Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE NICK CASERIO!!!

Caserio isn't qualified IMO.

He as just an operations guy. That's why the search firm didn't recommend him and only the Panthers also tinterviewed him for GM. There were 5 open GM spots.

He as just an operations guy. That's why the search firm didn't recommend him and only the Panthers also interviewed him for GM. There were 5 open GM spots.

Yet the firm did recommend Louis Riddick who’s only experience in a front office is as a scout and that was a decade ago and Matt Bazirgan who was just the director player personal. In fact looking at the list of recommendations the only one worth considering was Khan.

I would think you would be overjoyed Cal ignored them seeing as they are the ones that recommended OB as the HC. By the way Caserio was interviewed for Miami GM position a few years before and turned it down. Since then the only team that has been able to even get him to talk about leaving NE has been the Texans.

Yet the firm did recommend Louis Riddick who’s only experience in a front office is as a scout and that was a decade ago and Matt Bazirgan who was just the director player personal. In fact looking at the list of recommendations the only one worth considering was Khan.

I would think you would be overjoyed Cal ignored them seeing as they are the ones that recommended OB as the HC. By the way Caserio was interviewed for Miami GM position a few years before and turned it down. Since then the only team that has been able to even get him to talk about leaving NE has been the Texans.

I agree the riddick interview was bizarre.

Omar Khan has also had several gm interviews in previous years

I think so, yes. Because he was actually involved in roster building, the draft, trades, the salary cap, etc. Caserio was not.

How do you know? NE is notorious about how secret they are on who does what. Whenever anyone asks it’s always BB that did it but that’s way to much for one man, any man. Also of everyone that has left NE Caserio is they only one they fought to keep so clearly they thought he had some value.

He as just an operations guy. That's why the search firm didn't recommend him and only the Panthers also tinterviewed him for GM. There were 5 open GM spots.

The fact he was the only guy BB wouldn't let out of his contract should speak volumes but it wont. The reason he only interviewed for 2 GM jobs is Cuck made him the 3rd highest paid GM in the NFL. There was no reason to interview with other franchises. Cal didn't let NC get out the door. Right or wrong Cuck was out of character and very decisive in the NC hire. Because he had been chasing NC for 15 months and his dad was chasing NC before that.

With DW4 likely gone lets hope Cuck got the NC hire right. He's basically going to be rebuilding an expansion team but he should have a boatload of picks to rebuild with.

Good to see you back, aren't you and The Matrix our resident haters of all things Foxboro and BB?

Last edited:
How do you know? NE is notorious about how secret they are on who does what. Whenever anyone asks it’s always BB that did it but that’s way to much for one man, any man. Also of everyone that has left NE Caserio is they only one they fought to keep so clearly they thought he had some value.

Sorry, I didn't see this post.

Because that's what's been reported.

If it's secretive, then the best we can say is we don't know what Caserio did.

Also, they just let him leave to the Texans

The fact he was the only guy BB wouldn't let out of his contract should speak volumes but it wont. The reason he only interviewed for 2 GM jobs is Cuck made him the 3rd highest paid GM in the NFL. There was no reason to interview with other franchises. Cal didn't let NC get out the door. Right or wrong Cuck was out of character and very decisive in the NC hire. Because he had been chasing NC for 15 months and his dad was chasing NC before that.

With DW4 likely gone lets hope Cuck got the NC hire right. He's basically going to be rebuilding an expansion team but he should have a boatload of picks to rebuild with.

Good to see you back, aren't you and The Matrix our resident haters of all things Foxboro and BB?

I think if the only reason we are hiring him is because BB didn't let him out of his contract early, we're taking a poor approach to hiring a GM.

I think if the only reason we are hiring him is because BB didn't let him out of his contract early, we're taking a poor approach to hiring a GM.

They wanted to hire him over 18 months ago. This isn't a case of they want to hire him because BB wouldn't let him go.

I cant wait to see your reaction when the Texans trade DW4 and are inevitably bad next yr. BTW, this is going to happen with or without DW4. The rebuild needs to begin.

Because that's what's been reported.

If it's secretive, then the best we can say is we don't know what Caserio did.

