your opinion is fact and better than everyone elses????
SMFH....Marino never had a complete team around him....are freaking kidding me? high? drunk?? or as you like to try and proclaim CJ to be: just not smart????
And then you have the audacity to say HALL OF FAME PLAYERS werent the cream of the crop?!?!?!? HELLOOOOOOO?!?!?! McFly....is anyone in there???? There is reason they are HOF players and not everyone gets inducted.
You've gotta quit letting him yank your chain. SBT is the replacement chain yanker for Infantrycak.

A little misleading since Kelly played in 4 straight
Or a lot misleading! Kelly with 4 out of 5. That's 80%. Fouts and Marino were great QBs, playing at a time when there dominant TEAMS in the league. The Steelers, Cowboys, Niner's, Giants.
Marino and Fouts had everything put on them to win. Hell, Elway lost 3 SBs before winning 2, when he actually had a running game and defense to help him.

All this talk of chain yankin...

I think if its mentioned again a certain someone will appear looking for a massage holding an NDA.

Better off shutting off the lights and saying "Bloody Mary".

2023 is the year of the college QB.
I think with the Covid year it looks like it's going to be deep at every position.

QB does look deep though, there's a lot of guys I like and hope to see how they're coming along.

Who was your top 5 again?

The draft is super deep at QB but if we look at it objectively if Stroud was available in 2024 he'd be QB #2
Objectively this would be incorrect.

Williams and Maye are rated higher.

I've also got McCarthy and Sanders rated higher myself.

Objectively this would be incorrect.

Williams and Maye are rated higher.

I've also got McCarthy and Sanders rated higher myself.
Williams yes, easily yes. Maye no, but it's close I could hear an argument either way but I value accuracy and anticipation highly personally which is Stroud's calling card.

Having guys higher is fine but it's not objectively correct or incorrect, not unless you don't know what that word means.

In fact I'd argue that due to you thinking Stroud is Hannah's pick and Stroud not keeping company you like I'd argue you lack the ability to be objective about his college ability and where scouts have had and would have him ranked.

Williams yes, easily yes. Maye no, but it's close I could hear an argument either way but I value accuracy and anticipation highly personally which is Stroud's calling card.

Having guys higher is fine but it's not objectively correct or incorrect, not unless you don't know what that word means.

In fact I'd argue that due to you thinking Stroud is Hannah's pick and Stroud not keeping company you like I'd argue you lack the ability to be objective about his college ability and where scouts have had and would have him ranked.
Maye is more athletic and has a better arm

Overall, guys like Bryan Broaddus a former NFL scout for the Packers has said he believes Maye is on par with Williams as a prospect. I've got Williams rated slightly above Maye. But if Maye is close to Williams (Which I agree with) then Maye is a better prospect than Stroud. IMHO

The guys to look out for are McCarthy and Sanders, watch them play this yr and tell me what you think. They've both been awesome this yr.

Overall, guys like Bryan Broaddus a former NFL scout for the Packers has said he believes Maye is on par with Williams as a prospect. I've got Williams rated slightly above Maye. But if Maye is close to Williams (Which I agree with) then Maye is a better prospect than Stroud. IMHO

The guys to look out for are McCarthy and Sanders, watch them play this yr and tell me what you think. They've both been awesome this yr.
Well we're going to need Maye to start picking it up because after two games he's already dropping down some scout boards.

I like McCarthy and Sanders as well. Also like Penix, just like his game plus I like when QBs marinate in college for a bit.

I'm also intrigued to see if Nix can keep it up in Oregon.

Then there's the Duke kid who some are high on.

Overall though as things stand at this very moment if the draft were happening right this second I would take Williams 1 and Stroud 2. I can hear the arguments for Maye's athleticism but I'm a sucker for excellent throwers.

Well we're going to need Maye to start picking it up because after two games he's already dropping down some scout boards.

I like McCarthy and Sanders as well. Also like Penix, just like his game plus I like when QBs marinate in college for a bit.

I'm also intrigued to see if Nix can keep it up in Oregon.

Then there's the Duke kid who some are high on.

Overall though as things stand at this very moment if the draft were happening right this second I would take Williams 1 and Stroud 2. I can hear the arguments for Maye's athleticism but I'm a sucker for excellent throwers.
Penix is a top notch QB, but I wouldn't draft him due to past injury issues.

Are any of these people playing in the game this Sunday? Let's stay on topic.

I was just answering a question

Carry on.

However if you want me to start doing this every time a poster goes off topic I will be more than happy to help you with this cause.

Brilliant deduction.

R.1e4f1f3cc0a7495241635dd860af0bb6

Question asked and answered.

BTW, asking for DocBat, is gambling staying on topic?
Yes. We're not picking the games, just reporting the general consensus. And picking the game would be fine, also. Waiting until some of the injury questions are flushed out before making my selection.

It was Colts -1.5 on Tuesday. Texans were -1.5 when betting opened. A lot of uncertainty surrounding this game.
I don't gamble, so I don't follow the betting lines since they exist just to get money moving. You are correct about the uncertainty. Game 2 and the Texans are decimated by injuries. Hopefully the early bye week will help in that regard.

I don't gamble, so I don't follow the betting lines since they exist just to get money moving. You are correct about the uncertainty. Game 2 and the Texans are decimated by injuries. Hopefully the early bye week will help in that regard.
All that, plus new coaches, new schemes, new QBs...I should have expected the volatility.

Nothing we can do about it now we got Stroud, and as we have all seen anyone can turn into a bust.... so all we can do is see what happens.

Agreed. Richardson did a better job of keeping Indy in the game than Stroud did for us. I think it's too early to tell who's who yet, but Richardson does have the advantage of having a functional o-line. When we can field an decent o-line will be a better time to judge Stroud. Unless our defense goes Mad-max mode or something, I give Indy the advantage this Sunday. I really hate to see that, because I want DeMeco to win his home opener.
I was in Florida so I had to watch that game.

Anderson wasn't bad, but he really wasn't the guy that kept the Colts in the game.

Lawrence and the Jags were having the upper hand, even as the Colts defense didn't roll over.

A pass by Lawrence bounced off his receiver's hands for an INT
https://youtube.com/shorts/r9w_G55uxk4?si=K9UdEfv5aQJSeQcW

Then the Colts forced a sack fumble.
The Jags recovered the ball.
The ref didn't blow the play dead.
A Colts player nonchalantly took the ball and went in for a TD.
https://youtube.com/shorts/mlyMkv5Bk0I?si=9vFrh1OSPV_80W6S

Those were the things that kept the Colts in the game, until Richardson threw the Int.

How long has it been since any of these guys have won a SB? They're all retired except for Wilson/ Stafford and they will be retiring soon.

Goff and Jimmy G are the only guys still playing on your 2nd list. If you dont have a top 5 QB you're not winning a SB. Minus maybe Jimmy G. LOL
Brady was ranked 10th in one of the years he won the SB recently.

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-patrick-mahomes-leads-year-end-rankings-0ap3000001007337

Peyton definitely had a poor year when he won the last SB.

Out of the last ten years, 5 QBs that won the SBs were outside of the top 5.

Of the guys inside the top 5, the names were Brady and Mahomes.

If it turns out that Tunsil is out Sunday then it goes from a 50-50 to a likely Colts win. Not sure what this team needs to do to get healthy but it's gotta happen soon.
What is the point spread on your last sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back