Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

GAMEDAY Texans Chargers

This one is less on the coach, more on the defense. Our defense is inexcusable.

Coach hired the clown who coaches the defense. He and said clown (along with previous defensive clowns) picked said defense.

It's on Gary. Every last mistake is on Gary. If I'd attended the game (I didn't today) and got a flat Coke it would be on Gary.

Literally.

I still wanna hear from the head of officiating how the Foster TD crossing the goal line is not a TD.

exactly. he broke the plane and had control and was palming the ball in one hand (ie he had control) and then the ground caused the ball to go loose. That is still a TD.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/823/referee-ball-broke-the-plane
Why was it ruled a touchdown?

Walt Coleman: You have to have two feet down to complete the catch. He had two feet down and completed the catch with control of the ball breaking the plane of the goal line.

So the ball broke the plane in your view?

WC: Yeah, the ball was breaking the plane. He had two feet down. When he gained control of the ball, the ball was breaking the plane and then he fell into the field of play. But to have a touchdown, all you have to have is a catch, which is two feet down, possession and control of the ball breaking the plane.

Intentional grounding call/loss of down when MS had a TE on the crossing route.

The last interception - the ball hit the ground.

The league really wanted SD to win this game.

Hello 500 ball AGAIN.

You can't blame the refs for the stupid rule, that is not their fault.

yes I can, the Pollard "hold" that gave them 2 points, the numerous bad spots, the bs touchdown steal, the bs intentional grounding, the dropped interception to end the game that stood for god knows why, we know it costed up a difference of 6 points, how much did we "lose" by?

Oh, and AJ knows it. He looked like he was ready to get out his pads and never put them on again at the end of the game. I guess one epic fail every decade is allowed. What hurt most, is that he had the ball caught.

And it was a TD if he simply catches the ball! He had a clear path to the end zone with one man to beat and his momentum taking him away from the play.

Oh no, we saw what the Texans are made of today.

They're .500 and in the midst of their mid-season swoon. They'll lose the next 2-3 games and then start talking about character and not quitting long after there is any point in the season. I've seen this act 5 years running.

Say what you will, but the Cardinals had a very similar loss two years ago when they went to the Super Bowl. The season isn't over, but it's close.

2 runs in the entire 4th quarter. I don't need to say anything else.

Kubiak can't help it. He abandons the run when it's working because he gets thinking he's playing from behind and trying to catch up. For some reason this stupid god-damned aggie thinks a close game is the same as being behind. For all his talk about being in a position to win in the fourth quarter he's easily the worst coach I've ever seen at doing it.

Seriously, 2 runs in the entire quarter? When Arian Foster was running all over these guys? That's on Gary again. That's his offense.

yes I can, the Pollard "hold" that gave them 2 points, the numerous bad spots, the bs touchdown steal, the bs intentional grounding, the dropped interception to end the game that stood for god knows why, we know it costed up a difference of 6 points, how much did we "lose" by?

You didn't read my post. I said you can't blame the refs for the RULE on the touchdown. They don't make the rules, they enforce them. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I truly don't understand what you are trying to say here. Sorry.

Agree to disagree there buddy. I won't be able to convince you and you aren't convincing me. Just move along. And coward? Really? This is an internet forum. We are sitting in front of computers....seriously? How can one be a coward on the internet?

I don't understand how you wouldn't. But hey, don't worry, I work with translators on a daily basis. You're pretty much saying you have no rebuttal to what I said, so you play dumb and pretend you don't understand. Ok, gotcha.

Fine, you want to disagree and be delusional, that's ok. Yea, you can totally be cowards on the internet. Ever heard of cyberbullying? Totally unrelated to what is going on here, but that's one example to being a coward over a computer monitor.

I'm more angry about the field goals that should have been touchdowns than anything else. Arian had a good day but ****ed up when he didn't control the ball and I don't know what in the hell they were thinking not having Foster in on the running play that Ward got stopped on. Both of those ended up equaling 6 points when we should have had 14. That's the game, not some bogus officiating whine.

