Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Diggs to Houston

Clearly stated, this is the exception. If Howard can’t stay healthy again, there is no Fant to bail them out so what the Heck, as in Charlie Heck @ RT hold up so these high end offensive weapons pay off if CJ is running for his life or on the ground?

First the pick we gave up was for next year so whomever would have been drafted then wouldn't help us this year anyway. Unless Caserio can travel into the future which would explain how he has known to make some of the moves he has. :thinking:

Second to get him "running for his life" it would most likey be a blitz and with all the targets and CJs ability to hit a bulleyes while doing a backflip and throwing with his feet blitzing this offense means you risk them dropping another 75 yard pass on your head. Lot of teams will be reluctant to risk that to many times.

All that being said Howard's health is a concern for me to but there is nothing about the Diggs deal that would have helped solve that.

Last edited:
dadb1bf5e617bbc3a89514b6bee58577.jpg

You have never been more wrong. When you are all in for one year draft picks don’t matter the following year.

It was no whiff on Barkley. It was an agreement not to over pay for a player. And if you know anything about what happens on Kirby and Caserio’s plans it is that he is always cooking. There is always another plan. Barkley can’t meet our demands than enter Mixon. Can’t get Keenan Allen enter Diggs. Who was dealt for a pick traded for weeks earlier.

Keep trying to understand what is going on on Kirby. You will get there one day.
He doesn't like Caserio.

Clearly stated, this is the exception. If Howard can’t stay healthy again, there is no Fant to bail them out so what the Heck, as in Charlie Heck @ RT hold up so these high end offensive weapons pay off if CJ is running for his life or on the ground?
There will probably be a trade at towards the end of camp like there was for Jones/Kendrick Lewis towards the end of camp if Caserio doesn't like the OT depth. A rookie OT that's on an expiring deal for a 5th or 6th rd pick kind of deal. Also who's to say they cant find another Fant this yr? Think a guy like Becton wouldn't jump at a 5 mil FA contract if they cut Woods?

I would put money on they will not actually use all those picks. i.e. "trade bait"

If Tricky Nick does his thing we'll end up with a couple more starters from the draft.

I would guess at least 3, including one difference maker. Maybe even 2 difference makers.

Is that even in question? Not just you, but catching up on this thread I'm seeing "justification" for the one year rental with questions about his effort? 11-12 years in the league, this dude is who he is & I don't think effort has ever been a question. Too much effort if anything.

Hedging the books against possible decline makes sense, but I'd think that would look more like holding onto those 3 years. If he has a great season this year are you going to commit to him long term when he's one year closer to that future inevitable decline?
Nope, he would be a one yr rental of play on yr to yr contracts if I was Caserio/Ryans because this is the way to keep his attitude in check. Of course this will never happen.

I don’t care for their room. If you can’t protect CJ this whole thing blows up in smoke. You of all people should know. You just see how the board falls. Take your guy if there. I absolutely love this offensive line class, like WR class but that would be over kill, still wouldn’t hate it.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Brady's offense averaged the same points per game as Dorsey's.

What is interesting though is the diminishing role Diggs played in the offense over the second half of the season with no drop off in scoring. I don't know that it speaks to something about Diggs himself, but more to Brady's offense didn't rely on a high volume WR1 as Diggs had been his first 3+ seasons in Buffalo. I can see where a guy who has been a Top 5 receiver in the league would want out of that type of offense.

What is even more interesting is that he was traded to a Texans team with the same offensive mindset and a stacked WR room. CJ finds the open guy. It isn't Watson where everyone in the stadium knew he was going to throw to DHop. So I am curious as to how he will handle it differently than in Buffalo. Maybe he is counting on his own durability (missed 3 games over last 6 seasons) and the lack thereof in Collins and Tank to elevate his targets.
The Bills ran a more ball controlled offense under Brady.

Since SD is playing for a new deal next off season I'm pretty sure he will be on his best behavior. Plus, Ryans and CJ will keep him in check.

responses will be seen in training camp & September ... on the field.
Don't put the cart in front of the horse. Diggs deserves a fresh start-- be a Houstonian, welcome & allow him to come in and contribute without being scrutinized or chastised for his past decisions before he ever suits up and makes that first catch.
He may have the best WR corps he's played around-- I think he overcomes whatever "drama" issues that have been mentioned by others, takes that next step as a professional football player/leader & and completely buys into the team/organization/players/coaches/culture/Houston...etc.

(also, I can't help but Nelson-Muntz-LOL at Brandin Cooks)
Obviously, you do not follow professional sports. There is always a rash of emojis on all media platforms putting the cart before the horse. We have seen his new co-worker running back Joe Mixon do exactly what you say he should not do. It is not unreasonable for fans to expect the wide receivers to reach out to Diggs.

I don’t care for their room. If you can’t protect CJ this whole thing blows up in smoke. You of all people should know. You just see how the board falls. Take your guy if there. I absolutely love this offensive line class, like WR class but that would be over kill, still wouldn’t hate it.
Lets see how the draft goes then START to make some judgements. I could see if the really like a guy like Glover and he's there at the beginning of the 5th rd, Caserio trading up to get him even if if meant trading one of this yrs 6ths and a 2025 5th.

