Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

Understand your point. Went back to ground and pound while Harbaugh went up tempo. Unexplainable? Not taking snaps under center more the norm now, no biggie but bet on pro day and combine he shows he can perform drop backs 3, 5 & 7. I never like it when coaching takes the run ability of his QB off the table. Herbert use to use his legs a lot. But Lombardi took that out. He got injured, now his whole throwing motion dropped to 3/4 looks like Rivers now. Just never know, but to your point, playing in that Ohio State offense does make him more of a projection, even though I stand by my list of his traits.

his traits are good…thats why im fairly positive he’ll be the pick…as much as i am against it. The pressure will be too great for us not to take him.

I think all would agree that the Texans need a very good quarterback. Can a Stroud or Young become a very good NFL quarterback with the Houston coaching staff? For that matter can a quarterback in 2024? If the answer is no then we should replace our coaching asap.

For whatever reason management has decided to remove Davis Mills as starter. I think the results will be the same if not worse with Allen. How does Caserio convince Cal McNair that we can win with Lovie Smith? If I were the owner I would want to least have faith that my coaching could change my current quarterbacks into at least good. That is not happening.
IMO coaching has to be fixed before fixing roster.

Anderson hasn't really impressed. Mostly a non factor in the game.
I was shocked at his lack of motor today. I thought he had a high JJ type of motor but no, he was lazy when the play went away from him

Last edited:
Go back and checkout the Northwestern/Penn St./Iowa/Maryland games and get back with me. Top 15 QB in the NFL at best.

Lol. C.J. Stroud **** the bed today against Michigan, getting outplayed at home by a sophomore J.J. McCarthy and against a predominently run-oriented team.

From AP: ''People are going to say I never won The Game, and I understand,'' said Stroud, a third-year player likely to enter the NFL draft. ''People are going to say I never won the Big Ten championship, I understand. When it comes to that, I just have to eat it.''

Last edited:
Why not he’s done a very good job with Herbert and Luck.

Brother we have to take into account who he’s working with now. Mills has underperformed big time and most of that is not on Pep.
Looks like your buddy C.J. Stroud just got his ass kicked at home by J.J. McCarthy in the biggest game of the year lol. Looks like he'd be a perfect fit with the Texans 🤣

Lol. This is the guy that some people want to draft for this team? What a horrible play by Stroud in the red zone today to seal the loss. Imagine what he would do if the interior Texans OL was this bad next year. I can hardly wait.

2023 draft isn't looking like a good year to need a quarterback, which the Texans do. So of course, the Texans will be drafting #1. Maybe there's an injured CB they can draft at that spot.

Lol. This headline says it all...
C.J. Stroud tanks his draft stock in Buckeyes’ loss to Michigan, could help him slide to Saints

Did you bother to read it? That's a daydream of a Saint's fan
We can dream, right?
Jokes aside, this loss was more on the Buckeyes defense than Stroud’s efforts on offense.
That won’t stop us from daydreaming, though. With the future at quarterback as bleak as it’s ever been in some Saints fans’ lifetimes, we’ll cope however we can

Did you bother to read it? That's a daydream of a Saint's fan
I did after I posted. I left it up because while it's a parody, I think it reflects an underlying current of feeling following the game. Stroud got outplayed and played like ass down the stretch. Could be wrong. I don't see this guy being the Top pick in 2023.

My point remains... he's not hurting for money

it's interesting
teams get to observe how potential #1s deal with $$$
in certain cases, it could expose character flaws

if Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf had made bank in college, they'd perhaps have shown signs of implosion prior to being drafted

drafting a qb with a top 5 pick, i'd want as much insight into the character of the kid as possible

Lol. C.J. Stroud **** the bed today against Michigan, getting outplayed at home by a sophomore J.J. McCarthy and against a predominently run-oriented team.

From AP: ''People are going to say I never won The Game, and I understand,'' said Stroud, a third-year player likely to enter the NFL draft. ''People are going to say I never won the Big Ten championship, I understand. When it comes to that, I just have to eat it.''

Just another reason to pass on Stroud.

Just another reason to pass on Stroud.
His footwork looks off from some of the highlights I'm watching. I'm not particularly impressed... Certainly not @ #1 overall. Shown no ability to win the big games with the most 5-star recruit talent in NCAA football. Let's see what the combine brings. Not sure the buckeyes will even make the playoffs now.

scenario given current draft slot, per Athletic -
1. Houston trades No. 1 to Carolina for Nos. 2 and 35, and a 2024 third.
Panthers' picks
PICKPLAYERPOSITIONSCHOOL
1Bryce YoungQBAlabama
52Rashee RiceWRSMU
84Tommy EichenbergLBOhio State
Texans' picks
PICKPLAYERPOSITIONSCHOOL
2C.J. StroudQBOhio State
7Myles MurphyEdgeClemson
33O’Cyrus TorranceOLFlorida
35Josh DownsWRNorth Carolina
65A.T. Perry WRWake Forest
69Dalton KincadeTEUtah

scenario given current draft slot, per Athletic -
1. Houston trades No. 1 to Carolina for Nos. 2 and 35, and a 2024 third.
Panthers' picks
PICKPLAYERPOSITIONSCHOOL
1Bryce YoungQBAlabama
52Rashee RiceWRSMU
84Tommy EichenbergLBOhio State
Texans' picks

PICKPLAYERPOSITIONSCHOOL
2C.J. StroudQBOhio State
7Myles MurphyEdgeClemson
33O’Cyrus TorranceOLFlorida
35Josh DownsWRNorth Carolina
65A.T. PerryWRWake Forest
69Dalton KincadeTEUtah

I'd take that trade down in a heartbeat.

