Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to hear the excuses when the 49ers don't make the playoffs with Lance at QB. Then maybe some will admit what Jimmy G brings to a team.
So if they do make the playoffs with Lance will you admit there's more to the story than what you suggest?

No moving the goalposts.

There's a difference in a QB getting his team back to where the guy they let go got them and that should be expected since obviously they think the new guy is a better QB. Verses the new QB missing the playoffs altogether.

Like I say the excuses should be epic. Kinda like we've been seeing around these parts for the last 4-5 years.

Well I guess leading your team to a NFCCG with a torn rotator cuff and it should have been another SB doesn't count for much around these parts. I guess QBs that put up meaningless stats on bad football teams means much more to some around these parts. Wonder why that is?
Take off your Jimmy G fanboy glasses for a minute. Don't look at his eyes or his chin and tell us with such a clutch, tough, talented, Super Bowl winning QB available, what do you think teams will give up in a Jimmy G trade?

Take off your Jimmy G fanboy glasses for a minute. Don't look at his eyes or his chin and tell us with such a clutch, tough, talented, Super Bowl winning QB available, what do you think teams will give up in a Jimmy G trade?
Not much with him counting 25 mil against the cap with camp about to start. But if healthy the Browns should definitely be in the Jimmy G business. They would have a chance at a deep playoff run.

No moving the goalposts.

There's a difference in a QB getting his team back to where the guy they let go got them and that should be expected since obviously they think the new guy is a better QB. Verses the new QB missing the playoffs altogether.

Like I say the excuses should be epic. Kinda like we've been seeing around these parts for the last 4-5 years.
You're moving the goal post. First, you're going to laugh if the 49ers don't make it to the playoffs. Means absolutely nothing if he "leads" them to the playoffs, unless he gets to the NFCCG.

So I guess you'll admit you're wrong when JimmyG doesn't lead his next team to the conference championship game?

But I know better.

Not much with him counting 25 mil against the cap with camp about to start. But if healthy the Browns should definitely be in the Jimmy G business. They would have a chance at a deep playoff run.
not one owner out there would pay $25M to get his team to the conference championship game?

not one?

You're moving the goal post. First, you're going to laugh if the 49ers don't make it to the playoffs. Means absolutely nothing if he "leads" them to the playoffs, unless he gets to the NFCCG.

So I guess you'll admit you're wrong when JimmyG doesn't lead his next team to the conference championship game?

But I know better.
What it means is exactly what I said if Lance can't get them back to the NFCCG then the wrong move was to start Lance.

So you're saying JimmyG will take his next team to the conference championship game this year?

I'm saying if Cleveland is that team I wouldn't bet against him

I'm also saying if the 49ers are as good as some are making them out to be, then Lance should have no problem leading them to at least the NFCCG, if not the SB, since he's obviously a better QB than that crappy old cheerleader QB Jimmy G.

I didn't say making the playoffs was the goal. I said I will laugh when they don't make the playoffs.

Do you think the 49ers expect to get as far in the playoffs this yr as they did last yr and if they don't do you think that they will be disappointed or that it was the right move?

I'm also saying if the 49ers are as good as some are making them out to be, then Lance should have no problem leading them to at least the NFCCG
We know the team was stacked the last three or four years. We don't know what this years team will be. Do you think the 49ers had a top 5 defense the last three years? Do they have a top 5 defense in 2022?
I didn't say making the playoffs was the goal. I said I will laugh when they don't make the playoffs.
So if they make the playoffs in 2022, does that mean they have a good team?

Who's roster was better in 2021, 49ers or Arizona?
Do you think the 49ers expect to get as far in the playoffs this yr as they did last yr and if they don't do you think that they will be disappointed or that it was the right move?
I would think letting Laken Tomlinson go was a big mistake

We know the team was stacked the last three or four years. We don't know what this years team will be. Do you think the 49ers had a top 5 defense the last three years? Do they have a top 5 defense in 2022?

So if they make the playoffs in 2022, does that mean they have a good team?

Who's roster was better in 2021, 49ers or Arizona?

I would think letting Laken Tomlinson go was a big mistake
They still should have a top 5 defense and while good Tomlinson is replaceable. So the talent is still there if injuries don't strike heavily.

They still should have a top 5 defense and while good Tomlinson is replaceable. So the talent is still there if injuries don't strike heavily.
So while Garoppolo is good is replaceable.

If they don’t make the playoffs it's because they let Tomlinson walk.

Garoppolo gets dumped by the 49’ers:

Best Case:
Saints (Might win the starting job)

Bucs (Be Brady’s caddy for a 2nd time as he waits his opportunity)

Maybe Case:
Seahawks (Might win a starting job)

Lucky To Still Be Getting An NFL Paycheck
Giants (Lose what little faith they have in Jones during camp and need an emergency QB)

Lions (Sour on Goff and decide to bring in Garoppolo to bridge the position)

Jets (Lose faith inand bring in JG as insurance for the season)

Hope Jimmy is willing to work on a much reduced price it contract b/c no owner is going to hand him the contract he probably expects until he proves that he can carry a weaker team and stay healthy.

So while Garoppolo is good is replaceable.

If they don’t make the playoffs it's because they let Tomlinson walk.
Nope it's because they decided Lance was better than Jimmy G. If losing your LG keeps you out of the playoffs then there were other issues and the HC should be fired.

They think Lance is better than Jimmy G, let's see if Lance can take them as far as Jimmy G already has taken them. If he can't then this is a failed decision.

