Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

The pick 6 he threw, he'd thrown similar passes at least twice before that and they were all completed....they just went the well too many times it was just a great play by hall....casey fading back instead of coming back to the ball didn't exactly help either...

The missed TD to AJ...not sure why people put that on Schaub either...AJ was able to get both hands on it and it was put right where it needed to be...out in front away from the defender...AJ's gotta separate from the defender better and run thru that...Schaub also had a defender obstructing his throwing lane and had to fall back/slide a little to get the ball out......which threw off the timing a little too.

I really do wonder if some of u watch the games or not.

You expect someone as big as Casey running an out toward the sideline to stop on a dime change gear and run toward the pass? Yeah right.
And I don't know why so many people thought AJ drop that pass in the endzone. It was a slightly overthrown pass just out of reach out of AJ finger tips. AJ was jam early and had trouble getting out the break which probably cause the overthrown pass since it was a timing route. I didn't really blame Schaub on that throw and I DEFINETLY don't blame AJ on that "drop".

You expect someone as big as Casey running an out toward the sideline to stop on a dime change gear and run toward the pass? Yeah right.
And I don't know why so many people thought AJ drop that pass in the endzone. It was a slightly overthrown pass just out of reach out of AJ finger tips. AJ was jam early and had trouble getting out the break which probably cause the overthrown pass since it was a timing route. I didn't really blame Schaub on that throw and I DEFINETLY don't blame AJ on that "drop".

Pretty much how I saw it. Bad throw by Schaub, but AJ should have caught it. It's the playoffs and you've got to bring that one in. But Schaub has to make those easy throws.

So Schaub would play better if he was paid more? Are you his agent?

No, I guess you are his agent.

Every team has a salary cap at around $121M.

If you spend $20M plus for the top QBs, you have less to pay other "good" players.

It's your choice on how to build a team; sometimes the timing isn't there for you to get a top-notch QB.

Why is it that it's so difficult to understand?

He did his part; he gets paid half the amount Brady and Peyton receive.
uh..

Schaub 5 years $66.15 m 2012 $4 m base + $17.5 m bonus = $21.5 m
Brady 5 years $78.5 m 2012 base $950,00 + $11.8 m bonus = $12.5 m (apprx)
Manning 5 years $96 m 2012 base $18 m no bonus. If he passes 2013 physical his '13 & '14 base of $30 m total is guaranteed & if on roster end of years 3 & 4 his next year is guaranteed.

you can talk mess all you want about schaub but he played his game today managing and getting the win. bengals score only 6 from offense. dalton was the one confused and couldn't convert on 3rd down.

kubiak plays conservative and doesn't take chances to rack up points.

uh..

Schaub 5 years $66.15 m 2012 $4 m base + $17.5 m bonus = $21.5 m
Brady 5 years $78.5 m 2012 base $950,00 + $11.8 m bonus = $12.5 m (apprx)
Manning 5 years $96 m 2012 base $18 m no bonus. If he passes 2013 physical his '13 & '14 base of $30 m total is guaranteed & if on roster end of years 3 & 4 his next year is guaranteed.

Spotrac shows Manning salary at 18 this year and 20 next year.
If 2013 physical is passed, $40 million guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/

Brady restructured his contract some way, such that the next 2 years, his salary will be at 21.8
He also has some form of extra bonus like Schaub.
On top of that, he received a $10.8M bonus to restructure his contract.

Also, if you look at Schaub's contract, there are some bonus he has to earn (not the sigining bonus)

Also, due to the Manning situation, the Broncos will be up against the cap next year when they need to resign Clady and Porter.

Salary is one thing, but the cap hit also figures heavily in how you can manage your team roster.

And if Green wouldn't have dropped the EZ pass, they would have beaten us.

What easy drop? The one where he was sandwiched between kj and Joseph? He never had a shot at that ball. Dalton threw into double coverage and our d was perfect. Either kj OR Joseph were in perfect position and could have been enough. The two together made it impossible.

What easy drop? The one where he was sandwiched between kj and Joseph? He never had a shot at that ball. Dalton threw into double coverage and our d was perfect. Either kj OR Joseph were in perfect position and could have been enough. The two together made it impossible.

EZ=End Zone.........and it was catchable.

