Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

Sorry pathway leads down this road but time to put your big pants on and do what is necessary, drill down on both Bryce/CJ and decide, make the choice, then you can fully wrap around the build to facilitate their strengths and gains over course of rookie contracts to compete for a Superbowl in four/five years. That should be the goal.

:koolaid:

Sorry pathway leads down this road but time to put your big pants on and do what is necessary, drill down on both Bryce/CJ and decide, make the choice, then you can fully wrap around the build to facilitate their strengths and gains over course of rookie contracts to compete for a Superbowl in four/five years. That should be the goal.

:koolaid:
OR, the two best pass rushers, corners, or linebackers! We’d be good if they hit on any combo of those.

you must be confused on who's doing the whining
i'm not the one that appealed the moderators
I edited that post you just quoted. I actually don’t know who reported those other posts, didn’t actually assume it was you. We’re good.

Ohio State defense making stupid mistakes and penalties. Head Coach calling too conservative scheme, taking ball out of Strouds hands and just running the ball and punting every possession 2nd half, recipe for upset.

There might a reason that Day is taking the ball out of Stroud's hands.

That's my guy in round two. I have yet to find a mock showing him in the top 100. He has the same abilities as young or Stroud in my opinion. A gamble but so is everyone else.

Im worried the senior bowl is going to elevate his stock quite a bit.

OR, the two best pass rushers, corners, or linebackers! We’d be good if they hit on any combo of those.

That‘s an even bigger “if” than selecting the best QB prospect in the draft. We’ve waited since inception, to draft one with the first overall pick but there has never been one those years, now we’re too scared of picking the wrong one we don’t select either?

Undefeated TCU is also playing at 3:00, for a look at Johnson and Avila.

TCU's Max Duggan is my favorite QB in this class (for what the Texans need in a QB) and he won't cost a #1 pick.

His toughness reminds me of Joe Kapp. Duggan's a better passer though.

Pick up a couple of his wr's while you are at it. Coaches too, all would be an improvement over what we have now.

We can pick a "pretty boy" QB in a later draft. If that's what you want. (generic you)

Spend those higher picks on big ugly D & O linemen who will improve this team quicker than any QB will.

:coffee:

As we've previously discussed, this is one way to go, in which case, I'd draft Anderson (edge/lb) with first pick and then Carter (DT) with the second first. And go from there. I just prefer watching an exciting offense and couldn't get excited about more of what we have now.

I am concerned about our coaching staff.
After watching the Alabama game, Anderson did not impress. I think Carter, then Myles Murphy (DE), if I were to go defense.

That‘s an even bigger “if” than selecting the best QB prospect in the draft. We’ve waited since inception, to draft one with the first overall pick but there has never been one those years, now we’re too scared of picking the wrong one we don’t select either?
I wouldn't be scared to pick one if I thought they had the potential to be a top 5 QB.

Im worried the senior bowl is going to elevate his stock quite a bit.
I am hoping he will join a QB training program and skip both bowl and combine. Talking with a buddy recently and we both agreed most high first round projections should avoid combine more so if injured as with Jalen Carter and Bryce Young. Njigba-Smith may need to do some of the drills if healthy.

TCU's Max Duggan is my favorite QB in this class (for what the Texans need in a QB) and he won't cost a #1 pick.

His toughness reminds me of Joe Kapp. Duggan's a better passer though.

Pick up a couple of his wr's while you are at it. Coaches too, all would be an improvement over what we have now.

We can pick a "pretty boy" QB in a later draft. If that's what you want. (generic you)

Spend those higher picks on big ugly D & O linemen who will improve this team quicker than any QB will.

:coffee:

Like him as well, everybody needs a capable back-up that if called upon spot duty or injury can run an offense without collapsing expectations.

So you're saying Texans should wait? Or do they take a lesser light?

I was really thinking that Williams is listed exactly as 6'1 215...i.e. 3 inches and 30 lbs heavier than Bryce Young. If Young were 6'1 to 6'2 he would 1.1 in more eyes than not, but his size is a lot to overcome.

As of the end of November 2022 so five months before the draft

I think that the Texans will take Levis of Kentucky instead of Stroud or Young (QBS) or DL (Carter) edge (Anderson)

I would make sure that I get one I the four guys who are generally rated as the top 4 (above) depending on whether I think I could get a QB with the Browns pick I would take on the defensive players. If I had to take a QB it would be Undersized Bryce Young but that is a really weak yes.

If I thought my owner could stomach another terrible year, ignoring QB to 3rd or later would be an option so that I could put myself in a position for Caleb Williams. BTW, I don't think the McNair family stomachs a half-full stadium nor will give GM the ability to make purely long-term football decisions.

I'm well aware.. was just curious if he had the reason to articulate what he could merely hint at there..

