Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game Day: Cleveland at Houston

The radio announcers just said that was the FIRST pass intefernce of the SEASON for the Texan's receivers. (Not the 5 yard variety)

Touchdown!

You know... it would be funny for a onside kick... we get it back... TD and tie it with a 2 pt conversion...

TexSon said:
The radio announcers just said that was the FIRST pass intefernce of the SEASON for the Texan's receivers. (Not the 5 yard variety)

That's because there's two sets of rules: one set for people wearing Houston uniforms and another set for everybody else. This holds true in all sports: football, baseball, basketball...

The line is terrible, but Carr is to blame for some of the sacks. He deserves to be boo'ed for the way he has played the second half of this season. We need to give BJ a look during camp next year.

while I don't think the O-line has played that well. Carr also has trouble stepping up in the pocket and does not make good decision with the ball on regular enough basis. IMO, 8-10 sacks has been caused by this not just poor o-line blocking.

the wonger need food said:
The line is terrible, but Carr is to blame for some of the sacks. He deserves to be boo'ed for the way he has played the second half of this season. We need to give BJ a look during camp next year.

I was about to agree with you, but come on BJ. Carr aint that bad, but he is to blame for a number of the sacks. When he runs back from the outside pass rush.

0 sacks on the QB for the day. Excellent game plan- no reason to try an put any pressure on the QB.

TexSon said:
0 sacks on the QB for the day. Excellent game plan- no reason to try an put any pressure on the QB.

Nope i saw D. Polk with one on the stat sheet. It must've been from the intentional grounding, but yes that was and is very sad.

edo783 said:
Half the teams came to play.

Yeah, I know...I was using the term loosely...On the bright side, we'll have a better chance at landing a few decent O-lineman through the draft...

Well, we were consistant. We started this season the way we ended it. We were expecting a win both times.

This is going to be a long off-season.

ArlingtonTexan said:
...IMO, 8-10 sacks has been caused by this not just poor o-line blocking.
Haven't see this pocket you're speaking of. The pressure is coming from the middle of the field.

In retrospect, we let the Browns hang around and gain confidence in the second quarter and we just didn't step up and smack them. Second half looked a lot like a phone in order. Particularly the o-line. Real problems there starting from the inside.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

A truly gutless performance to end the season.

You guys have a nice offseason. Maybe Daddy Bob will shake things up and we can see some decent game planning next year. If not, I guess we'll have another season of this garbage. Hey, at least we're not Browns fans... or would that be a good thing?

My chances of watching the Texans play the Broncos next year just went out the window. Now we're stuck not watching them play the Chiefs! I agree with most of the posters here -- something needs to be done with that O-line and it needs to be done swiftly and heavy-handed. David can't do anything if he's on his back or running for his life out there.

Well... that's a wrap. 7-9 on the season. 2 game improvement over last season.

Am I mad? That's an understatement.
Optimistic for next season? As a fan always. Anything can happen on any given Sunday or Monday in the NFL. Offense needs more improvements - uyilizize the tight end, :hairpull: THROW THE DAMN BALL MORE and utilizing the wide receivers, mix it up some on defense as opposed to sticking w/ the 3-4 scheme.
Coaching staff changes???? HMMMMMMMM........ :hmmm: well considering the coach is not out on the field playing the game, he should be doing a better job of calling the plays from the sideline. To take it a step further how about drawing up some better plays that will utilize the players that will make an impact.

TexaninDenver said:
My chances of watching the Texans play the Broncos next year just went out the window. Now we're stuck not watching them play the Chiefs!
Please clarify ? Do we or do we not play the Chiefs next year ?

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
I have one question ,just curious, are you really a Texan fan?

Absolutely. Being a fan does not entail apologizing for them. Today, Carr was horrible. The line was bad also, but Carr played a terrible game. If I was there I would have cheered for a QB change also.

As a team, they stunk it up in quite a few games this year. They played very inconsistently and failed to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball. They failed to beat a good team (no I don't consider JAX a good team) and lost to several bad teams. They were unmotivated, unprepared and emberrassed on several occassions. The defense was terrible the first half of the year and the offense the second half, which pretty much epitomized their inconsistent season. And they were a losing team again. Fan or not, those are just facts.

On the positive side, the record and stats were better. There were also several moral victories like sweeping the Jagoffs and Tacks. Maybe this season is something to build off of, I sure hope so. But I can't say definitively that there was a lot of progress. Hopefully next year will not resemble this year in any way.

It's a shame that our last memory of the season will be today's gutless effort.

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
I was just wondering because most of your post are the glass is half empty rather than half full.

Is the glass half full? It looks half empty from what I have seen this year. That doesn't mean I am not a fan and don't want the team to do everything possible to get better.

I had several positive posts this week. Just because I won't apologize or defend their mediocrity, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

I was at the game....and damn,u talk about boos,they were loud when the Texans offense screwed up. The Defense did its job in the Red Zone,but before CLE got in the redzone...we couldnt do much when it came to getting pressure on Holcomb,some bad coverages,etc. Kind of a bad way to go out,but 7-9,I'll take. Next year,we all will give this team hell after a bad loss,I hope the Texans are ready for it,lol. Good season,just a bad ending...but I can't get mad,only cuz Vince Young did his thing last night by leading the Horns to victory,otherwise,i'd REALLY be po'ed.

2002 - 4-12
2003 - 5-11
2004 - 7-9
2005 - 10-6 :heh:

and now we know what these teams fans felt like
Dallas
Jacksonville
N.Y Giants
PIttsburgh

Miami
Jacksonville
Carolina
Buffalo
Atlanta

All those teams fans felt the same way as we do now

7-9 is at the low end of the expected range (7-9 to 9-7). There were two games that we SHOULD have won that got away from us, this one and Detroit. There were a couple of games we COULD have won, but were not the expected ones like the Vikes and GB. And there was at least one that at the beginning of the season was chalked up as a loss, KC. Given all of that, we are about were most expected us to be, but went out on a bad note. Hopefully they come back next year with a chip on thier collective shoulders about how they ended and wind up with 3-4 more wins than this year.

Back