That's my biggest fear.
I expect CJ to help his line out more this year but still, if you invest so much talent in your receiver corp, you obviously need to utilize it and that may mean the QB needs to hold on to the ball longer.

Lets see how the draft goes then START to make some judgements. I could see if the really like a guy like Glover and he's there at the beginning of the 5th rd, Caserio trading up to get him even if if meant trading one of this yrs 6ths and a 2025 5th.
There will be more moving up than moving down now.

That's my biggest fear.
I expect CJ to help his line out more this year but still, if you invest so much talent in your receiver corp, you obviously need to utilize it and that may mean the QB needs to hold on to the ball longer.
It’s all about watching film & exploiting weaknesses. CJ will be a marked man!

Mushroom man is washed. I don't buy the Jets as a real SB contender. Maybe they do some damage in the AFC East, we'll see. I just hope I'm right, because I don't want to have the Texans playing a playoff game on that turf.
Why do you say he's washed.

I think I remember reading somewhere that they replaced the turf.

Guys should chillax man. Diggs isn’t a locker room cancer. He’s just a passionate human being. The same guy who stayed on the field and watched Mahomes Chiefs celebrate the afc championship. Although the media and buffalo fans have tricked the masses into believing he’s a toxic team player but in reality this guy is just a dawg and he’s going to go hard next season to prove that Josh Allen and the Bills were the problem. A multiple pro bowl top 5 receiver when you thought it was tantrums was actually his way of trying to help and fix the mistakes Josh Allen and billsmafia weren’t seeing. This is the nfl man. People have lost their lives on those fields. If you’re my qb and you get offended because I’m yelling at you sometimes, I wouldn’t want to be on your team either
A team doesn't eat $31 mil on a talented, passionate player just to get him out of the building. He's been ran off of two teams. His MO is to play nice the first couple of years, then the high speed come a parts start happening. He might not be AB or TO over the top about it, but he does some things that neither the Vikings or Bills were willing to tolerate.

How often was Stroud running for his life with the make shift line we had last year?

I think something very important needs to be re-emphasized.

We are supposed to be going all in this year. He MUST play well this year to maintain his value. Even if he wants go somewhere else after this year, (which I will very much doubt) he has to maintain his value.

So, we have a highly incentivized mercenary who, BTW…. wants a ring more than anything.
very good point!

A team doesn't eat $31 mil on a talented, passionate player just to get him out of the building. He's been ran off of two teams. His MO is to play nice the first couple of years, then the high speed come a parts start happening. He might not be AB or TO over the top about it, but he does some things that neither the Vikings or Bills were willing to tolerate.
I like how you paint this bad guy narrative when reports have been coming out Josh Allen yelled at Diggs after week 1 loss vs jets

Imagine how good he could be with even a half second extra.
He will be facing a lot of talented defenses this year so for mine, an upgrade on the Oline is a no-brainer.

Do you have any idea how much we have invested in the Oline including in the last draft? Seriously we have poured more draft capital into it than any other part of the team. You are not going to have a line of all pros and you are not going to have a line that never let's the QB get hit, It’s just not possible. I don't think they are done making moves but at some point you have to say "ok we have improved this as much as we can without hurting the overall team. Now we go to war with the army we have."

Interesting. If Josh Allen had said something to Diggs about dropping three passes in comparison to Josh Allen throwing three interception, I think most people would support the quarterback. These are experienced veterans and I think any such should be able to call out another one as it appeared Stefon Diggs may have called out Allen. He did it quietly and in private so I would not even say he called him out. QBs should not have three interceptions although I know it is football.

Do you have any idea how much we have invested in the Oline including in the last draft? Seriously we have poured more draft capital into it than any other part of the team. You are not going to have a line of all pros and you are not going to have a line that never let's the QB get hit, It’s just not possible. I don't think they are done making moves but at some point you have to say "ok we have improved this as much as we can without hurting the overall team. Now we go to war with the army we have."
Sure but is it Custer's Army?

I get it, but this same group allowed two concussions on CJ last season.
We have an obvious need to upgrade LG and is Howard even going to be available straight away? And will he be 100%?
These are valid points and for mine, no amount of money is too much to protect Stroud.
Besides, if you unearth a nugget, you have the ability to release someone or have trade bait.

I get it, but this same group allowed two concussions on CJ last season.
We have an obvious need to upgrade LG and is Howard even going to be available straight away? And will he be 100%?
These are valid points and for mine, no amount of money is too much to protect Stroud.
Besides, if you unearth a nugget, you have the ability to release someone or have trade bait.
Not many lines can protect against gravity and the ground making contact with the head on the occasions the defense does get through.

Also, Im no doctor but I've heard that once a first concussion happens a second is much easier and almost inevitable (if the activitiesthat lead to the first continue)... but again Im not a doctor so for all I know its the modern day equivalent of "get the leeches" or "drill a hole in his skull to let the demons out!".

