Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

GAMEDAY Texans Chargers

Andre Johnson did not lose that game by himself. Make no mistake about it. Do you even remember the Washington and Kansas City games?

No, he didn't lose the game. He did **** up though, too bad.

We all know "OMG KUBIAK AND THE COACHING STAFF AND NOT RUNNING AND AHEINCHSHAHHHHHHHHH" lost the game.

I don't. AJ is world's better than JJ, but right now he is useless. It wouldn't have taken me long at all to pull AJ in this game and put JJ and KW on the field together.

I can deal with that combo, but any way it goes you must have a receiver on the field you can trust to catch the ball. Jones hasn't been that possession receiver the team needs. Using him to give AJ a break is fine in my book, but I don't trust him as the #2.

Andre Johnson did not lose that game by himself. Make no mistake about it. Do you even remember the Washington and Kansas City games?

How do those games help what happened today? Andre Johnson is great, but he should have easily, no question, caught that ball for at least a first down and even a TD wasn't out of the question.

I was talking about the whole second half. Go look it up yourself on one of my posts.

Right, 3rd quarter was 10 carries for 35 yards which is off from the first half but note that while you still throw in a regular dose of running plays the passing game begins to get into a groove. The passing game has real issues this year and we all know that.

One thing is undeniable though. If you stop even attempting to run the ball then the defense pins it's ears back and starts pressuring Schaub who this season doesn't beat the blitz nearly as much as he gets crushed by it.

I'm not even going to get on Andre, only thing is yes he should have caught that. It happens, had the ball never goes off his knee it most likely just falls underneath him.

Andre has made so many big plays throughout his career, it sucks what happens but it's a rare thing that it does. Just like Peyton throwing a INT in the superbowl...it just happens sometimes.

yes I can, the Pollard "hold" that gave them 2 points, the numerous bad spots, the bs touchdown steal, the bs intentional grounding, the dropped interception to end the game that stood for god knows why, we know it costed up a difference of 6 points, how much did we "lose" by?

1. Pollard DID hold the TE.

2. What bad spots. Can you specifically and objectively say where they were? I couldn't tell where Schaub ended on that spot. What other spots were bad?

3. I already covered why that was not a TD. It was the correct call according to the rules. Bad rule? Sure. But a rule is a rule and I expect the ref to enforce every rule.

4. Yes, the intl grounding penalty was a bad call. I will give you that.

5. What dropped interception? Again, the angle was tough to see. It was not conclusive by the replays I saw. In the moment it looked like an INT. On replay one side showed trapping, another showed his hand was under the ball. Not indisputable evidence.

(14:47) 23-A.Foster left guard to HST 28 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire, 54-S.Cooper).

(12:20) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 28 for 5 yards (27-P.Oliver, 91-O.Nwagbuo).

(11:42) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 13 for 15 yards (99-K.Burnett).

(11:02) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 11 for 2 yards (74-J.Cesaire, 99-K.Burnett).

(3:40) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 43 for 3 yards (71-A.Garay).

(1:41) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 22 for 4 yards (96-T.Johnson).

(1:03) 23-A.Foster left guard to SD 22 for no gain (99-K.Burnett, 27-P.Oliver).

(15:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 17 for no gain (95-S.Phillips). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

(11:44) 23-A.Foster up the middle to SD 49 for -2 yards (71-A.Garay).

.....unless I'm missing one, that's 9 plays for 28 yards. After that, we were down 29-23. No reason to run anymore.

We need to stop with the nonsense.

5. What dropped interception? Again, the angle was tough to see. It was not conclusive by the replays I saw. In the moment it looked like an INT. On replay one side showed trapping, another showed his hand was under the ball. Not indisputable evidence.

Only the refs have to worry about indisputable evidence. To us, the fans, we could see the ball hit the ground on that back replay.