Ward was in because Foster was winded. I think Foster took himself out for a breather. I was surprised that Kubiak didn't take more time, even using a time out, to get Foster enough rest to get back in there. They needed to make sure they got 7 on that drive.

What bothered me most with this game were the many off-target passes and dropped balls. For all the flack the coach gets, some of those pass calls appeared well-timed, but were bungled by the players.

Why is our fanbase so scared to blame the refs, its always Kubiaks fault or players fault, nope not this time, its all on the refs and noone will convince me otherwise.

Pollard did hold though. I watched the game, saw the play, and Pollard held him. I'm sorry it's inconvenient for us but it was the correct call.

Texans 4th quarter offense.

Arian Foster Runs: 2

Schaub runs/passes: 16

All you need to know about Kubiak's head coaching ability.

I hear you, we should've run with Foster more...I couldn't understand the pass to JD on the 2nd to last play that almost got picked off...run the ball, and if there is no gain, then we've 3 downs to get ten yards.

But still, Arian had over 30 touches. He did have plenty of the ball. I can just imagine the reaction if he got banged up, as a result of being over used.

Kubiak can't help it. He abandons the run when it's working because he gets thinking he's playing from behind and trying to catch up. For some reason this stupid god-damned aggie thinks a close game is the same as being behind. For all his talk about being in a position to win in the fourth quarter he's easily the worst coach I've ever seen at doing it.

Seriously, 2 runs in the entire quarter? When Arian Foster was running all over these guys? That's on Gary again. That's his offense.

Did you watch the fourth quarter or are you just parroting garbage? The run was going NOWHERE. The blocking was terrible in the second half and the defense adjusted to it. Instead, we used him more in the passing game.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Why is our fanbase so scared to blame the refs, its always Kubiaks fault or players fault, nope not this time, its all on the refs and noone will convince me otherwise.

The interception was legit. If you're complaining about the TD that Foster "dropped," well it's not the referees--the rules are stupid.

What I'm really getting sick of is Wilson not helping out on the long routes early enough and some serious lack on player motivation.

Texans should have put a claim on Moss.

You think he would treat the Aggie and the Schwab better than Brady or the Wrangler? Naw, psycho Randy's only going to play hard for his brother in Nashville. Yeah, you heard it hear first, Young an Moss are going to be monster this season. Can see it from a mile and a half away.

I still wanna hear from the head of officiating how the Foster TD crossing the goal line is not a TD.

Yeah, that rule is crap. During the game they showed the Colt McCoy highlight where he ran and stabbed the pylon. That was considered a TD, but not the run by Foster..... :thinking:

Thats how things go though, crap rule.

The interception was legit. If you're complaining about the TD that Foster "dropped," well it's not the referees--the rules are stupid.

But it's not a rule. It's an "interpretation". Foster had the ball in both hands when he crossed the plane. He put the ball in his right hand has a Charger was grabbing his ankles, he started slipping and tried to hold himself up with the ball. I have no idea what that was not a TD. The NFL is seriously dumb.

Really? It wasn't the players fault when continually they let SD receivers get behind them for long touchdowns? That's the ref's fault? It was the ref's fault that Andre couldn't control that last pass?

The refs made bad calls both ways. It's still only 4 or 5 plays out of 120. Kubiak's hurry up and QB sneak call was a questionable coaching decision. Ref's fault?

Did you watch the fourth quarter or are you just parroting garbage? The run was going NOWHERE. The blocking was terrible in the second half and the defense adjusted to it. Instead, we used him more in the passing game.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Actually, the run blocking wasn't so great in the first half either, but Foster dealt with it....until it got worse.

Oh don't worry, I work with translators on a daily basis. You're pretty much saying you have no rebuttal to what I said, so you play dumb and pretend you don't understand. Ok, gotcha.

