Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

It’s inevitable. Could be moved to main forum post draft if Texans select one in the draft and we compare them throughout their rookie season just like “Derek Stingley vs Sauce Gardner” thread. You know what camp I’m in you know what camp SteelbTexan is on but let’s discuss. In the end, it’s just important that we decide/select one of them when the opportunity is there. Have at it :koolaid:

I just can’t watch CFB. Maybe I’ll watch the championship game. Maybe

Reactions: JB
None of the above.
giphy.gif

Wish we could just focus on the football and not outside forces that do come into play when evaluating draft prospects and current NFL players but they do exist as part of equation so we need to get this out of way first (even though it will remain a constant area of concern for some). That is, the agent representing player.

CJ Stroud -

http://sportsagentblog.com/interview-with-the-agent/david-mulugheta/

Byrce Young -

http://sportsagentblog.com/2021/07/07/bryce-young-signs-with-caa-for-nil-representation/

Get use to it, just business. Too offensive for some but just nature of beast to most. These businesses decisions should not impact “player on field” success or failure, just something professional organizations deal with on everyday business.

I like both honestly. I side with the bigger player for the most part, but I like Young alot too. He makes the easy throws look easy and fundamental. I also like how he keeps 2 hands on the ball inside the pocket. I like Stroud because he throws effortlessly . People will talk about the big windows he has and that's true, but that's every college qb in america.

I like both honestly. I side with the bigger player for the most part, but I like Young alot too. He makes the easy throws look easy and fundamental. I also like how he keeps 2 hands on the ball inside the pocket. I like Stroud because he throws effortlessly . People will talk about the big windows he has and that's true, but that's every college qb in america.

Just curious, since we seem to be on the same page, who would you suggest for (if drafted by Texans) to coach them to their fullest potential.

Just curious, since we seem to be on the same page, who would you suggest for (if drafted by Texans) to coach them to their fullest potential.
Bienemy, Klint Kubiak, somebody like that who know what a good offense looks like. Even if one of them are drafted under Lovie and he's let go after next season, the next coach will have to evaluate the qb. If McDaniels would've said Tua was a bum, they would've moved on, but he's been in Tua's corner and his scheme is taking advantage of the short and medium accuracy of Tua. I'm not going to blame Pep for Mills being captain check down. He was fine with Herbert a couple of seasons ago. Now Lovie and the way he like to play modern football is another issue.

It’s inevitable. Could be moved to main forum post draft if Texans select one in the draft and we compare them throughout their rookie season just like “Derek Stingley vs Sauce Gardner” thread. You know what camp I’m in you know what camp SteelbTexan is on but let’s discuss. In the end, it’s just important that we decide/select one of them when the opportunity is there. Have at it :koolaid:
What if the opportunity is there but a long term answer isn't there for different reasons? Do you make the pick and hope your new midget QB can beat the odds, or that Stroud isn't another in a long line of Ohio State busts. I don't think he looked good against Penis St. or Northwestern. Imagine when he doesn't have a huge talent advantage how bad he's gonna look

If Caserio is forced to take a QB I hope he picks the midget.

Wish we could just focus on the football and not outside forces that do come into play when evaluating draft prospects and current NFL players but they do exist as part of equation so we need to get this out of way first (even though it will remain a constant area of concern for some). That is, the agent representing player.

CJ Stroud -

http://sportsagentblog.com/interview-with-the-agent/david-mulugheta/

Byrce Young -

http://sportsagentblog.com/2021/07/07/bryce-young-signs-with-caa-for-nil-representation/

Get use to it, just business. Too offensive for some but just nature of beast to most. These businesses decisions should not impact “player on field” success or failure, just something professional organizations deal with on everyday business.
Or orgs choose not to deal with except in very rare circumstances.

Who would want to have to deal with DM if 2 prospects are close to even. Just another reason to pick Young over Stroud. Have you noticed that some mocks have Stroud falling to #10? There's a few reasons for that.

Or orgs choose not to deal with except in very rare circumstances.

Who would want to have to deal with DM if 2 prospects are close to even. Just another reason to pick Young over Stroud. Have you noticed that some mocks have Stroud falling to #10? There's a few reasons for that.

not from those I follow -
Will Anderson Jr.
EDGE
Alabama
C.J. Stroud
QB
Ohio State
Jalen Carter
DT
Georgia
Bryce Young
QB
Alabama

I like Hooker better than either of these QB’s. His numbers for 2022 have happened while being sacked 22 times. He’s the #2 QB stats wise in the nation.

The QB really worth watching, UNC Freshman QB, Drake Maye. He’s 6-4 at 220 lbs as a Redshirt Freshman and sits near the top of the QB rankings while also getting sacked 26 times so far. He could be a very nice target come the 2024 NFL Draft.

I like Hooker better than either of these QB’s. His numbers for 2022 have happened while being sacked 22 times. He’s the #2 QB stats wise in the nation.

The QB really worth watching, UNC Freshman QB, Drake Maye. He’s 6-4 at 220 lbs as a Redshirt Freshman and sits near the top of the QB rankings while also getting sacked 26 times so far. He could be a very nice target come the 2024 NFL Draft.

Sack avoidance not a metric of concern?

