Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

whose to say "X" wont be better just because of an unfamiliarity with the system... i get the whole schaub knows the system the best thing, great, he'll make a great coach one day and continue the shanny offense legacy in the future.. sticking with schaub will keep the texans on a treadmill. yates came in as unprepared as any potential replacement and did a damn good job winning a playoff game in the process.

whose to say "X' won't be worse than schaub? they might put up different stats but the result will be the same...no ring.

most of you guys won't be satisfied unless the texans win a super bowl.

until that happens no qb will be good enough.

whose to say "X" wont be better just because of an unfamiliarity with the system... i get the whole schaub knows the system the best thing, great, he'll make a great coach one day and continue the shanny offense legacy in the future.. sticking with schaub will keep the texans on a treadmill. yates came in as unprepared as any potential replacement and did a damn good job winning a playoff game in the process.

If anyone is making an argument to replace Schaub they need to shut up about Yates. He looked miserable compared to Schaub. Not even close and the offense came to a standstill. Fine, argue for replacing Schaub but this comes across as a temper tantrum of "even if I have no idea what I am talking about, I want rid of Schaub at all costs or I am going to cry."

I'd love to see an upgrade at QB but damn some folks are coming across like Schaub pissed in their Huggies.

whose to say "X' won't be worse than schaub? they might put up different stats but the result will be the same...no ring.

most of you guys won't be satisfied unless the texans win a super bowl.

until that happens no qb will be good enough.

so because it might not work, lets not do it.. typical scared schaub/kubiak mentality.. no risk, no reward..

You don't see Matt Schaub making half of the plays Russell Wilson is making tonight.
Seeing him sprint downfield to help block and get his RB into the endzone was amazing. Schaub would've pussed out and crapped his pants

Pussed out and crapped his pants? Remember this? Schaub got blasted here and got up and said "Where's my ****ing helmet?" No incontinence seen here.

schaub-hit-9-23-12.gif

Inaccurate all game long? What game were u watching?

The game in which our qb left our guys out to dry on numerous occasions, the game 50% of his stats came off Yac, the game he had 2 attempts past 10 yards, the game he threw a pic 6 when Walter was open deep, the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

The question is, what game were YOU watching

Pussed out and crapped his pants? Remember this? Schaub got blasted here and got up and said "Where's my ****ing helmet?" No incontinence seen here.

schaub-hit-9-23-12.gif

A late hit doesn't make him tough. Every time he is sacked you swear he just lost an arm the way he screams and curls up.....

so because it might not work, lets not do it.. typical scared schaub/kubiak mentality.. no risk, no reward..

yeah, instead of maybe getting a legit #2 WR in the draft or OL to make the team slightly better.....let's just hit the reset button on a team with back-to-back division titles and playoff wins for an unknown and risk going back to the dom capers years.

schaub was inaccurate all game long, just take the last throw for instance, Graham made an UNBELIEVABLE catch to seal that game, Schaubs throw was pathetic.....he got lucky, that won't be good enough in Foxboro

Also, today I learned 76% is inaccurate.

If anyone is making an argument to replace Schaub they need to shut up about Yates. He looked miserable compared to Schaub. Not even close and the offense came to a standstill. Fine, argue for replacing Schaub but this comes across as a temper tantrum of "even if I have no idea what I am talking about, I want rid of Schaub at all costs or I am going to cry."

wow, you completely missed the entire point of what you quoted. everyone is scared of replacing schaub because its "starting over" im just saying that a totally unprepared rookie came in and did pretty well,all things considered.. now imagine what a qb with playoff experience, or a young stud rookie could do given the opportunity.. you saw yates name and thought you would lay down the law.. when the point had really nothing to do with yates..

thats the problem when you judge accuracy by its statistical measure, you think a qb who was all over the place was accurate.. all that stat proves is that passes were completed... accuracy is about putting the football in your receivers chest, in stride.. guys had to make some catches yesterday, even guys blamed andre for not making some ridiculous catch in the endzone because shacub threw a ball low and away from dres body..

Whatever - y'all have fun with your circle jerk of Schaub hating (with no solutions for a happy ending). Just keep it in here instead of spreading your Kleenex all over the forum with new threads.

The game in which our qb left our guys out to dry on numerous occasions, the game 50% of his stats came off Yac, the game he had 2 attempts past 10 yards, the game he threw a pic 6 when Walter was open deep, the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

You sound patently stupid right now...

The only thing that has anything to do with accuracy in this post is what u say about schaub hanging someone out to dry..He had 1 throw where a guy was left out to dry...graham...where are these other "numerous" passes where he hung someone out to dry?

Also, 2 attempts past 10 yards has exactly what to do with accuracy?

50% YAC? Is that an official # or are u just talking out of your ass again?
And even if it was an official number, for those WR's to gain all that YAC, guess what? You've got to hit your WR's in stride or on point more often than not.

