Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

Jeez he's already used to playing for a coach calling stupid plays at the worst time. Welcome to Houston, Stroud.

One thing I said I wanted to see from Mills is if he was clutch. He had multiple opportunities and failed. That is one of my reasons to move on.

4th quarter and in big game situation. This is where players show they can play. I want to see that a guy is clutch and has that competitive fire. Win at all costs and leave everything out there on the field.

His play in these last few drives for OSU should tell u what he’ll be here…and not b/c of his individual potential and skills….. but b/c of what he’ll have to work with and what will be around him here. He’s working with top of the line talent in OSU & he crumbled down the stretch…what will he look like when he doesn’t have all that?

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind is both Stroud and Young are juniors; why is everyone so sure they will declare for the draft? I learned something interesting yesterday... Announcers talking about Bijan Robinson said that after the season he will have a big decision to make and will talk to family and coaches and agent. With the NIL money he is making ~$2M a year, so he doesn't have the huge financial boost to entice him to declare early. If he is making that much, how much do you figure the QB's at OSU and Alabama are getting? I think the days of nearly all draft eligible players declaring is over.

Wouldn’t that be a gut punch if both stayed for another CFB season b/c the Texans had the #1 overall pick?

Put Stroud on a pedestal and not only did he run into a buzz saw, his coach did a terrible job making adjustments and play calling to undermine any chance for Ohio State. Game ball to Harbaugh for having his team ready and making great play calls, adjustments and seizing momentum.

Anybody interested in Harbaugh as next Houston Texan Head Coach?

Bryce Young came out on fire 🔥

Put Stroud on a pedestal and not only did he run into a buzz saw, his coach did a terrible job making adjustments and play calling to undermine any chance for Ohio State. Game ball to Harbaugh for having his team ready and making great play calls, adjustments and seizing momentum.

The fact that they stuck with man coverage for so long....they looked pitiful in coverage and then just got their asses wore down by the MI OL, great game for Harbaugh, I'm happy for him

I thought the Aggies should’ve pursued Harbaugh when he was leaving University of San Diego. I thought the Texans should’ve pursued Harbaugh when there was rough waters at Michigan and Watson was still in the fold. What impressed me most about Harbaugh….when he realized his offense was dated and willfully made a change to an OC who had a more current playbook. Most coaches prefer to fall on their sword versus admitting they need to make changes outside their comfort zones.

Last edited:

also known as the OSU offense…which doesn’t prepare these guys for the pros….

Exactly

Signed
Christian Ponder/Jake Locker

Personally I'm not waiting for a top 5 future hall of famer because I think he's the only guy with that value.

I don't think we have an environment to develop a QB. I think Andrew Luck could have been a hall of fame QB with a better offensive coaching staff. Instead he goes to a team focused on making everything around him work for who he is. Never, imo, tried to make him better. He loses his love for the game.

Again imo, Watson was made better by O'Brien forcing him to change the way he played the game

Best would be an Andy Reid type who is in between the two. Forcing him to change the way the QB plays but incorporating what he can do.

I'm afraid we'll take a potential top 15 QB & make Bortles him
You still have to draft him no matter what and build. Can’t be scared or you won’t ever get to where you want to be.

Reactions: JB
Young is looking pretty good... doesn't seem to small on the field.

Man what a beautiful deep pass for the TD!

Young is looking pretty good... doesn't seem to small on the field.

Man what a beautiful deep pass for the TD!
He's looking impressive.

But way too small.

Still, this is a rebuild so why not?

That’s where I disagree.

When you have a team with as many holes as the Texans you do not have that luxury.

It’s not about being scared. It’s about being smart.
It is, but if there is a guy you think is a franchise guy you have to take him and then build. I don't see that guy this year (Young would be but his size scares) so you build and hope for next year

also known as the OSU offense…which doesn’t prepare these guys for the pros….

Understand your point. Went back to ground and pound while Harbaugh went up tempo. Unexplainable? Not taking snaps under center more the norm now, no biggie but bet on pro day and combine he shows he can perform drop backs 3, 5 & 7. I never like it when coaching takes the run ability of his QB off the table. Herbert use to use his legs a lot. But Lombardi took that out. He got injured, now his whole throwing motion dropped to 3/4 looks like Rivers now. Just never know, but to your point, playing in that Ohio State offense does make him more of a projection, even though I stand by my list of his traits.

Just massively out of left field. You just have to take a QB!! You can’t wait till 2024, even though some feel the 2024 QB Class is better. The team MUST take a QB b/c Caserio’s job depends on it….the HC’s job depends on it. What a crock of opinion with no repercussions for the ones spewing.

What happens to Caserio and Lovie if they invest in one of the QB’s with their first pick and the results are little to no different? This team is not ready to develop another RD1 QB without dumping the entire staff and starting over…..and I just don’t see that happening in 2023.

Get a veteran QB and let him compete with the current QB’s on the roster in 2023. Why? Lovie and his staff will probably still be around. Give this team and Lovie a defense in 2023 so the Texans can eliminate one more question mark before 2024.
Caserio may but would Smith survive a 2023 season like 2022?

Bryce Young has been fairly impressive through the first half. Let’s see if he can close the show.

Bryce Young has been fairly impressive through the first half. Let’s see if he can close the show.
I'm behind only at the 9 minute point of second half, but I'd say Young has been OK, not particularly impressive. He's game managed very well. I'd say he's had only two well thrown passes. Bama has been mostly running the ball and no need for Young to carry the team.

How would twist of talking to O’Brian about Bryce Young impact Texans?

Guess they would trade out, probably willing to pass on Stroud and go defensive.

:koolaid:

Boo freakin hoo. I hope Caserio steers clear from all that bs. Last thing we need is another entitled P.O.S MuluGhetto client being the face of the franchise!
Be prepared to have this post deleted as mine was for your racist use of the agent's name.

Back