Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

You actually think if Stroud's a competent QB but not a championship level QB that Cal wont sign him to a 2nd cap killing contract especially with DM as his agent. Getting paid is what all DM clients are about.
We wouldn't have to worry about it if we had a real GM, instead of the File Clerk.

Here's what heard....nothing!!!! What my eyes saw and what I interpreted based on what I was seeing, Caserio and Ryans had a mutual plan of attack prepared. The McNair's were excited enough to get out of the way. The Texans were going to come away from RD1 with QB- CJ Stroud and DE- Will Anderson Jr come hell or high water. They made this happen to the shock and amazement of media analysts and other GM's. Nothing like having a plan and successfully executing it.

Here's what heard....nothing!!!! What my eyes saw and what I interpreted based on what I was seeing, Caserio and Ryans had a mutual plan of attack prepared. The McNair's were excited enough to get out of the way. The Texans were going to come away from RD1 with QB- CJ Stroud and DE- Will Anderson Jr come hell or high water. They made this happen to the shock and amazement of media analysts and other GM's. Nothing like having a plan and successfully executing it.
The Texans were telling every coaching candidate that they were taking a QB in the draft. They bent over backwards to get new HC Ryans the DE he desired. As they should. The first time in a long time this organization looked like it was on the same page, rather than a dysfunctional soap opera.

It's difficult to look at the Texans and not believe this is and always will be an organization in chaos. I get that. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. No reason not to, now.

The Texans were telling every coaching candidate that they were taking a QB in the draft. They bent over backwards to get new HC Ryans the DE he desired. As they should. The first time in a long time this organization looked like it was on the same page, rather than a dysfunctional soap opera.

It's difficult to look at the Texans and not believe this is and always will be an organization in chaos. I get that. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. No reason not to, now.
They probably wanted to wait until the 12th pick to take a qb, but no way the top 2-3 QBs would make it that far. Plus, it would have been difficult to trade back up because they were going to compete with the Titans and Colts. I hope Will and CJ work out for them because I like them both.

This was indicative of Bryce Young’s pro day. Slo mo, half speed, lot of stretching then more extensive, yet nowhere simulating game speed. Cautiously conservative for a reason I’m sure.

I think Bryce is a BALLER and has a penchant for making plays, or at least he did in college. I also think he's a GREAT teammate and a class individual. I think too much is being made of his short stature. I think Carolina gave up too much to move up to #1 to take him. I think CJ'S game translates better to the NFL as he is a pure passer with elite accuracy and touch.

Reactions: JB
Two games guys. Relax and let it play out. But we can only go with what’s been seen. In that short time, it’s not close.

Bryce looked like a much shorter more athletic Mills. Couldn’t hit anyone outside the numbers, things just seemed discombobulated with him in there, and there just didn’t seem like he had things totally under control.

CJ so far is off to a rousing start. Considering all that is against him, it’s almost unbelievable what he has done. Sure, he’s had a few errant throws..they all do. Most of those are of the “under duress” mode. But most of his throws are elite in placement, and those incutting routes to Nico are amazing. The Jags will try to take those away, so Bobby needs to be able to answer.

I haven’t drawn any long term conclusions. CJ may regress and/or Bryce might start clicking with more experience. It’s going to be fun to see how it all plays out.

Two games guys. Relax and let it play out. But we can only go with what’s been seen. In that short time, it’s not close.

Bryce looked like a much shorter more athletic Mills. Couldn’t hit anyone outside the numbers, things just seemed discombobulated with him in there, and there just didn’t seem like he had things totally under control.

CJ so far is off to a rousing start. Considering all that is against him, it’s almost unbelievable what he has done. Sure, he’s had a few errant throws..they all do. Most of those are of the “under duress” mode. But most of his throws are elite in placement, and those incutting routes to Nico are amazing. The Jags will try to take those away, so Bobby needs to be able to answer.

I haven’t drawn any long term conclusions. CJ may regress and/or Bryce might start clicking with more experience. It’s going to be fun to see how it all plays out.
They'll go head to head, first game after the bye, Oct 29.

Who would have thought there would be such a gulf between Young and Stroud?
I thought Young would struggle a bit due to his height but he has struggled mightily while Stroud has taken the league by storm!
I thought Stroud would be good, but he has exceeded my expectations!
Now we simply MUST do everything in our power to protect him and give him every chance to unlock his full potential.
Once you get a QB like CJ, it would be stupid to squander your opportunity to win the big prize by not going all in - push all those chips in!

Who would have thought there would be such a gulf between Young and Stroud?
I thought Young would struggle a bit due to his height but he has struggled mightily while Stroud has taken the league by storm!
I thought Stroud would be good, but he has exceeded my expectations!
Now we simply MUST do everything in our power to protect him and give him every chance to unlock his full potential.
Once you get a QB like CJ, it would be stupid to squander your opportunity to win the big prize by not going all in - push all those chips in!

I don't know, I still think Young will be the better overall QB. Not because he will throw better than CJ but once the Panthers start drawing up plays where he runs between defenders legs or the RBs and TE drop back to throw him over defenders he's going to get a good 10-15 yards every play. Only thing that will really stop him is when teams with real grass fields tell the lawn guys not to mow the field a week before the game and he can't get around the tall grass.