Of all the schaub haters, you're the 1 who makes the least sense...u should really stop posting..no really your posts are beyond terrible.

yeah, instead of maybe getting a legit #2 WR in the draft or OL to make the team slightly better.....let's just hit the reset button on a team with back-to-back division titles and playoff wins for an unknown and risk going back to the dom capers years.

lol this system isnt about legit #2 receivers, they will continue to use mid to late rounders for the o-line. do you want 5 all pros to help schaub?? smfh the o-line was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need to draft stud tackles and guards with 1st round picks..

some of you will never get it..

thats the problem when you judge accuracy by its statistical measure, you think a qb who was all over the place was accurate.. all that stat proves is passes were completed... accuracy is about putting the football in your receivers chest, in stride.. guys had to make some catches yesterday, even guys blamed andre for not making some ridiculous catch in the endzone because shacub threw a ball low and away from dres body..

Lol, the pass to AJ was "ridiculous" lol. I've seen that same placement put to 76543 wr's today in these games by supposedly better qb's and those WR's routinely made that catch...but b/c its schaub its an inaccurate awful pass? You're quickly reaching amazing80 "not taken serious" status.

I'd love to see an upgrade at QB but damn some folks are coming across like Schaub pissed in their Huggies.

No. It comes across as football fans talking football and sharing their views. Not like the FO is coming here and saying of look infantrycak is backing Schaub - we must be doing something right. The point of a forum is discuss and share views; some opposing. God forbid!

What does 76% worth when you only have 1 TD drives and the rest FG's to show for. What does 76% worth when our defense dominated but they were still one big play away from winning that game?

Lol, the pass to AJ was "ridiculous" lol. I've seen that same placement put to 76543 wr's today in these games by supposedly better qb's and those WR's routinely made that catch...but b/c its schaub its an inaccurate awful pass? You're quickly reaching amazing80 "not taken serious" status.

idgaf what you do guy. you can put me on ignore. your defend schaub at all costs **** gets old quick. many of us have been wanting to get rid of this guy for years now, this is nothing new.. but fine schaubs pass to andre in the endzone was a precise pass that other wrs make all the time, 76543 times today. **** it lets draft a new wr who can make that catch..

so by that logic, schaub was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need a qb?

blow it up.

eventually we'll find that elite qb.

]

you will never get it.. ride this bum till the wheels fall of.. 4 years later and our window is closed you still wont get it..

idgaf what you do guy. you can put me on ignore. your defend schaub at all costs **** gets old quick. many of us have been wanting to get rid of this guy for years now, this is nothing new.. but fine schaubs pass to andre in the endzone was a precise pass that other wrs make all the time, 76543 times today. **** it lets draft a new wr who can make that catch..

Im not defending him at all costs...i just wont make up **** or revise history and overplay my hand to make him out to be worse than he really is like u some of u guys. Honestly, there's no need to do that.

We can't have an All Encompassing Schaub thread without some play design breakdown.

Normal zone bootleg:

bootleg1.jpg

Schaub's bootleg:

bootleg2.jpg

:D

What does 76% worth when you only have 1 TD drives and the rest FG's to show for. What does 76% worth when our defense dominated but they were still one big play away from winning that game?

If we are using that logic, Houston was 1 or 2 opportunities from winning by blowout.

I guess I am just confused as to what the Schaub haters want. Is Houston supposed to run out and draft a rookie because there were 3 rookies that did well this year? What about all the other years where rookies didn't pan out? Serious questions here.

Yup. Especially since they're so easily found. I mean everyone has at least a great QB except us, right? Can't wait to have a QB that runs - look what it did for the Panthers!

And the colts today
And the redskins today
And the eagles this year

I know it's only one play but the more I study that particular play the more I'm convinced Schaub is a one-read QB. There were only three receivers out on that route, the rest stayed to block giving him max protect upfront. And yet he totally ignored Walter when he realized AJ was covered underneath and opted to throw to the one guy that shouldn't be thrown to unless he was under great duress in the pocket.

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/1356/schaubint.png

The way it's supposed to work, is that Schaub already knows where his guys are going. What he doesn't know, is where the defenders are going. So what they generally do is key off a guy or two on the defense.

It looks like Walter is about to break to the outside, but for all we know he's trying to get that safety to move outside so he can cut back in. So maybe (& I don't know any more than you do so I'm saying maybe) Schaub is watching that safety & since he knows that safety isn't moving, KDub is already out of the equation. Not only is there a safety on top, but a LB underneath. That would be a difficult throw, over the LB in front of the safety.

When you break down our defenses, try to find an instance when our LBs get that deep & stay shaded that close towards the receiver. (there are times when getting that deep isn't required, down & distance & the route combination should be your guide). He's got his eyes on the QB, but he sees (or "feels") Walter out of the corner of his eye.

