Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

610 reporting trade has been done.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Bro they were complaining even after the two seasons in which we won 10+ games with Watson as the starter. It’s actually getting worse by the minute around these parts lol. So bad that they are talking about padding stats in garbage time. Talk about unbelievable but really entertaining.
Has DW4 not been padding his stats in garbage time for most of the season. Look at the Packers game as an example.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
not trying to get caught up in the disagreement but I like those stats just thought Dashaun would do much better against that defense. I told my friends before game I expected 50 points directly attributed to his passing, handing off to others for TDs and rushing himself for points. Mom knew a B was good for me but kept wishing for A. Man, a C? you would have thought I had just told her I was going to be a beach bum for my life.
I went back and watched the game earlier today and the one glaring difference between the 2 defenses.....the Jags literally had a "B Line" to Watson with absolutely zero disruption throughout the game on Sunday. Boy the Texans OL sucked arse yesterday!!!! As for the Texans, they had next to nothing in regards to a pass rush therefore leaving the rookie QB to enjoys watching his receivers dice up the Texans shite-show secondary. Anyone want to try and prove this observation otherwise?

Texansballer74

The Marine
I went back and watched the game earlier today and the one glaring difference between the 2 defenses.....the Jags literally had a "B Line" to Watson with absolutely zero disruption throughout the game on Sunday. Boy the Texans OL sucked arse yesterday!!!! As for the Texans, they had next to nothing in regards to a pass rush therefore leaving the rookie QB to enjoys watching his receivers dice up the Texans shite-show secondary. Anyone want to try and prove this observation otherwise?
That defense also let the rookie off the hook. They should’ve picked him off 4 times.

OptimisticTexan

That defense also let the rookie off the hook. They should’ve picked him off 4 times.
This ought to be fun......the reason the Texans DB's can't catch an INT that hits them smack in the hands is b/c they just don't get enough chances in practice. Remember how the bubbles used to percolate over Beevis' head when he was forced into deep thoughts? LOL

Decim8

Veteran
A team had to vastly overpay in terms of draft picks and cap rollover money. Plus DW4 wanted them to keep WFV and that's why he's still here. God the Texans org is screwed up.
Doesn't matter what watson wanted, fuller was still on the trade block and it almost happened which tells me watson doesn't have the final say or as much influence as you think think he does.

In fact there were reports that every one was on the trade block except watson, tunsil, watt and Howard. And thats after watson said no one is getting traded. It's just that Cal wasn't going to trade for the sake of trading unless they get the compensation that they think they should get which I kindve respect

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Doesn't matter what watson wanted, fuller was still on the trade block and it almost happened which tells me watson doesn't have the final say or as much influence as you think think he does.

In fact there were reports that every one was on the trade block except watson, tunsil, watt and Howard. And thats after watson said no one is getting traded. It's just that Cal wasn't going to trade for the sake of trading unless they get the compensation that they think they should get which I kindve respect
They also got zero cap rollover and zero in trade return and most likely WFV's gonna walk after the season. Brilliant

BTW, bottom line is DW4 said nobody was getting traded and nobody got traded. I think you're underestimating how much power DW4 has in the Texans org. For gods sake he's on the hiring committee. SMDH

Decim8

Veteran
They also got zero cap rollover and zero in trade return and most likely WFV's gonna walk after the season. Brilliant

BTW, bottom line is DW4 said nobody was getting traded and nobody got traded. I think you're underestimating how much power DW4 has in the Texans org. For gods sake he's on the hiring committee. SMDH
Like I said, it didnt matter what watson said, cause fuller was STILL on the trade block, he would've been a packer but the negotiations broke down on the last day.

And I expect watson to respond the way he did, he ain't gonna throw his team mates under the bus and say they should get traded.

I do agree he has a voice in the search committee....but that's all imo nothing more nothing less, Cal will always have the final say

Decim8

Veteran
By the way, speaking of the search committee.....are they planning on hiring the HC before the GM? :hankpalm:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Like I said, it didnt matter what watson said, cause fuller was STILL on the trade block, he would've been a packer but the negotiations broke down on the last day.

And I expect watson to respond the way he did, he ain't gonna throw his team mates under the bus and say they should get traded.

I do agree he has a voice in the search committee....but that's all imo nothing more nothing less, Cal will always have the final say
DW4 will get what he wants. It's the way the Texans org works.

See: Watt

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
By the way, speaking of the search committee.....are they planning on hiring the HC before the GM? :hankpalm:
I have no idea.

