Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE NICK CASERIO!!!

The Texans don't pay for the S2 scores. So for this scheme to work someone who paid for the info had to be in collusion with the Texans to give them the scores. Or the Texans went full on corporate spy & stole the S2 results.
To me the team most likely to have put out the 18 score for Stroud was the Colts. Hoping that the Texans would pass on him and he would fall to 4. It even could have been the Panthers themselves so that taking Young would look better

As far as the misdirection goes, everything I have heard indicates that Hannah is the queen of sneaky moves. I would not at all be surprised to learn that last April, she treated one of her and Cal's's fellow owners, like a rube at a carnival booth at the local county fair.

I do not believe that she is evaluating the draft prospects herself, she would leave that to the "football" people. All I am saying, is that after Caserio and crew, tell her and Cal, who they want, she starts screaming (in conjugation with Nick and Cal of course) on how they can best accomplish getting those players. Everything I seen about the woman shouts that she lives by the motto "If you aint' cheating, then you are not try hard enough", thus I believe that she was probably behind the leaked S2 score ploy (if that really happened).

That’s puts her on the same level of those football people. No to McCown, didn’t acknowledge Watson, and yes to Demeco and Stroud.

More than what we can say for the football people.

She is more than just “lucky.”

:hankpalm:…hope u guys are joking with all this. The Texans had a PR nightmare on their hands for a year and a half that was extended another year when they fired Culley after only 1 year. They needed a makeover in not only the fans’ eyes, but also in the media’s. I’m sure they had internal meetings about this as well as the NFL telling them they needed to do something. This is where Hannah comes in and all she really is………polished public speaking arm candy brought in to help Cal & the Texans change their image from racist organization continuously losing institutional control b/c it’s run by a disconnected buffoon…………to a fan-centered team run by a wholesome & lovable family man.

She ain’t making no kind of decision or exercising any power in this teams’ actual football decisions…other than telling Cal what camera and mic to look at & speak in.

She was here when all the other fuckery was going on the last few years. Her “rise” is just a coincidence b/c it coincides with this team finally coming out of the doldrums of the DW4 saga.

To me the team most likely to have put out the 18 score for Stroud was the Colts. Hoping that the Texans would pass on him and he would fall to 4. It even could have been the Panthers themselves so that taking Young would look better

most likely scenario if it was a team. I tend to believe it was Young’s team who put that out b/c he’s literally the only guy who benefits from Stroud falling.

I tend to believe it was Young’s team who put that out b/c he’s literally the only guy who benefits from Stroud falling.
Except that it wouldn't affect the Panthers as they already had the scores. Unless the Panthers wanted it put out there knowing Tepper was likely to insist on Young

Except that it wouldn't affect the Panthers as they already had the scores. Unless the Panthers wanted it put out there knowing Tepper was likely to insist on Young

This is true, I just think it was purely a play by Young’s agent/team to tip the scales for him to be drafted 1st. Remember at 1 point Stroud was thought to be the #1 guy, then it turned to 1A and 1b. Stroud was either equal or better than him with pretty much everything. Young’s team needed an edge over him so I think they put that out and let the public critique influence Tepper.

But then too it’s funny b/c I’ve been on the Panthers MB here and there all year seeing how fans are feeling about Young…& there are some fans there who believe that Tepper’s wife was a little too involved with the decision to draft Young…..Sort of the “anti-Hannah” lol.

1703207881549.jpeg

For the record, the did the same thing with CJ as well.

This is true, I just think it was purely a play by Young’s agent/team to tip the scales for him to be drafted 1st. Remember at 1 point Stroud was thought to be the #1 guy, then it turned to 1A and 1b. Stroud was either equal or better than him with pretty much everything. Young’s team needed an edge over him so I think they put that out and let the public critique influence Tepper.

But then too it’s funny b/c I’ve been on the Panthers MB here and there all year seeing how fans are feeling about Young…& there are some fans there who believe that Tepper’s wife was a little too involved with the decision to draft Young…..Sort of the “anti-Hannah” lol.

View attachment 13266

For the record, the did the same thing with CJ as well.

I freely admit that you maybe right about the Young's agent being the one that leaked the S2 scores. Because besides the Texans, the 'Young Camp" was the only other player in this game that benefited nearly as much as the Texans did by having CJ's draft stock drop.

As I said in an earlier post: "In a business deal, if you want to see behind a action, always start looking at those who benefits the most from that action". In the S2 leak, the two groups that absolutely benefited most from that leak, were the Texans and Bryce Young's agent.

I said at the beginning of my "S2 leak" post that I had no proof of my "S2 leak theory" other than it fit. So you maybe right.

None of this "who leaked the S2 score" nonsense (which is fun, but i have no proof of), should take away from the fact that there is good circumstantial evidence the Texans were all in on CJ Stroud all the way back in February, because of the Jerrod Johnson hiring (see my post from yesterday).

