Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

absolutely ridiculously empty article by another back up qb.

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Absolutely worthless article.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

thanks for nothing rosencopter.

Here's a link to Podcasts most of them from 610 radio. Listen to the Daniel Manning, Antonio Smith, & Brian Cushing interviews & decide for yourselves if the defense has lost confidence in Matt Schaub. I know body language is very telling, but so is the tone in their voices.

In this article, Manning was really grabbing at straws when he made this comparison to the 2006 Bears situation......no where close.

This is not the first time Danieal Manning has been a part of a talented team facing adversity.

Manning has first-hand experience seeing his quarterback take heat, while the team makes a push for a championship. In 2006, Manning’s rookie season, he found himself part of a similar situation in Chicago.

Quarterback Rex Grossman would lead the Bears to a Super Bowl but not before being under fire throughout the season. Manning, now in his eighth year in the NFL, recalls the quarterback criticism, the firestorm, and how the team was able to overcome it.

“(It’s) similar towards the heat and all the slack he’s been getting,” Manning said, referring to quarterback Matt Schaub. “What happened on that team is how they were able to prevail with all that. They just continued to rally around Rex.”
link

The whole thing is about a failed quarterback reliving his past failures and offering little to no insight as to what's wrong with schaub.

Makes me think this is another paid leave matt schaub alone article by the texans organization. as if the fake harassment wasnt enough.

Did you forget to take your meds today? I'm sure a forum poster would have more to offer as far as perspective is concerned right? You're a funny guy, like clown funn

So let's say Koobs gets ****canned, do you think he goes without a job for an extended period of time? Not as a head coach, but play caller.

no because all these guys get reused and recycled throughout the league. Getting rehired quickly doesnt verify his "offensive genius" status.

if mike tice and dom capers can get rehired anybody can.

smdh.

It was a good article, but I felt it was mostly about sage. But I get the tie in, and I love listening to sage now. He brings quality insight IMO and doesn't try to tell you what to think.

Hmm... Should I believe the informed opinion of a professional athlete who's been there, or the rabid hyperbole of an anonymous fan?

Did you forget to take your meds today? I'm sure a forum poster would have more to offer as far as perspective is concerned right? You're a funny guy, like clown funn

calls kubiak an offensive genius, gets called out on it,

and is now butt hurt and relegated to personal insults.

Its like clock work. Tell me, what did sage say was wrong with matt?

no because all these guys get reused and recycled throughout the league. Getting rehired quickly doesnt verify his "offensive genius" status.

if mike tice and dom capers can get rehired anybody can.

smdh.

Lol, oookay. So getting hired to be an assistant oline coach is the same as drawing up plays and schemes, got it. Thanks for the enlightening perspective.

So Capers hasn't enjoyed any success after his Texan stint? He was a great defensive mind before his duties as head coach and he did great in that capacity afterwards. Same will apply to Kubiak.

Lol, oookay. So getting hired to be an assistant oline coach is the same as drawing up plays and schemes, got it. Thanks for the enlightening perspective.

So Capers hasn't enjoyed any success after his Texan stint? He was a great defensive mind before his duties as head coach and he did great in that capacity afterwards. Same will apply to Kubiak.

lol thanks for reaching, jumping to conclusions, and overall proving my point.

uncle rico. lol...........................

Its a good read, but it's nothing that everyone who has an ounce of football knowledge didn't already know...mentally he's a mess right now & after the SF game...i'm not sure he'll ever make it back...

So then the logic being thrown around is Kubiak sucks as an offensive coach, his scheme is outdated and easy to plan for and the Texans should find a coach that runs the Read Option since that is the flavor of the month and will redefine the game.

George Seifert is spinning in his grave! (But he probably sucked too)

So then the logic being thrown around is Kubiak sucks as an offensive coach, his scheme is outdated and easy to plan for and the Texans should find a coach that runs the Read Option since that is the flavor of the month and will redefine the game.

George Seifert? You mean Bill Walsh?

and your logic to counter that logic is that if kubiak was fired he would get rehired quickly so he is an offensive genius.

lol.... :kitten:

:toropalm:

calls kubiak an offensive genius, gets called out on it,

and is now butt hurt and relegated to personal insults.

