Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE NICK CASERIO!!!

Maybe not Ryans specifically, but it was obvious we needed 2 years of a stopgap (or stopgaps) before we brought in a real franchise type coach because of the absolute cap and roster hell that OB's mismanagement had left us in.

I think the plan always was for Cully to be a "rebuild coach" just a calm, highly respected long term NFL guy to change the culture after the teapot days. The biggest reason Cully only lasted one year is because of Tim Kelly. Caserio had said there would be coaching changes and then right after Cully said no one was getting changed. Caserio didn't want a figure head that didn't act like a figure head so Cully was out. It was the hill that he chose to die on and so he did.

I think the plan always was for Cully to be a "rebuild coach" just a calm, highly respected long term NFL guy to change the culture after the teapot days. The biggest reason Cully only lasted one year is because of Tim Kelly. Caserio had said there would be coaching changes and then right after Cully said no one was getting changed. Caserio didn't want a figure head that didn't act like a figure head so Cully was out. It was the hill that he chose to die on and so he did.

Ironically enough Tim Kelly, protege of Bill O’Brein, took what he learned and kept pounding away with Derrick Henry for loses. Perplexed why doing the same thing over and over and over again wasn’t working.

Good job Tim.

Like I said previously - a lot of lingering demons exorcised.

WTF? Are you really trying to give that loser credit for drafting CJ instead of the guy that actually drafted him? You must have been part of that delusional group of people that claimed the Texans were a racist organization.
Yep, I've been more critical of the McNair's than anybody on this MB. But after the last 3 minority HC hires and the former GM being the godfather of Cal's kid, this has always been untrue and people who believed this were sheeple being lead around by the race baiting media.

Last edited:
Yep, I've been more critical of the McNair's than anybody on this MB. But after the last 3 minority HC hires and the former GM being the godfather of Cal's kid this has always been untrue and people who believed this were sheeple being lead around by the race baiting media.
I couldn’t agree more. I hated the fact that the mainstream/social media didn’t allow anyone that, and I quote, “ain’t look like them” to event comment on the bs, and would irresponsibly pump all these outrageous articles/videos:
IMG_9479.jpegIMG_9480.jpeg

IMG_9484.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tepper got us Stroud.
Yes sir you are correct, and it's so instructive: stay in your lane and let the experts make the important decisons for your organization, and just stay out of their way.
Tepper is arguably the most brilliant person on Wall Street and certainly one the most successful to the tune of about 18-20 billion $s, but he couldn't keep his ego under control when it came to deciding who is team was going to draft with their #1 overall pick this past April.

Yes sir you are correct, and it's so instructive: stay in your lane and let the experts make the important decisons for your organization, and just stay out of their way.
Tepper is arguably the most brilliant person on Wall Street and certainly one the most successful to the tune of about 18-20 billion $s, but he couldn't keep his ego under control when it came to deciding who is team was going to draft with their #1 overall pick this past April.

But Hannah made us pick Stroud over what the “experts” were saying.

You are missing the point which is that CJ isn't even on our Board if not for the David Tepper blunder.
I think that Caserio/Ryans were in on CJ Stroud from the very beginning of the Draft process. I also believe that the of leaking the S2 test results, absolutely came out of the Texans office (or maybe out of the McNair's house).

Why do I think these facts are true, you ask? If you pay close attention and follow the bread crumbs, there is a definite line of reasoning, that strongly suggests that CJ Stroud was the Texan's "GUY" all along.

After Demeco got hired the first thing he did was hire Bobby Slowick. Bobby Slowick is a card carrying cititzen of the Kubiackishannahanistanian Nation of offensive systems. But on the same day that they annouced Slowicks hiring (Feb 12th), they annouced the hiring of the Texans new QB coach Jerrod Johnson. So why did they hire Johnson along with Slowick? Jerrod Johnson basically had no experience in the Shannahan offensive system, he had been an assistant coach with the Colts and the Vikings, neither of which which ran the Shannahan offensive system. So why did they hire Jerrod rather than someone that already knew the system? Why did they hire a QB coach that had no experience with the offensive system that Slowick was going to run? This seems like a major disconnect.

So why hire Jerrod Johnson, even though Jerrod had no experience in the Shannahan system, he was a well thought of, up and coming coach. However, you could apply that same label "well thought of, up and coming coach" to a lot of other guy's in the NFL, so again why Jerrod Johnson?

