Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

mussop

Hall of Fame
Remember when you said "being a leader takes preparation, it takes perseverance, it takes execution, it's about being your best"?

It's Time to be that leader!!!

Remember when you said "being a leader takes preparation, it takes perseverance, it takes execution, it's about being your best"?

It's Time to be that leader!!!

Rememeber when Schaub said he needs to execute "a little better" ? Yeah......... me too

Today's the day Schaub can prove his worth.........or not.
He can rise to the occasion......I hope.

Remember the thousand times he screwed up and walked off the field with his head down and didn't say anything?

Just sayin

Remember the time he had his crazy eyes and was looking at the sky and birds began to fall from the sky.

You dont ? Well it happened !!!

Rememeber when Schaub said he needs to execute "a little better" ? Yeah......... me too

Yeh thats kinda my point. It's time for him to show that he can lead this team or move on. This team has too much talent to waste anymore time on a guy that can't step up when it's step up time. He needs to prove RIGHT NOW that he is the QB that can LEAD this team. If he doesn't show here in the PLAYOFFS then he will never be that QB.

He had an above average game. Can't expect much more from an above average QB. We'll face one the greatest ever next week. It's not going to be pretty for us.

You are delusional if you think Shaub stepped up and led this team to that win. :user:

LOL, I've never said that Schaub is a guy to look for to carry a team.

In fact, when people wanted to put him in the top ten when he was at the top of his game, I didn't agree.

You are delusional if you think Shaub stepped up and led this team to that win. :user:

Schaub made some great plays today. Dont undervalue his contributions. He was much better than dalton today. Bengals d was on a role and we moved the ball easily on them.

Of course not. All wins are credited to anyone but Schaub/Kubiak, and all losses are directly their fault. WE GET IT! :spin:

UMMMMM the only TD the Bengals got was because of Schaub, we settled for 4 FGs. Foster scored our lone TD. Schaub did not win this game for us, or defense did.

The last completion to seal the game.

:spit:

Matt didn't lead anything today. Ok, I take that back. He led both teams in TD passes to the opposing team.

No legs, noodle arm, lousy decision making under pressure. Upside is he usually does what he's told. Why do so many people think it would be impossible to improve on this guy?

Of course not. All wins are credited to anyone but Schaub/Kubiak, and all losses are directly their fault. WE GET IT! :spin:

Actually we won because our defense played GREAT and the running game worked today thanks to a good game plan by Kubiak and despite Matt Schaub.

Matt didn't lead anything today. Ok, I take that back. He led both teams in TD passes to the opposing team.

No legs, noodle arm, lousy decision making under pressure. Upside is he usually does what he's told. Why do so many people think it would be impossible to improve on this guy?

Oh they will be out in droves this week talking about how he's good enough because we won. :butterfly: Insane!!!!!

Schaub made some great plays today. Dont undervalue his contributions.

I must have been away when these great plays happened. Mostly today I saw our defense and Arian Foster step up.

He was much better than dalton today. Bengals d was on a role and we moved the ball easily on them.

Everybody was better than Dalton today. At the rate he's going he's gonna get a reputation for being another Matt Schaub in big games. We ran the ball easily on them. Throwing the ball we seemed to struggle for some time. It got better in the second half.

I must have been away when these great plays happened.

Too bad you missed them. A few crucial 3rd downs conversions (3rd and 9 and a 19 yard completion to OD, long one to Foster, etc), a game sealing throw at the end of regulation, not taking any sacks, some sick play action fakes. They were fun plays. Maybe you shouldn't step away from the tv so much :kitten:

Everybody was better than Dalton today. At the rate he's going he's gonna get a reputation for being another Matt Schaub in big games. We ran the ball easily on them. Throwing the ball we seemed to struggle for some time. It got better in the second half.

Huh!? Why would Dalton get a bad reputation for losing his first two playoff games to a team that was favored to beat his team both seasons in a row when he is just a 2nd year player?? Dalton won 7 out of his last 8 games in a tough division. There have been tons of great QB's that took a few years before they won their first playoff game. Manning being one of them. He's won several BIG GAMES already. And by the way, Schaub just won a BIG GAME today.

Schaub converted six or seven third down situations, and would have had another one if O.D. Didn't drop the ball.

How many did Dalton convert?

It's ridiculous to say that Schaub didn't have any impact on the game.

The guy that choke was Dalton.