I don’t know Bryce Young is learning football from Bill O’Brien, so whoever drafts him will have to give him brain shock treatments. Lots of crap to unlearn in the poor kids head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drake Maye not being in this QB class is very disappointing. I almost hope we suck just as bad next year for him assuming we don’t screw up and pick one this year

He Red Shirted in 2021. This is his Freshman season. 2023 at UNC. 2024 NFL Draft. If he performs in the same manner in 2023.....he's probably the top pick in 2024. Keep everyone on offense in place and fix the defense in the 2023 NFL Draft. Put up another stinker but competitive season and there's a very good chance Caserio could be in a position to make Drake Maye and Sean Payton Texans in 2024.

He Red Shirted in 2021. This is his Freshman season. 2023 at UNC. 2024 NFL Draft. If he performs in the same manner in 2023.....he's probably the top pick in 2024. Keep everyone on offense in place and fix the defense in the 2023 NFL Draft. Put up another stinker but competitive season and there's a very good chance Caserio could be in a position to make Drake Maye and Sean Payton Texans in 2024.
While I may not be as jaded as some on this forum I don’t see one of the most coveted coaching candidates coming here even in that situation. I think at best we can hope to grab one of the more average candidates and make it work from there.

Reactions: JB
While I may not be as jaded as some on this forum I don’t see one of the most coveted coaching candidates coming here even in that situation. I think at best we can hope to grab one of the more average candidates and make it work from there.
I honestly didn’t expect Parcels to work for Jerah, but that happened. So who knows?

I honestly didn’t expect Parcels to work for Jerah, but that happened. So who knows?
Haha that’s before my time but I’m sure stranger things have happened. I know it’s not possible but really wish I could get an unfiltered temperature check on what the rest of the league thinks of Houston in terms of job quality.

Do the pros of having really good draft capital over the next two years, the firing of Easterby, and the relative increase of stability here balance out the negatives of the past few years? I’d love to get a candidates thoughts on that

Unless he decides to stay in school like Peyton did...
and there is no way Payton will ever coach the Texans, let go of that pipe dream

They weren't shocked he went to work for Jerry Jones they were shocked because no one believed he'd come out of retirement again after 4 years

I was pretty shocked that he went to work for Jerry. Parcells was one of those first HCs who wanted to be the GM, too. And for Jerry, being GM was his way of playing real life Madden as an owner.

I didn't see them getting along or agreeing on anything.

QB Bryce Young, Alabama to the Houston Texans
On the football field, there are many similarities between Young and former Texan Deshaun Watson — the Alabama quarterback just possesses the kind of uncoachable playmaking ability and unshakable mentality you'd want to build a franchise around.

Even after losing two receivers drafted in the top 50 and a left tackle drafted in the top 10, Young’s performance has barely taken a hit. He's earned an 89.7 overall grade through Week 11, sixth among 76 Power Five quarterbacks.

I was pretty shocked that he went to work for Jerry. Parcells was one of those first HCs who wanted to be the GM, too. And for Jerry, being GM was his way of playing real life Madden as an owner.

I didn't see them getting along or agreeing on anything.
In 2002 Jerry wasn't known as such a GM minded owner was he?

In 2002 Jerry wasn't known as such a GM minded owner was he?
I thought he was.

That’s the way I remembered it. “Nobody” thought Parcels would work for Jerrah because of the control he would want That Jerrah wouldn’t give

I thought he was.

That’s the way I remembered it. “Nobody” thought Parcels would work for Jerrah because of the control he would want That Jerrah wouldn’t give
yeah I just don't remember

I love Young, he's everything you could ask for in a football player from leadership and intangibles. But you can't make him bigger - it's not the 5'11'/5'10' thing he can overcome that (most likely) the dude is thin. I worry he will get broken in the NFL - he is basically Doug Flutie sized.

Always the Texans luck, when they suck, the QB gods say 'not this year'.

I love Young, he's everything you could ask for in a football player from leadership and intangibles. But you can't make him bigger - it's not the 5'11'/5'10' thing he can overcome that (most likely) the dude is thin. I worry he will get broken in the NFL - he is basically Doug Flutie sized.

Always the Texans luck, when they suck, the QB gods say 'not this year'.

Don’t worry. We should suck next year too.

And we have an extra first to move up.

Don’t worry. We should suck next year too.

And we have an extra first to move up.

But they will be pressured into taking a QB this year by the media and fans (need something to build some hype in the city/keep pace with the Astros) and then won't take a QB in '24 etc.

We are football cursed, we can all see it happening...

Texans have #1 pick in '23
Draft Young
Kid looks great
Team wins 4/5 games in '23
We have our QB of the future
No QB need in '24
'25 QB injured, never fully recovers (RGIII anyone)
Two top QB's from the '24 class have long productive NFL careers, maybe even a Superbowl or two apiece...

Meanwhile the QB carosel / search continues.

And finally on my deathbed in, oh I don't know I'd like to live until 90'ish so 2062, "I told them not to take a QB in '23, set us back another 10 years - I'm 90 years old and we still haven't been to the AFCCG".

"It's okay grampy you can rest now"

My last words - "mother f****'s I knew we shouldn't draft a QB in '23, we're curesed!"

You know that's just one way it could go - kid could be great! Who knows :)

Back