I've heard the GM will be hired 1st and then the GM will become part of the search committee. What kind of GM would want a job where he didn't get to hire the HC of his choosing?

Oh wait, that would be RS, expect more of the same old same old with the Texans org. It's why I'm not even really caring about wwho they hire as GM/HC. Although I think the Colts asst GM or Elliot Wolf would be great hires, it's doubtful they would join the Texans org under these circumstances. It's a career killing job.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
BOB had nothing to do with this?

SMDH
No.
The offensive line was Kubiak's.
So was Foster.
And BOB didn't make the AFC South weak. The Jags and the Tacks combined for 5 wins, and they played each other.

Texans had the most rushing attempts in the league, 30th in passing attempt.

If Bob had tried to do that the last few years without Foster and the 2014 Oline, imagine how worse those teams could be.
It's scary just to think about it.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Who cares. It's all Watson's fault.
:corrosion:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You're amazing. The new regime will fail because of Watson. The old regime failed because of Watson. Rick Smith is gone because of Watson.

But O'Brien & his offense which was piss poor before Watson & wasn't winning games (it was the defense) before Watson had no affect on Watson.

You're a peach.
Rick Smith is gone because he was incompetent.

For the team to have been as successful as it was under BOB, (No he wasn't as successful as we wanted him to be.) he wasn't a bad HC he wasn't an above avg one either. How come posters only really started complaining about BOB's offense after DW4 became his QB?

BTW, HC's are only as good as their QB's.

OptimisticTexan

For the team to have been as successful as it was under BOB, (No he wasn't as successful as we wanted him to be.) he wasn't a bad HC he wasn't an above avg one either. How come posters only really started complaining about BOB's offense after DW4 became his QB?

I completely ransacked OB at every opportunity in his first year......and every year after. He had to go and yes, there were a few times I rethought my position after a few wins but he had an amazing way about him that always brought the, "get his arse out of here" out of me.

amazing80

Hall of Fame

Funny thing, Fischer made the Rams look like trash and McVay took them to a Super Bowl. Same QB

76Texan

Hall of Fame

You and your crazy talk again.
I had wanted BOB gone during the first year.
0-30 was the last draw.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Care to point some of this out?

I seem to remember the false narrative of if we only had a QB we would be winning SB's.
two people just posted they were complaining about OB from day one. I complained about BO’bs offense from day 1.

But in your mind, “posters only really started complaining about BOB's offense after DW4 became his QB?”

I seem to remember the false narrative of if we only had a QB we would be winning SB's.

That team was practically dismantled by the time BO’b decided Rick was right about Watson. Just like he was about every other 1st round pick.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
two people just posted they were complaining about OB from day one. I complained about BO’bs offense from day 1.

But in your mind, “posters only really started complaining about BOB's offense after DW4 became his QB?”

That team was practically dismantled by the time BO’b decided Rick was right about Watson. Just like he was about every other 1st round pick.
I guess that would be you and Corrosion?

He got he 1st rd right most of the time. oKoYe says hi!

Tell me more about rds 2-4, you know, where teams and depth are built.

BTW, I think both BOB/RS were wrong and proof of this is they're both currently unemployed for having this opinion.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Exactly, most were complaining about him being hired in the first place. I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. But the way he handled the QB position was asinine to me.

For the record I wasn’t on board with him either

So that three Thunder
You were on this MB back then?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Tell me more about rds 2-4, you know, where teams and depth are built.
We’re talking about Watson. Stay focused. How many of those 1st round picks was he wrong about? Okoye & Clowney.

Isn’t it more likely that he is right on Watson than not? That’s not to say Watson is better than Mahomes or even Trubisky. Both were off the board.

But he got us a 1st round QB who will have an avg to above average career in the NFL.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We’re talking about Watson. Stay focused. How many of those 1st round picks was he wrong about? Okoye & Clowney.

Isn’t it more likely that he is right on Watson than not? That’s not to say Watson is better than Mahomes or even Trubisky. Both were off the board.

But he got us a 1st round QB who will have an avg to above average career in the NFL.
Yep, after a decade of neglect of the QB position he got the Texans an avg QB until further notice. Yipeee!!!

Texansballer74

The Marine

Thunder Watson right now is between poor- middling. At this rate he will never reach average or above average.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Thunder Watson right now is between poor- middling. At this rate he will never reach average or above average.
I've said he's an avg QB from the beginning and after 4 yrs my opinion hasn't changed.

If you're going to insinuate thing atleast try to be accurate.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yep, after a decade of neglect of the QB position he got the Texans an avg QB until further notice. Yipeee!!!
Sometimes it’s lonely to be the one that’s right. I get that & maybe that’s what’s happening now. But there’s an awful lot of people outside of Houston who believe Watson is special.