The answer is very simple. Of all, of all the potential QB coaches that the Texans could have hired, Jerrod Johnson had something that absolutely no one else had. A history of personally coaching and improving CJ Stroud's QB skills and technique.

Jerrod's history with CJ goes back to CJ's High School days, back when CJ was thought of as a good, but not elite QB talent. There is an annual High School showcase QB competition called the "Elite 11". In 2019 CJ as a High School Senior, was not selected to attend the Elite 11 competition but instead was pick as an alternate. CJ at this time did not have any scholarship offer's from any big time schools. As it turned out one of the selected candidates suffered a late injury, and CJ was picked up as a participant. However they did not have a coach to handle CJ's squad. So the Elite 11 people, called a little known ex-Aggie QB by the name of Jerrod Johnson, and asked him if he would coach the the stray dog they had added to the participants. They thought that even though Jerrod was not a high profile QB coach, he was only coaching an alternate so what damage could be done. Well as it turns out under Jerrod's coaching tutelage, CJ Stroud the alternate, ended up as the Elite 11 MVP. Based on the Elite 11 Showcase results, CJ Stroud received a scholarship offer from Ohio State and the rest is history. Thus, Jerrod Johnson was a major influence on CJ Stoud's football career.

Now the whole point of this diatribe, is the fact that the Texans hired Jerrod Johnson as the new Texans QB Coach, all the way back on Feb 12th rather than any of the numerous Shannahan System guy's that they could have hired. Is strong circumstantial evidence that CJ Stroud was the Texans QB draft target all the way back on Feb 12th.

Yes this is only circumstantial evidence, as to what actually happened we will never know for sure until everyone retires. But the fact that they hired Jerrod Johnson as QB Coach out of no where, and then drafted CJ Stroud when no one had a clue they were considering CJ with the 2nd pick, seems awfully coincidental, considering the history those two had.

I think that Caserio/Ryans were in on CJ Stroud from the very beginning of the Draft process. I also believe that the of leaking the S2 test results, absolutely came out of the Texans office (or maybe out of the McNair's house).

Why do I think these facts are true, you ask? If you pay close attention and follow the bread crumbs, there is a definite line of reasoning, that strongly suggests that CJ Stroud was the Texan's "GUY" all along.

After Demeco got hired the first thing he did was hire Bobby Slowick. Bobby Slowick is a card carrying cititzen of the Kubiackishannahanistanian Nation of offensive systems. But on the same day that they annouced Slowicks hiring (Feb 12th), they annouced the hiring of the Texans new QB coach Jerrod Johnson. So why did they hire Johnson along with Slowick? Jerrod Johnson basically had no experience in the Shannahan offensive system, he had been an assistant coach with the Colts and the Vikings, neither of which which ran the Shannahan offensive system. So why did they hire Jerrod rather than someone that already knew the system? Why did they hire a QB coach that had no experience with the offensive system that Slowick was going to run? This seems like a major disconnect.

So why hire Jerrod Johnson, even though Jerrod had no experience in the Shannahan system, he was a well thought of, up and coming coach. However, you could apply that same label "well thought of, up and coming coach" to a lot of other guy's in the NFL, so again why Jerrod Johnson?

The answer is very simple. Of all, of all the potential QB coaches that the Texans could have hired, Jerrod Johnson had something that absolutely no one else had. A history of personally coaching and improving CJ Stroud's QB skills and technique.

Jerrod's history with CJ goes back to CJ's High School days, back when CJ was thought of as a good, but not elite QB talent. There is an annual High School showcase QB competition called the "Elite 11". In 2019 CJ as a High School Senior, was not selected to attend the Elite 11 competition but instead was pick as an alternate. CJ at this time did not have any scholarship offer's from any big time schools. As it turned out one of the selected candidates suffered a late injury, and CJ was picked up as a participant. However they did not have a coach to handle CJ's squad. So the Elite 11 people, called a little known ex-Aggie QB by the name of Jerrod Johnson, and asked him if he would coach the the stray dog they had added to the participants. They thought that even though Jerrod was not a high profile QB coach, he was only coaching an alternate so what damage could be done. Well as it turns out under Jerrod's coaching tutelage, CJ Stroud the alternate, ended up as the Elite 11 MVP. Based on the Elite 11 Showcase results, CJ Stroud received a scholarship offer from Ohio State and the rest is history. Thus, Jerrod Johnson was a major influence on CJ Stoud's football career.