Also, they just let him leave to the Texans

That is not the case at all on either of those points. They didn't let him just leave to the Texans, when he signed his new contract he had a clause added that if he was offered a GM position he could leave without penalty to himself or his new team. So even though they knew there was a high chance he would leave they still wanted to keep him as long as possible. You said its been reported, where was it reported because everything I've read about Caserio in NE was he was BB's right hand and the guy with his finger in all the pies in NE from contracts to drafting to even throwing passes to receivers on the practice field. Fact is Caserio has been one of the most sought after guys to be a GM for years now and no not just by us, we just went further than anyone else to actually hire him.

They wanted to hire him over 18 months ago. This isn't a case of they want to hire him because BB wouldn't let him go.

I cant wait to see your reaction when the Texans trade DW4 and are inevitably bad next yr. BTW, this is going to happen with or without DW4. The rebuild needs to begin.

I know they wanted to hire him over 18 months ago.

It's the McNair way to pre decide who they hire

That is not the case at all on either of those points. They didn't let him just leave to the Texans, when he signed his new contract he had a clause added that if he was offered a GM position he could leave without penalty to himself or his new team. So even though they knew there was a high chance he would leave they still wanted to keep him as long as possible. You said its been reported, where was it reported because everything I've read about Caserio in NE was he was BB's right hand and the guy with his finger in all the pies in NE from contracts to drafting to even throwing passes to receivers on the practice field. Fact is Caserio has been one of the most sought after guys to be a GM for years now and no not just by us, we just went further than anyone else to actually hire him.

I've read that he was mostly in operations, not involved with building the roster or managing the salary cap.

Khan's main job was to build the roster

It's the McNair way to pre decide who they hire
I was disappointed when I learned Cal had never spoken to Caserio. I’ve got to believe Bob was familiar with him some way or another because the Texans definitely wanted Caserio. Long before Easterby was a glint in their eye.

Hating on excellence

Typical Texan fan, Cant beat them, gotta hate them

I hope just like the Pats org the Texans will begin to do whatever is necessary to win a championship.
nah, we been over this for years. You don't think morals are important in sports, an anything goes, no matter what a player does off field, you ain't cheating- you ain't trying.

My belief system is over all my life not just here and there.

nah, we been over this for years. You don't think morals are important in sports, an anything goes, no matter what a player does off field, you ain't cheating- you ain't trying.

Sports aren't real life, they're entertainment.

I dont relate my morals to what a football team or what its players do in their off time. It must be killing you seeing teams that just put the best players on the field and dont have some wacky moral code winning championships. You need to hang out with Janice and Cal, the Texans cant win but I'm sure you will have a great gameday in a Sunday school kind of way experience.

I didn’t see the Patriots take a swipe at Hunt or Hill. They obviously have a line somewhere.

Sports aren't real life, they're entertainment.

I dont relate my morals to what a football team or what its players do in their off time. It must be killing you seeing teams that just put the best players on the field and dont have some wacky moral code winning championships. You need to hang out with Janice and Cal, the Texans cant win but I'm sure you will have a great gameday in a Sunday school kind of way experience.
This post exemplifies why you and I are so far apart. Sports are a modicum of life at least for me. I do not watch Texans mostly for wins and not everything is "okay" for that end result. I realize it is for you. Life is entertaining and very so for me. I find thrills, excitement and joy daily and often yell at things I see, in frustration and excitement as in a game of sports. Sports as life is about competitiveness among other things. My natural not enhanced best against another person.

If I condone, look the other way or simply ignore what anyone does in their lives when it negatively impacts something I have investment in then I am being untrue to myself and my faith. In answer to your "killing me comment"; no it doesn't give me much pause other than a shake of my head when teams cheat like the Pats or Astros or the guys I used to play against in water volleyball. Wrong is wrong and coloring it in any manner changes it not.

A moral code is never wacky. One just chooses to have them or not. A thief is a thief and a liar a liar and a cheat a cheat. Sports or any job or anything else for that matter doesn't change that. I would enjoy "hanging" with the McNairs to discuss Christianity or the mistakes they have made (IMO) with this team; one does not preclude the other. Christians can allow other Christians to mislead or confuse them. What I know of Easterby and to be fair it is minimal other than second and sometimes third hand from others thoughts or 'experiences'; is he used his faith to benefit himself at the expense of the team. That is not Christian. I do not let another Christian's or any other for that matter actions or words change what I know is right.