It was actually overthrown by Dalton, but for kicks lets say he doesn't make that mistake and they get the TD .... then lets say MS doesn't brain fart and throw the pick-six .... we still win. The QB mistakes off-set each other.

You call it brain fart, I call it a QB that panicks for no reason. He had plenty of time in a perfect pocket to look downfield and should've thrown it to Walter on a deep slant out. But instead he threw it to a safety valve route design only to be thrown quickly if there was instance pressure upfront.

http://imageshack.us/f/99/schaubint.png/

Notice #83 breaking for a wide open out slant. Notice a clean protected pocket. Notice the panick decision to throw it late and flat to Casey that resulted in a pick 6.

You call it brain fart, I call it a QB that panicks for no reason. He had plenty of time in a perfect pocket to look downfield and should've thrown it to Walter on a deep slant out. But instead he threw it to a safety valve route design only to be thrown quickly if there was instance pressure upfront.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/schaubint.png/

Notice #83 breaking for a wide open out slant. Notice a clean protected pocket. Notice the panick decision to throw it late and flat to Casey that resulted in a pick 6.

Out Slant? Oh dear. I see the Bengals in zone and the man 'covering' AJ is about to release him, putting him in perfect position to intercept a pass to Walter.

Don't see anyone stating that Schaub led this team to victory or that he was the big reason why we won, but he only had like two bad plays to me.

I don't know man, maybe I've just always understood Schaub for what he was and a lot of you guys thought he was borderline elite or something. Schaub's play right now isn't that surprising to me, but he made some real good plays on 3rd down today at least. I won't ever expect Schaub to carry this team to victory. I expect the team to carry Schaub more, but for Schaub to carry them sometimes (but not often). We're a defensive run first team. That's who we are. Expecting Schaub to be any different then what he's always been isn't really fair to expect it NOW. We just need for him not to make INT's or fumbles and to be able to make some TD passes in the RZ.

schaub was inaccurate all game long, just take the last throw for instance, Graham made an UNBELIEVABLE catch to seal that game, Schaubs throw was pathetic.....he got lucky, that won't be good enough in Foxboro

Out Slant? Oh dear. I see the Bengals in zone and the man 'covering' AJ is about to release him, putting him in perfect position to intercept a pass to Walter.

AJ man wasn't releasing. He was breaking back in toward AJ to cover a hitch route. His back was also toward walter so there's no way he sees that route developing from behind. I rewind that play 5 times. No way that corner get back to cover Walter when he was too focus on our superstar reciever. That still doesn't explain why Schaub panick in that perfect pocket.

I was just thinking that. Both of these guys have "it". When I see Schaub crapping the bed and rolling around in it week after week, I don't see "it". I just see something that ends in it but not "it".

wilson had a dropped interception in the redzone and a fumble that should have been recovered by the redskins.

but i'm sure we'll gloss over that. that and andrew luck's fg fest this afternoon as well.

Why do people keep insisting AJ drop that TD pass? He can't catch it with his finger nails.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4241/ajj.png

And I've ready told you that the reason the ball was just off was because Wade Smith got beat right away and the DT was in Schaub's grill.

If Schaub directed the ball higher and to the inside, he would risk getting the ball batted down. If he tried to pull up he risked a sack.

The other point was that there was no catch by neither side.
You can play the what if game all day long, that ain't gonna change.

I think the biggest thing is when you see these QBs roll out of the pocket and actually THROW the ball DOWNFIELD

When Schaub rolls out of the pocket, you might as well put an incompletion in the books as he throws it into the ground 3 yards downfield. It actually baffles me how un-athletic he is lol

I was just thinking that. Both of these guys have "it". When I see Schaub crapping the bed and rolling around in it week after week, I don't see "it". I just see something that ends in it but not "it".

Absolutely agree.

Schaub doesnt exude confidence with his teammates, fans, and media.

He exudes fear and loathing.

Some people have that "IT" factor. Some people dont.

I cant stand his stupid aloof gomer pyle face.

wilson had a dropped interception in the redzone and a fumble that should have been recovered by the redskins.

but i'm sure we'll gloss over that. that and andrew luck's fg fest this afternoon as well.

yea lets just gloss over the fact that matt schaub is a nine year veteran who is just finally played his first playoff game.

smdh at you trying to clown on rookies who led their team to the playoffs.

