Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Indianapolis Colts Pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could believe the fan counsel said to draft a QB. That "makes sense" if the goal is to put butts in the seats. I can believe the Texans would want to put butts in the seats.

But Cj Stroud?? snooze fest. There ain't nothing about Cj Stroud to get excited about. I'm sorry if you're a fanboi... but it's the truth. Not an insult.

If it was about putting butts in the seats, they'd have drafted AR15. If it was about "fan counsel" they'd have drafted AR15.

So I can accept (I don't believe it, but I could accept) that the Hannah backed by the fan counsel convinced Ms Janice to persuade Caserio & Demeco to draft a QB. But it was Caserio & Demeco who decided Cj Stroud would be the QB they draft.

I was in the camp that didn't want a QB drafted this year, or if they did, take a flyer on a lower round pick. Out of the so called "top 4", I wanted them to take AR if they just had to take a QB that high. Which I didn't want them to.

As if it matters now though. We're stuck with Stroud, and whoever's stupid idea it was to draft him whether it was Ryans and/or Caserio or from "above them" we're gonna have to live with it. I was getting to like what I was seeing from Stroud, and sure as hell hope he recovers. And I hope they don't try and play him tomorrow, which would be a really stupid idea. And since it's the Texans, that's probably what'll happen.

Ultimately comes down to how you feel about CJ Stroud.

I couldn’t disagree more about CJ being picked to put butts back in seats. The Texans were already back to being horrid last year and finished as the 6th most profitable franchise in the world. There was no pain/fear for ownership to say, hey we need it next year. That’s the actual facts.

There were several NFL Analyst comparing Stroud to the likes of Burrow before the “s2” test came out.

If the Texans were really sold on Caleb Williams or Drake Maye they would have just put Davis Mills as the starter and ran it back again.

The fans were always going to come back once the new QB and regime happened.

If Davis Mills was penciled in, there wouldnt have been the same excitement, however, If the butts in the seats doesn’t can be explained away, how about cooling Casserio’s seat?

The question of Stroud isn’t the right question, it’s why is the emphasis on BOTH guys THIS season? Pick one or the other and have the flexibility going forward and the insurance against a bad record. Now the team has created a dynamic that is too focused on this season and not the rebuild. We’ve already witnessed how the Green injury is handled. Are they gonna push Stroud too hard this season rather than playing it as safe as possible? [mention]CloakNNNdagger [/mention] has already laid out how this is a repetitive stress injury and rest might be the best course of action. Ask yourself can the front office, namely Casserio make a decision on Stroud’s health without the dagger of Arizona having their 1st round pick hanging above, obscuring their line of thinking? Self preservation reigns supreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
An interesting debate about the trade up for WAJ in light of taking CJ Stroud at 2 as opposed to taking WAJ + another building block on this rebuilding season and setting yourself up for future success.
My 2p worth is to ask, if you get Trevor Lawrence’s rookie season, and subsequent development, do you want to waste that poor play on an already built roster?

Yes, because if you wait you have more assets to use to build your team, and in turn a more complete roster in the end. Also it’s hard to say how bad Lawrence was in such a dysfunctional situation, furthermore even if your take the point of sacrificing one year in a window of probably five years on the rookie deal, there’s an argument that 4 years with a better core would put the team in a better position to compete for a title.

What's more fascinating to me is that they didn't elevate Deiter which seemed like a foregone conclusion.

I guess they think Kendrick Green is ready especially if they move Jones back to tackle.
Never mind. They added Deiter to the 53 and cut Derek (how are you still here) Rivers.

I’ve been around a long time actually. I just choose to pop my head in every now and then.

I’m aware of what’s said.

We now have 3 sources that Mrs. McNair and Janice said CJ/QB or busts.

and if that was actually TRUE, wouldn’t Nick who is a very smart guy leak that to the media to protect his ass?

Yet Schefty and Rappaport never got ahold of that, which would be a HUGE STORY.

Spoiler Santa Clause is real.
It would also make DeMeco a liar too because he said more than once that the Stroud pick was a collective decision between them all. Nick also said that as well. I posted the pressers. Both Cal and Hannah said they leave it to the football guess. I posted that presser and interview of them saying that. I also posted when they said “ there will be no more information being leaked out”. But typically those few still think their bbq sauce/ sources is golden.