Schaub converted six or seven third down situations, and would have had another one if O.D. Didn't drop the ball.

Another one was a drop by AJ, wide open, in the end zone. That hit off his hands. Should have been a catch

Huh!? Why would Dalton get a bad reputation for losing his first two playoff games to a team that was favored to beat his team both seasons in a row when he is just a 2nd year player?? Dalton won 7 out of his last 8 games in a tough division. There have been tons of great QB's that took a few years before they won their first playoff game. Manning being one of them. He's won several BIG GAMES already. And by the way, Schaub just won a BIG GAME today.

He's just trying to make another weak attempt at a dig at Schaub. Makes no sense otherwise. These were 2 great defenses in a great defensive game. Dalton wasn't good today, but our defense was superb

If you were playing against Watt , you might be prone to choke.
:fans:

Actually we won because our defense played GREAT and the running game worked today thanks to a good game plan by Kubiak and despite Matt Schaub.

actually schaub did well (76% made) and dalton 46%. yeah he made 1 mistake, but minus the interception, bengals score 3 cuz our great defense.

This is a run-first offense. That means the primary engine that powers it is Foster and the O-line. Not Schaub.

Second, OF COURSE its possible - nay PROBABLE to improve our QB position by upgrading from Schaub. But I think that's more of a discussion for the off-season, not right now. Then we can see who's available in the draft (I hear no one of note) or if there is an improvement to be made via free agency. ...unless you know of some quality QB that's sitting at home, who knows our offense, that can be brought in between now and next weekend.

This is a run-first offense. That means the primary engine that powers it is Foster and the O-line. Not Schaub.

Second, OF COURSE its possible - nay PROBABLE to improve our QB position by upgrading from Schaub. But I think that's more of a discussion for the off-season, not right now. Then we can see who's available in the draft (I hear no one of note) or if there is an improvement to be made via free agency. ...unless you know of some quality QB that's sitting at home, who knows our offense, that can be brought in between now and next weekend.

I've been waiting for Rick to call me, i am ready. Hell i threw for 8,000 yards and 75 TDs on 2013. Put me in coach.

Schaub had his awful throw but besides that managed the game well. Took what the D gave him. Has to get better in the redzone but we have another week and I'm happy about that.

Its a team effort,and the best team won despite its players that didn't play well. Our worst players were better than theirs.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

SERIOUSLY? Schaub won a big game today. Thats what you are going to go with? Our run game was good today and our defense was great. Take either of those away and this was a loss.

Mr. dink and dunk didn't do anything other than manage the game. He is what he is, a good game manager and below average QB who plays in a system that is being ran to mask his inabilities. This important playoff game clearly showed that.

People let wins go to their head, hell all of us let wins go to our head until the Patriots smacked our asses on MNF.

Then, SOME of us figured "Uh oh. Something doesn't compute here...hmmm...maybe just an off game?"

Then we completely blew two straight chances at HFA...and some MORE of us thought, "Eek. OK, this team has gone stagnant."

Now we get a win in a WILD CARD round, vs a team who (drum roll, please...) crumbled under the pressure, and our QB managed fairly well--since that's what he is, a manager--and our ground game and defense did well for a change.

All that does NOT instill newfound confidence in me, not with who we're playing next. We have to hope N.E. snoozes on us (something I said prior to our MNF game vs them, I might add).

And even then, Tom will roar back and probably beat us still.

We're just not there yet.

People let wins go to their head, hell all of us let wins go to our head until the Patriots smacked our asses on MNF.

Then, SOME of us figured "Uh oh. Something doesn't compute here...hmmm...maybe just an off game?"

Then we completely blew two straight chances at HFA...and some MORE of us thought, "Eek. OK, this team has gone stagnant."

Now we get a win in a WILD CARD round, vs a team who (drum roll, please...) crumbled under the pressure, and our QB managed fairly well--since that's what he is, a manager--and our ground game and defense did well for a change.

All that does NOT instill newfound confidence in me, not with who we're playing next. We have to hope N.E. snoozes on us (something I said prior to our MNF game vs them, I might add).

And even then, Tom will roar back and probably beat us still.

We're just not there yet.

hmmm i thought the texans crumbled under pressure ?

Thought the texans were going to lose this game ?

Like you GP but man come on man we are still alive and are the odds against us next week ? Hell yeah but all you can do is hope, no matter how much you expect us to lose or win it wont matter a lose will still hurt just as bad and a win will be just as sweet.

