Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

McCarthy is outplaying Stroud thus far…Not learning anything about Stroud…playing from a clean pocket all day…whivh he will definitely not have here lol
I don't think McCarthy has outplayed him. Are you watching the game or just looking at stats? Ohio State is running the ball way more, even at times when they should throw (some key third downs)

Reactions: JB
Something to keep in mind is both Stroud and Young are juniors; why is everyone so sure they will declare for the draft? I learned something interesting yesterday... Announcers talking about Bijan Robinson said that after the season he will have a big decision to make and will talk to family and coaches and agent. With the NIL money he is making ~$2M a year, so he doesn't have the huge financial boost to entice him to declare early. If he is making that much, how much do you figure the QB's at OSU and Alabama are getting? I think the days of nearly all draft eligible players declaring is over.

surely you jest, Bijan drives a Lambo.

I don't think McCarthy has outplayed him. Are you watching the game or just looking at stats? Ohio State is running the ball way more, even at times when they should throw (some key third downs)

im watching..McCarthy has shown some grit..has had to avoid the rush on the edges a few times, climbed the pocket and has dropped a few dimes downfield.

Stroud for the most part hasn’t been pressured at all..just sitting making his 1 read and getting the ball out quickly…hasn’t shown me that he can progress thru his reads …operating EXCLUSIVELY out of shotgun..which wont be the case in the NFL….

im watching..McCarthy has shown some grit..has had to avoid the rush on the edges a few times, climbed the pocket and has dropped a few dimes downfield.

Stroud for the most part has been pressured at all..just sitting making his 1 read and getting the ball out quickly…hasn’t shown me that he can progress thru his reads …operating EXCLUSIVELY out of shotgun..which wont be the case in the NFL….
I think McCarthy has made some nice throws and obviously plays in a more pro-style system with Harbaugh. But he has made some poor throws and failed to go through his progressions at times. I think he bails on plays much faster.

Stroud is most definitely going through progressions and on his TD pass used his eyes to keep the safety away from where he eventually threw. He's also made perfect passes throughout the game, on the sidelines, down the field, and on slants. His accuracy has been unreal. I agree that he is mostly out of the shotgun, but most elite passers coming out of colleges play in similar systems. The NFL is starting to play majority of snaps out of shotgun as well.

Same article
Boo freakin hoo. I hope Caserio steers clear from all that bs. Last thing we need is another entitled P.O.S MuluGhetto client being the face of the franchise!

I think McCarthy has made some nice throws and obviously plays in a more pro-style system with Harbaugh. But he has made some poor throws and failed to go through his progressions at times. I think he bails on plays much faster.

Stroud is most definitely going through progressions and on his TD pass used his eyes to keep the safety away from where he eventually threw. He's also made perfect passes throughout the game, on the sidelines, down the field, and on slants. His accuracy has been unreal. I agree that he is mostly out of the shotgun, but most elite passers coming out of colleges play in similar systems. The NFL is starting to play majority of snaps out of shotgun as well.

you’re forgetting that when we draft Stroud he’d be coming here playing under Lovie Smith…so he wouldn’t be in a system taking the majority of his snaps out of the shotgun…so in addition to overcoming the Lovie factor, he’d also have to overcome learning to play mostly from under center…..

Add that on top of the other reasons why drafting a qb next year would be a bad idea.

Boo freakin hoo. I hope Caserio steers clear from all that bs. Last thing we need is another entitled P.O.S MuluGhetto client being the face of the franchise!
If he's making that much as a junior, why would he declare for the draft?

you’re forgetting that when we draft Stroud he’d be coming here playing under Lovie Smith…so he wouldn’t be in a system taking the majority of his snaps out of the shotgun…so in addition to overcoming the Lovie factor, he’d also have to overcome learning to play mostly from under center…..

Add that on top of the other reasons why drafting a qb next year would be a bad idea.
Yeah, I hope we clean house with the coaches again. I don't trust any rebuild with those guys.

It's telling to me that on third down you don't trust your QB to throw, you have him run instead.

Good run and nice TD, but I want to see a guy make the throw there. Show some moxy.

Because at 1.1 hes walking into significantly more money and like 25 million in a signing bonus.
Yeah I forgot about the bonus money, but his base salary won't be higher. It's just that athletes no longer have to enter early for financial hardship reasons. Bonus money will be there next year also so he has a few things to weigh

Yeah I forgot about the bonus money, but his base salary won't be higher. It's just that athletes no longer have to enter early for financial hardship reasons. Bonus money will be there next year also so he has a few things to weigh
True, but risk of injury and sliding in the draft. He is guaranteed a top 5 pick this year, next year could be different.

It's conjecture, not news.

I will have you know that I am as credible as Brian Williams.

d2f5b3f881d72001ad82423d2c4150f3.jpg

Back