I was in the camp that didn't want a QB drafted this year, or if they did, take a flyer on a lower round pick. Out of the so called "top 4", I wanted them to take AR if they just had to take a QB that high. Which I didn't want them to.

As if it matters now though. We're stuck with Stroud, and whoever's stupid idea it was to draft him whether it was Ryans and/or Caserio or from "above them" we're gonna have to live with it. I was getting to like what I was seeing from Stroud, and sure as hell hope he recovers. And I hope they don't try and play him tomorrow, which would be a really stupid idea. And since it's the Texans, that's probably what'll happen.
I didn't want a QB until I found out CJ's name.

Coleridge Bernard Stroud IV

Sounds like a Caddyshack character.

caddyshack-chevy-chase.gif

The o-line is clearly banged up, but the Colts were near the bottom of the league last week for applying pressure against the Jaguars and it's not like the Jags have some star studded o-line.

Well... IF the Texans manage to pull this one out imagine how deflated they will be.

So many injuries and still can't win.

With more and more injuries I no longer consider this a game we should win as I said before. Now its just a game I hope we win.

It would also make DeMeco a liar too because he said more than once that the Stroud pick was a collective decision between them all. Nick also said that as well. I posted the pressers. Both Cal and Hannah said they leave it to the football guess. I posted that presser and interview of them saying that. I also posted when they said “ there will be no more information being leaked out”. But typically those few still think their bbq sauce/ sources is golden.
Did the Texans not do their due diligence when it came to CJ Stroud? I mean, it was reported all over the internet that he separated his shoulder in the opening game of 2021. There were also reports about his rotator cuff issues. It makes absolute zero sense to further aggravate his rotator cuff by making him play.

These are exactly the things these guys would lie about. It's part of the job.

Rank the QB's for me.
When those guys mentioned before won a superbowl, none were even pro bowlers except Rodgers who made his 1st pro bowl in 09. Now we know how much the dynamic of the qb combined with salaries have changed. Mahomes and the more recent Brady are the only qbs in the last 10 years to win a superbowl and being a top 5 qb.

If Davis Mills was penciled in, there wouldnt have been the same excitement, however, If the butts in the seats doesn’t can be explained away, how about cooling Casserio’s seat?

The question of Stroud isn’t the right question, it’s why is the emphasis on BOTH guys THIS season? Pick one or the other and have the flexibility going forward and the insurance against a bad record. Now the team has created a dynamic that is too focused on this season and not the rebuild. We’ve already witnessed how the Green injury is handled. Are they gonna push Stroud too hard this season rather than playing it as safe as possible? [mention]CloakNNNdagger [/mention] has already laid out how this is a repetitive stress injury and rest might be the best course of action. Ask yourself can the front office, namely Casserio make a decision on Stroud’s health without the dagger of Arizona having their 1st round pick hanging above, obscuring their line of thinking? Self preservation reigns supreme.

Got a question, who is this years Will Anderson? If the team looked at next years defenders/edge rushers and determined Anderson would grade out higher than those players, why not get the highest graded player this year also?

Did the Texans not do their due diligence when it came to CJ Stroud? I mean, it was reported all over the internet that he separated his shoulder in the opening game of 2021. There were also reports about his rotator cuff issues. It makes absolute zero sense to further aggravate his rotator cuff by making him play.

His shoulder injuries were pretty well documented, the team knew.

They chose to downplay the concerns.

What about Rudolf? That red nose stuff seems a bit farfetched.

What news did they break?

Josh McCown would be the new Texans head coach.

We both made statements that he would be interviewed - he was twice, not that he would get the job.

They've moved on from Kafka .... if he lands a head coaching gig it'll be with the Bronco's.

Demeco ....

The date of the post Jan 29.

The date they announced his hiring Jan 31.

Last edited:
Da ****. Tune out all week and there's all this injury bullshit? Potentially no CJ, Tunsil and definitely no Pitre? Ugh.

Got a question, who is this years Will Anderson? If the team looked at next years defenders/edge rushers and determined Anderson would grade out higher than those players, why not get the highest graded player this year also?
Jared Verse and Dallas Turner.