I said it before, this offense plays well when OD, and the OL play well. With out the AJ drop it would havebeen 23 not 19.

Schaub would have had another conversion if not for that call on Posey.

I'm sure the "unimpressed" gang blame that one on Schaub too, LOL! :kitten:

SERIOUSLY? Schaub won a big game today. Thats what you are going to go with? Our run game was good today and our defense was great. Take either of those away and this was a loss.

Mr. dink and dunk didn't do anything other than manage the game. He is what he is, a good game manager and below average QB who plays in a system that is being ran to mask his inabilities. This important playoff game clearly showed that.

Do you remember how many long pass plays Schaub had against the Broncos?

And they are one of the better defense in the league, too.

You can only get what the defense give you.
And if they give you 39 minutes of possession time, you take it! :chickendance:

Do you remember how many long pass plays Schaub had against the Broncos?

And they are one of the better defense in the league, too.

You can only get what the defense give you.
And if they give you 39 minutes of possession time, you take it! :chickendance:

It says Lot that you have to go all the way back to the Denver game to find an example of a long pass.

It says Lot that you have to go all the way back to the Denver game to find an example of a long pass.

No, I went back to the Broncos game because they are a team I thought as having a good defense.

You ought to know that Schaub leads the league the last 3 years or more in deep play action passes by a large margin over the next QB. It was shown during one of our games.

During the off-season, I had posted a link to advancednflstats.com where they showed that Schaub was at some 21.6% in deep pass attempt as compared to some 17.8% for Brady last year.

Brees' number (17.5%) was even lower than Brady's.

In 2010, the percentage of deep pass attempts for Schaub, Brady, and Brees were as followed: 16.9%, 14.6%, and 16.3%

And if Green wouldn't have dropped the EZ pass, they would have beaten us.

Or if Dalton hadn't overthrew Green in the end zone late. This was a game that the Texans dominated at all facets of the game accept the QB position but the game was within striking distance for the Bungles at all times.

Schaub hasn't been touch all day and had a good running game to protect him but still only managed 1 TD drive. Anybody that thinks Schaub led as to this victory is delusional. Even Sanchez couldn't lose this game with our team.

Or if Dalton hadn't overthrew Green in the end zone late. This was a game that the Texans dominated at all facets of the game accept the QB position but the game was within striking distance for the Bungles at all times.

Schaub hasn't been touch all day and had a good running game to protect him but still only managed 1 TD drive. Anybody that thinks Schaub led as to this victory is delusional. Even Sanchez couldn't lose this game with our team.

If Schaub didn't overthrow AJ deep along the sideline, he might have had a TD threre.

If AJ caught the ball in the endzone, he would have had a TD there, what's your point?

Don't see anyone stating that Schaub led this team to victory or that he was the big reason why we won, but he only had like two bad plays to me.

I don't know man, maybe I've just always understood Schaub for what he was and a lot of you guys thought he was borderline elite or something. Schaub's play right now isn't that surprising to me, but he made some real good plays on 3rd down today at least. I won't ever expect Schaub to carry this team to victory. I expect the team to carry Schaub more, but for Schaub to carry them sometimes (but not often). We're a defensive run first team. That's who we are. Expecting Schaub to be any different then what he's always been isn't really fair to expect it NOW. We just need for him not to make INT's or fumbles and to be able to make some TD passes in the RZ.

Cincy's gameplan was to take away all the deep stuff.....which basically meant that they were taking away AJ b/c he's the only 1 going deep for us...Mike mayock pointed it out during the game, and if you paid ANY attention in the game, AJ had a safety over the top of him CONSTANTLY.

Schaub did exactly what he should've done...take what they gave him and matriculate the ball down the field. why that is somehow such a bad thing to some i have no idea.

The pick 6 he threw, he'd thrown similar passes at least twice before that and they were all completed....they just went the well too many times it was just a great play by hall....casey fading back instead of coming back to the ball didn't exactly help either...

The missed TD to AJ...not sure why people put that on Schaub either...AJ was able to get both hands on it and it was put right where it needed to be...out in front away from the defender...AJ's gotta separate from the defender better and run thru that...Schaub also had a defender obstructing his throwing lane and had to fall back/slide a little to get the ball out......which threw off the timing a little too.

I really do wonder if some of u watch the games or not.

Back