Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

GAMEDAY Texans Chargers

It was trapped, but they'll uphold it because they've been in San Diego's pocket all day.

How does that work? At one point they hadn't called a single penalty on the Texans all day long. Then we lost our composure and started falling apart and it's been downhill all day long.

Even though being slightly down in the 4th i dont know why we abandon the run when foster has clearly been beasting all day.

That ref is a moron.

He really dare say "it stands" with authority like that? After screwing the home team fans throughout the day?

How bout having some tact?

How has he been screwing anyone? He made maybe 1 bad call with that Schaub grounding call. Don't blame the refs, blame the team.

How does that work? At one point they hadn't called a single penalty on the Texans all day long. Then we lost our composure and started falling apart and it's been downhill all day long.

You clearly forgot Arian's TD-that-wasnt because of a STUPID ass rule, and you clearly forgot the bogus intentional grounding-that-wasnt.

Alot of these people seem to be blind my friend, as you already know.

How has he been screwing anyone? He made maybe 1 bad call with that Schaub grounding call. Don't blame the refs, blame the team.

Seriously. Rep your way.

You people don't seem to be understanding the overall problem here. Good teams overcome 1 bad call.

This was the teams fault. Bad playcalling, poor focus from our players (even players like Andre). The only bright spot was Foster.

You clearly forgot Arian's TD-that-wasnt because of a STUPID ass rule, and you clearly forgot the bogus intentional grounding-that-wasnt.

The important piece is its a rule. You cannot fault the ref for enforcing a rule.

Yes, the intentional grounding penalty was bad, but the refs also missed the Smith personal foul on Rivers when we went after River's legs. Don't blame the refs here.

Prior to the point I'm talking about in the third quarter they hadn't called a penalty on the Texans all day.

Arian has to tuck that ball away and not try to use it to hold himself up. That was on Arian and it wasn't a touchdown. I was so angry I couldn't stay in the same room with the TV but that's the rule. Arian screwed that up.

The intentional grounding call wasn't good but every team in the NFL gets a bum call like that at least once a game. We're just the only team I see that regularly falls apart when it happens. I'm sure other bad teams do too but then I don't watch them.

Officiating was pretty much the least of our worries.

Sure there were some questionable offensive playcalls, but why are we cutting the defense some slack? They were unable to hold off the Charger's passing AND rushing attack. Even with a bunch of anonymous receivers, the Charger's receivers looked like perennial pro-bowlers headed towards Canton.

By the way, the interception that sealed the Texans' fate was NOT on Schaub; that was all on Andre Johnson. He had to make that catch.

Refresh my memory: weren't the Texans behind before getting flagged with a single penalty in this game? Did Pollard's stellar pass coverage come while he was wearing a ref's uniform, or was Eugene Wilson moonlighting as a line judge as he pirouetted around in circles 20 times after getting stiffarmed by a total stiff?

Not trying to be a smartass here. I just think there was much more to blame than a couple of ref calls. The rule that took away Arian's TD is screwing everyone, not just the Texans. Sure, there were 2 bad ones today, but they shouldn't have caused a home loss to a questionable opponent.

EDIT: That last sentence applies only to playoff-caliber teams. So take it for what it's worth.

The important piece is its a rule. You cannot fault the ref for enforcing a rule.

Yes, the intentional grounding penalty was bad, but the refs also missed the Smith personal foul on Rivers when we went after River's legs. Don't blame the refs here.

Not blaming the refs, just addressing the other dude's response to the other guy.

We lost. I'm desensitized.

He made a football move. He fumbled and recovered his fumble. The Texans should have been driving for the winning field goal on their last possession. Total robbery. I never post. Total robbery.

Rivers throwing the grouding flag for the officials, giving Schaub all of 1 inch on the 4th and 1 scramble, stealing the Foster touchdown, etc. This was in our house, not San Diego.

Prior to the point I'm talking about in the third quarter they hadn't called a penalty on the Texans all day.

Arian has to tuck that ball away and not try to use it to hold himself up. That was on Arian and it wasn't a touchdown. I was so angry I couldn't stay in the same room with the TV but that's the rule. Arian screwed that up.

The intentional grounding call wasn't good but every team in the NFL gets a bum call like that at least once a game. We're just the only team I see that regularly falls apart when it happens. I'm sure other bad teams do too but then I don't watch them.

Officiating was pretty much the least of our worries.

There is a difference between getting that call in the first three quarters and getting that call in the final three minutes of a game. It shouldn't have been called at all.

I'm more angry about the field goals that should have been touchdowns than anything else. Arian had a good day but ****ed up when he didn't control the ball and I don't know what in the hell they were thinking not having Foster in on the running play that Ward got stopped on. Both of those ended up equaling 6 points when we should have had 14. That's the game, not some bogus officiating whine.

I still wanna hear from the head of officiating how the Foster TD crossing the goal line is not a TD.

Other than Arian Foster, that was a collective team loss. I just don't know if this team is as good as we once thought it was. This game will be the turning point of our season. We'll either crumble and collapse or fire back and make the playoffs.

