Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Do they gradually work CJ in or does he start the opener?

I stopped replying a month or so ago. Heels dug in hoping for a told you so moment is the weirdest **** ever if you’re a real fan of this franchise.

Even weirder is I KNOW he’s a real fan so this is being driven by a multitude of dynamics beyond what is being posted and displayed. It’s personal, which is fine but let’s face it we all have things outside of this team that are more important so dying on that hill is just odd.

I’d NEVER take a position like that HOPING to be right and ROOTING for failure. How else can you frame it? I want to be RIGHT so my team that I root for has to FAIL. Be it QB issue or not if the ultimate prize is not secured then see “I told you so.”
You've got this all wrong.

After 2 decades of the SOS ownership, the best I can do at this point is enjoy the trainwreck.Absolutely nothing has changed down on Kirby after 2 decades. I'm certainly not rooting for them to lose and particularly not to be able to say I was right. I've just seen this act down on Kirby for far too long. When you don't expect much you won't be disappointed.

You've got this all wrong.

After 2 decades of the SOS ownership, the best I can do at this point is enjoy the trainwreck.Absolutely nothing has changed down on Kirby after 2 decades. I'm certainly not rooting for them to lose and particularly not to be able to say I was right. I've just seen this act down on Kirby for far too long. When you don't expect much you won't be disappointed.
But you've been very vocal in your 'McNair is cheap' or 'McNair doesn't care about winning' or 'Texans Suck' or 'RS is destroying this franchise'crap (other than a very few short times when 'OB was great' or 'Casserly is changing things down on Kirby') since 2010 when everyone wasn't fired. The only thing you've been consistent about is being loud about how terrible the franchise is.

Last edited:
But you've been very vocal in your 'McNair is cheap' or 'McNair doesn't care about winning' or 'Texans Suck' or 'RS is destroying this franchise'crap (other than a very few short times when 'OB was great' or 'Casserly is changing things down on Kirby') since 2010 when everyone wasn't fired. You've said at different times that various people like Jamie Rootes were great or he sucked at his job. The only thing you've been consistent about is being loud about how terrible the franchise is.
I gave Casserly a pass because it was an expansion franchise.

I said BOB was an avg HC, which he was, as was Kubiak. BOB the GM sucked. I called for everybody to be fired and trading Derrick after 51-7.

I've said the McNairs main priority isn't winning championship and said in 2009 that the McNairs were hands-on owners. We're having the same discussions today about this. Also the Derrick thing turned out about as expected for different reasons.

As far as Stroud goes, I don't like the person or the player. Some do and everybody should be entitled to their opinions without being castigated for their opinions.

Routes was very good at his job. So good that he took away the McNairs incentive to win on the field. So I saw him as part of the problem.

The Texans have been a poorly run football franchise and I've said this zince 2010, it's not my fault that this is true. I see history repeating itself and I feel like some on here want to shoot the messenger. Not that I care a bit. More of the same old same old down on Kirby. A marketing franchise with a football division, nothing more or less.

Last edited:
I gave Casserly a pass because it was an expansion franchise.

I said BOB was an avg HC, which he was, as was Kubiak. BOB the GM sucked. I called for everybody to be fired and trading Derrick after 51-7.

I've said the McNairs main priority isn't winning championship and said in 2009 that the McNairs were hands-on owners. We're having the same discussions today about this. Also the Derrick thing turned out about as expected for different reasons.

Routes was very good at his job. So good that he took away the McNairs incentive to win on the field.

The Texans have been a poorly run football franchise and I've said this zince 2010, it's not my fault that this is true. I see history repeating itself and I feel like some on here want to shoot the messenger. Not that I care a bit. More of the same old same old down on Kirby. A marketing franchise with a football division, nothing more or less.
So when did you fully support the franchise? Were you happy when football came back to Houston?

So when did you fully support the franchise? Were you happy when football came back to Houston?
From 2002 until 2010, I was happy with the franchise. Yes, I was happy football came back to Kirby and was hopeful the McNairs were different than Bud. They're not different and at this point I could care less if the team moved or not, because if we're being honest we both know the Texans are never going to win a darned thing as long as the McNairs own the team. Over 2 decades of the SOS and you can expect more of the same old same old. But hey, they aren't marketing to me and my age group anymore. I'm just glad I'm not wasting anymore money on their product.

Do you remember being part of the pink soap crowd long before 2010?
You won't find any pink soap for any HC the Texans have had including 2010. I feel about the same way now as I did in 20110.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
You won't find any pink soap for any HC the Texans have had including 2010. I feel about the same way now as I did in 20110.
So you're denying it? You do know there are threads that go back that far?

But you've been very vocal in your 'McNair is cheap' or 'McNair doesn't care about winning' or 'Texans Suck' or 'RS is destroying this franchise'crap (other than a very few short times when 'OB was great' or 'Casserly is changing things down on Kirby') since 2010 when everyone wasn't fired. The only thing you've been consistent about is being loud about how terrible the franchise is.
I like when he’s “against” the Texans. They usually do well.

I hated when he was positive (BO’b) & I was negative. Texans did stupidsht like trade Hopkins for a bag of chips.

I like when he’s “against” the Texans. They usually do well.

I hated when he was positive (BO’b) & I was negative. Texans did stupidsht like trade Hopkins for a bag of chips.
I believe in giving HC a fair chance to implement his system. BOB the GM was a different story. After 51-7 I wanted a full housecleaning.

You won't find any pink soap.