Except that Johnson worked with Ryans in San Franciso and Ryans needed a QB coach.
I think you are thinking of Slowick the OC, who did work with Demeco at the 49er's.

Jerrod Johnson, the Texans QB coach, never worked for the 49er's. Jerrod Johnson had been the assistant QB with the Vikings in 2022, and a Offensive Quality Control assistant with the Colts in 2021. He had never really worked in the Kubiak/Shannahan Offensive System before this year.

But what he had, that no one else had, was significant experience in personally coaching up one CJ Stroud. Read my post from yesterday to get the full story.

I think you are thinking of Slowick the OC, who did work with Demeco at the 49er's.

Jerrod Johnson, the Texans QB coach, never worked for the 49er's. Jerrod Johnson had been the assistant QB with the Vikings in 2022, and a Offensive Quality Control assistant with the Colts in 2021. He had never really worked in the Kubiak/Shannahan Offensive System before this year.

But what he had, that no one else had, was significant experience in personally coaching up one CJ Stroud. Read my post from yesterday to get the full story.
He was with the 49ers in 2017 under the Bill Walsh coaching diversity program when Ryans was there. Also O'Connell and Shanahan know each other well. Your story is plausible, but not the only possibility.

Let us also consider that with the Watson saga, the reign of OB and the Easterby madness we finally got enough bad luck that to restore balance the universe was forced to send some good luck our way.

He was with the 49ers in 2017 under the Bill Walsh coaching diversity program when Ryans was there. Also O'Connell and Shanahan know each other well. Your story is plausible, but not the only possibility.
I grant you that there is a tenuous 2017 coaching cross over between DeMeco (Defensive Quality Control) and Jerrod Johnson (Bill Walsh coaching diversity program). I had not seen that connection before you brought to my attention, so good detective work.

But I still hold that the 2019 Elite 11 Camp Coach/Player connection between Jerrod Johnson and CJ Stroud, that had a MAJOR impact on CJ's football career, is a much stronger and significant connection. And that the pre-existing Coach/Player connection between Johnson and Stroud, should not be overlooked when trying to suss out what was going on behind the scenes in the Texans Front Office, in the period leading up to the 2023 NFL draft.

I grant you that there is a tenuous 2017 coaching cross over between DeMeco (Defensive Quality Control) and Jerrod Johnson (Bill Walsh coaching diversity program). I had not seen that connection before you brought to my attention, so good detective work.

But I still hold that the 2019 Elite 11 Camp Coach/Player connection between Jerrod Johnson and CJ Stroud, that had a MAJOR impact on CJ's football career, is a much stronger and significant connection. And that the pre-existing Coach/Player connection between Johnson and Stroud, should not be overlooked when trying to suss out what going on behind the scenes in the Texans Front Office, during the period leading up to the 2023 NFL draft.
Still pretty sketchy to decide they hired him because they knew they would draft Stroud (or Stroud was their guy). And your MAJOR is a bit (lot) overstated

Still pretty sketchy to decide they hired him because they knew they would draft Stroud (or Stroud was their guy).
Jerrod Johnson received a Bill Walsh Diversity coaching fellowship from the 49ers in 2017. That is his connection to Ryans and Slowick and why he was able to get the Texans QB coaching gig.

BTW, Richardson and Young were also at the 2019 Elite camp.

Jerrod Johnson received a Bill Walsh Diversity coaching fellowship from the 49ers in 2017. That is his connection to Ryans and Slowick and why he was able to get the Texans QB coaching gig.

That’s cool and all but I think Nick and Hannah need to hand TB12 a blank check and let him take over CJ’s QB coaching. He did a hell of a job with Shedeur Sanders. CJ has also gone on record praising the advice/pointers from Tom Brady during the offseason. Imagine the difference it would make to have the GOAT actually mentoring CJ on a regular basis? Lawdy lawd….

That’s cool and all but I think Nick and Hannah need to hand TB12 a blank check and let him take over CJ’s QB coaching.
Brady has other irons in the fire. Brady still hasn't picked up his $375 million deal as FOX Sports lead NFL analyst. Then there is Brady's minority ownership with the Raiders yet to be approved. If CJ can get an annual lunch with Brady, that will have to suffice.

I agree that they were there, but Jerrod Johnson was CJ's coach. Not Richardson and not Young's. Watch the attached video from that camp starting at 14:32 mark, when they focus on CJ's team the "Savages". Evey where you see CJ, you see Jerrod Johnson. Those two were linked at the hip when CJ rose like a phoenix, and went from camp alternate invitee, to MVP of the Elite 11 Showcase camp. Based on that performance CJ was offered a scholarship at Ohio State. Before that camp he had no offers from any major programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree that they were there, but Jerrod Johnson was CJ's coach. Not Richardson and not Young's. Watch the attached video from that camp starting at 14:32 mark, when they focus on CJ's team the "Savages". Evey where you see CJ, you see Jerrod Johnson. Those two were linked at the hip when CJ rose like a phoenix, and went from camp alternate invitee, to MVP of the Elite 11 Showcase camp. Based on that performance CJ was offered a scholarship at Ohio State. Before that camp he had no offers from any major programs.

