Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud

That was a non-contact injury. What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Because whatever it is, you are failing miserably.
When Mollywhopper says Bryce Young I think of Bridgewater's knee.

I think everybody but you got that.

I know you said Young, but I keep seeing Bridgewater's knee bending the wrong way in practice

Pretty simple. Straight forward.

When Mollywhopper says Bryce Young I think of Bridgewater's knee.

I think everybody but you got that.

Pretty simple. Straight forward.
I still don't get it. There's zero logic to what you've said. And your inability to articulate the correlation of Bridgewater's injury to Bryce Young doesn't make it any better.

I still don't get it. There's zero logic to what you've said. And your inability to articulate the correlation of Bridgewater's injury to Bryce Young doesn't make it any better.
I don't have to correlate anything to anything. You say dinner I think tacos. That's the way my mind works. Doesn't have to make sense to you.

I'm not trying to convince you that dinner means tacos. I'm not saying dinner means tacos. I'm saying when you say dinner I think Taco.

When Mollywhopper says Bryce Young I think Bridgewater. It's not right, it's not wrong. Does not have to make sense to you.

LOL, I just see many wanting a QB in RD1 and my concern has more to do with historical track record. The Texans have to be one of the worst franchises since 2002 at properly developing their QB investments.

Deshaun Watson was seriously, from a strict football perspective, the most talented QB the Texans ever drafted. Sadly, Watson was never given an offensive unit that would allow him to truly escalate the teams fortunes during his short tenure. Watson’s ability to toss the crappy play call, the OL’s inability to protect, and still make something positive happen via the air or his legs was his calling card.

You can only hope that the next coaching regime that’s brought on board…..will have some concept as to how they want to develop a QB. Of the top 4-5 QB’s on the board, I see Hooker as the best QB for the Texans b/c he can do many of the same things Watson did on the field…..only he seems to have smarts, quite a bit more common sense, and an injury that would prevent the Texans from pulling the same new QB shite again. He’d get his development time by default. It was a shame he got injured late this past season, but what he did up to that point was impressive. As unfortunate as his injury was, it’s going to push him into RD2 or potentially RD3 (which I doubt).

Texans need a QB, but are in the middle of their rebuild. There are several needs, so if RD1 could be used to select 2 to maybe 3 top position players while still getting a top flight QB in RD2…..wouldn’t that be way to optimize the teams draft capital?
How long has it taken Cincy to get to where they are?There were questions about Burrow being a 1 yr wonder with avg hands, ok arm going to Cincy. Yet, here we are. Stroud and Young have as much talent as Joe cool on top of the production. Only stroud gets criticized for having an all star cast in college from Chase to Clyde among the few. Every qb needs weapons and people act like the Texans can't get it all with the draft capital they have along with the cap money they will have. If Ryans is the coach and he brings a Shanny/Kubes system, they will be able to find wr's and te's to fit the system. Look at SF as an example. Who are the 1st rd picks at the skill positions they have? Aiyuk and Deebo were 2nd rd picks as well as Kittles in the 5th. Its about drafting players who fit your system

How long has it taken Cincy to get to where they are?There were questions about Burrow being a 1 yr wonder with avg hands, ok arm going to Cincy. Yet, here we are. Stroud and Young have as much talent as Joe cool on top of the production. Only stroud gets criticized for having an all star cast in college from Chase to Clyde among the few. Every qb needs weapons and people act like the Texans can't get it all with the draft capital they have along with the cap money they will have. If Ryans is the coach and he brings a Shanny/Kubes system, they will be able to find wr's and te's to fit the system. Look at SF as an example. Who are the 1st rd picks at the skill positions they have? Aiyuk and Deebo were 2nd rd picks as well as Kittles in the 5th. Its about drafting players who fit your system

I could've sworn Aiyuk was a 1st

McCaffery is a 1st

Kittles and Deebo fell because of injury but were 1st rd talents.

Josh McCown was invited to talk on a podcast about the three top QBs ergo, Young Stroud and Levis.
His brief breakdown came down to this:-
Young - comfort in chaos
Stroud - processing and distribution
Levis - elite arm talent.
Just something ponder.
So McCowan would be the X-NFL career backup Bible-thumping QB of the McNairs familys dreams right ?
But wouldn't he be better to assess the NFL potential of a college QB than somebody like Mel Kiper ?
"Elite arm talent " ? That's the magic phrase isn't it ?
I dunno how come nobody is this excited about Levis, except McCowan ?

Levis is the #1 QB on Mel Kiper's board.
Well kiss my grits !
So both McCowan & Kiper are Levis fans ?
Remember a few years ago when that Red Raider guy lasted until the 10th pick before he was selected ?
Do you like Levis Lucky ?