This loss hurts the most because we had it, and we let it get away from us. We're really going to see what the Texans are made of now...

I'm more angry about the field goals that should have been touchdowns than anything else. Arian had a good day but ****ed up when he didn't control the ball and I don't know what in the hell they were thinking not having Foster in on the running play that Ward got stopped on. Both of those ended up equaling 6 points when we should have had 14. That's the game, not some bogus officiating whine.

Amen to this.

You just aren't listening if you haven't seen people complain about Kubiak's playcalling.

I have nothing really to say to what you said, we just disagree. I see you as straight up blind. You see me as whatever...

move along

What does people complaing about Kubiak previous playcalling has to do with what you posted previously about that SPECIFIC play?

So, people complain BEFOREHAND means he's going to keep calling lousy plays after lousy plays? Even a blind squirrel can find a nut everyonce and a while. That was not a bad call, he has NUMEROUS success before with that play. In fact, I can only remember one that a hurry up, QB sneak has failed before, and that was in one of the 8-8 season.

But whatever, it furthers prove that you have no idea what you're bitching about in the post that I quoted previous. If anyone is blind, it's you for blindly bitching about anything negative that happens to this team, that Kubiak's had no control over.

btw, don't be a coward, and don't mince my words, what do you really think I see you as?

Rivers throwing the grouding flag for the officials, giving Schaub all of 1 inch on the 4th and 1 scramble, stealing the Foster touchdown, etc. This was in our house, not San Diego.

Exactly. The refs stuck the dagger in the Texans' hearts. The Texans decided to save the refs more trouble and twist it themselves.

There is a difference between getting that call in the first three quarters and getting that call in the final three minutes of a game. It shouldn't have been called at all.

Not if you're a solid team that's talented, focused, and determined.

We're just talented. Focused and determined aren't words that are usually used when describing us. I think crying over that call after all the mistakes I saw the Texans make today is shameful.

Another season down the drain. Fourty years of the Oilers and almost 10 years of the Texans and the results are always the same. I'm starting to get tired of the same old **** year after year after year.

By the way, the interception that sealed the Texans' fate was NOT on Schaub; that was all on Andre Johnson. He had to make that catch.

Oh, and AJ knows it. He looked like he was ready to get out his pads and never put them on again at the end of the game. I guess one epic fail every decade is allowed. What hurt most, is that he had the ball caught.

I truly do not know what to say... It's been the same the entire season, unimaginative playcalling, D that sails all over the place... sad...

Ehhh, not what I meant when I wrote that.

the only penalty I opposed was the intentional grounding. But still, I can imagined the fans there being irrated over the reversed TD decision and whatever other questionable penalty that eludes me at the moment.

The refs were just building the fans up for another bottle gate incident.

Other than Arian Foster, that was a collective team loss. I just don't know if this team is as good as we once thought it was. This game will be the turning point of our season. We'll either crumble and collapse or fire back and make the playoffs.

This loss hurts the most because we had it, and we let it get away from us. We're really going to see what the Texans are made of now...

Oh no, we saw what the Texans are made of today.

They're .500 and in the midst of their mid-season swoon. They'll lose the next 2-3 games and then start talking about character and not quitting long after there is any point in the season. I've seen this act 5 years running.

Oh, and AJ knows it. He looked like he was ready to get out his pads and never put them on again at the end of the game. I guess one epic fail every decade is allowed. What hurt most, is that he had the ball caught.

Schaub rushed the pass but it shouldn't have come to that. They should have been positioning over to the right hashmark for the winning field goal. Foster crossed the goal, fumbled, recovered his own fumble and scored. :pissed:

This is just beyond frustrating. The team played like crap today. The bad calls by the refs pissed me off, but thats football. The Texans needed to nut up, and instead they were in the pool.

shrinkage.gif

What does people complaing about Kubiak previous playcalling has to do with what you posted previously about that SPECIFIC play?

So, people complain BEFOREHAND means he's going to keep calling lousy plays after lousy plays? Even a blind squirrel can find a nut everyonce and a while.

I truly don't understand what you are trying to say here. Sorry.

That was not a bad call, he has NUMEROUS success before with that play. In fact, I can only remember one that a hurry up, QB sneak has failed before, and that was in one of the 8-8 season.

But whatever, it furthers prove that you have no idea what you're bitching about in the post that I quoted previous. If anyone is blind, it's you for blindly bitching about anything negative that happens to this team, that Kubiak's had no control over.

btw, don't be a coward, and don't mince my words, what do you really think I see you as?

Agree to disagree there buddy. I won't be able to convince you and you aren't convincing me. Just move along. And coward? Really? This is an internet forum. We are sitting in front of computers....seriously? How can one be a coward on the internet?

2 runs in the entire 4th quarter. I don't need to say anything else.

Texans 4th quarter offense.

Arian Foster Runs: 2

Schaub runs/passes: 16

All you need to know about Kubiak's head coaching ability.

Back