Even worse you bagging on Andrew Luck who plays with a horrid oline while being a rookie who led his team to a 11 win season a year before his team only won two games.

Luck would throw for 5k if he played for the texans.

right because that justifies matts liabilities. both thes eguys are ROOKIES playing in their first playoff game.. matt took 9 years to play in his first playoff game... these are also 2 VERY good defenses..

thats the problem with the schaub detractors, they always look for faults in other qbs to justify schaubs mediocre play..

right because that justifies matts liabilities. both thes eguys are ROOKIES playing in their first playoff game.. matt took 9 years to play in his first playoff game...

i see compare schaub to rookies then when someone calls out the mistakes that they are also making go back to "hey don't compare them, they're rookies!!!!!".

whats the point?

oh right complain complain complain some more because the texans haven't sucked long enough to get a number 1 overall pick or maybe go decades like the redskins until we find a qb like rg3.

why watch this team?

blow it up so we can go years after years until we get an "elite"qb

i see compare schaub to rookies then when someone calls out the mistakes that they are also making go back to "hey don't compare them, they're rookies!!!!!".

schaub makes mistakes too, if these kids are making these same mistakes when they are 31 then say something..

damn you folks defend this dude at all costs..

both these qbs are already light years better than schaub and will likely get better, even if neither never become elite..

Last edited:
schaub makes mistakes too, if these kids are making these same mistakes when they are 31 then say something..

damn you folks defend this dude at all costs..

both these qbs are already light years better than schaub and will likely get better, even if neither never become elite..

exactly

I know it's only one play but the more I study that particular play the more I'm convinced Schaub is a one-read QB. There were only three receivers out on that route, the rest stayed to block giving him max protect upfront. And yet he totally ignored Walter when he realized AJ was covered underneath and opted to throw to the one guy that shouldn't be thrown to unless he was under great duress in the pocket.

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/1356/schaubint.png

Schaub is just Schaub... Nothing more nothing less. We already knew that. Lets just be happy the Jags and Titans blew their wad a year early on thier QB picks and we only have Luck to deal with moving forward.

Schaub is just Schaub... Nothing more nothing less. We already knew that. Lets just be happy the Jags and Titans blew their wad a year early on thier QB picks and we only have Luck to deal with moving forward.

not throwing inthe towel on locker yet.. gabbert is trash.. thats one qb i would rather have schaub over..

Just like Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, Vick, & Young right?

i would take all those guys over schaub except Young...

its the SYSTEM, no reason those guys couldnt run this system..

EDIT maybe not RYAN, hes showed a tendency to be an absolute ***** come playoff time..

You don't see Matt Schaub making half of the plays Russell Wilson is making tonight.
Seeing him sprint downfield to help block and get his RB into the endzone was amazing. Schaub would've pussed out and crapped his pants

You don't see Matt Schaub making half of the plays Russell Wilson is making tonight.
Seeing him sprint downfield to help block and get his RB into the endzone was amazing. Schaub would've pussed out and crapped his pants

You can't really run in front of your RB when your 40 time is 25.5, and you only bench the bar.

Wilson was a great draft pick. Nobody is suggesting the Texans should avoid taking a stud, rookie QB in the 3rd round. Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

Last edited:
schaub was inaccurate all game long, just take the last throw for instance, Graham made an UNBELIEVABLE catch to seal that game, Schaubs throw was pathetic.....he got lucky, that won't be good enough in Foxboro

Inaccurate all game long? What game were u watching?

Wilson was a great draft pick. Nobody is suggesting the Texans should avoid taking a stud, rookie WR in the 3rd round. Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

Not to mention every team in the nfl passed on him twice....some 3 times...but hey, lets pretend like everyone in the nfl that is paid to research this stuff knew he was going to be as good as he's been and passed on him anyway.

Schaub supporters argue that the team can win with him and that the team shouldn't simply dump him and start over with "X".

whose to say "X" wont be better just because of an unfamiliarity with the system... i get the whole schaub knows the system the best thing, great, he'll make a great coach one day and continue the shanny offense legacy in the future.. sticking with schaub will keep the texans on a treadmill. yates came in as unprepared as any potential replacement and did a damn good job winning a playoff game in the process.

Back