Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Diggs to Houston

Don’t be obtuse. It happened during the Broncos game… which was the game -before- the ill-fated Jets game. The man went into concussion protocol during the Broncos game. Came out of the tent and hopped over the bench. He didn’t look right though.
Did he return to play to finish the Broncos game? He did meaning he passed the protocol testing... no concussion

Never figured you for a guy to attack others for having a different mindset
This was an attack? Weak sauce. I have never attacked you nor anyone else.

*eyeroll*

JB… while you are “technically” correct… Stroud absolutely went into the concussion tent… not once but twice. I understood what the other poster was trying to angle at. I mean… it’s even been rumored that his concussion actually started during the Broncos game and was exacerbated by the Jets game.

Stroud absolutely went into the concussion tent… not once but twice. I understood what the other poster was trying to angle at. I mean… it’s even been rumored that his concussion actually started during the Broncos game and was exacerbated by the Jets game.
The tent is used for all injuries not just concussions. I know what the other poster was talking about, I remember it well. Stroud was injured and went into the tent, came back out to the bench and looked out of sorts. I don't think he had a concussion. I think he was in pain and went back to the tent and got a shot. His play didn't suffer like it would have if he had a concussion

The tent is used for all injuries not just concussions. I know what the other poster was talking about, I remember it well. Stroud was injured and went into the tent, came back out to the bench and looked out of sorts. I don't think he had a concussion. I think he was in pain and went back to the tent and got a shot. His play didn't suffer like it would have if he had a concussion
Thank you for -not- being obtuse with your reply above.

:)

Fair enough. He was trying to point to his midsection. Regardless that man had to be helped up and he looked wildly disoriented and was -ordered- off the field by the referee but you’re right… that’s just my opinion as they never deemed him unable to return.

Last edited:
The Titans fired their GM after trading AJ Brown and drafting his “replacement” Treylon Burks. Brown went on to become an elite WR while the new GM just paid Calvin Ridley what AJ Brown was looking for because Burks isn’t getting the job done.

Will the Bills GM suffer the same fate? Not quite the same scenario, Diggs is older and more proven than Brown was… but if the Bills don’t find a suitable replacement and Diggs is a key part of a Texans Super Bowl run you gotta wonder if Buffalo will make a change in leadership.

Thank you for -not- being obtuse with your reply above.

:)

Fair enough. He was trying to point to his midsection. Regardless that man had to be helped up and he looked wildly disoriented and was -ordered- off the field by the referee but you’re right… that’s just my opinion as they never deemed him unable to return.

Players help each other up all the time, as far as being disoriented the man was in the middle of a dog pile with about a 1000 lbs of meat on top of him. Yeah the ref ordered him off the field, and I don't disagree with that, but it's not like the ref fully examined him or that he is even qualified to do so. That's not his job, his job is the error on the side of caution and let the doctors in the tent decide. Watch Stroud when he's walking off the field, he doesn't look disoriented or like he doesn't know where's he's at or what's going on, he isn't needing to lean on anyone or have anyone guide him and he is able to hold a conversation and even switch who he is talking to with no delay as seen DeMeco comes up to talk to him.

Remeber Florio is a journalist so his first job is to get clicks. Even in his law practice he was a labor and injury lawyer so seeing injuries at work and arguing against corporations is what he us trained for.

Players help each other up all the time, as far as being disoriented the man was in the middle of a dog pile with about a 1000 lbs of meat on top of him. Yeah the ref ordered him off the field, and I don't disagree with that, but it's not like the ref fully examined him or that he is even qualified to do so. That's not his job, his job is the error on the side of caution and let the doctors in the tent decide. Watch Stroud when he's walking off the field, he doesn't look disoriented or like he doesn't know where's he's at or what's going on, he isn't needing to lean on anyone or have anyone guide him and he is able to hold a conversation and even switch who he is talking to with no delay as seen DeMeco comes up to talk to him.

Remeber Florio is a journalist so his first job is to get clicks. Even in his law practice he was a labor and injury lawyer so seeing injuries at work and arguing against corporations is what he us trained for.
I know… but you’re describing a serious concussion. I believe it was mild at the time… therefore it was potentially missed. My main reason was looking at his arms as he was getting up. The man’s muscles were not functioning right for a few seconds. I’m still learning about fencers pose and aphasia. Never heard the term until after the Jets game.

Plus… it’s been rumored that he was completely knocked out which and he was waking up when his teammates started to pick him up.

I have no idea about what Florio used to do but seems legit. Thanks for the insight.

