Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Diggs to Houston

A team physician should not be given out information like that. So y’all were just holding a conversation and you asked him what’s CJ diagnosis?
Friends give friends their opinions on work things.

So do you just not like the fact that CnD has inside sources and would you prefer that he not give us his well informed opinions?

So do you just not like the fact that CnD has inside sources and would you prefer that he not give us his well informed opinions?
i come from a family of several doctors. The way I understand it is this… Discussing a “patient” is one thing but to discuss -Stroud- without his consent… absolutely a
violation of HIPPA.

Not saying CnD broke HIPPA either. No idea how their conversation went.

If your friend tell you something in confidence, you should not disclose that information no matter what. The Texans organization said he wasn’t concussed. The way things are these days, don’t you know how much trouble they could have gotten themselves into?

If your friend tell you something in confidence, you should not disclose that information no matter what. The Texans organization said he wasn’t concussed. The way things are these days, don’t you know how much trouble they could have gotten themselves into?

You didn't answer my question and I'm pretty sure no laws were broken here, although I'm not a lawyer or a doctor.

You didn't answer my question and I'm pretty sure no laws were broken here, although I'm not a lawyer or a doctor.
Your question was irrelevant that’s why I didn’t answer it. I have no qualms with CnD so please don’t attempt to make it as such.
What I do know is the Texans said he wasn’t concussed. That was not in their report. They have no reason to lie about any of their players injury. Especially their new franchise quarterback. Do you honestly believe they’re going pull a stunt like that after the crap they went through with Watson? Come on people

Your question was irrelevant that’s why I didn’t answer it. I have no qualms with CnD so please don’t attempt to make it as such.
What I do know is the Texans said he wasn’t concussed. That was not in their report. They have no reason to lie about any of their players injury. Especially their new franchise quarterback. Do you honestly believe they’re going pull a stunt like that after the crap they went through with Watson? Come on people
It is very relevant.

Yes, teams do lie about concussions and have incentive to do so.

I can see we think very differently when it comes to the level of trust when it comes to info that NFL teams give to the public.

Bear with me. Sometimes I need repeating. Hearing/speech problems and all.

😂

All good Nitro. I have a cousin that is deaf. Mom had measles while pregnant and that apparently caused a birth defect. She’s my age so almost 60 now. Due to that, she has major speech problems but I can almost always understand her. I always wished I had learned sign language. I find it fascinating. She taught me the I love you sign, but I know almost nothing beyond that. Thanks for being a friend!

Here ya' go Doc. Just in case you want to watch the game at your leisure. https://nfl-video.com/houston-texas-vs-new-york-jets-full-game-replay-2023-nfl-week-14
I reviewed the video.

The rain made exact interpretation less possible. What I did notice was that his footwork was not his typical, especially when dropping back and especially under pressure. This continued into the 2nd half when the rain let up. His cognitive decision-making in the game could be seen as atypical for him in that there were at least 3 of his passes that should have been intercepted but were not. But again, the rain factor made validity of interpretation regarding the potential of post concussion effects very questionable. Not to say they weren't present.......just that they could not be validated under the conditions.

Wow! I thought the Steven a Smith podcast was in response to what Whitlock said about Diggs... otherwise, there is no way I would have clicked on that blowhard's podcast to listen... Well, I listened to as much as I could.. it is horrible!!! and it isn't related to Diggs but just some pissing contest between those two. AVOID! Who can stand to listen to him?!

Wow! I thought the Steven a Smith podcast was in response to what Whitlock said about Diggs... otherwise, there is no way I would have clicked on that blowhard's podcast to listen... Well, I listened to as much as I could.. it is horrible!!! and it isn't related to Diggs but just some pissing contest between those two. AVOID! Who can stand to listen to him?!
I agree however do not know anything about Jason Whitlock and wanted to present a prior history between him and another guy I do not like.

I can get wild speculation on social media. How about we stick with the facts. The fact is CJ had One…let me repeat for those In The back… ONE concussion which happened on a field that should never be played on by any human, dog, turtle, or pet lizard. You try hitting your head that hard on a slab of concrete and see how it feels. Anyone would be concussed in that situation.
Can’t blame that one on the crappy field. The late hit/slam by that one dude is what did it. Cant believe they didn’t even flag him.

From link

It's been years since I've been to a strip club, but I used to be a strip club connoisseur. Houston as a ‘strip club capital -- it's got to be in the top five in the country. I'd put Miami, Vegas, Portland, Houston, and Atlanta -- those are the top five. I'm telling you; people swear by Houston strip clubs, Stefon Diggs is very happy.