Fine, you want to disagree and be delusional, that's ok. Yea, you can totally be cowards on the internet. Ever heard of cyberbullying? Totally unrelated to what is going on here, but that's one example to being a coward over a computer monitor.

There is no rebuttal to be made. I'll say I don't agree with the QB sneak, you'll say you do. What type of conversation is that? I'm trying to end it. Last reply to you about this subject.

Again, moving along.

Are you serious? That's embarrassing from a Texans fans perspective.

Why are so many Texans fans in denial about the mistakes this team made today (and continue to make) that cost us the game. Do you just black out the previous play in your mind when you see a yellow flag or something? I didn't see one entirely merit-less penalty called on the Texans today. Even the intentional grounding call was poorly sold by Schaub. He had a guy on that side of the field. He in no way looked like he was making any effort to try and throw it to that guy. He did throw it away and got caught not making it look good. That kind of sloppy execution is what's killing us in all phases of the game.

We deserved to lose this game because our players weren't focused, our coaches called some incomprehensible plays, and our defense is the worst in NFL history (which sounds like exaggeration but if I'm not mistaken is actually true).

Actually, the run blocking wasn't so great in the first half either, but Foster dealt with it....until it got worse.

Whatever. You have to adjust.

Our spoiled (for some reason, we haven't done JACK and this ****ing fanbase is spoiled as ****) ass fans would ***** and moan that we didn't mix it up and didn't get the receivers involved, if we kept running it to no avail just to keep Arian going.

I think most of us know the QB sneak for an entire yard with Matt Schaub against SD was a mistake. Heck, it didn't work.

It seems to me that too many of us are ignoring a key fact: our BEST PLAYER failed when it mattered most. That was winning time, a good play was called, the pass was on target, and Andre Johnson went Jacoby Jones on his team.

That was a TD, folks. AJ ****ed up.

Whatever. You have to adjust.

Our spoiled (for some reason, we haven't done JACK and this ****ing fanbase is spoiled as ****) ass fans would ***** and moan that we didn't mix it up and didn't get the receivers involved, if we kept running it to no avail just to keep Arian going.

I'm not saying we needed to run more. I'm saying our run-blocking was bad in the first half and terrible in the second.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

Of course I watched the game. Did you just determine that the run was going nowhere from 2 plays? You're the most insightful fan I've ever met. You should be coaching! You can watch 2 plays in a single quarter and tell us that the Texans are incapable of running the football from that point forward and you can tell that after watching them run just fine for the previous three quarters against that defense. Amazing.

If I want to parrot some garbage I'll look for your posts to get the good stuff man.

can't blame anyone for being emotional in another homefield loss on what is otherwise a beautiful day here in Houston Texas. Bob McNair as owner of this buisness must understand the customer is pissed off with the results on the field & its impact on the paying customer. change is a coming, like it or not, this team finds a new way to lose almost every game @ home :pissed:

It seems to me that too many of us are ignoring a key fact: our BEST PLAYER failed when it mattered most. That was winning time, a good play was called, the pass was on target, and Andre Johnson went Jacoby Jones on his team.

That was a TD, folks. AJ ****ed up.

Andre Johnson did not lose that game by himself. Make no mistake about it. Do you even remember the Washington and Kansas City games?

But still, Arian had over 30 touches. He did have plenty of the ball. I can just imagine the reaction if he got banged up, as a result of being over used.

This is the problem Kubiak is having. Arian is generally money, but not when he is winded. Second half: Arian was huffing after every play. And the Chargers were honed into the run. SD was filling the gaps at the line and Arian wasn't breaking tackles. Perfect opportunity to take some of the load off Arian and throw the ball. But, how do you get him a rest when the passing game looks completely out of sync?

I liked that the team relegated Jacoby Jones to 3rd receiver status; his drops have been devastating. Unfortunately, without Daniels, the tight ends took it upon themselves to let balls fall out their hands. Of course Schaub doesn't help the situation when he throws behind the receiver or too high. At times, Schaub's passing made me appreciate Manning's consistent ball placement.