Now the whole point of this diatribe, is the fact that the Texans hired Jerrod Johnson as the new Texans QB Coach, all the way back on Feb 12th rather than any of the numerous Shannahan System guy's that they could have hired. Is strong circumstantial evidence that CJ Stroud was the Texans QB draft target all the way back on Feb 12th.

Yes this is only circumstantial evidence, as to what actually happened we will never know for sure until everyone retires. But the fact that they hired Jerrod Johnson as QB Coach out of no where, and then drafted CJ Stroud when no one had a clue they were considering CJ with the 2nd pick, seems awfully coincidental, considering the history those two had.
I'll buy this for a dollar. It beats 99% of the other theories we read on here. The Texans have been notoriously close-lipped since Caserio came to town.
I wouldn't put any misdirection from Caserio out of the question. That's part of the game as a GM. Any number of ways the Texans could've gotten CJs S2 scores. Throw some $$ at one of the S2 employees. Happens all the time for top secret information, and for less $$ than you would think.

Not only this, but they also did aallllll of this plotting and scheming and specific hiring for one single guy that they left up to chance that that guy would be available at their pick instead of going all in to move up and get him and making all of these moves worthwhile..

Ok..

To be fair the Bears traded away the number 1 in March which is way, way sooner than most draft trades. After that everyone knew they were drafting Young as they wouldn't shut up about it. It's why all the media attention was on Shroud and everyone was asking what the Texans would do.

You are missing the point which is that CJ isn't even on our Board if not for the David Tepper blunder.

You are missing the point which is surprising because it was one you were trying to make. You said Tepper should have left the draft in control of the experts. With that line of thinking Hannah shouldn’t have drafted Stroud. She should have left it up to the football people.

To be fair the Bears traded away the number 1 in March which is way, way sooner than most draft trades. After that everyone knew they were drafting Young as they wouldn't shut up about it. It's why all the media attention was on Shroud and everyone was asking what the Texans would do.
There was a lot of talk that the coaches wanted Stroud including the dinner where Reich told him he wanted to play basketball with him.

You are missing the point which is surprising because it was one you were trying to make. You said Tepper should have left the draft in control of the experts. With that line of thinking Hannah shouldn’t have drafted Stroud. She should have left it up to the football people.
She should have left this up to the football people.

She didn't and got lucky.

Not only this, but they also did aallllll of this plotting and scheming and specific hiring for one single guy that they left up to chance that that guy would be available at their pick instead of going all in to move up and get him and making all of these moves worthwhile..

Ok..
No, my strong belief has always been to look at who benefits from an act or action in a business deal, to see who was actually behind that action. As far as the act of leaking of the S2 scores, no one benefited more from that act than the Texans did.

My theory (and I have no proof of other than it fits) is that the Texans had CJ on top of their board as "THE GUY", and that they were negotiating with Chicago to move up to number one so that they could get CJ. While they were negotiating they heard that Chicago was going to do a second trade with Carolina so the panthers could pick at number two. They had heard thru the grapevine that Tepper really wanted the midget. But they had also knew that the Panther's coaching staff wanted CJ. So the Texans killed the Chicago trade and let Carolina make their big move up to number one. So now the Texans goal was to make sure that Carolina actually picked Young with the number one pick. Caserio and/or the McNair's (and yes I really mean you Hannah) knew Tepper well enough to know, that the S2 scores would strongly appeal to his misguided belief that he was always the smartest guy in the room. By putting the S2 score info out in the media, it would publicly demonstrate how brilliant Tepper was for his faith in the S2 testing. Leaking that data (who ever did it) was like poring gasoline onto a fire, and inflamed Tepper's lust to have what he considered the smartest QB in the league.

By the act of leaking this data (that as Doc Bar pointed out, they could have easily gotten a hold of by the Texans) helped guaranteed that CJ would be left for the Texans at number two, by killing any chance that the Panthers coaching staff could possibly talk Tepper out of taking his 5'10" genius QB.