I didn’t think y’all would take those comments (Woke Athletes First & MuluGhetto) as a personal attack since they weren’t directed towards any poster whatsoever. Just my personal opinion, nothing against anyone here.

I didn’t think y’all would take those comments (Woke Athletes First & MuluGhetto) as a personal attack since they weren’t directed towards any poster whatsoever. Just my personal opinion, nothing against anyone here.

I don't recall taking anything personally. I merely asked you a question pertaining to your post that you still haven't answered.

I don’t know about that. Not saying you’re wrong, but I have always heard that teams are more likely to hit on a very good defensive player than a QB. Hell, that might also just be an opinion. All I know is that neither Stroud or Young look like 1st overall pick worthy QBs.

Now, I wouldn’t mind Caserio spending a 2nd round pick on a QB this upcoming draft but hell to the nah on spending either one of our firsts on Young or Stroud.

Last edited:
I don’t know about that. Not saying you’re wrong, but I have always heard that teams are more likely to hit on a very good defensive player than a QB. Hell, that might also just be an opinion. All I know is that neither Stroud or Young look like 1st overall pick worthy QBs.

Now, I wouldn’t mind Caserio spending a 2nd pick on a QB for this upcoming draft but hell to the nah on spending either one of our firsts on Young or Stroud.

I would rather sign Grey Cup winner Chad Kelly in FA than sign Young/Stroud. Kelly's got the talent to be better than either one of these guys.

I don't recall taking anything personally. I merely asked you a question pertaining to your post that you still haven't answered.
Like I said before, that was my personal opinion. I think I made it perfectly clear that neither one of the posts were directed towards anyone in this message board. I’m done with this…

Like I said before, that was my personal opinion. I think I made it perfectly clear that neither one of the posts were directed towards anyone in this message board. I’m done with this…

And I'm just curious if you can articulate what guides you to the opinion that CJ Stroud is entitled?

Show me a post of mine that reads “CJ Stroud is entitled.” I’ll wait. This is getting ridiculous now.

The below quote of yours was a direct response to an article specifically about Stroud..
Boo freakin hoo. I hope Caserio steers clear from all that bs. Last thing we need is another entitled P.O.S MuluGhetto client being the face of the franchise!

Show me a post of mine that reads “CJ Stroud is entitled.” I’ll wait. This is getting ridiculous now.

I dont think anybody has said this.

Although some like me believe that his choice of agents makes me question his decision making abilties. This is in addition to Stroud becoming a top 15 QB at best.

Last edited:
The below quote of yours was a direct response to an article specifically about Stroud..
Then why didn’t you post the article and my responses because I still don’t see the name CJ Stroud followed by “is entitled” anywhere on either of the posts you quoted me on.

I dont think anybody has said this.

Although some like me believe that his choice of agents makes me question his decision making abilties. This isin addition to Stroud becoming a top 15 QB at best.
I personally have not seen anyone in this message board say that either. Just because I don’t believe that Young or Stroud are worth a 1st overall or even a late 1st round pick doesn’t mean that there are “lines to read between” as his buddy suggested. Now, their agent and one of said agent’s clients I will call a POS till I get bored of it.

I am just curious. As a professional myself, I imagine they can strap on their big boy pants and move forward. He might be a little harder in his negotiations for players, but ultimately Watson drove that bus, and his agent helped him, not the other way around
Its no different than dealing with Drew Rosenhaus. Some gms loved dealing with Drew, some despised it. He had so many top players, especially Miami players, they had to holla at him.

Too bad the College Football playoff expansion to 12 teams isn’t until 2024. Would be extra special to see Ohio State face off against Alabama.

Otherwise, have to wait for Combine & Pro days to work this out.

Then why didn’t you post the article and my responses because I still don’t see the name CJ Stroud followed by “is entitled” anywhere on either of the posts you quoted me on.

I posted your response to the article - and if you'd like to see the article again just follow the quote link - which clearly states you not wanting 'another entitled mulughetta client'. So unless you couldn't comprehend the article correctly and thought it was about anyone but Stroud then it was clear you were referring to him as the 'another entitled..' in your response.

Unless of course maybe it's the definition of 'another' that's the issue. Perhaps.

Or you can just own it now.

I posted your response to the article - and if you'd like to see the article again just follow the quote link - which clearly states you not wanting 'another entitled mulughetta client'. So unless you couldn't comprehend the article correctly and thought it was about anyone but Stroud then it was clear you were referring to him as the 'another entitled..' in your response.

Unless of course maybe it's the definition of 'another' that's the issue. Perhaps.

Whatever you say your highness. :rolleyes:

Too bad the College Football playoff expansion to 12 teams isn’t until 2024. Would be extra special to see Ohio State face off against Alabama.

Otherwise, have to wait for Combine & Pro days to work this out.
Could still happen if Alabama is one of the four wildcard teams, that is, one of the four teams the committee chooses.

SMH

Another gotta always be right post.

Back