[/QUOTE]

So is Caserio getting fired? :confused:
I am starting a rumor that the Patriots will trade Belichick for two round ones and hire Caserio to be their GM. He will also have the role of owner whisperer as was Easterby. Tom Brady will be head coach.

By hiring Caserio, Patriots will give up their 2024 round one plus the two from BB to Texans.

More breaking news as it happens.

She should have left this up to the football people.

She didn't and got lucky.

So are you saying that anyone else who picked Stroud would not have been lucky?

Caserio picks him: not lucky, football person

Meco picks him: not lucky, football person

Hannah picks him: lucky, not a football person

You have to remember at the time no one expected Stroud to be what he turned out to be.

I agree with this point somewhat, but the man was consistently in the debate about who was going to be the #1 pick in the draft. While he exceeded expectations with one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, he was expected to be a franchise QB.

So are you saying that anyone else who picked Stroud would not have been lucky?

Caserio picks him: not lucky, football person

Meco picks him: not lucky, football person

Hannah picks him: lucky, not a football person

I agree with this point somewhat, but the man was consistently in the debate about who was going to be the #1 pick in the draft. While he exceeded expectations with one of the greatest rookie seasons ever, he was expected to be a franchise QB.
She went with what she fan council wanted. A QB, yes she got lucky this worked out.

She went with what she fan council wanted. A QB, yes she got lucky this worked out.
Agree to disagree.
Cal demanded a QB & his football people got him Brock Osweiller. Hanna demands a QB on behalf of Larry in Stafford & her football people got her Cj Stroud. I wouldn't call that luck. Just better football people.

Agree to disagree.
Cal demanded a QB & his football people got him Brock Osweiller. Hanna demands a QB on behalf of Larry in Stafford & her football people got her Cj Stroud. I wouldn't call that luck. Just better football people.

No, her football people didn't want Stroud. She got lucky.

:hankpalm:…hope u guys are joking with all this. The Texans had a PR nightmare on their hands for a year and a half that was extended another year when they fired Culley after only 1 year. They needed a makeover in not only the fans’ eyes, but also in the media’s. I’m sure they had internal meetings about this as well as the NFL telling them they needed to do something. This is where Hannah comes in and all she really is………polished public speaking arm candy brought in to help Cal & the Texans change their image from racist organization continuously losing institutional control b/c it’s run by a disconnected buffoon…………to a fan-centered team run by a wholesome & lovable family man.

She ain’t making no kind of decision or exercising any power in this teams’ actual football decisions…other than telling Cal what camera and mic to look at & speak in.

She was here when all the other fuckery was going on the last few years. Her “rise” is just a coincidence b/c it coincides with this team finally coming out of the doldrums of the DW4 saga.

The Texans FO has always operated like a board of directors. It was the way it was established by Bob McNair, simply because that was his background and it's what he was comfortable with.

None of that structure has changed. They still have a consensus building management style. Obviously, some folks have more power than others, like any corporate environment.

Like it or not, Hannah now sits in that boardroom. To what extent her perspectives and opinions influence things is speculation, but to act like she's nothing but eye candy is naive at best and straight up misogynistic bullshit at worst.

The Texans FO has always operated like a board of directors. It was the way it was established by Bob McNair, simply because that was his background and it's what he was comfortable with.

None of that structure has changed. They still have a consensus building management style. Obviously, some folks have more power than others, like any corporate environment.

Like it or not, Hannah now sits in that boardroom. To what extent her perspectives and opinions influence things is speculation, but to act like she's nothing but eye candy is naive at best and straight up misogynistic bullshit at worst.
Good thing is for the first time in franchise history the GM HC are on the same page, so there's no need for ownership to break the tie. The trade up to get WA is a great example of this.

I wouldn’t be opposed to demoting Slowik to an assistant coach to the OC.

CASERIO… needs a lifetime contract. The man is -the- god to Houston football right now.

"A football god"? No, but if you want to declare him the best Football GM Houston has had since Mike Holovak, then I can agree with you. Ever since Caserio has been freed from the evil spectator known as Jack Easerby, he has been on a roll.

Caserio's winning moves:

Cleaning up the Salary Cap Hell, The Easterby and O'brien Left the Texans in.