I do not go to Sunday school but I do enjoy Bible study, life groups and Men's groups as much as Texans games & do not have to give up either. I do not lay down my faith when it becomes a stumbling block to my desires.

There's going to be a lot of gray in adhering to a moral code as an NFL owner and there's no such thing as a team that doesn't have some type of code when hiring talent. Ray Rice can tell you about that. But where's the line? I was rooting for Michael Vick and was proud of the Eagles for bringing him back. Don't people deserve a 2nd chance? If the reports are true about Hopkins being traded because of baby mama's, I'd say that that was way across the line. You expect every one of your 20 something players to be in a monogamous relationship? Seems super silly. Are you going to hire a PI to find out if any of your guys gamble, have too many baby mama's, smoke a little weed, etc. etc? That shouldn't be your concern. These are adult human beings that you're hiring and it's not your job as an NFL owner to babysit, it's your job to win football games. As long as they stay out of trouble with the law, it shouldn't concern you as the owner. And even if they've had run in's with the law, you should be able to exercise discretion like in the Michael Vick situation and give people a chance to redeem themselves. You're operating an NFL team, not a church. Judge a player by whether they share your team first attitude, not your morality.

There's going to be a lot of gray in adhering to a moral code as an NFL owner and there's no such thing as a team that doesn't have some type of code when hiring talent. Ray Rice can tell you about that. But where's the line? I was rooting for Michael Vick and was proud of the Eagles for bringing him back. Don't people deserve a 2nd chance? If the reports are true about Hopkins being traded because of baby mama's, I'd say that that was way across the line. You expect every one of your 20 something players to be in a monogamous relationship? Seems super silly. Are you going to hire a PI to find out if any of your guys gamble, have too many baby mama's, smoke a little weed, etc. etc? That shouldn't be your concern. These are adult human beings that you're hiring and it's not your job as an NFL owner to babysit, it's your job to win football games. As long as they stay out of trouble with the law, it shouldn't concern you as the owner. And even if they've had run in's with the law, you should be able to exercise discretion like in the Michael Vick situation and give people a chance to redeem themselves. You're operating an NFL team, not a church. Judge a player by whether they share your team first attitude, not your morality.
I would not in most situations hire an investigator or be concerned about a players possible off field activities unless I become aware of it. IOW, I would not go looking but if a police report, or an accusation as a fight in bar or wife or g'friend for abuse I would sit up and pay attention but wait for legal completion unlike the NFL.

I am not operating a team. I am owning a team that is a business and reflection of me. I would not own a convenience store and hire a person who assaults his significant other. If the mother of my QB expressed her desire that Hopkins was leading my son into 'debauchery' my word as I understand what happened, I would have told Deann "you need to talk with your son as it is not my job to eliminate whom he hangs with. He is an adult."

People should be forgiven but not always given a second chance as much goes into that and whom is offering the second chance.

If Easterby was following players as was alleged, I think that was way out of line and I doubt he was instructed to do so.

Max you seem to be saying McNairs should not be judging their employees and employees are exactly what they are yet you are judging the McNairs. The McNairs are not your employees. I feel an employer has right to judge employees on what they do in their off time if what employee does effects/impacts the owner or that business or other employees role in said business.

This post exemplifies why you and I are so far apart. Sports are a modicum of life at least for me. I do not watch Texans mostly for wins and not everything is "okay" for that end result. I realize it is for you. Life is entertaining and very so for me. I find thrills, excitement and joy daily and often yell at things I see, in frustration and excitement as in a game of sports. Sports as life is about competitiveness among other things. My natural not enhanced best against another person.

If I condone, look the other way or simply ignore what anyone does in their lives when it negatively impacts something I have investment in then I am being untrue to myself and my faith. In answer to your "killing me comment"; no it doesn't give me much pause other than a shake of my head when teams cheat like the Pats or Astros or the guys I used to play against in water volleyball. Wrong is wrong and coloring it in any manner changes it not.