Its like clock work. Tell me, what did sage say was wrong with matt?

Stop skipping English class "breh" its not doing you any favors. I'm not trying to make fun of you, I'm truly concerned for your mental state. LOL

Boo hoo my opinion was called out and now I'm on a weirdos Sig I'm so sad.

Great perspective by Sage, and it STILL doesn't seem like he's fully over The Rosencopter.

He'll never get over it. That's his lasting legacy. It's not going to torment him forever, but he'll always think about it and suck his teeth and say "man"...maybe laugh about it a little.

I remember in highschool my junior year losing in the play offs on the last play of the game because of a coaching error. But that's not the one that stings...my senior year we were in the semi's playing converse Judson in San Antonio. We had the better team. But I can vividly remember the sounds, sights and feelings I had as the clock ticked down to zero. I can remember the bus ride home...going into the locker room...showering...everything.

That stuff sticks with you, but unlike Matt and sage I wasn't in the spotlight making individual errors in the nfl. I'd imagine it's about 100x worse for them. Well, more so sage than Schaub. Schaub still has a chance to right his wrongs so to speak.

Stop skipping English class "breh" its not doing you any favors. I'm not trying to make fun of you, I'm truly concerned for your mental state. LOL

Boo hoo my opinion was called out and now I'm on a weirdos Sig I'm so sad.

more insults.

again,

tell me, what did sage say was wrong with matt and how would he fix it?

stay on point.

If this article was so profound and such a great read, tell me, what did sage say is wrong with matt and how would he go on about fixing it?

It's no better or worse than newer (to the NFL) concepts like the pistol formation, which is just a variation of the old wing-t and is older than wco concepts. It's not that the formations or routes that are outdated and easy to plan for; it's the way it's administrated....at least to me. It's a 1st down offense. Instead of looking to score the team looks to stay in a reasonable down and distance. It's a great offense vs the little sisters of the poor who can't stop the run and then get sucked in by the play action pass. It churns numbers between the 20's, but it isn't a quick strike offense and teams just compact down don't worry so much about the back end where there is little to no credible threat. Hell, opposing db's have as many TD's as Andre friggin' Johnson has in his last 36 ball games.

more insults.

again,

tell me, what did sage say was wrong with matt and how would he fix it?

stay on point.

If this article was so profound and such a great read, tell me, what did sage say is wrong with matt and how would he go on about fixing it?

Would you like a warm cup of milk while I read you the article?

He gives a first hand account to the struggles of an NFL QB!!! What is so hard to comprehend and extrapolate from that? It's like trying to explain the game to my 9 year old son, jiminy christmas! Lol.

and your logic to counter that logic is that if kubiak was fired he would get rehired quickly so he is an offensive genius.

:toropalm:[/QUOTE

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/8/23/3263553/gary-kubiak-offensive-guru-or-flawed-coordinator

Old, but still relevant. I know reading isn't your most enjoyable thing to do, and I'm sure you have more football knowledge than John Elway so that should give you a chuckle or two.

Don't forget your ball of yarn.

rotfl, yes more insults. what's that? a kuharsky article? is that suppose to prove me wrong and you right?

loooooool

rotfl, yes more insults. what's that? a kuharsky article? is that suppose to prove me wrong and you right?

loooooool

I don't want to keep offending your tender sensibilities, but ill go ahead and side with people who have played and coached at the professional level.

Now if forum *********gery turns out to be a topic of interest I'm coming straight for you to get a step by step on how its done. If you aren't to insulted that is.

Would you like a warm cup of milk while I read you the article?

He gives a first hand account to the struggles of an NFL QB!!! What is so hard to comprehend and extrapolate from that? It's like trying to explain the game to my 9 year old son, jiminy christmas! Lol.

so all you have is more personal insults.

AGAIN, I ASK,

tell me what did sage say was wrong with matt and how would he go on about fixing it?

tell me what was so profound about his take on what's up with schaub?

Ive seen posters here breakdown what's wrong with schaub in much more extensive and elaborate fashion. Both medically, strategically and psychologically than what sage just wrote.