Did you watch the fourth quarter or are you just parroting garbage? The run was going NOWHERE. The blocking was terrible in the second half and the defense adjusted to it. Instead, we used him more in the passing game.

Jesus Christ Almighty.

:spit:

We ran the ball TWO ****ing times!!!! Yes, the run went nowhere on the 4th down play and we lost yardage the other time we ran the ball. OMG!!!!!!!!! The run was going NOWHERE!!!!!!

Next time you use Christ's name in vain, at least know what the hell you are talking about...

This latest greatest loss comes just in time. My brand spankin new $65 Houston Texans hoodie should arrive via UPS tomorrow afternoon.

It seems to me that too many of us are ignoring a key fact: our BEST PLAYER failed when it mattered most. That was winning time, a good play was called, the pass was on target, and Andre Johnson went Jacoby Jones on his team.

That was a TD, folks. AJ ****ed up.

Yep!!!! One of the few times I agree with you wholeheartedly.

1. Pollard DID hold the TE.

2. What bad spots. Can you specifically and objectively say where they were? I couldn't tell where Schaub ended on that spot. What other spots were bad?

3. I already covered why that was not a TD. It was the correct call according to the rules. Bad rule? Sure. But a rule is a rule and I expect the ref to enforce every rule.

4. Yes, the intl grounding penalty was a bad call. I will give you that.

What? An objective post? On game day?

We ran the ball TWO ****ing times!!!! Yes, the run went nowhere on the 4th down play and we lost yardage the other time we ran the ball. OMG!!!!!!!!! The run was going NOWHERE!!!!!!

Next time you use Christ's name in vain, at least know what the hell you are talking about...

We threw Foster the ball twice after the Chargers went up 29-23. Should have used him once on the drive immediately following that TD, but...we didn't.

WE should NOT have run though.

(14:47) 23-A.Foster left guard to HST 28 for 1 yard (74-J.Cesaire, 54-S.Cooper).

(12:20) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 28 for 5 yards (27-P.Oliver, 91-O.Nwagbuo).

(11:02) 23-A.Foster left tackle to SD 11 for 2 yards (74-J.Cesaire, 99-K.Burnett).

(15:00) 23-A.Foster right tackle to SD 17 for no gain (95-S.Phillips). WATCH HIGHLIGHT

.....unless I'm missing one, that's 9 plays for 28 yards. After that, we were down 29-23. No reason to run anymore.

You did miss one. You missed Derrick Ward's carries but then I missed one of them too. This is splitting hairs though.

"No reason to run anymore"? Because we're down by one score with over 5 minutes on the clock?

Just throw the running game out the window and don't bother to try a draw play or anything like that?

No need to keep the pass rush honest. Schaub's invulnerable right?

You did miss one. You missed Derrick Ward's carries but then I missed one of them too. This is splitting hairs though.

"No reason to run anymore"? Because we're down by one score with over 5 minutes on the clock?

Just throw the running game out the window and don't bother to try a draw play or anything like that?

No need to keep the pass rush honest. Schaub's invulnerable right?

You throw screen passes and little dump-offs. You don't run.

No reason to run anymore?!?!?

Hilarious!!!!! Dude, seriously, stop it!! Your posts are making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard!!!

11:44 seconds left and down by 6, you say there is no reason to run anymore?!?!?! :spit:

We threw Foster the ball twice after the Chargers went up 29-23. Should have used him once on the drive immediately following that TD, but...we didn't.

WE should NOT have run though.

Yeah, a halfback screen would have been nice. Get the ball in Foster's hands one way or another.

Honestly, for the first time in a while, I'm not even upset about the loss. I saw it coming. I knew Kubiak would find a way to screw it up.

I disagree with you completely though about having no reason to run once we were down. The run worked all day. No reason to stop.

No reason to run anymore?!?!?

Hilarious!!!!! Dude, seriously, stop it!! Your posts are making my stomach hurt from laughing so hard!!!

