Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

GAMEDAY Texans Chargers

Who else has made it a point to pick up a WR, RB or QB from whomever we're playing for their fantasy team?

At least it looks like my fantasy team will win today hahaha.

I'm just done being mad and being in a bad mood because of this.

Well...thats where he said it. Really though, its not a big deal, shall we move on? I'm not quite sure how you turned my comment into an argument about Frank Bush and the defense though.

Yea, my fault. I only read the post you quoted and that Panthers quoted.

So blaming the Offense is the cure? hahaha

The best defender we had today was Foster. Thanks to his running, it kept our D on the sideline. Forget keeping the other teams offense on the sideline, our D needs to stay there.

My point is that it kinda goes unsaid that we should also blame the defense. That's the case in every single football game we have played this year.

Who else has made it a point to pick up a WR, RB or QB from whomever we're playing for their fantasy team?

At least it looks like my fantasy team will win today hahaha.

I'm just done being mad and being in a bad mood because of this.

You do get numb to it. I have emotionally decoupled myself from this team and I see clearly now. I have the pink soap up. However, I would rather just nuke the whole franchise and start over. New owner, stadium, logo, mascot, team colors the works. Anything to get a winning sports franchise in this town.

You do get numb to it. I have emotionally decoupled myself from this team and I see clearly now. I have the pink soap up. However, I would rather just nuke the whole franchise and start over. New owner, stadium, logo, mascot, team colors the works. Anything to get a winning sports franchise in this town.

At the beginning of the year I bought new jerseys for my son and wifey. Now I'm just meh to it all - so I totally understand the emotional detachment. However, I'm not at that level of nuking the whole franchise. I'm convinced we do have talent on all sides of the ball. From some reason they just aren't clicking. What that reason is, is clearly up for debate. I think my pink soap days are coming...

At the beginning of the year I bought new jerseys for my son and wifey. Now I'm just meh to it all - so I totally understand the emotional detachment. However, I'm not at that level of nuking the whole franchise. I'm convinced we do have talent on all sides of the ball. From some reason they just aren't clicking. What that reason is, is clearly up for debate. I think my pink soap days are coming...

Yeah, I'm getting there too.

I dig my old soviet propaganda poster but she may get bumped for the soap.

This about sums it up nicely.

Let me get this straight: Despite missing tight end Antonio Gates, receivers Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Buster Davis and Legedu Naanee, the Chargers' Philip Rivers still threw for 295 yards and four touchdowns against Houston in a 29-23 win?
How bad must that Texans pass defense really be? San Diego didn't have its "A'' team in the passing game, and still won its first road game of the season. Rivers was an efficient 17 of 23 against Houston, with only one interception.
The Chargers got the first two career touchdowns of the wonderfully named rookie receiver Seyi Ajirotutu (four catches for 111 yards) and two more touchdowns from backup tight end Randy McMichael to win two games in a row for the first time all season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/07/week9.snaps/1.html#ixzz14eE0L4Yg

Send the team to Los Angeles please.

I blame Kubiak, but not exactly for the reasons being put out here.

I agree with some that the QB sneak was a mistake and time should have been taken to figure out another play. I don't agree that it's generally a good idea to use that play when you need a whole yard. I was worried that they would either do that or hand it to Foster, who'd get hit again behind the LOS. My call?--Dreeson short pass to the outside; WR runs GO ROUTE and f'ing GOES if he is not covered. Dreeson for 2 yards, or KW TD. We were not going to run the ball for a first down on that play and I knew it. By the way, ya gotta have Foster up the middle too, just in case the nuts run a cover 2 zone on 4th and 1, LOL.

I don't think many of our players were motivated well enough for this game, and it isn't the first time. It's football and motivation counts.

I believe we have a better FS than Eugene Wilson and I'm sick of seeing him come into the field of view too late to do s*(& about a 40 yard bomb for a TD. That kind of crap is happening way too much. I know that he is supposed to be a veteran compared to the guy I thought was better, but what is he a veteran at????--allowing bombs for TDs?. Is it Barber? I thought it was Nate something-or-other. Anyway, Wilson sucks. We have a SS who is just much better against the run and a FS that is USELESS for much of anything.

I know a lot are going to disagree with me, but I would have replaced AJ with JJ. I just don't think AJ is even 50% right now and it showed throughout the game. JJ could have EASILY bobbled that same pass and caused an interception, also; but I'm not saying this based on any one play. AJ does not get open anymore. He needs to be healthier before he gets back on the field in a real game. I know he can still take hits and he can still catch (most of the time), but he can't get open and these Ds are NOT fooled anymore.

I don't think they needed to run more. I think the SD D pretty much showed that that wasn't working for us in the 3rd and early 4th Qtrs. Our run-blocking SUCKED today and just kept getting worse. Luckily, our pass-blocking wasn't bad at all. You can throw short passes to your RB and Foster took one of those for 30 or 35 yards. I'd have been OK with a few delayed hand-offs, but we were getting the yardage with the passing game anyway.

This about sums it up nicely.

Let me get this straight: Despite missing tight end Antonio Gates, receivers Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Buster Davis and Legedu Naanee, the Chargers' Philip Rivers still threw for 295 yards and four touchdowns against Houston in a 29-23 win?
How bad must that Texans pass defense really be? San Diego didn't have its "A'' team in the passing game, and still won its first road game of the season. Rivers was an efficient 17 of 23 against Houston, with only one interception.
The Chargers got the first two career touchdowns of the wonderfully named rookie receiver Seyi Ajirotutu (four catches for 111 yards) and two more touchdowns from backup tight end Randy McMichael to win two games in a row for the first time all season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/07/week9.snaps/1.html#ixzz14eE0L4Yg

Bolts had the important half of the passing game: his name is Philip Rivers.

I said it during the critical business season, when you're that close, your team cant go backwards and thats what the texans did talent wise. They let the top 2 corners go off the 13th rabked defense and didnt replace their talent. They knew they were letting robinson go, why not get cromartie or mcfadden from arizona? Why cut reeves and keep molden? Now moss is on the titans who happen to be top 5 in offense and defense. Its a wrap for them imo.

I didn't even get pissed watching the game today. I fully expected a loss, the question was how bad would it be?

The danger was I let myself start to get excited.

Not much else to say.

Fail

:mariopalm:

Pollard needs to be benched right NOw and Frank bush needs to be fired we are Last in the leauge on D with like 5 1st round picks on D Fire Bush its not like the next guy could be anyworse we can only go up from the bottom

Back