I guess CJ’s status will be a game time decision? If he’s our future I’d sit him. Will be interesting to see how DM does if he doesn’t play..

Well... IF the Texans manage to pull this one out imagine how deflated they will be.

So many injuries and still can't win.

With more and more injuries I no longer consider this a game we should win as I said before. Now its just a game I hope we win.
I still think we can pull it off.

Tunsil out. CJ determination later this morning.

Wilddddddd.

With Tunsil out that should be the determination. Put Stroud in bubble wrap and protect him until he’s not playing with the 4th quarter preseason OL!

But Rapaport says he should play… and the Texans will probably have him drop back to pass 40+ times again…

With Tunsil out that should be the determination. Put Stroud in bubble wrap and protect him until he’s not playing with the 4th quarter preseason OL!

But Rapaport says he should play… and the Texans will probably have him drop back to pass 40+ times again…

Baptism by fire

Doesn’t surprise me that Stroud could be out with Tunsil out with an injury. Might be better for all involved that Tunsil and Stroud sit until GM5 while Mills endures the punishment behind a makeshift OL and no running game.

Doesn’t surprise me that Stroud could be out with Tunsil out with an injury. Might be better for all involved that Tunsil and Stroud sit until GM5 while Mills endures the punishment behind a makeshift OL and no running game.
So Stroud can learn how to play bad?

I'm pretty sure GMs don't make the decision on who plays and who doesn't, regarding injury. That would be the medical staff.
I doubt Caserio is giving any thought to the Cardinals having the Texans 1st round pick next season. That pick is gone and worrying about it is a waste of time that an NFL GM doesn't have to spare.
Regarding the why pick both guys, I liked the decision to draft both. WAJR is a generational talent and Stroud showed what he's capable of against Georgia.
Just saw a stupid move by the Texans. Stroud is expected to play and Tunsil is not. Just send Mills or Keenum out there behind a makeshift OL.

I completely agree. WAJ should have been the pick, and this season should have still been a rebuilding one. However, it was obvious that they were dead set on making a show of it this year, speeding up the clock to get butts in seats, cool the GM’s chair, they couldn’t sell a rebuilding year after completely failing the two years before to do it right, unfortunately receiving a dollar today to pay 1.25 tomorrow is only good in the short term. If the goal is to compete and win a championship there are no quick fixes when the cupboard is nearly empty, they’ve tried one and it sold very well to the fans and the enthusiasm is there. What people aren’t realize is that they have most likely sacrificed the chance at real future successes for the benefit of mere competitiveness this season. The trade up was already incredibly risky for this reason, the roster wasn’t good, the coaches are wet behind the ears, and only a few bad breaks could send them picking high again. Now instead of that being a windfall, a hedge against uncertainty, it’s will just be a reminder of incompetence.

The McNairs like Stroud show a propensity to panic under pressure. Currently, the Texans with the Browns pick is in line to pick 32nd, and Arizona with the Texans pick is in line for the 1st pick.

Stroud absolutely must play today. We are playing a lessor team. Not lessor to us per se but not a top team in the NFL is what I meant. He needs to get his reps in. If he breaks… next man up! Period.

Ultimately comes down to how you feel about CJ Stroud.

I couldn’t disagree more about CJ being picked to put butts back in seats. The Texans were already back to being horrid last year and finished as the 6th most profitable franchise in the world. There was no pain/fear for ownership to say, hey we need it next year. That’s the actual facts.

There were several NFL Analyst comparing Stroud to the likes of Burrow before the “s2” test came out.

If the Texans were really sold on Caleb Williams or Drake Maye they would have just put Davis Mills as the starter and ran it back again.

The fans were always going to come back once the new QB and regime happened.
Beware of analysts. There is a reason anal is the first part of the word.

Ryans and Slowik both said that this game would be "run heavy." If their strategy is to have Stroud play and mostly hand off to the RBs, that would be a very ill advised strategy. He shouldn't be in there at all to even pass in limited reps...............and if he falls on his shoulder or is hit on his shoulder or tries to break his fall with an outstretched arm, that rotator cuff can easily turn into a formal tear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back