Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Cleveland at Houston

I think it's time Carr threw another fit at his offensive line. They are sucking so bad it's gone past bad. They're somewhere else beyong bad. Pass protection is literally non-existent in this game.

Billy Miller blocking a defensive end? What the heck is going on? This is a pathetic performance...looks like an A&M bowl game.

Last quarter of the season and our home the fans are booing - not
a happy ending for the season to say the least.

I almost made it through the season. I haven't posted during the games because I am not a rational person while the game is in progress. Time to throw rationale out the window. Like the commercial says, "not today, not tomorrow". This can be said about our becoming a good team with this bunch of coaches. Even if some miracle happens and we pull this one out I will not change my mind this time. No more excuses. This is the Browns for crying out loud. :hairpull:
My favorite college team caught hell for firing their coach after only three years. I approved of it because I could see there was no progress being made under his direction. Losing to teams we should beat and occasionally beating a team we were supposed to lose to. Kinda sounds like the Texans situation to me. I will be sorely disappointed if McNair stands pat after this season. Arguments have been made that if we start over we will be another Browns team, firing coaches and starting over from scratch. Well folks, the Browns are handing our team their heads on a platter. With an "interim coach" I might add.

cac :coffee:

DuntaRobinson23 said:
Remember the first 7 weeks or so...... Andre Johnson was 2nd in the league with recieving yards and David Carr was 2nd in passing yards. Where has all that gone? :hmmm:

we lack another passing option and teams know it. (i.e TE) Our offense looks alot better when we spread it out. So far no TE receptions AGAIN.

Hervoyel said:
I think it's time Carr threw another fit at his offensive line. They are sucking so bad it's gone past bad. They're somewhere else beyong bad. Pass protection is literally non-existent in this game.

It's time for something. JJ broke down, the OLine broke down, the defense is, for the most part, playing like it doesn't care what happens, and nobody can keep the ball in their hands.

Losing the game is one thing, Ican deal with losing..........but when you look like you WANT to lose its another thing entirely.............if we had a worse record right now I would swear we were losing on purpose to gain a good draft pick! Looking this bad against a team like Cleveland is what burns me up. On top of that, being an old Oilers fan, I have a deep hatred of the Browns that still lingers..........so this is just wrong. :bag:

So we finally see some effort from the rest of the team, but the O-Line blows it for everyone. Thanks guys.

I really think the Texans underestimated the Browns...poor record and all they still have a few players. All I've read and heard all week is how the Texans were going to end up 8-8. They just don't look focused this week or as well prepared for whatever reason and the Browns came to play.

Just not a composed team. Carr just does not make go decision. this is the one time they should have huddled, ran the darn ball and got the first down. then he ran towards the defense.

Yup, Browns came to play and the Texans thought they could phone it in. Seems like there isn't a dial tone though.

Serious question since I'm listening to the game and not watching...
Have we blitzed at all today, or are we letting Holcombe just relax and pick us apart back there?

WWJD said:
I really think the Texans underestimated the Browns...poor record and all they still have a few players. All I've read and heard all week is how the Texans were going to end up 8-8. They just don't look focused this week or as well prepared for whatever reason and the Browns came to play.

Our Texans got way to cocky. They just new that they were going to win. Not!!!! :hairpull:

This is exactly the reason why we don't go with the "wide open" offense. Peyton Manning wouldn't survive behind this line.

shywag said:
Our Texans got way to cocky. They just new that they were going to win. Not!!!! :hairpull:

No i think it was the media. And a lot of the fans, but if you look at the beginning of this thread you can see that i did not think it would be a runaway. Living in houston i expect us to beat all the good teams and get blown out by the scrubs.

I think the rockets play today maybe T-Mac will brighten my day with another 40 point performance.

WWJD said:
Why hasn't this Holcomb kid been playing for the Browns all along? He's had a nice game.
Remember, it's against the Texans. We make everyone but Leftwich look like an All-Pro.
Also he has been injured.

Back