Here's the video of Josh McCown breaking down some of Will Levis' tape. Some good, some not so flattering. Near the end, McCown throws a Jay Cutler comp on Levis.

The comp with Cutler is pretty accurate too.
To get the best out of Levis, he will need a consistent pocket, some weapons to throw to and a reliable run game - pretty much what the vast majority of QBs need. And of course, a scheme tailored to his skillsets which will expand as he gains experience.
Sounds like a lot, but any team that has designs on a championship needs these anyway.
It just depends on how patient fans and owners are prepared to be.

Not where the Texans are drafting. He's a project that's not ready to start. And he'll be 24 by the time training camp rolls around.

Very strong arm, though.
How about drafting him with our #12 overall, still too high ? OK I dunno is he worth our 2nd round pick ?

In addition to the measurables between the QB prospects, I like to know where they came from and how they got to where they are and why are they this way.
Both Bryce and CJ have had very different paths to college stardom and the NFL.

Who are Bryce Young's parents, Craig and Julie Young? All you need to know (sportskeeda.com)

CJ Stroud Parents: His Father's Prison Sentence + His Mom Kim (fanbuzz.com)

I'm not saying that one way is better than the other. But I like when someone has had to overcome obstacles to achieve their success.

Because that vet sucks? The tank is over, right?

A. the vet is gonna suck no matter who it is you bring in...See Tyrod Taylor in 2021
B. Mills still on his rookie deal will likely be cheaper to keep on the roster than pretty much any vet qb you'd wanna bring in.. I suppose you can really scrape the bottom of the barrel and pick up a Josh Johnson or somebody...but then are you really trying to compete at that point? Me thinks no.

The comp with Cutler is pretty accurate too.
To get the best out of Levis, he will need a consistent pocket, some weapons to throw to and a reliable run game - pretty much what the vast majority of QBs need. And of course, a scheme tailored to his skillsets which will expand as he gains experience.
Sounds like a lot, but any team that has designs on a championship needs these anyway.
It just depends on how patient fans and owners are prepared to be.

The McNair's being patient? LMAO

In addition to the measurables between the QB prospects, I like to know where they came from and how they got to where they are and why are they this way.
Both Bryce and CJ have had very different paths to college stardom and the NFL.

Who are Bryce Young's parents, Craig and Julie Young? All you need to know (sportskeeda.com)

CJ Stroud Parents: His Father's Prison Sentence + His Mom Kim (fanbuzz.com)

I'm not saying that one way is better than the other. But I like when someone has had to overcome obstacles to achieve their success.

Just makes me like these 2 guys even more...particularly Stroud.

I wonder if Demeco had to agree to draft QB first or if it is his idea or if he will go Defense?

I think the more plausible scenario here considering the 49ers connection and all is the possibility of Jimmy G coming here as a FA qb to stabilize the qb situation...Bring in Klint Kubiak as the OC to implement the WCO system...He'll likely be free considering Denver's new incoming HC. Meco would then be free to use those 1st rounders on stud defensive guys to help fast track the implementation of his defensive scheme. If the Bears trade out of 1 to some qb needy team..or end up selecting Stroud themselves...Will Anderson is sitting right there for them. Murphy, Carter, Bresee...Foskey could all possibly be within reach at 12 as well.

Last edited:
I think the more plausible scenario here considering the 49ers connection and all is the possibility of Jimmy G coming here as a FA qb to stabilize the qb situation...Bring in Klint Kubiak as the OC to implement the WCO system...He'll likely be free considering Denver's new incoming HC. Meco would then be free to use those 1st rounders on stud defensive guys to help fast track the implementation of his defensive scheme. If the Bears trade out of 1 to some qb needy team..or end up selecting Stroud themselves...Will Anderson is sitting right there for them. Murphy, Carter, Bresee...Foskey could all possibly be within reach at 12 as well.

I wouldn't have a problem with Carter 1-2 and Foskey after trading down in the 1st to get extra picks. Then add Ward and Shaair in FA and the defense will be set.

Use the 2nd rd picks on

Speed

Achane
Musgrave

3rd.

Iosivas
Stromberg

The Offense will be much better.

Other than here, I do not see Jimmy G being suggested as a Texans move.

Levis is my top QB this year, but I still wouldn't take him in the top 15. I probably wouldn't even draft Young in the first 2 rounds. Because of Young's size, he is a project that you can only afford if you already have a solidly built team to put around him. Stroud I'm just meh on. I think I'd rather take Richardson late in the first or early 2nd instead of Stroud. But then again, I'd rather build the trenches first, and take a flyer on one of the QB's in the 5th, like Jake Haener or Clayton Tune.

Back