Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

610 reporting trade has been done.

So now 280+ yards 2 touchdowns no interceptions and leading his team in rushing is considered not good.

Wow is all I can say at this point. Lol

They made several big plays ..... but typical of the Texans , they really didn't really sustain any drives or control the game with their offense and Anger punted 5 times against the one defense in the league that may be worse than their own. You expect more than this.

Here's their drives -
2 plays · 75 yards TD
6 plays · 45 yards FG
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
14 plays · 59 yards FG
4 plays · 18 yards Fumble
6 plays · 98 yards TD
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
3 plays · 81 yards TD (Shoulda been a delay of game penalty)
9 plays · 17 yards Punt
3 plays · 2 yards Punt
8 plays · 26 yards Punt
3 plays · -3 yards End of game

Watson was 19/32 (59.4%) for 281 and 2 TD's

That's not a bad day , they won ... but again , it points to the big play or bust narrative typical of Watson and this offense.

They made several big plays ..... but typical of the Texans , they really didn't really sustain any drives or control the game with their offense and Anger punted 5 times against the one defense in the league that may be worse than their own. You expect more than this.

Here's their drives -
2 plays · 75 yards TD
6 plays · 45 yards FG
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
14 plays · 59 yards FG
6 plays · 98 yards TD
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
9 plays · 17 yards Punt
3 plays · 2 yards Punt
8 plays · 26 yards Punt

That's not a bad day , they won ... but again , it points to the big play or bust narrative typical of Watson and this offense.

I think it is Watson. I have been looking at him in school and then in the pros and it is the same thing. Done almost the exact same way. He can hand off, who can't and throw on the run (right mostly) and so on... I'm not sure the play book is like his stats. Seeing even with OB it was DHop, deep shot on a roll or punt/INT.

Look at the Jags QB throwing for 300+ and if not for the INT would have been better numbers than Watson. That's is not a good sign

Here's their drives -
2 plays · 75 yards TD
6 plays · 45 yards FG
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
14 plays · 59 yards FG
6 plays · 98 yards TD
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
9 plays · 17 yards Punt
3 plays · 2 yards Punt
8 plays · 26 yards Punt

Here we go again looking for only perfection. No team and I mean no team will consistently score on every freaking possession. You also continues look at the picture half cocked verse the full picture. We have no running game dude. The offensive line is not winning consistently in the trenches. This team consistently make boneheaded mistakes that kills drives. So of course you will not see that type of perfection you’re expecting from your quarterback. The play caller still wants to run the ball up the gut, in which hasn’t worked ever.

I really don’t understand why you want to paint this big play or bust theory around here. I’m watching the Saints and Buccaneers game and N.O is thriving off of these big plays. They’re not having these long sustained drives that you tend to preach around these parts.

What Deshaun did was take what the defense gave him. He was very calm in the pocket and he took off when needed. Now on a few times I seen him bail out the pocket too soon. Yes he missed a few throws, had some drops and were hit while throwing the ball ( you do know that can change the trajectory of that pass right)

A true fan imo does not cheer for another team. Especially not a team in the same division or conference.
You can add yourself to this statement as well. And those that are cheering for Watson were fans of this team way before he was drafted. So please stop this madness of fabrications.

So what you’re saying is you can’t have a rational, logical discussion with points and counter points nor address direct questions, which you saw because you down voted them, so all you can do is straw man arguments and baseless attacks about “true fans” and “ cheer for another team”. Starting to remind me of my 18 month old when he doesn’t get what he wants. I laugh at that to.

I think it is Watson. I have been looking at him in school and then in the pros and it is the same thing. Done almost the exact same way. He can hand off, who can't and throw on the run (right mostly) and so on... I'm not sure the play book is like his stats. Seeing even with OB it was DHop, deep shot on a roll or punt/INT.

Look at the Jags QB throwing for 300+ and if not for the INT would have been better numbers than Watson. That's is not a good sign
Quoted for truth and also some cheap dislikes.

I’ve talked about it before but Dabo cut the field in half and limited most plays to fast, first read type plays. Watson thrived in that and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that if you have a coach that can adapt the system and build around that. Dabo could and they won championships, OB couldn’t and it was a cluster. I’m hoping and praying the next coach can because if so then we should see the Watson we think he can be,

So what you’re saying is you can’t have a rational, logical discussion with points and counter points nor address direct questions, which you saw because you down voted them, so all you can do is straw man arguments and baseless attacks about “true fans” and “ cheer for another team”. Starting to remind me of my 18 month old when he doesn’t get what he wants. I laugh at that to.

My view is well documented on here and very logical. I've posted things that back my stance up. But hey good try. Deflection failed

I was close!
And that scouting report Maverick put up is still spot on.

DW4 did well against the Jags. Whoopty freaking doo.

He did what he should be doing all of the time against top tier defenses. He wasn't even that good today.
Definitely had issues gettin to the right play against the blitz

Here's their drives -
2 plays · 75 yards TD
6 plays · 45 yards FG
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
14 plays · 59 yards FG
6 plays · 98 yards TD
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
9 plays · 17 yards Punt
3 plays · 2 yards Punt
8 plays · 26 yards Punt

That 9 play drive for 17 yards should have been the game clinching drive. Jags down 8, a FG probably puts that game away but the offense turtled and let the Jags get within one play of OT.