A moral code is never wacky. One just chooses to have them or not. A thief is a thief and a liar a liar and a cheat a cheat. Sports or any job or anything else for that matter doesn't change that. I would enjoy "hanging" with the McNairs to discuss Christianity or the mistakes they have made (IMO) with this team; one does not preclude the other. Christians can allow other Christians to mislead or confuse them. What I know of Easterby and to be fair it is minimal other than second and sometimes third hand from others thoughts or 'experiences'; is he used his faith to benefit himself at the expense of the team. That is not Christian. I do not let another Christian's or any other for that matter actions or words change what I know is right.

I do not go to Sunday school but I do enjoy Bible study, life groups and Men's groups as much as Texans games & do not have to give up either. I do not lay down my faith when it becomes a stumbling block to my desires.

Sports and what other people do affect my faith in any way. Why do other professional athletes and what they do affect your morals or faith?

I'm sorry you relate sports to the real world.

Sports is entertainment and winning is entertaining. Watching the Texans lose to a team that you dont want on the team by being outscored 51-7 wasn't very entertaining. Are saying you wouldn't root for the Texans if the same players that sre on the Chiefs were on the Texans. BTW, did you enjoy the Luv Ya Blue days? Those players certainly weren't choir boys.

I guess you dont believe in 2nd chances. Man I'm glad not everybody believes like you do, or my life would've turned out much differently.

Last edited:
Let's make this simple. Would you hire a person who had too many baby mama's? If not, I don't think owning an NFL team should be your line of work.
But it isn't that simple. Hop wasn't traded because he had too many but how he acted with them around team and more significantly Watson. Deann was upset. It has been presented frequently that she and her son have very close relationship. She saw Deshaun dump his long term GF for Jilly and he began to act out a bit in HER opinion. Just my two cents but I think she tried to talk with him but he "awe mom. I'm just having fun!" Momma W is a strong Christian (it isn't just McNairs, Easterby and me.)and frustrated eventually she went to Janice another Christian mom of a son with access to oodles of millions. She asked for help and we see the result. Should Mrs. McNair have told her to handle her son? Should she have not allowed Obrien to swing in the wind?Doesn't matter now. She didn't and then she did.
I think you are making a mistake by wanting an owner of an NFL team to do what you perceive should be done. We are fans and just that. We get to give our $ to them and think that buys us a seat at the big table. It only allows us to gripe and proclaim what we would do.

But it isn't that simple. Hop wasn't traded because he had too many but how he acted with them around team and more significantly Watson. Deann was upset. It has been presented frequently that she and her son have very close relationship. She saw Deshaun dump his long term GF for Jilly and he began to act out a bit in HER opinion. Just my two cents but I think she tried to talk with him but he "awe mom. I'm just having fun!" Momma W is a strong Christian (it isn't just McNairs, Easterby and me.)and frustrated eventually she went to Janice another Christian mom of a son with access to oodles of millions. She asked for help and we see the result. Should Mrs. McNair have told her to handle her son? Should she have not allowed Obrien to swing in the wind?Doesn't matter now. She didn't and then she did.
I think you are making a mistake by wanting an owner of an NFL team to do what you perceive should be done. We are fans and just that. We get to give our $ to them and think that buys us a seat at the big table. It only allows us to gripe and proclaim what we would do.

Is there a link to this information? It's very possible I am that far behind the times, I wasn't aware the mother's spoke to one another.

Is there a link to this information? It's very possible I am that far behind the times, I wasn't aware the mother's spoke to one another.
Of course there is no link to a private conversation between two people. Only information that has been presented by more than one on this message board. Take it for what you think it's worth. It has been voiced in various threads concerning Watson and Bill O'Brien for a long time. For me, it is the only thing that connects all the dots. Including giving away a star wide receiver for a pack of bubblegum. Some of us allowed our emotions Bill O'Brien to blame him for everything Including the toilet paper stuck to our own shoes. Each of us get to gather information and allow it to form our opinions and comments.

The McNairs will never earn a championship if they continue to judge other people's cultures and lifestyles through their very narrow prism of perception.

They should at least be honest about it with their customers (i.e. fans) instead of hiding like snakes in the grass and concealing their true motives like football charlatans.

Has there ever been a rookie GM tasked with more than Nick Caserio? No 1st or 2nd round picks. No cap space. Deciding who to cut/trade/renegotiate to get under the cap. Handling a city's hero and future hall of famer's potential exit gracefully. Hiring a HC. Star QB potential holdout. Testing the market to see what the value for that QB is. Potentially trading or sitting said QB. Fan pressure to get rid of a good buddy that brought you to the organization. Did I miss anything? Forget rookie, has there ever been a veteran GM tasked with more?