I’m not one of them. I agree with you for the most part. If he’s not going to decisively use his legs when he needs to, he’s just not special enough right now to get this team past the divisional round.

But I think it’s premature to say he’ll never get there. I think it’s ridiculous to say he’s not getting any better.

He hasn’t shown enough improvement against the best teams, I can get behind that. But, what are the “reasons” he should have? His QB coach? I think he’s had three in the last three years.

His OC? O’Brien, Godsey, O’Brien, Kelly... yawn...

His improved OL? bwahahaha

The support he’s getting from the run game?

Or is it just because he’s been playing for 4 years? Because if that’s all you got... let’s see what happens with a new HC & hopefully a real OC.

So let me ask two questions not just to you but to all the fans that think Watson is an elite QB.

1. As a Texans fan what possible reason could I have for not wanting Watson to be the greatest QB in NFL history especially after we have signed him to a long term deal? We aren’t getting another QB anytime soon so why would I not want him to be great?

2. If people say they know he has weaknesses yet the weaknesses I and others, including again professional scouts, aren’t actually weaknesses what are his weaknesses? Apparently running isn’t a weaknesses, passing isn’t a weaknesses, playing Houdini every time the pocket collapses isn’t a weakness. The sacks are all blamed on the line and the missed passes on the WRs so what is his weakness? He’s to nice?
1. Maybe some think you're bat-chit crazy? Do some think you have a disdain of DW's play? Who knows? I'm sure we all want DW to be great for the Texans.

2. I see the weaknesses as inconsistency in decision making and accuracy. Neither are bad but could use sustained improvement and he's got the ability to do both.

I know there's a prize for answering first :trophy:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Sometimes it’s lonely to be the one that’s right. I get that & maybe that’s what’s happening now. But there’s an awful lot of people outside of Houston who believe Watson is special.

I’m not one of them. I agree with you for the most part. If he’s not going to decisively use his legs when he needs to, he’s just not special enough right now to get this team past the divisional round.

But I think it’s premature to say he’ll never get there. I think it’s ridiculous to say he’s not getting any better.

He hasn’t shown enough improvement against the best teams, I can get behind that. But, what are the “reasons” he should have? His QB coach? I think he’s had three in the last three years.

Or is it just because he’s been playing for 4 years? Because if that’s all you got... let’s see what happens with a new HC & hopefully a real OC.
Where has he improved? Everytime they play a contender he plays poorly. That's how I judge his play. You're right though, with a new HC there should be no excuses. I'm willing to give him next yr as a learning experience, although I'm sure I will be frustrated with his play next yr.

Bottom line is right now he's not good enough

Where posters are differing is whether he can become good enough and I'm betting no. I'm actually ok with being the lone wolf.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Which ones? Our second teamers or our third? Now that Scharpie is back from covid I want to seem him at LG. We have to have consistency at positions or young guys can't learn. Is Lonny Johnson a safety or a corner against Browns? Why are not our tight end getting more targets? Why have I said that last three seasons. Akins back but Fells didn't get many looks when Akins out. Obrien gone four weeks and we still don't know what we want to do.
Am I over bold thinking we can sweep next three?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Where has he improved? Everytime they play a contender he plays poorly. That's how I judge his play. You're right though, with a new HC there should be no excuses. I'm willing to give him next yr as a learning experience, although I'm sure I will be frustrated with his play next yr.

Where posters are differing is whether he can become good enough and I'm betting no. I'm actually ok with being the lone wolf.

Yes he is straight up trash and he won't ever amount to skit.

Another winner here great Texans fans .

1000 % accurate right here Maverick.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Which ones? Our second teamers or our third? Now that Scharpie is back from covid I want to seem him at LG. We have to have consistency at positions or young guys can't learn. Is Lonny Johnson a safety or a corner against Browns? Why are not our tight end getting more targets? Why have I said that last three seasons. Akins back but Fells didn't get many looks when Akins out. Obrien gone four weeks and we still don't know what we want to do.
Am I over bold thinking we can sweep next three?

Watson was trying to get Akins involved. The main reason why they aren't been targeted enough, is because the offensive line struggles with blitzes, stunts and just basic 3-4 man rush.