That was an empty article about a failed quarterback reliving his failed glory years and offered very little insight to what is up with schaub.

But go ahead tell me since i cant read. Maybe You, Sage, and Kubiak are too much of an offensive genius for me to handle.

roooooflooool

I've heard it referred to as "The Quicksand" ... No matter how much harder you fight, you keep sinking.

Great perspective by Sage, and it STILL doesn't seem like he's fully over The Rosencopter.

He did get screwed in Minny when all signs pointed to him as the starter and here comes Old Man Favre to take away his opportunity.

You need to quit watching TBS and repeats of The Replacements movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3O-kYwM8qY

Nothing enlightening here, just a scrap of an opinion by a former back-up QB concerning someone who should have never became anything other than a back-up QB ... move along.

I don't want to keep offending your tender sensibilities, but ill go ahead and side with people who have played and coached at the professional level.

Now if forum *********gery turns out to be a topic of interest I'm coming straight for you to get a step by step on how its done. If you aren't to insulted that is.

looool at tender sensibilities.

says the guy butt hurt that he got called out for calling kubiak an offensive genius now scrambling pulling up kuharksly articles....

lol

It was a good article, but I felt it was mostly about sage. But I get the tie in, and I love listening to sage now. He brings quality insight IMO and doesn't try to tell you what to think.

Nothing enlightening here, just a scrap of an opinion by a former back-up QB concerning someone who should have never became anything other than a back-up QB ... move along.

now these are two guys who actually know what they are reading.

so all you have is more personal insults.

AGAIN, I ASK,

tell me what did sage say was wrong with matt and how would he go on about fixing it?

tell me what was so profound about his take on what's up with schaub?

Ive seen posters here breakdown what's wrong with schaub in much more extensive and elaborate fashion. Both medically, strategically and psychologically than what sage just wrote.

That was an empty article about a failed quarterback reliving his failed glory years and offered very little insight to what is up with schaub.

But go ahead tell me since i cant read. Maybe You, Sage, and Kubiak are too much of an offensive genius for me to handle.

roooooflooool

See the bold faced print before the article, that there gives you a breakdown ob what is going to be talked about mmmkay. See you want to know how to fix Matt Schaub, that wasn't any part of what this article was about. Still with me?

Sage was giving his account ob what goes on in a struggling QBs head when it all falls apart, that's called first person story telling mmmkay.

This wasn't a piece implying there was anything anybody can do about Matt Schaub, in your desire to be alpha male poster #1 you cherry pick comments without taking into account context.

You bash and try to discredit Sage Rosenfels and yet get all teary eyed when someone calls you mean things and insults you so bad, poor baby. Irony? Lulz.

Click on the exclamation mark surrounded by the red triangle thingy if my comments hurt you so much and a Mod will take my mean and nasty words off the screen.

How do you have any green in your rep, half the posts i read from you are a waste of space and my time. The other half are so stupid and biased that they make me want to jump off the nearest bridge. And WTF does your retarded name even mean ? Did you have spell check turned off the day you blessed us with your alias....

On another note it was a pretty good article.

See the bold faced print before the article, that there gives you a breakdown ob what is going to be talked about mmmkay. See you want to know how to fix Matt Schaub, that wasn't any part of what this article was about. Still with me?

Sage was giving his account ob what goes on in a struggling QBs head when it all falls apart, that's called first person story telling mmmkay.

This wasn't a piece implying there was anything anybody can do about Matt Schaub, in your desire to be alpha male poster #1 you cherry pick comments without taking into account context.

You bash and try to discredit Sage Rosenfels and yet get all teary eyed when someone calls you mean things and insults you so bad, poor baby. Irony? Lulz.

Click on the exclamation mark surrounded by the red triangle thingy if my comments hurt you so much and a Mod will take my mean and nasty words off the screen.

I actually love it when people come at me, it gets me a chance to respond, but seeing as there is a double standard where people who are new cant respond back to name calling done by older posters without getting warned by mods i let it go.

Lol at your pathetic lame attempt to finally answer what it was that sage said was wrong with schaub, and you answer is that sage is giving HIS first hand account of struggling.