I can see by your Tomlinson take that you are already setting up a narrative if Lance fails. But I thought this is a SB ready team?

Garoppolo gets dumped by the 49’ers:

Best Case:
Saints (Might win the starting job)

Bucs (Be Brady’s caddy for a 2nd time as he waits his opportunity)

Maybe Case:
Seahawks (Might win a starting job)

Lucky To Still Be Getting An NFL Paycheck
Giants (Lose what little faith they have in Jones during camp and need an emergency QB)

Lions (Sour on Goff and decide to bring in Garoppolo to bridge the position)

Jets (Lose faith inand bring in JG as insurance for the season)

Hope Jimmy is willing to work on a much reduced price it contract b/c no owner is going to hand him the contract he probably expects until he proves that he can carry a weaker team and stay healthy.

Health is the key.

I could see him ending up in Seattle. Unfortunately that means he will have to live there.

We don't know, it's possible Jimmy G could've driven them down the field like he did on the last drive. What I find interesting is Rodgers had the 1st chance and failed. This gave Jimmy G the chance he needed to win the game. Nobody's saying that Rodgers isn't a clutch QB and his team only put up 10 points
Rodgers has 1 win in his career when he's trailing by 14 at the half. Rodgers is risk adverse and his playoff record kinda reflects it. In terms of that game, SF defense not only held GB to 10 pts, but they basically scored 10 pts.

Deniers are strong around these parts.

Facts don't lie.

I can't wait to hear the excuses when the 49ers don't make the playoffs with Lance at QB. Then maybe some will admit what Jimmy G brings to a team. He's a middle of the road QB that plays well when there's a lot on the line. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he hadn't overthrown Sanders by a fingertip.
And he didn't

Lots of guys in his position have blown games that their teams should have won and there's value in that. Health is the only reason the 49ers drafted Lance.

See:Warren Moon as an example of what I'm talking about when it comes to the more talented team blowing playoff games. Never forget 35-3 or 51-7.
That team wasn't more talented, but they shouldn't have blown that lead. It shouldn't even been in question with that p.i. that wasn't called.

Now here's a real surprise revelation by Mary Cabot! :toropalm:

***************************************************************************************************************

Kevin Stefanski: Jacoby Brissett will start if Deshaun Watson is suspended
Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2022, 1:48 PM EDT

As we continue to wait for Judge Sue Robinson’s gavel to fall, the Browns are ready for Plan B.

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, coach Kevin Stefanski told reporters on Wednesday that Jacoby Brissett will serve as the starting quarterback if Deshaun Watson is suspended to start the season.

Stefanski also said that both Watson and Brissett will get “a ton of reps” during training camp.

It’s a tough balancing act for the Browns. Brissett needs to be ready for Week One. Watson needs to be ready, eventually.
That’s why the Browns need to know how much time Watson will miss. Presumably, an answer is coming soon.

PFT reported last week that the Browns are privately bracing for an eight-game suspension.

**************************************************************************************************************

Any way the Browns divide the reps, it will not be good for Brissett. I'd like to see them turn the commonly accepted concept of 100% into 200% :shades:...............

**************************************************************************************************************

Reactions: JB
Yall remember that X-Files episode where this guy finds a real live genie and makes some comically horrid wishes? You know, if I found a genie I know damn well I'd use up one of those wishes to ensure Watson and Cleveland get totally screwed. :)

Browns 2021 3rd rounder WR Anthony Schwartz left practice with the trainer with an injury to his left knee. He's "to undergo further evaluation." He had hamstring issues most of last year's offseason and TC, which seemed to follow him into the season. Near the end of the season, he suffered a concussion which caused him to miss 3 games. The Browns have been counting on him this year for a bounce back year. Not a great way to start it.

Browns 2021 3rd rounder WR Anthony Schwartz left practice with the trainer with an injury to his left knee. He's "to undergo further evaluation." He had hamstring issues most of last year's offseason and TC, which seemed to follow him into the season. Near the end of the season, he suffered a concussion which caused him to miss 3 games. The Browns have been counting on him this year for a bounce back year. Not a great way to start it.

Lol.

Not a great way to start a season?

How about trading three first round picks for a QB who may not play?

No moving the goalposts.

Jimmy G has 2 tds in 6 playoffs games. Yet, Lance needs to go to nfccg after 1 season huh?

Jimmy G has 2 tds in 6 playoffs games. Yet, Lance needs to go to nfccg after 1 season huh?
Lance is better than Jimmy G, if he wasn't they wouldn't have gotten rid of Jimmy G. So Lance should be able to take the 49ers at least as far as Jimmy G did.

Lance is better than Jimmy G, if he wasn't they wouldn't have gotten rid of Jimmy G. So Lance should be able to take the 49ers at least as far as Jimmy G did.
Again, Jimmy threw the ball 7 times and his team put up 37 points. What did his 7 passes have to do with 37 points? Shanny knew they can't ask anymore of Jimmy. When he was traded and signed, he was the highest paid qb in the nfl. Jimmy has 71tds and 38 tds despite having a dominant run game and defense.

Again, Jimmy threw the ball 7 times and his team put up 37 points. What did his 7 passes have to do with 37 points? Shanny knew they can't ask anymore of Jimmy. When he was traded and signed, he was the highest paid qb in the nfl. Jimmy has 71tds and 38 tds despite having a dominant run game and defense.
So the team should get at least as far with Lance because he's an upgrade.

It's amazing how many clips of Watson passing in TC are being posted by the Cleveland media. Of course, without a rush and most without any coverage of the WRs. He has been crowned a passing maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back