I like how you paint this bad guy narrative when reports have been coming out Josh Allen yelled at Diggs after week 1 loss vs jets
No reporting on what Diggs said to him. I'm pretty sure, by Allen's response, that it wasn't supportive. If you think he's a great guy and just misunderstood, that's fine. Don't expect me to play along. He's a Texan, so I'll root for him and hope he has a season for the ages. I just don't think he's a team first guy. Diggs ain't no Andre Johnson.

Interesting. If Josh Allen had said something to Diggs about dropping three passes in comparison to Josh Allen throwing three interception, I think most people would support the quarterback. These are experienced veterans and I think any such should be able to call out another one as it appeared Stefon Diggs may have called out Allen. He did it quietly and in private so I would not even say he called him out. QBs should not have three interceptions although I know it is football.
Allen is an INT machine. I get it that fans like to see his heroics, but those heroics lead to as many losses as they do wins. Sometimes you just have to throw the ball away and go on to the next play. INTs are game changers much more so than dropped passes.
Both guys should be professional enough to hold their tongues until there's no press around.

Don't you trust Caserio to handle that just like he did last year?

BTW, it's only April 6
Everybody has their weaknesses. George Fant was the Texans starting RT last year. Caserio let him walk in free agency to Seahawks. I can’t even remember seeing Tytus Howard play meaningful snaps for extended period of time but yet we’re banking on him to protect CJ and improve running lanes for Mixon? I have a lot of questions, enough to spend and address in OT second round.

Couple who would immediately impact the OL group (some kick inside and can play OG as well) Cooper Beebe, Kansas State, who reminds me of Zach Martin, Patrick Paul, Houston a true OT with exceptional length and nasty demeanor, 6-7 with plus 36” arm length. Brandon Coleman, TCU, tough, competitive and durable can play either tackle positions or kick inside. Those offensive linemen should all be in play 2nd rd. with ability to compete immediately & upgrade OL room.

:logo:

Everybody has their weaknesses. George Fant was the Texans starting RT last year. Caserio let him walk in free agency to Seahawks. I can’t even remember seeing Tytus Howard play meaningful snaps for extended period of time but yet we’re banking on him to protect CJ and improve running lanes for Mixon? I have a lot of questions, enough to spend and address in OT second round.

Couple who would immediately impact the OL group (some kick inside and can play OG as well) Cooper Beebe, Kansas State, who reminds me of Zach Martin, Patrick Paul, Houston a true OT with exceptional length and nasty demeanor, 6-7 with plus 36” arm length. Brandon Coleman, TCU, tough, competitive and durable can play either tackle positions or kick inside. Those offensive linemen should all be in play 2nd rd. with ability to compete immediately & upgrade OL room.

:logo:
I say again, it's only April 6. I just think you are judging way to early

No reporting on what Diggs said to him. I'm pretty sure, by Allen's response, that it wasn't supportive. If you think he's a great guy and just misunderstood, that's fine. Don't expect me to play along. He's a Texan, so I'll root for him and hope he has a season for the ages. I just don't think he's a team first guy. Diggs ain't no Andre Johnson.
Or he just didn’t want to hear anything else and just blew up. Some people get upset even when people continue to give them encouragement.

Reactions: JB
A credible running game, increased pass catching weapons, and CJ mastering the offense and becoming a field general will all helps reduce sack numbers and/or hits. Considering the turnstile we had at 3 positions last year, it was a freaking miracle CJ stayed upright the vast majority of the time. Major kudos to this coaching staff! I remember games where he was barely hit. The one concussion he suffered was 100% a missed blocking assignment (mental error), and he got hit hard on a field that is concrete and should be outlawed by the NFL if they cared about player safety half as much as they purport to. Outside of that, he would have played 17 games. CJ is durable. I’m not worried in the least.

I cannot wait to see what Nick does with pick 189 we got from Buffalo in the Diggs trade! Then round 5 in 2025!

...how's life screwed you over to the point of being a pessimist about everything... is the payoff: expect the absolute worse / whatever happens better than the worse = a win to your psyche??
you'll say it's realism, most others would say its pessimism... hey bro--- whatever happened, is done & your story gets better as soon as you're able to move on.

Coach Ryans quote isn't sig'd for any stupid homer reason. 👇

...how's life screwed you over to the point of being a pessimist about everything... is the payoff: expect the absolute worse / whatever happens better than the worse = a win to your psyche??
you'll say it's realism, most others would say its pessimism... hey bro--- whatever happened, is done & your story gets better as soon as you're able to move on.

Coach Ryans quote isn't sig'd for any stupid homer reason. 👇
I have no idea what you're talking about. I am one of the most optimistic on this board . Even the comment that you replied to was one of optimism knowing how our general manager can do a lot with almost nothing. You might put down the wacky weed and have a good night's sleep and try again tomorrow?
Your last sentence makes no sense. Yet it's just like the rest of your post.
I cannot wait to see what Nick does with pick 189 we got from Buffalo in the Diggs trade! Then round 5 in 2025!

I know of the one concussion. Just because you suspected he had another doesn't mean he did
Don’t be obtuse. It happened during the Broncos game… which was the game -before- the ill-fated Jets game. The man went into concussion protocol during the Broncos game. Came out of the tent and hopped over the bench. He didn’t look right though.

Back