That guy playing on top of Andre is not the guy Schaub should be looking at. Instead, it's that LB between Schaub & Andre. If Andre is to turn out, towards the sideline, he's open. If he turns inside (which it looks like he is) then he's not. Being that Andre is a gifted athlete, it's possible to throw the ball high & give him a chance to make a play. But that LB is so deep, even that would be a difficult throw (if Andrew was to break inside).

The picture you have doesn't really show it, but if you look at the motion of the defenders, they're already moving in the direction of the throw. Meaning the already know where he's going with the ball. Most likely because he patted the ball, or he reset his feet in that direction (which is what makes a 3, 5, 7 step drop so effective, your feet are trained to point where your eyes are looking when your last step drops & defenses don't have time to react). But that's why the ball was intercepted, he was late on the throw. He had somehow or another signaled where he was going & allowed the defense to react before the ball left his hand.

schaubint.png

the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option replacing schaub, at best, is a lateral move.

i would take all those guys over schaub except Young...

its the SYSTEM, no reason those guys couldnt run this system..

EDIT maybe not RYAN, hes showed a tendency to be an absolute ***** come playoff time..

I'm sure you would. However, the point is that the NFL was very excited about all of these guys at one time, but to date they've all disappointed. Luck, Wilson, Griffith, they all look good right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tannehill ends up being the most successful of them all.

the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option moving forward, at best, is a lateral move.

and the problem is you seem to think the texans can get any qb they want at a snap of a finger.

hey flacco is better than schaub right?

texans: hey ravens give me flacco.

ravens: ok.

sorry but it doesn't work like that

you also seem to think any unamed rookie texans draft will lead the texans to a super bowl victory.

the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option moving forward, at best, is a lateral move.

Well wouldn't that be the point of switching qbs? I mean if u guys consider schaub a game manager, what would be the point of switching to another game manager? Game managers are considered game managers b/c there's something about their game that isnt good....its usually a problem they have with the passing game.

you also seem to think any unamed rookie will lead the texans to a super bowl victory.

i dont think that at all, im just positive schaub will never lead the texans to a superbowl victory. so lets cut the bull****..

and the problem is you seem to think the texans can get any qb they want at a snap of a finger.

hey flacco is better than schaub right?

texans: hey ravens give me flacco.

ravens: ok.

sorry but it doesn't work like that
oh it doesnt?? because before you said that i thought thats how it worked. i thought the rest of the nfl was at the Texans disposal... dude stfu, i dont live in a fantasy land so foh with your condescending remarks. i know an elite qb was available last off-season and the texans dismissed the idea of kicking the tires.. theyre content with this loser..

the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

If we handicap New England's receivers, including TEs, to not make GREAT catches next week, I'll bet the house on the Texans. No tipping the ball to themselves, no one handed catches, no elevating above the defenders. If Brady doesn't lay it perfectly in their hands, they are not allowed to catch the ball....

I'll take the Texans every time.

Tell you what, how about something that makes more sense. I'll bet you whatever you want, that the Patriot TEs will make more GREAT catches than our TEs.

i dont think that at all, im just positive schaub will never lead the texans to a superbowl victory. so lets cut the bull****..

that may be the case.

but i'd rather build the team to get better with what we have now than to go back to the 2-14 dark ages off a prayer.

that's for desperate teams with nothing to lose. i just don't feel the texans are there just yet, even if we lose to the patriots.

If we handicap New England's receivers, including TEs, to not make GREAT catches next week, I'll bet the house on the Texans. No tipping the ball to themselves, no one handed catches, no elevating above the defenders. If Brady doesn't lay it perfectly in their hands, they are not allowed to catch the ball....

I'll take the Texans every time.

Tell you what, how about something that makes more sense. I'll bet you whatever you want, that the Patriot TEs will make more GREAT catches than our TEs.

yea and i bet their TEs will be heavily blanketed when they make those amazing catches and when our TEs make incredible catches they will be wide open.. thats the difference..

lol this system isnt about legit #2 receivers, they will continue to use mid to late rounders for the o-line. do you want 5 all pros to help schaub?? smfh the o-line was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need to draft stud tackles and guards with 1st round picks..

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

i dont live in a fantasy land

actually you do because you're calling to replace schaub with no plan.

just, REPLACE SCHAUB!!!!!!!!!!

you haven't even named a qb you want to draft or a free agent qb available coming up that we should go after.

just hypotheticals.

funny thing is i'm actually open to grooming a qb to replace schaub for the future.

and a wr for when aj slows down.

oh it doesnt?? because before you said that i thought thats how it worked. i thought the rest of the nfl was at the Texans disposal... dude stfu, i dont live in a fantasy land so foh with your condescending remarks. i know an elite qb was available last off-season and the texans dismissed the idea of kicking the tires.. theyre content with this loser..