There are some women in Houston celebrating right now ‘HEY, WE FOUND SOMEONE TO REPLACE JAMES HARDEN HERE IN HOUSTON!

Should we be proud? I feel like we should be proud.

I don't really care about any of this. The Texans rented him for a 2025 2nd rounder and $21 million. If he comes here and shows his ass, he'll be just about done in the NFL. The owners will blackball him like they did TO and AB.

problem is that type of stuff is against the law....IF his "inside sources" are passing that info along to him about the specifics of these patients' injuries..HIPPAA. Now if its just his opinion on the injuries and he's just expanding on what he knows about those types of injuries from his experience..which is what i'm pretty sure he's doing, it's all good.

From link

Should we be proud? I feel like we should be proud.

Vegas
Atlanta
Toronto
New York
..............Houston? Are we really known like that for stip clubs? I don't think so.

But its been a minute since I was on that scene in the late 90's early 2000's. & I don't recall ours being all that...naked chicks in 1 spot is the same as every other place to me...Now if you're 1 of those dudes where all the girls know you by name b/c you think they're into you................................. & really its just b/c you're in there all the time and they know you're a very heavy tipper....& you eat lunch and dinner in there at the buffets...then i guess we're tops.

I’m someone who worked at the strip clubs for years as a valet attendant. I can absolutely tell you that Houston -is- a premiere strip club town. It goes hand in hand with international businesses that come to Houston to do business. Similar to how Houston is an incredibly diverse foodie town.

As for folks trying to downplay someone’s character for attending those type of places… bleh. Many of my customers were incredible human beings. Everyone has different reasons for choosing strip clubs… especially out-of-towners… and it’s not always to cheat on their wife or whatever.

Side note… no I didn’t go to those clubs as a customer. Not my style,

Not a cancer:

I mean that paragraph explaining what happened in Minnesota and Buffalo makes it seem like he's a ticking time bomb primadonna *****, but hey. Usually players like that who are that good who bounce around have some sort of issue.

I have hopes that he'll be good. Gary Sheffield had the same concerns before he came to Atlanta and he was a model citizen then.

I mean that paragraph explaining what happened in Minnesota and Buffalo makes it seem like he's a ticking time bomb primadonna *****, but hey. Usually players like that who are that good who bounce around have some sort of issue.

I have hopes that he'll be good. Gary Sheffield had the same concerns before he came to Atlanta and he was a model citizen then.
I haven't weighed in on this topic yet but here goes.
As an alpha type receiver, Diggs will expect to get the lions share of the ball and probably rightfully so, but he should also realize he is the new boy in town here and we already have two excellent receivers.
I hope he is more focused on winning games and letting CJ go where the defense has let one of the other guys get open. Gotta move the chains first and foremost.
Let CJ play his natural game of distributing the ball - that is what he is good at otherwise you might force him to play a different style of game.
Iow, we want him to continue to develop his full compliment of skills and not be forced into trying to get the ball to one player all the time.
Gotta look after your home boys too...

i come from a family of several doctors. The way I understand it is this… Discussing a “patient” is one thing but to discuss -Stroud- without his consent… absolutely a
violation of HIPPA.

Not saying CnD broke HIPPA either. No idea how their conversation went.
Cloak is not Stroud's physician.. HIPPA would be directed at a person directly treating Stroud.. (Cloak would be considered a 3rd party) aka... anyone else with a source.. I actually like having a source or anyone who can accurately guide me through the bullshit that's called a "Texans/NFL injury report", just saying. Don't kill the messenger

Last edited:
Cloak is not Stroud's physician.. HIPPA would be directed at a person directly treating Stroud.. (Cloak would be considered a 3rd party) aka... anyone else with a source.. I actually like having a source of anyone who can accurately guide me through the bullshit that's called a "Texans/NFL injury report", just saying. Don't kill the messenger
Doc is not the only one who knows people who either works for the Texans or cover them. And I wasn’t killing the messenger either. What I do know is the Texans organization is operating totally different from years past. And no way their going to jeopardize or compromise their stuff again.

Yeah we know, but the bigger question is.. Did they? I mean they are the ones who settled for undisclosed millions just a few years ago..

I don't think this is a Texans thing though.. it's a NFL thing, they wrote lawer b.s... started a "screening process" (that they don't enforce) to protect them from liability in the future. Anyone who has ever been concussed, knocked out, or has had his "bell rung".. knows that was a concussion. What the video again.