You'd be wrong. Seems there are quite a few people here who don't think it was a mistake.

Maybe it wasnt a mistake but why was the decision rushed? Why even do a sneak when you have a RB who has been decimating the defense? Just stupid, typical, dumb decisions.

Of course I watched the game. Did you just determine that the run was going nowhere from 2 plays? You're the most insightful fan I've ever met. You should be coaching! You can watch 2 plays in a single quarter and tell us that the Texans are incapable of running the football from that point forward and you can tell that after watching them run just fine for the previous three quarters against that defense. Amazing.

If I want to parrot some garbage I'll look for your posts to get the good stuff man.

lol.....it was more than two plays.

Whatever man.

There is no rebuttal to be made. I'll say I don't agree with the QB sneak, you'll say you do. What type of conversation is that? I'm trying to end it. Last reply to you about this subject.

Again, moving along.

Of course there's a rebuttal to what I said.

Going back to what you've said first, you're saying that Kubiak is a failure, directly after that play, obviously making that assessment solely on that play.

I'm asking you to explain how does that specific play make him a failure, a play that has worked numerous, numerous times before today?

Yea, he's a failure for deciding to pass twice as much as rush in the previous game. Yea, he a dumbass for deciding to go with two inexperienced CBs this season, and for hiring a unproven DC when our defense has been our Achilles heel throughout his tenure.

I don't see how that QB sneak in hurry offense makes him a failure, and you're doing a poor job explaining why it does. Dare I say, more porous than our pass D?

This is the problem Kubiak is having. Arian is generally money, but not when he is winded. Second half: Arian was huffing after every play. And the Chargers were honed into the run. SD was filling the gaps at the line and Arian wasn't breaking tackles. Perfect opportunity to take some of the load off Arian and throw the ball. But, how do you get him a rest when the passing game looks completely out of sync?

I liked that the team relegated Jacoby Jones to 3rd receiver status; his drops have been devastating. Unfortunately, without Daniels, the tight ends took it upon themselves to let balls fall out their hands. Of course Schaub doesn't help the situation when he throws behind the receiver or too high. At times, Schaub's passing made me appreciate Manning's consistent ball placement.

I don't. AJ is world's better than JJ, but right now he is useless. It wouldn't have taken me long at all to pull AJ in this game and put JJ and KW on the field together. I do agree about JJ's drops, but you gotta have at least semi-healthy players on the field.

Game is over Einstein

Hopefully you got some good gardening going during the 2nd-4th quarters. When exactly did you bounce, anyway? Midway through the first quarter or something? How do you know how the game ended up, anyhow? I can't trust your insight on the game if you talk about specifics. I mean, I hold you to your word. If you're gonna stop watching, then stop watching. Don't come in here and give your review about it.

Andre Johnson did not lose that game by himself. Make no mistake about it. Do you even remember the Washington and Kansas City games?

I think the best player comment covers the fact that AJ is the very definition of beast.

It's the shock that AJ didn't make a routine catch that causes this reaction. As I said before, he can have one every decade or so. It just hurt us, because if that catch is held, we win the game IMO.

Really? It wasn't the players fault when continually they let SD receivers get behind them for long touchdowns? That's the ref's fault? It was the ref's fault that Andre couldn't control that last pass?

The refs made bad calls both ways. It's still only 4 or 5 plays out of 120. Kubiak's hurry up and QB sneak call was a questionable coaching decision. Ref's fault?

That junk with the hurry up QB sneak is on Gary again. It goes back to the incredibly poor clock management the man demonstrates. His decision process is inexplicable. He acts like we've got all the time in the world at times when we don't. Then he has the team running around like there are mere seconds on the clock when we've got plenty of time to get that 1 yard and all need to be on the same page.

That's a glaring weakness this guy has shown since day one and I think it's related to how quickly he and his team lose their composure when things don't go as planned.

Back