Go back and look until your hearts content. You won't find any.
You asked... dated Dec 23, 2009

I'm in the pink soap crowd because I dont think Kubes can win the city of Houston a championship. I think Kubes will do much better if he gets a second chance with another team. (Belichek)

However I dont want Kubes fired if McNair isn't willing to pay to get the best coach that's available and that list is getting shorter by the day. Holmgren,Shanny Sr.)

You asked... dated Dec 23, 2009

I didn't see a picture of the pink soap. I guess I should've been more specific. I also guess I was in the pink soap crowd after 51-7 and wanted to leave BOB and the team in KansasCity.

BTW, I was right about Kubiak and BOB. Same as with the McNairs.

• Haha
Just my opinion but it just seems wrong to me to boil all the work & sweat put into a career (coaches & players) in one of the toughest sports on the planet (probably the toughest) down to 'Did he win a championship'.

Just my opinion but it just seems wrong to me to boil all the work & sweat put into a career (coaches & players) in one of the toughest sports on the planet (probably the toughest) down to 'Did he win a championship'.
Why keep score then?

2nd place is the 1st place loser in my world. There are no participation trophies. Win or don't eat.

I will gladly start that thread. How long do you think the McNairs will own the team? That's when the timeliness will start.

You know man people learn and grow and listen to advice sometimes

Maybe they’ll hire good football people (and from where I’m sitting that’s exactly what they’ve done) and let them build a winning football team

You know man people learn and grow and listen to advice sometimes

Maybe they’ll hire good football people (and from where I’m sitting that’s exactly what they’ve done) and let them build a winning football team
Over 2 decades and counting. They haven't learned a darned thing. They did hire good people. But they're still meddling, they can't help themselves.

I can understand that opinion in the NBA. However, in the NFL, it is wrong and lacks context. Because it's not only work and sweat, but even some luck. Being at the right place/right time and getting unexpected contributions from the entire team for that QB to win a championship.

For example, Peyton Manning threw 1 TD and 5 INTs in the 2007 Wildcard and Division games. The Colts won both games because the Colts running game and defense played out of their minds. Even in the Super Bowl, it can be argued that Manning didn't deserve the MVP and his performance was one of the worst MVP performances in Super Bowl history. Yet, in a world without any context, he won a championship, and he did it on his own. SMDH

I can understand that opinion in the NBA. However, in the NFL, it is wrong and lacks context. Because it's not only work and sweat, but even some luck. Being at the right place/right time and getting unexpected contributions from the entire team for that QB to win a championship.

the bolded….we need a whole lot of it

Every court needs a jester, Texanstalk has it's own.

It's like the vegetarian at the BBQ who keeps telling everyone how terrible meat is.
Some just aren't buying in after over 2 decades of the McNairs ownership. I'm in prove it mode. Not that this matters to the McNairs. I'm not in the demographic their marketing firm is marketing too anymore.

I just gave you a handful of Hall of Fame NFL QB's that didn't win any national titles in college. By your standard you wouldn't have picked any of them.
And I told you Ohio State should be winning national championships with the talent they've got on their teams and with Stroud at qb they couldn't even win a Big 10 championship. The QB's you listed haven't had near the talent around them that Stroud has had.

And I told you Ohio State should be winning national championships with the talent they've got on their teams and with Stroud at qb they couldn't even win a Big 10 championship. The QB's you listed haven't had near the talent around them that Stroud has had.

They lost to Georgia by ONE point. Our defense collapsed in the 4th quarter. That's not on CJ, who put in a brilliant performance.

....some folks are just born rubbernecker's.

Last edited:
If something shat all over your food, wouldn't you call it terrible?

Wouldn't a vegetarian complaining about the food at a BBQ be more of a personal problem than a group problem? Seems to be the vegetarian should opt not to attend the BBQ knowing what is being served. Furthermore, the vegetarian shouldn't be trying to ruin the event for everyone else who enjoys a good BBQ.

Last edited:
Based on the current FO, staff, and players…..I’d say hands down this is the best direction the organization has ever found themselves heading.

Caserio and Ryans being hooked at the hip has really helped. Cal finally stepping back and letting these guys run the team is a better than expected sign going forward.

I’m looking forward to a strong and positive season.

Last edited:

Alabama should have won the national championship with the talent they've got and they couldn't even win the SEC championship.

Alabama should have won the national championship with the talent they've got and they couldn't even win the SEC championship.
Lol

Bama has won plenty of championships lately. Have you noticed how many 1st rd picks were on the last2 Georgia teams. Not to mention later rd picks like Dean, Salyer,Washington etc... those teams were stacked Ohio State had more talent on their team than Michigan had. Big difference.

Lol

Bama has won plenty of championships lately. Have you noticed how many 1st rd picks were on the last2 Georgia teams. Not to mention later rd picks like Dean, Salyer,Washington etc... those teams were stacked Ohio State had more talent on their team than Michigan had. Big difference.

Alabama has won one championship in the last 5 years.

Sounds like an excuse.

• Haha
I just gave you a handful of Hall of Fame NFL QB's that didn't win any national titles in college. By your standard you wouldn't have picked any of them.

In 2017, the Texans drafted a QB who not only won a national championship but beat Alabama and he hated disliked the draft pick from day one.

The point? Even if Stroud won a national title. It wouldn't matter or change his opinion. The argument would be that "no QB born in 2001 has won an NFL championship." LOL.

Last edited:
Georgia was the more talented team?
By far, look at the talent on those Georgia teams.

Also Bama won a championship the yr before Young got there with Jones. They won with Tua subbing in for Hurts 2 years before that.

That's a pretty good track record compared to Stroud and the Buckeyes.

Back