Anything is possible but I highly doubt it. I'm a homer so I will say yes we will win the next three. Lol

Now back to my 1000% accurate comments to those that are spot on about Watsons play.

badboy

Hall of Fame

Lone Wolf McQuade! Have not seen a Chuck Norris post long time!

badboy

Hall of Fame
Watson was trying to get Akins involved. The main reason why they aren't been targeted enough, is because the offensive line struggles with blitzes, stunts and just basic 3-4 man rush.

Anything is possible but I highly doubt it. I'm a homer so I will say yes we will win the next three. Lol

Now back to my 1000% accurate comments to those that are spot on about Watsons play.
Oline play and blitzes are why we are suppose to pass to tight ends.As my drill instructors said "light 'em up if you've got them". I'm not blaming #4 but...
Maybe now that David is out after Watson threw him into kill zone we can pass more. Go pass crazy Dashaun!

Texansballer74

The Marine
Oline play and blitzes are why we are suppose to pass to tight ends.As my drill instructors said "light 'em up if you've got them". I'm not blaming #4 but...
Maybe now that David is out after Watson threw him into kill zone we can pass more. Go pass crazy Dashaun!
I agree with you . They need to utilize the Tights ends more. IMO they can be blitz killers. They’re not heavily scripted in the game plan. The only time we seen them utilize quite a bit was when we had Brock at the helm.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Maybe now that David is out after Watson threw him into kill zone
I was cringing the second he threw that pass. you could see that hit coming. He needs to buy DJ dinner for the next month or so.
They need to utilize the Tights ends more. IMO they can be blitz killers
This is where Watson needs to improve. The Jags blitzed the crap out of him and they had no blitz beaters. Watson had problems getting them into the right play call for those blitzes.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Maybe/Maybe not,

I f Bienemy is DW4's choice as HC and DW4 doesn't improve yr 1 what will the excuses be?

How long will you give DW4 under Bienemy to improve his weaknesses since you think all that's been missing for DW4 to reach greatness is a new HC with a Reid background? Look at other Reid disciples now and their QB's Pederson/Nagy, their offenses look like crap.

Regardless of who the HC/GM is next year I expect them to post a better record than this year .... It can't get much worse , that's for sure.
To me the question is what their ceiling is - Are they the pretenders we've seen the last 3 years or are they real contenders ? No player will have a bigger impact on that outcome than Watson.

I do think it's a foregone conclusion that Bienemy will be the next HC.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Yes and no, he has had several QB coaches but that doesn't tell the whole picture. First he has kept his personal QB coach the entire time and even the Texans haven't just thrown the first person that walked through the door in that role and have tried to hire quality coaches for this role. Yes past success is no guarantee of future success but this is the one area I absolutely can not fault the Texans on because they have tried.

Agreed for whatever reason the play calling has kept trying to shove that square peg into that round hole. Can Watson call audibles, yes he can but I would agree with someone if they said OB wouldn't accept him doing that to many times. Plus its not his job to second guess the OC on every play just when the defense does a change he sees.

The Oline has been hit or miss and Devlin should have been fired long long before now, can't believe he outlasted OB, but to say it hasn't improved is wrong. Texans just sold the farm for the best LT available and even if people don't like it the market was what it was and Tunsil was the only one on the market they could get. Howard was a solid pick at 23 for a long term RT and for everyone that thought Dillard would have been the answer go check out how he is doing on the Eagles and then factor in that he wouldn't have had a year to sit behind a future HoF LT and he would have Devlin as his coach. Yeah Dillard would have been a bust and Watson would have been killed.

Martin I don't know why they paid him like they did but maybe it was in an effort to keep the line as intact as possible and Watson has seemed comfortable with him at center. At the least we haven't seen to many mistakes between them on the snap which can count for a lot. The rest are basically stop gaps but with all the needs this team has they have tried to fix the line even at the expense of other things like the defense.

Plus there is a very good case to be made that Watson contributes to his sack numbers more that many want to admit.

Hyde was solid and Texans may not have had a great run game but you look at KC and Reid seems to think run game is what happens after the receiver catches the ball. Texans run game has been decent enough to give Watson a breather and pick up a yard here and there. Plus one of the advantages of a duel threat QB is that they themselves can kick off a run game. This year I agree the run game is a joke but the whole team is a joke and we aren't just talking about this year.

Not just because but there is something to be said for experience and learning the speed and impact of an NFL game. Watson is clearly very intelligent and able to break down plays so is he not watching his own film to see where he can improve? And if he is then does he A: think that he is doing everything right B: see areas to improve but doesn't know how or C: see areas to improve and then in the heat of the moment forget what he was suppose to do different and reverts to habit? Or it could be none of the above but any elite, franchise QB should always be their worst critic and constantly working to improve.