Of course there is no link to a private conversation between two people. Only information that has been presented by more than one on this message board. Take it for what you think it's worth. It has been voiced in various threads concerning Watson and Bill O'Brien for a long time. For me, it is the only thing that connects all the dots. Including giving away a star wide receiver for a pack of bubblegum. Some of us allowed our emotions Bill O'Brien to blame him for everything Including the toilet paper stuck to our own shoes. Each of us get to gather information and allow it to form our opinions and comments.
Okay. I'll play.
So, the two moms got together and concocted a trade to do what was best for the team and son(s). Yet, their sons are now in a public spate and they cannot bring their two sons together to resolve their differences?

Okay. I'll play.
So, the two moms got together and concocted a trade to do what was best for the team and son(s). Yet, their sons are now in a public spate and they cannot bring their two sons together to resolve their differences?

Not the team and not the (s)

Deann Watson called Mrs McNair saying that she does not know how to help her son whose behavior has changed recently. " he is acting just like that friend of his DeAndre Hopkins. And I don't like it and do not know how to help him. This behavior is not the way I raised him . What do you suggest?"

Janice sees DeShaun as the future and the face of the team that she and her husband co-founded.

She tells Cal to get rid of that troublemaker. Cal tells a stunned O'Brien what mama said. Bill stutters, hesitates and says well give me a couple of weeks to put a package together and start contacting teams.

Cal replies no dump him now.

Fast forward to DeShaun agent trying to hustle him to New York City. Cal is upset after taking the fans tsunami of destain that DeShaun has grabbed his hundred and sixty million and is complaining about Culture. Cal thinks his family and the team sacrificed greatly to help out Deann Watson only to see her son wanting to walk. Then DW vacations in Mexico popping out cryptic tweets no one understands but by not picking up his phone continues to make the Texans look crappy.

Cal McNair needs no help with that.

Deann Watson called Mrs McNair saying that she does not know how to help her son whose behavior has changed recently. " he is acting just like that friend of his DeAndre Hopkins. And I don't like it and do not know how to help him. This behavior is not the way I raised him . What do you suggest?"

Janice sees DeShaun as the future and the face of the team that she and her husband co-founded.

She tells Cal to get rid of that troublemaker. Cal tells a stunned O'Brien what mama said. Bill stutters, hesitates and says well give me a couple of weeks to put a package together and start contacting teams.

Fast forward to DeShaun agent trying to hustle him to New York City. Cal is upset after taking the fans tsunami of destain that DeShaun has grabbed his hundred and sixty million and is complaining about Culture. Cal thinks his family and the team sacrificed greatly to help out Deann Watson only to see her son wanting to walk. Then DW vacations in Mexico popping out cryptic tweets no one understands but by not picking up his phone continues to make the Texans look crappy.

Janice, Janice, Janice. Please sell this team.

Has there ever been a rookie GM tasked with more than Nick Caserio? No 1st or 2nd round picks. No cap space. Deciding who to cut/trade/renegotiate to get under the cap. Handling a city's hero and future hall of famer's potential exit gracefully. Hiring a HC. Star QB potential holdout. Testing the market to see what the value for that QB is. Potentially trading or sitting said QB. Fan pressure to get rid of a good buddy that brought you to the organization. Did I miss anything? Forget rookie, has there ever been a veteran GM tasked with more?

Future HOF'er?

I thought you were talking about DW4 in that post.

Probably, but there's a chance he's not a 1st ballot guy because he didn't do it long enough to be a 1st ballot guy.
I guess 1st ballot isn't a given. I was looking at all time sack leaders the other day and it's amazing how many of them were still 10+ sack guys into their late 30's. Right now, I'd say that JJ doesn't look like he can return to that, but it would be nice to see him get somewhere where he's used more as a situational pass rusher where he can maybe get back to 10+ territory.

How do we know this?

That narrative has a hole in it. O'Brien was trying to trade Hopkins a year earlier. Brian Gaine laughed at the suggestion. In fact, Hopkins was trade fodder as soon as Jack Easterby entered the building. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Back