You're the one with the reading problems. There was nothing informative or new about what sage said.

Absolutely nothing but keep reaching.

How do you have any green in your rep, half the posts i read from you are a waste of space and my time. The other half are so stupid and biased that they make me want to jump off the nearest bridge. And WTF does your retarded name even mean ? Did you have spell check turned off the day you blessed us with your alias....

Be careful, that dog bites!! Lol

I actually love it when people come at me, it gets me a chance to respond, but seeing as there is a double standard where people who are new cant respond back to name calling done by older posters without getting warned by mods i let it go.

Lol at your pathetic lame attempt to finally answer what it was that sage said was wrong with schaub, and you answer is that sage is giving HIS first hand account of struggling.

You're the one with the reading problems. There was nothing informative or new about what sage said.

Absolutely nothing but keep reaching.

1379040300830.gif

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102393

:toropalm:

You can look at his stats/rankings as an O.C and see he was among one of the best every season. And we have a top 10 offensive in the NFL every season and i can assure you that isnt because of Dennison. Did you recently just begin following football or something ?!?!?

Let me give it a try as I read article early this morning from Bleacher report and found it readable. Someone repeating what is known is not harmful as it can remind me of things are cause me to seek more info or simply slow my roll. From the article:

"Mentally, getting beyond that game was nearly impossible. I was disappointed that I let my team down. I knew I missed a huge opportunity to possibly be the starter going forward"

IMO, Sage comparing MS to his own incident as a vet QB saying in his opinion it is mental not physical as some on MB have posited. The fact that it haunted Sage for months tells me it could take that long for MS and therefore impacts the team. That is useful.

Here is what the point of article was as you should get that even if you know what he is saying beofre he says it.

"My point is to give you an inside look at what might be going through a player’s head after a handful of devastating mistakes"

Here is how he suggest MS overcome the mental problem:
"What I do know is the experience I went through and the challenge and perseverance it took to overcome it. "

IMO, he is saying it takes time and the opportunity to get back on the horse and ride. There is no pill or magic elixer, MS may or may not get better. The article was not a "here is the fix, Mr. Schaub" but rather a player who had been through almost the exact same thing voicing his thoughts. Just like with threads and posts on this MB, if you get nothing out of them, go elsewhere.

looool at tender sensibilities.

says the guy butt hurt that he got called out for calling kubiak an offensive genius now scrambling pulling up kuharksly articles....

lol
Honestly, your post spamming of the same crap over and over is making me feel like putting you on ignore. That's sad because I couldn't care less that we have some differences in opinion. Heck, I agree with you that Keenum should start. I disagree with a ton of posters here and love hearing their opinions. Yours as well. The problem is you are spewing diarrhea along with 1 or 2 other Keenum jock sniffers. Say something new. Comment on another subject. We understand your position - Keenum should start or whoever stops him should be removed from the team - some posters disagree and some agree. You aren't convincing anyone of anything other than you like to spam identical posts.

I've warned you about redundant petty arguments. I don't mind the argument...it's the redundant petty ones that destroy forums such as this. I won't let you or anyone else run the good posters off because all the threads are chock full of petty arguments. I don't warn that many people openly but you continue to bring up the moderators and cry about injustice.

I've warned you about redundant petty arguments. I don't mind the argument...it's the redundant petty ones that destroy forums such as this. I won't let you or anyone else run the good posters off because all the threads are chock full of petty arguments. I don't warn that many people openly but you continue to bring up the moderators and cry about injustice.

Attica!!! Attica!!!! ........................ ***sits back in corner***

Was Sage supposed to give an obvious answer? I think the article was merely Sage giving his experience in dealing with a similar situation.

In summation of the article.....Sage, and likely Schaub have been Carr-ed (mind-screwed). Some get over it (Plunket, Aikman, etc.) and some don't (Sage, Carr, etc.)

A TRULY FASCINATING ARTICLE:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9806983/an-offensive-line-love-hate

We're playing a little game this week. Guess which NFL head coach made the following comments about his starting quarterback last weekend.