Yeah we know, but the bigger question is.. Did they? I mean they are the ones who settled for undisclosed millions just a few years ago..

I don't think this is a Texans thing though.. it's a NFL thing, they wrote lawer b.s... started a "screening process" (that they don't enforce) to protect them from liability in the future. Anyone who has ever been concussed, knocked out, or has had his "bell rung".. knows that was a concussion. What the video again.
I’ve played this game and I have had a few myself. But like I said they’re not going to lie about that and they surly wouldn’t have allowed him to go back in the game.

You honestly believe after all they been through, they would lie about an injury report about their newly franchise quarterback?

They were scrutinized big time for the way they handled D-Chump and two Head Coaches. So we’re going to go back down that rabbit hole. Highly doubt

Doc is not the only one who knows people who either works for the Texans or cover them. And I wasn’t killing the messenger either. What I do know is the Texans organization is operating totally different from years past. And no way their going to jeopardize or compromise their stuff again.
My don't kill the messenger comment wasn't directed at you personally. This guy gets way too much flak and crap for just sharing his insight and medical expertise. I hope all of what you say is true, I'm a Texans fan so regarding the medical staff specifically.

I really hope it's true. I have seen this medical staff take short cuts throughout it's entire history to our franchise players which ultimately cut their career dominance short. They cut Andre's hamstring, wasn't the same player after that. They kept allowing Watt to be "superman" in meaningless games when it was obvious to a layman that was stupid as hell.

The people who dog on the guy don't admit he's wright about 90% of the time when it comes to the injury prognosis vs Texans/NFL staffs.

I’ve played this game and I have had a few myself.

I didn't play the game outside of youth league.. I boxed, C.J. had refs point to his sidelines like they had to direct him to his corner while his "corner men" team physicians had to come get his ass before the fight was called.. He DEFINITELY was concussed

I don't like Mike Florio, search me talking about him (I normally don't agree with him), but he's spot on here

But like I said they’re not going to lie about that and they surly wouldn’t have allowed him to go back in the game.

You honestly believe after all they been through, they would lie about an injury report about their newly franchise quarterback?
😂 YES!!!

Again, not a Texans thing, it's the way the league operates.

Cloak is not Stroud's physician.. HIPPA would be directed at a person directly treating Stroud.. (Cloak would be considered a 3rd party) aka... anyone else with a source.. I actually like having a source of anyone who can accurately guide me through the bullshit that's called a "Texans/NFL injury report", just saying. Don't kill the messenger
I think the HIPPA reference was concerning the guys treating Stroud. If they discussed Stroud with anyone not in the need to know, it would be a violation. If any of those people in the need to know discussed Stroud with anyone else, that would be a violation.

What happens in the tent stays in the tent... or at least it should.

I didn't play the game outside of youth league.. I boxed, C.J. had refs point to his sidelines like they had to direct him to his corner while his "corner men" team physicians had to come get his ass before the fight was called.. He DEFINITELY was concussed

I don't like Mike Florio, search me talking about him (I normally don't agree with him), but he's spot on here

😂 YES!!!

Again, not a Texans thing, it's the way the league operates.
The league has cracked down on stuff like that. They just put a new rule in place. They’re very serious about concussion because of all the legal battles over the years from ex players.

The league has cracked down on stuff like that. They just put a new rule in place. They’re very serious about concussion because of all the legal battles over the years from ex players.
... And that's why they put up the lawyer concussion protocol they have now. They keep changing rules, but their own rules allowed a player who was basically drug off a field, get hit again next week and miss multiple weeks.

I think C.J. has earned Brady/Manning rules this season.. He's not a rookie anymore, I expect to see a fart directed at him called a personal foul this season.

The last time I went to a strip club I somehow got all this glitter all over my front area, couldn't get it out and messed up my clothes. Still can't figure out where all that glitter came from.... mysteries of the universe :bubble:

My don't kill the messenger comment wasn't directed at you personally. This guy gets way too much flak and crap for just sharing his insight and medical expertise. I hope all of what you say is true, I'm a Texans fan so regarding the medical staff specifically.

I really hope it's true. I have seen this medical staff take short cuts throughout it's entire history to our franchise players which ultimately cut their career dominance short. They cut Andre's hamstring, wasn't the same player after that. They kept allowing Watt to be "superman" in meaningless games when it was obvious to a layman that was stupid as hell.

The people who dog on the guy don't admit he's wright about 90% of the time when it comes to the injury prognosis vs Texans/NFL staffs.
My comment was directed at the doctors treating Stroud.

Back