You sure you had young and Stroud that high?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yes although I said I wouldn't pick a QB in that draft. I had Young as QB1. Obviously I got that draft all wrong.

I wanted WA at 1-2, trade back up for Carter/TE Washington in that draft.

Yes although I said I wouldn't pick a QB in that draft. I had Young as QB1. Obviously I got that draft all wrong.

I wanted WA at 1-2, trade back up for Carter/TE Washington in that draft.
I managed to get it right for once!
I had CJ over Young but didn't expect him to tear up this league!
This QB class is better - I think Williams Maye, Daniels and Nix will be Ok.
Possibly even McCarthy.
I don't think any will be quite as good as CJ.

I managed to get it right for once!
I had CJ over Young but didn't expect him to tear up this league!
This QB class is better - I think Williams Maye, Daniels and Nix will be Ok.
Possibly even McCarthy.
I don't think any will be quite as good as CJ.
You remember all the people who wanted to wait and Tank for this year?

You remember all the people who wanted to wait and Tank for this year?

I have no problem saying that was me. I said I didn’t want a QB and if we were to draft one give me Stroud over Young.

Do you remember all the people who wanted Young over Stroud? They were so mad at Lovie. And they even wanted to try to trade up from two to the first pick for him.

I wouldn’t want to be one of those people.

No one knew how great Stroud would be. The most common comparison was Jared Goff to Joe Burrow.

Everyone got it wrong. And it benefited the Texans ultimately.

I have no problem saying that was me. I said I didn’t want a QB and if we were to draft one give me Stroud over Young.

Do you remember all the people who wanted Young over Stroud? They were so mad at Lovie. And they even wanted to try to trade up from two to the first pick for him.

I wouldn’t want to be one of those people.

No one knew how great Stroud would be. The most common comparison was Jared Goff to Joe Burrow.

Everyone got it wrong. And it benefited the Texans ultimately.
Cowherd was spitting that Goff stuff as if Goff is a bum or something. I kinda lay back, watch what I watch and make my opinion. I admit, sometimes its hard to scout the player and not the helmet, but to me it would've been a waste to trade a QB and not come back with a QB the caliber of the one traded. I've always been of the opinion that the fastest rebuild is with hitting on a QB.

I've always been of the opinion that the fastest rebuild is with hitting on a QB.

That’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. The issue is actually hitting on a QB.

The Steelers just swung and missed on Pickett. Same with Giants, Jets, Patriots, WFT, Falcons, and Bears who recently drafted a QB and now have to go back to the draft. The only teams can say they have a franchise QB is Chiefs, Bills, Chargers, Texans, and there may be a team or two I am forgetting. Dolphins and Jags QB still have a lot to prove.

It ain’t easy and requires a lot of luck sometimes.

The Steelers just swung and missed on Pickett. Same with Giants, Jets, Patriots, WFT, Falcons, and Bears who recently drafted a QB and now have to go back to the draft. The only teams can say they have a franchise QB is Chiefs, Bills, Chargers, Texans, and there may be a team or two I am forgetting. Dolphins and Jags QB still have a lot to prove.

Its pretty much a fact. The difference is selecting the right one when you can. Remember where the Ravens where before they selected Jackson? You have to choose the correct one, but its the fastest way to a rebuild. If you don't have a QB, you don't really have anything for the most part.

Its pretty much a fact. The difference is selecting the right one when you can. Remember where the Ravens where before they selected Jackson? You have to choose the correct one, but its the fastest way to a rebuild. If you don't have a QB, you don't really have anything for the most part.
Ravens are a smart organization - they molded their team around their QB.

The Texans got lucky

I believe in building the team out then adding the QB so that you don't waste a yr of the drafted QB's rookie contract.

The Texans got lucky

I believe in building the team out then adding the QB so that you don't waste a yr of the drafted QB's rookie contract.
I guess the Bengals got lucky too. There is a reason why the build out squad like sf can't win a championship with those discount QB. Systems are great, but you better have an ace in the hole. Pittsburgh had a squad all those years but couldn't win until they got Big Ben. Again, its not luck, its choosing the right person. The Jets have a squad, except the QB.

I guess the Bengals got lucky too. There is a reason why the build out squad like sf can't win a championship with those discount QB. Systems are great, but you better have an ace in the hole. Pittsburgh had a squad all those years but couldn't win until they got Big Ben. Again, its not luck, its choosing the right person. The Jets have a squad, except the QB.
They got lucky because nobody thought Stroud would be this good and that he fell to 1-2.

Very few folks can figure out these QBs: for example Purdy would now appear to be the best QB in his entire class and yet he went virtually undrafted, so the 49ers are just lucky to have him today because they clearly had no clue back then.

Ravens situation and Texans situation were apples and oranges. Ravens had way more talent on their team and didn’t have to do a total rebuild.

And did the Ravens select the right QB? Because right now it looks like they drafted James Harden of the NFL.

Very few folks can figure out these QBs: for example Purdy would now appear to be the best QB in his entire class and yet he went virtually undrafted, so the 49ers are just lucky to have him today because they clearly had no clue back then.
In the Super Bowl in his 2nd year. Chances are he's going to be a top QB in the league for years to come.

Back