Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Do they gradually work CJ in or does he start the opener?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's as silly as your takes on Nigerians and Clemson players.
You will get ro see the Derrick situation replay itself all over again , for another middling QB. Minus the sexual predator stuff.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
You will get ro see the Derrick situation replay itself all over again , for another middling QB. Minus the sexual predator stuff.
If Stroud leads the league in passing and then wants to be traded, I wouldn't be upset at all. If the Texans decided to trade him after year 5 then I'd be happy with another 3 first round picks plus. Just don't screw up and give him another contract before you trade him

Texian

Hall of Fame
Man, did @Texian turn on Zach. He never could quit on Blake.
That's the best you got? You've to expect some middle school lunchroom on a message board. Blake was a quarter away from the Super Bowl, Zach not even close. It would be a damn shame if Stroud turned out to be worse than Wilson.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Zach was a fraud as the mourmon Mahomes. That was the guy you were gushing about right or do we need to pull receipts?
Do you discriminate against religion much? My gush was not quite as much as your love affair for Mills. I tried to tell you Mills was a wasted draft pick. Just like I tried to tell you O'Brien was a terrible hire before he was hired. I don't think the receipts will show me drafting Wilson.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Doesn't missing on Zach as badly as you did give you some pause regarding your QB evaluations? Is it possible that you're missing on Stroud? Or Stenson Bennett?
Yes. My evaluation of Bennett is he could be a better NFL QB than Stroud but that isn’t necessarily setting the bar real high. You said Bennett would be a UDFA. I said he could be a day 2 pick. So far I’m right.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If Stroud leads the league in passing and then wants to be traded, I wouldn't be upset at all. If the Texans decided to trade him after year 5 then I'd be happy with another 3 first round picks plus. Just don't screw up and give him another contract before you trade him
The minute he demands a new deal after year 3 I'm trading his azz. But Cal won't.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes. My evaluation of Bennett is he could be a better NFL QB than Stroud but that isn’t necessarily setting the bar real high. You said Bennett would be a UDFA. I said he could be a day 2 pick. So far I’m right.
Some had Bennett rated as undraftable. Lol, you were a lot more right than most of the pundits.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Bennett was on the way to being drafted when he had the PI incident in Dallas.
I did think Bennett would go undrafted. The Rams disagreed and did not have an issue with the PI.

BTW, 4th round is on day 3, rather than day 2. Based upon your previous QB evaluations, I feel safe in stating that CJ will be a better NFL QB than Bennett.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Do you discriminate against religion much? My gush was not quite as much as your love affair for Mills. I tried to tell you Mills was a wasted draft pick. Just like I tried to tell you O'Brien was a terrible hire before he was hired. I don't think the receipts will show me drafting Wilson.
I never spoke about Mills,ever. You can look at my old post. Wasn't high on BOB either.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If he's not the starter day 1then they probably should have just passed on QB this year.

And sure, they'll say he has to "earn" it but then look at the competition. If he's not beating out Mills and Case then they probably should have passed on QB.
I like the idea of starting Mills or Keenum for at least a couple of games. CJ will NOT get used to the speed of the NFL game in OTAs, TC, or in 3 preseason games.
Realistically, Keenum and Mills should have the upper hand on CJ just from being vet QBs and used to the speed and atmosphere of an NFL game.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
That's the best you got? You've to expect some middle school lunchroom on a message board. Blake was a quarter away from the Super Bowl, Zach not even close. It would be a damn shame if Stroud turned out to be worse than Wilson.
Right. Blake was participating on a team that was a quarter away from the Super Bowl. No QB that throws 160 yards or less in 6 regular season games, and 87 yards in a playoff game leads a team to a Super Bowl. But a #2 defense and #1 rushing offense certainly does.

He was the file clerk of QB's.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You mean a QB that teams look to replace every year and waits in the deer stand for injuries to get him calls?
A guy that's a good backup and is capable of going 4 and 4 when your starting QB is hurt. Or playing for 5 to 10 years.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Hilarious. Also, Bortles had a 24-49 (.328) record as a starting QB. I don't always subscribe winning % to starting QBs. But in Bortles case, with a career passer rating of 80.6, it fits.
Out of a starting job the next year after almost getting to the SB and out of the league after the following year as a backup.

But he's more accomplished than any Texans QB because he played on a team that went to the AFCCG.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Hilarious. Also, Bortles had a 24-49 (.328) record as a starting QB. I don't always subscribe winning % to starting QBs. But in Bortles case, with a career passer rating of 80.6, it fits.
And he also had 5 OCs in 5 years.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Only the long run will determine the accuracy of that. Maybe he was a good pick, maybe he was a wasted pick
Either way, it's a longshot someone that size will have a long NFL career.

Reactions: JB

Boris

All Pro
Zach was a fraud as the mourmon Mahomes. That was the guy you were gushing about right or do we need to pull receipts?
1685081373064.png

Texian

Hall of Fame
So add coach killer to Bortles resume.
You really need to give 2014 a rest. It really shows just how shallow and weak your Moxy is. If the best that you can do is bring up something that happened 9 years ago, 5 or 6 times a year then you really need to find another gig.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
They sat out a year why? Because they had really good quarterbacks starting in front of them. Every team doesn’t have that luxury at all.

Another thing Rodgers IMO is not an all time great either.
I 100% agree with you about Rodgers. He reminds me of Peyton Manning. Great regular season QB but lousy playoff QB.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I 100% agree with you about Rodgers. He reminds me of Peyton Manning. Great regular season QB but lousy playoff QB.
Still got a ring, so he's proven he can have 4 good games in a row against the best teams in the playoffs.