Last edited:
No, my strong belief has always been to look at who benefits from an act or action in a business deal, to see who was actually behind that action. As far as the act of leaking of the S2 scores, no one benefited more from that act than the Texans did.

My theory (and I have no proof of other than it fits) is that the Texans had CJ on top of their board as "THE GUY", and that they also had heard that Tepper wanted the midget. But they had also knew that the Panther's coaching staff wanted CJ. Caserio and/or the McNair's (and yes I really mean you Hannah) knew Tepper well enough to know, that the S2 scores would strongly appeal to his misguided belief that he is always the smartest guy in the room. By putting the S2 score info out in the media, it would publiclly show how smart Tepper was for his faith in the S2 test. Leaking that data (who ever did it) was like poor gasoline onto a fire, in relation to Tepper's lust to have the smartest QB in the league.

By the act of leaking this data (that as Doc Bar pointed out, they could have easily gotten a hold of by the Texans) helped guaranteed that CJ would be left for the Texans at number two, killing any chance that the Panthers coaching staff could possibly talk Tepper out of taking his 5'10" genius QB.

I remember Pat McAfee on his show also said he thought the Texans were behind trying to drive Shrouds stock down because they knew they wanted him at 2.

I'll buy this for a dollar. It beats 99% of the other theories we read on here. The Texans have been notoriously close-lipped since Caserio came to town.
I wouldn't put any misdirection from Caserio out of the question. That's part of the game as a GM. Any number of ways the Texans could've gotten CJs S2 scores. Throw some $$ at one of the S2 employees. Happens all the time for top secret information, and for less $$ than you would think.

As far as the misdirection goes, everything I have heard indicates that Hannah is the queen of sneaky moves. I would not at all be surprised to learn that last April, she treated one of her and Cal's's fellow owners, like a rube at a carnival booth at the local county fair.

As far as the misdirection goes, everything I have heard indicates that Hannah is the queen of sneaky moves. I would not at all be surprised to learn that last April, she treated one of her and Cal's's fellow owners, like a rube at a carnival booth at the local county fair.
She's an alpha female. Sneaky moves come with the territory. I was married to one. They think strategically in every situation and are very cunning in their ways. Think Alexander the Great meets Ghengis Khan with a period once a month. Very dangerous.

Did she though? She squashed the McCown for head coach thing.

Maybe people are underestimating her.

Maybe people are giving too much credit to “football people.”

Maybe just maybe she knows what she is doing.
The football people didn't want to hire McCown either. Unless you consider Janice and Easterbys to be football people.

The football people didn't want to hire McCown either. Unless you consider Janice and Easterbys to be football people.

That’s puts her on the same level of those football people. No to McCown, didn’t acknowledge Watson, and yes to Demeco and Stroud.

More than what we can say for the football people.

She is more than just “lucky.”

That’s puts her on the same level of those football people. No to McCown, didn’t acknowledge Watson, and yes to Demeco and Stroud.

More than what we can say for the football people.

She is more than just “lucky.”

I do not believe that she is evaluating the draft prospects herself, she would leave that to the "football" people. All I am saying, is that after Caserio and crew, tell her and Cal, who they want, she starts screaming (in conjugation with Nick and Cal of course) on how they can best accomplish getting those players. Everything I seen about the woman shouts that she lives by the motto "If you aint' cheating, then you are not try hard enough", thus I believe that she was probably behind the leaked S2 score ploy (if that really happened).

Last edited:
The Texans don't pay for the S2 scores. So for this scheme to work someone who paid for the info had to be in collusion with the Texans to give them the scores. Or the Texans went full on corporate spy & stole the S2 results.

Occam's razor tells me someone who paid the fee released the results for their own purposes.You have to remember at the time no one expected Stroud to be what he turned out to be. You should not use hindsight to judge the logic of a decision made when no one knew how it would work out.

Reactions: JB
The Texans don't pay for the S2 scores. So for this scheme to work someone who paid for the info had to be in collusion with the Texans to give them the scores. Or the Texans went full on corporate spy & stole the S2 results.

Occam's razor tells me someone who paid the fee released the results for their own purposes. You have to remember at the time no one expected Stroud to be what he turned out to be. You should not use hindsight to judge the logic of a decision made when no one knew how it would work out.
Where's the fun in Occam's razor? We conspiracy theorize on this here message board.

Back