11:44 seconds left and down by 6, you say there is no reason to run anymore?!?!?! :spit:

....and when did we get the ball back after the Chargers scored to make it 29-23? Oh look, 5 minutes left.

It seems to me that too many of us are ignoring a key fact: our BEST PLAYER failed when it mattered most. That was winning time, a good play was called, the pass was on target, and Andre Johnson went Jacoby Jones on his team.

That was a TD, folks. AJ ****ed up.

I agree. I don't know if it was a TD, but at the very least it was a first down. That catch would have given the Texans a chance.

The important piece is its a rule. You cannot fault the ref for enforcing a rule.

Yes, the intentional grounding penalty was bad, but the refs also missed the Smith personal foul on Rivers when we went after River's legs. Don't blame the refs here.

Bad calls happen on both sides the thing is to hope they even out over the whole game.

Yeah, a halfback screen would have been nice. Get the ball in Foster's hands one way or another.

Honestly, for the first time in a while, I'm not even upset about the loss. I saw it coming. I knew Kubiak would find a way to screw it up.

I disagree with you completely though about having no reason to run once we were down. The run worked all day. No reason to stop.

^^^^This. I'm not upset either. Just meh.

....and when did we get the ball back after the Chargers scored to make it 29-23? Oh look, 5 minutes left.

Yeah, 5:17. Plenty of time to put together a sound offensive drive, run the ball a bit, pass the ball a bit, and march down the field. At least keep the defense on their heels and not let them sit back expecting the pass every damn play. But what did we do? Pass every damn play like there was only 1 minute left on the clock.

I say that this game is squarely on the receivers. The defense did a great job against the #1 offense. They got turnovers!

There is little Kubiak and Schaub can do when the receivers are dropping passes....critical passes. Even our "best receiver in the galaxy" dropped passes...one ending in our loss.

Why can't our receivers catch all of a sudden?

In other news, Foster is the best thing we have by far.

Yeah, 5:17. Plenty of time to put together a sound offensive drive, run the ball a bit, pass the ball a bit, and march down the field. At least keep the defense on their heels and not let them sit back expecting the pass every damn play. But what did we do? Pass every damn play like there was only 1 minute left on the clock.

You're missing my point of posting all those run plays that did pretty much did nothing (except for that 15 yarder). Get Arian the ball, but through passing it. You don't RUN in that situation. You create run-like situations by screens and dumpoffs.

You're missing my point of posting all those run plays that did pretty much did nothing (except for that 15 yarder). Get Arian the ball, but through passing it. You don't RUN in that situation. You create run-like situations by screens and dumpoffs.

Lol @ "except for that 15 yarder".

That is the funniest **** ive read all day!

We were moving the ball really well on both drives when there was 5 minutes left.

Who cares whehter we were running or passing.

People are complaining that we weren't running the ball, but who cares? We moved the ball just fine.

We got stuffed on a 4th and 1 QB sneak and we had our best player drop a would be touchdown and litterally kick the ball to the defender for a game ending INT

The play call at the end was just fine as far as Im concerned. Everyone calling for more runs or less runs is ignoring the fact that we were easily moving the ball down the field on both drives

Foster being left out on the last drive is 100% irrelevent. AJ gave that one to the defender

Lol @ "except for that 15 yarder".

That is the funniest **** ive read all day!

Yeah, take that play out, and it would have been 8 rushes for 13 yards for Foster in the second half. A fifteen yard play is not indicative of how it was going.

So a negative rep war is it? Ok. I'll play.

It's not a "war". It's what the system is in place for. If you say something I don't agree with or I think its stupid, then **** me if I'm not gonna give you negative reputation for it.

It's not a "war". It's what the system is in place for. If you say something I don't agree with or I think its stupid, then **** me if I'm not gonna give you negative reputation for it.

Wow, lame. I guess we had all better just agree with you from now on so we don't get negative rep! Do you realize how boring this board would be if everyone agreed? Debates and arguments about our beloved team are why people frequent this board.