A player doesn’t pay $100k just to swap numbers with another player if he knows he’s only going to be with the team for one season. This tells me Diggs is probably looking to make Houston his home and retire a Texan. Especially if he is to win a ring as a Toro!
This is taking for granted that the player in question is one to make wise decisions to begin with. :shades:

I can get wild speculation on social media. How about we stick with the facts. The fact is CJ had One…let me repeat for those In The back… ONE concussion which happened on a field that should never be played on by any human, dog, turtle, or pet lizard. You try hitting your head that hard on a slab of concrete and see how it feels. Anyone would be concussed in that situation.

The Titans fired their GM after trading AJ Brown and drafting his “replacement” Treylon Burks. Brown went on to become an elite WR while the new GM just paid Calvin Ridley what AJ Brown was looking for because Burks isn’t getting the job done.

Will the Bills GM suffer the same fate? Not quite the same scenario, Diggs is older and more proven than Brown was… but if the Bills don’t find a suitable replacement and Diggs is a key part of a Texans Super Bowl run you gotta wonder if Buffalo will make a change in leadership.

Agreed, there will be wholesale changes coming to this coaching staff but think Beane is ahead of curve. Scary thought is, you know who they go after if Diggs is better than he ever was in Buffalo or Minnesota?

I can get wild speculation on social media. How about we stick with the facts. The fact is CJ had One…let me repeat for those In The back… ONE concussion which happened on a field that should never be played on by any human, dog, turtle, or pet lizard. You try hitting your head that hard on a slab of concrete and see how it feels. Anyone would be concussed in that situation.
*loudly shouting from the back*

He wasn’t looking right before that hit either.

For the Bills to eat $31+ mil in dead money, ownership was certainly on board with this. They wanted Diggs gone and were willing to pay the price to get him gone. irreconcilable differences.

Total bs created by mis-aligned HC & OC. I’m totally on board with Diggs. They can all screw themselves, as we shall see collapse of Bills Nation. They deserve better.

For the Bills to eat $31+ mil in dead money, ownership was certainly on board with this. They wanted Diggs gone and were willing to pay the price to get him gone. irreconcilable differences.

Ownership will only publicly take credit for a decision if it works. See the Easterby years over here.

If Diggs plays a key role in winning Houston a Super Bowl and Buffalo whiffs on finding his replacement like the Titans did with Burks then the GM will be run out of town.

Stroud did not get any injection in the tent. He was having nausea and stomach discomfort (well-recognized symptoms of acute concussion). I have no doubt that Stroud clearly demonstrated prolonged ataxic movements after he was pulled up. I have taken care of enough concussed patients / players to know that he should have been removed from the game and formally empirically observed and tested for at least the next week or two. When a player is returned in-game, this does not occur. Concussion signs and symptoms not uncommonly progress and appear clearly hours, days or weeks following the trauma.

Unfortunately, the NFL does not follow its own rules...... Especially when applied to difference makers such as quarterbacks.

Last edited:

Just to clarify one important point:
I've often been asked to review such cases for merit by some of the top attorneys here in Houston. None of them have had the ability to independently evaluate injuries, especially something like a concussion. They have relied on me pointing out and explaining the implications of each particular case, i.e., spoon feeding. Florio, as smart as he might think he is, is no different.

Last edited:
Stroud did not get any injection in the tent. He was having nausea and stomach discomfort (well-recognized symptoms of acute concussion). I have no doubt that Stroud clearly demonstrated prolonged ataxic movements after he was pulled up. I have taken care of enough concussed patients / players to know that he should have been removed from the game and formally empirically observed and tested for at least the next week or two. When a player is returned in-game, this does not occur. Concussion signs and symptoms not uncommonly progress and appear clearly hours, days or weeks following the trauma.

Unfortunately, the NFL does not follow its own rules...... Especially when applied to difference makers such as quarterbacks.

Question… do you think he was exhibiting signs of a concussion at the start of the Jets game? I know it’d be hard to tell because of all the rain that day but Striud was completely off from the get-go. Way before his major concussion. I actually felt that he was struggling since the Broncos hit. Defense won the Broncos game and then he sucked during the Jets.

You were in the tent?

A player doesn’t pay $100k just to swap numbers with another player if he knows he’s only going to be with the team for one season. This tells me Diggs is probably looking to make Houston his home and retire a Texan. Especially if he is to win a ring as a Toro!

I think this underscores both how much a jersey number can mean to any particular player as well as what $100k might mean to any same particular player with a career earning over $100M and steadily counting..

His reputation as a locker room cancer does not speak for making wise decisions.
All because he’s passionate about winning or a cancer in the locker room. I’ve heard a lot of teammates say otherwise. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t make wise decisions. I’m of the thought of how about getting to know someone first before passing judgements like that.

Here's an interesting article that might help explain the 100k price tag.