"The players are all looking at him. They're looking at him every snap. That's their leader out there, and so if you're wavering at all or you don't have the right look in your eye, these guys can sense that. They can tell. So how you present yourself is huge. He's a tenacious competitor, that kid. I love that. I love that part of him."

High praise, right? So who said it? Here are your eight choices …

A. Chuck Pagano on Andrew Luck
B. Gus Bradley on Blaine Gabbert
C. John Fox on Peyton Manning
D. Andy Reid on Alex Smith
E. Gary Kubiak on Matt Schaub
F. Jason Garrett on Tony Romo
G. Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson
H. Tom Coughlin on Eli Manning

• You ruled out Kubiak immediately — after all, Schaub leapfrogged Jesse Pinkman, Dana Brody, Carrie Mathison, Kenny Powers, Skyler White and The Walking Dead Walt last weekend to become 2013's most traumatized Sunday-night TV character.

It's the single hardest position to play in any professional sport. And the most fragile one, too. It doesn't take much for Floundering Philip Rivers (2012) to magically transform back into Totally Competent Philip Rivers (2013) — just give him a new coach, a healthy Antonio Gates, a better offensive line and boom! He suddenly looks like Philip Rivers again. We've seen high-pedigree quarterbacks regain their juvenation before — most famously Brett Favre and Brett Favre's penis. But you can lose your juvenation just as easily, especially if you don't have the athletic pedigree of, say, Wilson or Luck. In no time whatsoever, before you even totally realize what's happening, someone like 2011 Matt Schaub can morph into this …

nfl_u_schaub_ah_600.jpg

What happened? In Week 1, Warner fumbled (use your LeBron voice here) not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, not five times, but SIX times against the Giants (losing three of them). He never started another game for St. Louis. From 2003 through 2006, Warner finished 8-17 as a starter for three different teams, threw 24 touchdowns and 19 picks, fumbled 37 times, and endured a startling 82 sacks as everyone wondered No, seriously, this is getting weird … do you think Kurt Warner sold his soul to the devil in 1999? Mid-2000s Kurt Warner had just as massive of a salad fork sticking out of his back as 2009 Delhomme did (or as 2013 Schaub does right now).

My beloved podcast buddy Mike Lombardi believed that Warner absorbed too many licks in St. Louis and the residual damage changed his "eye level." That was one of my favorite Lombardi terms — ideally, quarterbacks should be looking past the line of scrimmage, trying to find open receivers and trusting that everything happening directly in front of them will work in their favor. They ignore: missed blocks, 300-pounders rolling around near their feet, and the possibility of being pancaked. They refuse to be swayed from keeping their eyes locked downfield and trusting the process as a whole. But when they're banged up, hiding an injury, worrying about their blocking, fearing the next pancake sack and/or battling self-doubt? Their eye level drops down to the line of scrimmage (everything directly in front of them), they start quick-throwing passes, they start making decisions they never normally make, their body language goes to hell … and suddenly you're here.

Sound familiar?

Matt Schaub? That's a different story. He passed the point of no return during the tail end of that Seattle game. It wasn't so much the humiliation of that ghastly game-tying TAINT to Richard Sherman as it was Schaub's distraught reaction afterward — even he didn't believe in himself anymore. Imagine playing for the Texans and seeing your leader looking like that. How would you regroup? When it happened again in San Francisco last weekend, I watched Eastbound & Down afterward, saw Kenny Powers's overwhelmed expression during his first Sports Sesh show, and thought to myself, SCHAUB! That's a bad sign for the Matt Schaub era.

Pretty sure this could've been posted in a thread that featured everything Schaub.

Oh, hey look, the thread "All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread" sounds like it might feature everything Schaub.

Interesting insight on his situation. Basically he says Matt is going to have to mentally get past his mistakes to get back to playing well. Playing guarded and conservative is only going to lead to more simple costly mistakes. So what I take from that is we need to let'er rip and come out rockin. I personally would like to see more bombs and big play attempts.

Pretty sure this could've been posted in a thread that featured everything Schaub.

Oh, hey look, the thread "All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread" sounds like it might feature everything Schaub.

its not just about matt schaub. its about other qbs and it takes a look at recent historical trends with other qbs who were competent who suddenly fell off.

Back