Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Cleveland at Houston

The offensive line can't pass block against a terrible Browns team...Carr knows it and bails from the pocket very fast. He is weak at finding receivers when he's scrambling.

The Boos are well deserved!

Texans Pride said:
He can't throw the ball he's running around like crazy out there. The line isn't giving him any time.
All he has to do is chunk it towards the end zone. You can do that while you are running.

I'm not talking about when the rush comes up the middle. But when the ends come around and get pushed deep he should step up and not run back.

TexSon said:
All he has to do is chunk it towards the end zone. You can do that while you are running.

Ok, chunck it into the endzone to who? The play hasn't even had enough time to develop....There's noone even open before Carr is getting ready to get hit.

And our mr. aj has dropped two huge balls so far!

Hey, at least the Browns came to play and--besides- the score is right
where Caper's wants it-- you don't score, we won't score, last team with
the ball wins!! Of course, that will only work if the other team doesn't
try to score! Another bright side, what if their 3 scores had been touchdowns? We're in good shape---everything is going to change in the
second half... :banana:

TO ANYBODY. It's the last play of the half- you throw it up there and hope somebody can make a play. No matter what the result of the throw it is better than running out of bounds as time expires.

TexSon said:
TO ANYBODY. It's the last play of the half- you throw it up there and hope somebody can make a play. No matter what the result of the throw it is better than running out of bounds as time expires.

Well said end of story.

AndreJ said:
I'm not talking about when the rush comes up the middle. But when the ends come around and get pushed deep he should step up and not run back.

But they aren't getting pushed deep...they are running over our o-line right at him...the only direction to go is backwards...

TexSon said:

Last play of the half, yes, I can see that. But I am talking about the first half as a whole. He has had no time for a route to develop for him to take an opportunity.

I have been counting off the time on the pass plays and David is taking off after 2-3 seconds. He is in effect limmiting his time to throw to that. The early sacks have made him quick to run, not to mention the line not holding anyone.

TexanTom said:
But they aren't getting pushed deep...they are running over our o-line right at him...the only direction to go is backwards...

I'm not saying every time there has been a pass rush. But their have been from what i can remember atleast 2 times where he did that...... thats a wonderful way to start the half....... oh damn yes it is i was talking about the kickoff, beatiful pick.

Does anybody else want to argue the merits of this field as opposed to Field Turf now? This field is garbage.

Radio says they will buy an entire new field of turf... so they will in effect have 2 and 1/2 fields of turf total. Good news for the grass fans.

3 and out.

I still like football played on Earth. I still like the game better on dirt than turf.

Texans Pride said:
What the hell....This offense is doing nothing right now?

I blame it all on the O-Line. They are playing like **** right now. We oughta just run the ball every damn down. That was the only time we moved the ball. Carr dropping back aint working.

And just think, the third quarter is one of our worst statistically for scoring. That something to look forward to.

Getting 2 turnovers at the opponents 40 or so and getting no points is poor offense play.

2 gifts to Offense in Cleveland territory by way of interceptions and they convert to zipo - did Capers say the way you end the season is what's most important - he may very well regret ever having said that.

AndreJ said:
I blame it all on the O-Line. They are playing like **** right now. We oughta just run the ball every damn down. That was the only time we moved the ball. Carr dropping back aint working.
I completley agree with you

Back