Basically if Cousins had wanted the number 8 which Pitts had he would have had to bought out all the Pitts jerseys which would come out to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Given that Ward jerseys aren't exactly best sellers I'm guessing the price was lower which was why it was 100k.

Question… do you think he was exhibiting signs of a concussion at the start of the Jets game? I know it’d be hard to tell because of all the rain that day but Striud was completely off from the get-go. Way before his major concussion. I actually felt that he was struggling since the Broncos hit. Defense won the Broncos game and then he sucked during the Jets.
He certainly did not play too well throughout the game. I did not tape that game, making it difficult (esp with the inclement weather) to tell if he was showing earlier signs of concussion. But it wouldn't be surprising since with the signs of concussion he showed a week before would not unexpectedly still be present and/or progressive just 1 week later.

A team physician should not be given out information like that. So y’all were just holding a conversation and you asked him what’s CJ diagnosis?
By letting him return to the game, the NFL/team in essence made a public declaration that Stroud did not suffer any signs or symptoms of concussion. HIPAA protection would not apply. If anyone would want to defend against statements that he did suffer symptoms consistent with concussion, this would open up a heck of a can of worms for the NFL/team for false representation.

Yeah they’ve been saying this all across the media since the trade happen.
And... if they are correct and he makes CJ better.... everyone will laugh at the price we paid for him.

Of course, would be unfortunate he might not stick around.... but... IF he makes Stroud better, I think that plus the paychexk the Texans would sign would be all the incentive needed to return.... also we aren't Buffalo nor Minnesota.... so we got that going for us as well.

All because he’s passionate about winning or a cancer in the locker room. I’ve heard a lot of teammates say otherwise. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t make wise decisions. I’m of the thought of how about getting to know someone first before passing judgements like that.

The biggest difference between a player viewed as “passionate about winning” and a locker room cancer is whether their team wins the Super Bowl when its all said and done.

How would Travis Kelce’s blowup on the sideline with Andy Reid gone all offseason if the Chiefs hadn’t won that game in OT? It was certainly worse than any of Diggs’ in-game blowups. But the Chiefs won so all is forgiven.

Same with Brady any of the times he’s gone off on his teammates in the middle of winning a Super Bowl.

He certainly did not play too well throughout the game. I did not tape that game, making it difficult (esp with the inclement weather) to tell if he was showing earlier signs of concussion. But it wouldn't be surprising since with the signs of concussion he showed a week before would not unexpectedly still be present and/or progressive just 1 week later.
Here ya' go Doc. Just in case you want to watch the game at your leisure. https://nfl-video.com/houston-texas-vs-new-york-jets-full-game-replay-2023-nfl-week-14

The biggest difference between a player viewed as “passionate about winning” and a locker room cancer is whether their team wins the Super Bowl when its all said and done.

How would Travis Kelce’s blowup on the sideline with Andy Reid gone all offseason if the Chiefs hadn’t won that game in OT? It was certainly worse than any of Diggs’ in-game blowups. But the Chiefs won so all is forgiven.

Same with Brady any of the times he’s gone off on his teammates in the middle of winning a Super Bowl.
I hope Diggs keeps it together and avoids further injury, and helps us get to the "promised land." But unless I'm mistaken, Diggs in his 9 seasons in the NFL has never elevated his team to a Super Bowl win, or for that matter, a Super Bowl appearance.

I don't need anybody to elevate me! Just somebody give me a block at the right time and my guys will catch the damn ball! Signed CJ Stroud
If those truly were his words he would be another toxic player in the making.

Pride before the fall.

Thankfully I don't believe that is how he feels. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is DW.

A confident man wouldn't shoot down the opportunity to be "elevated".

Like the saying goes, "If you're the smartest person in the room.... you're in the wrong room."

...I've had a few in my 43 years of existence... & here I am.

Total bs created by mis-aligned HC & OC. I’m totally on board with Diggs. They can all screw themselves, as we shall see collapse of Bills Nation. They deserve better.
Losing Diggs wont kill the Bills Mafia.

Losing Poyner/Morse etc... is much more likely to do in the Bills Mafia.

Samuels/Shakir/Say Thomas with Allen throwing to them means they wont miss Diggs. I mean, they were hardly throwing to him at the end of last yr anyways.

What makes you think he doesn’t make wise decisions?
And why do you always come at certain players in this manner?
Players want to play and they will do whatever it takes to stay on the field. See: Edleman in the SB. He obviously had a concussion but wandered back to the huddle and eventually caught passes that lead to a SB win. Stroud is a guy that will do whatever it takes to stay on the field.

A team physician should not be given out information like that. So y’all were just holding a conversation and you asked him what’s CJ diagnosis?
Friends give friends their opinions on work things.

So do you just not like the fact that CnD has inside sources and would you prefer that he not give us his well informed opinions?

Back