Wow, lame. I guess we had all better just agree with you from now on so we don't get negative rep! Do you realize how boring this board would be if everyone agreed? Debates and arguments about our beloved team are why people frequent this board.

Whatever. Then the system shouldn't be in place. I can see something I disagree with and not "ding it down", but when it's presented in a ridiculous or stupid manner, then I'll do it.

Yeah, take that play out, and it would have been 8 rushes for 13 yards for Foster in the second half. A fifteen yard play is not indicative of how it was going.

Well if that is how you want to play it then fine. I'll cut you some slack since you haven't been around here very long. However, you need to keep your emotions in check and quit being so drama queeninsh. Members on this board usually disagree in a gentlemanly manner and I stand by my original post that got your undergarments all bunched up. Blaming losses on officiating is ignorant and for losers. Bad officiating happens. Good teams overcome it.

Blaming losses on officiating is ignorant and for losers. Bad officiating happens. Good teams overcome it.

So if, let's say.....a player catches a ball in the end zone with 2:03 seconds left in the Super Bowl to go ahead, but it turns out that the catch was bobbled or he was out of bounds.....but it counts anyway.....is the opposing team just supposed to "overcome" it?

Dude where the heck did he even say that?

He disagrees with one post enough to give a neg rep out for it. I'm sure he isn't handing them out like candies to every post that he opposes.

Beside, what's even more lame is talking about reputation on an online forum. Who gives a crap? You do realize our defense is going into it's 9th season of irrelevancy and the team's hope of turning the corner or making the playoffs now or next season is shackled by the likes of Frank Bush and his minions, right?

So if, let's say.....a player catches a ball in the end zone with 2:03 seconds left in the Super Bowl to go ahead, but it turns out that the catch was bobbled or he was out of bounds.....but it counts anyway.....is the opposing team just supposed to "overcome" it?

Yep. If they are true champions they will. I've seen teams do it time and time again.

I find it odd how the Offense is getting blamed at all. Sure they had their miscues but the D gave up 29 points! The offense was trying to overcome the horrible defense that was both played and called!

We outscored most teams, as of end of the early game, that played. However only the Patriots, Panthers and Seahawks gave up more points.

If anything, blame everyone.

I find it odd how the Offense is getting blamed at all. Sure they had their miscues but the D gave up 29 points! The offense was trying to overcome the horrible defense that was both played and called!

We outscored most teams, as of end of the early game, that played. However only the Patriots, Panthers and Seahawks gave up more points.

If anything, blame everyone.

I think people all understand that the D is terrible, so there is less discussion about it.

Yeah, people realize the Defense sucks every week so there is really no let down or anything to get angry about there.

Dude where the heck did he even say that?

He disagrees with one post enough to give a neg rep out for it. I'm sure he isn't handing them out like candies to every post that he opposes.

Beside, what's even more lame is talking about reputation on an online forum. Who gives a crap? You do realize our defense is going into it's 9th season of irrelevancy and the team's hope of turning the corner or making the playoffs now or next season is shackled by the likes of Frank Bush and his minions, right?

If you say something I don't agree with or I think its stupid, then **** me if I'm not gonna give you negative reputation for it.

Well...thats where he said it. Really though, its not a big deal, shall we move on? I'm not quite sure how you turned my comment into an argument about Frank Bush and the defense though.

I still find it funny that people are complaining that we didnt run the ball enough in the 4th, even though we were moving the ball ljust fine without running.

Our best player dropped a would be TD and kicked the ball to a defensive back to end a drive.

That was a gret play. He was wide open

I think people all understand that the D is terrible, so there is less discussion about it.

So blaming the Offense is the cure? hahaha

The best defender we had today was Foster. Thanks to his running, it kept our D on the sideline. Forget keeping the other teams offense on the sideline, our D needs to stay there.

Back