2021 Draft
NOTE: No 1st or 2nd round picks
Nico Collins 3rd
Bevin Jordan 5th

2022 Watson Trade
3 1sts (2022,2023,and 2024)
1 3rd (2023)
1 4th (2024)

2022 Draft
Derick Stingley 1st
Jalen Pitre 2nd
Christian Harris 3rd
Dameon Pierce 4th

2022 Free Agents
Steve Nelson
Maliek Collins
Desmond King III
Jerry Hughes

2022 Trades
Blake Cashman

2023 Hiring Demeco as Head Coach

2023 Draft

CJ Stroud 1st
Will Anderson 1st
Juice Scruggs 2nd
Tank Dell 3rd
Dylan Horton? 4th
Henry Toto 5th
Jared Patterson 6th
Xavier Hutchenson 6th

2023 Not letting your ego get in the way
NOT GETTING RID
of Steve Nelson when he ran his mouth like 99% of NFL GM's would have.

2023 Free Agents
Jimmy Ward
Dalton Schultz
Noah Brown
Sheldon Rankins
Devin Singltary
Denzel Perryman
George Fant

2023 Trades
Brandin Cooks
Josh Jones
Derick Green

2023 In Season Waiver Wire Pick Ups
Derick Barnett
Teiar Tart
Kareem Jackson

Good Scouting and Drafting, good Free Agent Pick Ups, good use of the Waiver Wire. And not letting your ego get in the way of good football decisions, is why I think Caserio has been an excellent GM.

Last edited:
"A football god"? No, but if you want to declare him the best Football GM Houston has had since Mike Holovak, then I can agree with you. Ever since Caserio has been freed from the evil spectator known as Jack Easerby, he has been on a roll.

Caserio's winning moves:

Cleaning up the Salary Cap Hell, The Easterby and O'brien Left the Texans in.

2021 Draft
Nico Collins 3rd
Bevin Jordan 5th

2022 Watson Trade
3 1sts (2022,2023,and 2024)
1 3rd (2023)
1 4th (2024)

2022 Draft
Derick Stingley 1st
Jalen Pitre 2nd
Christian Harris 3rd
Dameon Pierce 4th

2022 Free Agents
Stephen Nelson
Maliek Collins
Desmond King III
Jerry Hughes

2022 Trades
Blake Cashman

2023 Hiring Demeco as Head Coach

2023 Draft

CJ Stroud 1st
Will Anderson 1st
Juice Scruggs 2nd
Tank Dell 3rd
Dylan Horton? 4th
Henry Toto 5th
Jared Patterson 6th
Xavier Hutchenson 6th

2023 Not letting your ego get in the way
NOT GETTING RID
of Steve Nelson when he ran his mouth like 99% of NFL GM;s would have.

2023 Free Agents
Jimmy Ward
Dalton Schultz
Noah Brown
Sheldon Rankins
Devin Singltary
Denzel Perryman
George Fant

2023 Trades
Josh Jones
Derick Green

2023 In Season Waiver Wire Pick Ups
Derick Barnett
Teiar Tart
Kareem Jackson

Good Scouting and Drafting, good Free Agent Pick Ups, good use of the Waiver Wire. And not letting your ego get in the way of good football decisions, is why I think Caserio has been an excellent GM.
Yeah, but other than that...

I mean, Hutchinson was the 25th WR taken off the board at the back end of the 6th round with only 54 players taken after him in the entire draft.

Not sure what kind of miss you think that was, but calling that rookie a JAG isn't the insult to X or Caserio that you think it is.
But that doesn't mean they should be on a "best young talent in the league" list either.

Metchie and Hutch are JAGS, but NC has been on fire. Coaching matters!
It's not Caserio's fault Metchie got cancer and this is basically rookie yr. Seems as though he's lost his suddeness in and out of his breaks and that was his calling card at Alabama.

Hutchinson is who he is, a good depth piece, well worth a 6th rd pick. I see some of the same posters that didn't like Caserio are trying to discount his work. Waiting on Lucky to weigh in.

Absolutely not. TBH, based on where he was drafted, JAG is a rather appropriate description. But it certainly isn't the insult intended. To X's playing ability or Caserio's GM ability.
I was not trying to bang on Casserio, he was on fire in the draft and had a great FA. Just this dude calling them great young talent. These guys are not showing starter potential. Metchie is a great person and wish him well in life, but on the field he is a good teammate but not some special ascending talent. Hutch has some beasting skills, but so far nothing special either. Where Hutch was taken is not a fail, but he is not looking special like Tank. Patterson was taken in the sixth and showed starter capability, so that to me was a find.

It's not Caserio's fault Metchie got cancer and this is basically rookie yr. Seems as though he's lost his suddeness in and out of his breaks and that was his calling card at Alabama.

Hutchinson is who he is, a good depth piece, well worth a 6th rd pick. I see some of the same posters that didn't like Caserio are trying to discount his work. Waiting on Lucky to weigh in.

Where did Caserio’s biggest fan go? The poster that kept calling him a file clerk?

Back