Full disclosure. Proposed two days before game on Saturday but does help Texans if they took Stroud. Road grader OL two WR’s and dynamic TE. Bonus is best edge rusher in draft, Myles Murphy.

Reactions: JB
Lol. This is the guy that some people want to draft for this team? What a horrible play by Stroud in the red zone today to seal the loss. Imagine what he would do if the interior Texans OL was this bad next year. I can hardly wait.

Bad play, should've taken the sack and give it another shot. The fact his knee looked down before he attempted the pass. That game was pretty much over before that play. 4 minutes left, down by 15. The defense gave up 5 tds of more that 45+ yards. They were out over their skiis today. They gave up back to back 70 yd tds to the 2nd string rb.

Just rewatched the Alabama game. Young was efficient; effortlessly and methodically running his offense and moving the chains. Had only a few bad throws, and that forth quarter interception, but had a good game. I'd like to see him against a better defense and under more pressure. Hope Alabama makes it into the playoffs.

I could see him running Pep's offense. Alabama's is not all that different from the Texans'. He'd be, imo, a better choice than Stroud.

I’d like to take a flyer on Michael Penix jr, particularly if you could either trade down to get him or get him at the top of the second. Admittedly, he has a scary injury history but he throws the ball as well as any QB in the country
I watched zero huskies games, but was interested to hear Andre on the radio say he is 100% convinced covering college football that Penix throws the ball the best in CFB. Will have to find some games and watch bowl game. Andre was not mincing words, so you have someone that agrees with you

Somewhere along the way, anyone with a minute amount of smmarts has to learn the theory of the hot stove. After all this franchise has been put through, if the Texans take on Stroud, they deserve everything that Mulugheta throws at them............and he definitely will.

Somewhere along the way, anyone with a minute amount of smmarts has to learn the theory of the hot stove. After all this franchise has been put through, if the Texans take on Stroud, they deserve everything that Mulugheta throws at them............and he definitely will.
The agent works for the player right?

Jalen Hurts kind of had that problem at Alabama, why he transferred to Oklahoma.

Don’t look now but “Athletes First” has quickly risen to become #1 sports agency in the world. That encompasses several high profile agents, including female and yes, David Mulugheta. I get he is not a popular fella around these parts, but he is aligned with his “Athletes First” clients & company so to avoid him is to avoid them. Might as well be an Ostrich and stick your collective heads in the sand, as the potential player pool shrinks and shrinks and shrinks.

David Mulugheta: I’m not in the business of selling dreams, and I let them know that up front. This business is about building solid relations – those that extend past contract negotiations and endorsement deals. I want my guys and their families to know that they can trust me to make things happen in their best interest and to do any and everything I can to contribute to their success on and off the field.

Don’t look now but “Athletes First” has quickly risen to become #1 sports agency in the world. That encompasses several high profile agents, including female and yes, David Mulugheta. I get he is not a popular fella around these parts, but he is aligned with his “Athletes First” clients & company so to avoid him is to avoid them. Might as well be an Ostrich and stick your collective heads in the sand, as the potential player pool shrinks and shrinks and shrinks.

David Mulugheta: I’m not in the business of selling dreams, and I let them know that up front. This business is about building solid relations – those that extend past contract negotiations and endorsement deals. I want my guys and their families to know that they can trust me to make things happen in their best interest and to do any and everything I can to contribute to their success on and off the field.

this is what folks here don’t understand..Mulugheta is here to stay..

have no idea…if he does, they’re probably a nobody that’s not good enough to cause anywhere close to the ripple effect a star player could create…
I am just curious. As a professional myself, I imagine they can strap on their big boy pants and move forward. He might be a little harder in his negotiations for players, but ultimately Watson drove that bus, and his agent helped him, not the other way around

The agency has been a powerhouse per se for a few years. Just look at their roster. I'm assuming, but maybe Caserio did them a solid for futures. You don't want to keep shrinking the talent pool.

Perhaps the Texans will look away from him and another team will desperately think they can make him their franchise and offer us a huge deal.

2023 draft isn't looking like a good year to need a quarterback, which the Texans do. So of course, the Texans will be drafting #1. Maybe there's an injured CB they can draft at that spot.
A very similar to Derek Stingley cornerback should be available in round two in the form of Alabama cornerback Eli Ricks. Very similar history and play to Stingley.

I’d like to take a flyer on Michael Penix jr, particularly if you could either trade down to get him or get him at the top of the second. Admittedly, he has a scary injury history but he throws the ball as well as any QB in the country
That's my guy in round two. I have yet to find a mock showing him in the top 100. He has the same abilities as young or Stroud in my opinion. A gamble but so is everyone else.

Back