Unless Peyton Manning was willing to sign for the league minimum then there wasn't a chance in hell of him coming to Houston. We didn't even have the cap room to resign Winston, Briesel, and DeMeco Ryans. Did you want the Texans to cut even more quality players to go after Manning? Get rid of Foster, Brown, and probably a few other guys just to go after him? There was no realistic possibility of Manning come to Houston.

And can you come up with any realistic solution besides Matt Schuab? TJ Yates isn't the answer. He was an average college QB and hasn't shown that he'd be anything better as a pro. What players are out there that would be an upgrade over Schaub?

that may be the case.

but i'd rather build the team to get better with what we have now than to go back to the 2-14 dark ages off a prayer.

that's for desperate teams with nothing to lose. i just don't feel the texans are there just yet, even if we lose to the patriots.

Wait. What? You think w/o Schaub you think we won't win more than two games? Even if Yates starts all our game next year I think we can at least manage a 9 win season.

actually you do because you're calling to replace schaub with no plan.

just, REPLACE SCHAUB!!!!!!!!!!

you haven't even named a qb you want to draft or a free agent qb available coming up that we should go after.

just hypotheticals.

right because this off-season there wasnt a 50 page thread saying to go get peyton manning... philip rivers might become available next offseason. weve even said lets drfaft a qb in the next 2 years with an early pick and let him sit behind schaub. but all you guys do is dismiss every suggestion and claim we dotn provide any solutions

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

no irony, ive been wanting to get rid of schaub since the best he could do was go 8-8.. he lost my faith around 08 when he tossed a pick to lose the arizona game, it just got progressively worse. i mean he racked up a bunch of yards and you guys beat your chests over it. i saw a weak, mental midget who couldnt over come his teams mistakes and is afraid of the spot light..

Wait. What? You think w/o Schaub you think we won't win more than two games? Even if Yates starts all our game next year I think we can at least manage a 9 win season.

9 wins?

i say 6 at best.

he couldn't even beat a garbage 2-14 colts team without manning or luck.

he's not the answer. im sorry i don't see it. i'd say he looked worse than the rookies in this current draft class.

yea and i bet their TEs will be heavily blanketed when they make those amazing catches and when our TEs make incredible catches they will be wide open.. thats the difference..

Well, according to someone in this thread, the guy we're talking about, the catch that I was responding to, our guy was "hung out to dry"

I mean... like... he wasn't wide open.

I guess I am just confused as to what the Schaub haters want. Is Houston supposed to run out and draft a rookie because there were 3 rookies that did well this year? What about all the other years where rookies didn't pan out? Serious questions here.

Maybe we could, uh, like spend a higher draft pick on one? Rather than waiting until round 6 or 7 or grabbing a UDFA.

That wouldn't happen, though, because THAT would be sending a message to Matt Schaub that Matt Schaub's job just might be endangered. It's convenient for Gary to draft a clipboard QB so that it doesn't threaten his defacto starter.

And it also wouldn't work because drafting a Qb at ANY round is a crapshoot, so therefore that's another layer of protection for Matt Schaub and his fan club.

Really what it boils down to, IMO, is people are as conservative as Gary Kubiak is. They're afraid that any change would be a huge step backward and we'd regret it. When what's funny is we spent roughly 4 or 5 years with David Carr and were sunk every season that that jabroni was here being protected under similar circumstances, i.e. "Well, he's THE STARTER!" and "Where else are we going to find an upgrade?!?!" and "He just needs a better OL."

The problem with Matt is that he's juuuust good enough. Nobody wants to risk going backward. But that also means we aren't moving FORWARD, either.

right because this off-season there wasnt a 50 page thread saying to go get peyton manning... philip rivers might become available next offseason. weve even said lets drfaft a qb in the next 2 years with an early pick and let him sit behind schaub. but all you guys do is dismiss every suggestion and claim we dotn provide any solutions

no irony, ive been wanting to get rid of schaub since the best he could do was go 8-8.. he lost my faith around 08 when he tossed a pick to lose the arizona game, it just got progressively worse. i mean he racked up a bunch of yards and you guys beat your chests over it. i saw a weak, mental midget who couldnt over come his teams mistakes and is afraid of the spot light..

You realize that you are speaking about a QB with a 20-7 record the past two years, and a QB that won his only start in the playoffs... I'm concerned about Schaub's performance as well, but you are off the reservation with your criticisms.

The problem is, u guys see what you want to see, and not what's actually

weve seen teams up against the cap every year manage to sign free agents. peyton got a deal that is essentially a one year deal, with guaranteed money up front.. and none of the money after year 1 being guaranteed... acrafty gm could hhave distributed the money differently and taken more of a risk. its clear manning neck/arm isnt an issue..

Back