Here's their drives -
2 plays · 75 yards TD
6 plays · 45 yards FG
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
14 plays · 59 yards FG
6 plays · 98 yards TD
3 plays · 5 yards Punt
9 plays · 17 yards Punt
3 plays · 2 yards Punt
8 plays · 26 yards Punt

Very tough to sustain drives w/o a run game. 18 carries for 57 yards. Yikes!

Until you factor in the 2+ dropped INT’s....right?

Last edited:
I’ve talked about it before but Dabo cut the field in half and limited most plays to fast, first read type plays. Watson thrived in that and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that if you have a coach that can adapt the system and build around that. Dabo could and they won championships, OB couldn’t and it was a cluster. I’m hoping and praying the next coach can because if so then we should see the Watson we think he can be,

You can design those kinda offenses in college where the windows are wider and you have the best athletes on your side of the field more often than not .... Doesn't work so well in the NFL where the talent gap is much tighter , even between the best and worst of teams.

I'm beginning to believe its a philosophical thing for Watson .... when he's getting the ball out on time , this offense looks unstoppable , when he isn't its boom or bust.

Whoever comes in here needs to get him to buy into getting the ball out quickly and not relying upon his ability to get out of trouble so often.

The Clemson offense wont work in the NFL because of different rules in college vs NFL.

DW4 would do well in the Ravens offense.

I’m starting to believe some fans are only on here for attention. To say Watson strength isn’t passing is pure comedy. Dude you’re reaching big time as well as trying to get a rise out of the True Texan fans on here. You also know two other members will back that outlandish claim up. Great job in accomplishing your mission.

2018(8) in Completion % (11) in Yards (12) Touchdowns (15) QBR

2019 (6) in Completion % (13) in Yards (11) Touchdowns (7) QBR

So far this season

2020 (7) in Completion % (10) in Yards (7) in Touchdowns (15) QBR and (6) in rate

This is all while having a horrendous play caller, terrible offensive line and either missing key receivers ( due to injuries) and now having new receivers because OB’s hasty decision to get rid of one of the best receivers in today’s game.
Sounds like we've got our very own Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, or Mathew Stafford.

Sounds like we've got our very own Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer, or Mathew Stafford.
Matthew Stafford is someone who immediately sprang to mind when someone attempted to define a franchise QB as winning big games in the playoffs a week or so ago.

If this thread has arisen because the rookie put up respectable numbers on our awful D vs Watson’s respectable number on the Jag’s good coverage D.
Our pass rush was non-existent this game, 3 LBs unavailable to begin with, then the injuries began in-game. Plus we had Hargreaves and Gaines as our outside CBs.

Jax has talent on D despite their dysfunctional franchise never putting it together. They have good CB’s in particular. Watson did a decent job yesterday.

Matthew Stafford is someone who immediately sprang to mind when someone attempted to define a franchise QB as winning big games in the playoffs a week or so ago.

If this thread has arisen because the rookie put up respectable numbers on our awful D vs Watson’s respectable number on the Jag’s good coverage D.
Our pass rush was non-existent this game, 3 LBs unavailable to begin with, then the injuries began in-game. Plus we had Hargreaves and Gaines as our outside CBs.

Jax has talent on D despite their dysfunctional franchise never putting it together. They have good CB’s in particular. Watson did a decent job yesterday.

The Jags defense is just about as bad as the Texans defense and has been that way all season.

Good defenses don't have record's like the Jags record.

There was plenty of good coverage by the Jags yesterday, and the Texans’ running game offered nothing to help.

So you're saying the Jags have a good defense?

If so, agree to disagree.

But hey, that great coverage CB Sidney Jones will be available in FA next off-season.

There was plenty of good coverage by the Jags yesterday, and the Texans’ running game offered nothing to help.

Some fans do not believe in telling the full story of these games welsh. Their main purpose is directed on one particular player. You are right the Jaguars defense played solid. They got after the quarterback because reports says the Texans offensive line struggles with blitz and stunts. Reports states that we have the worst running game in the league.

So you're saying the Jags have a good defense?

If so, agree to disagree.

But hey, that great coverage CB Sidney Jones will be available in FA next off-season.
Jones played well, I’d take him over Gaines. CJ Henderson is a genuine talent.
Some fans do not believe in telling the full story of these games welsh. Their main purpose is directed on one particular player. You are right the Jaguars defense played solid. They got after the quarterback because reports says the Texans offensive line struggles with blitz and stunts. Reports states that we have the worst running game in the league.
Jags also have one of the worst rushing D’s in the league, by the numbers.

I’m personally shocked at how Watson’s season is being evaluated. I felt that last year there was genuine cause for concern around a number of games where nothing good seemed to happen for him until garbage time.

This season we are seeing solid performance on a garbage team. His TD-INT ratio stands at 17-5, averaging 300 yards per game, 108 rating. On a terrible team.

I’m personally shocked at how Watson’s season is being evaluated. I felt that last year there was genuine cause for concern around a number of games where nothing good seemed to happen for him until garbage time.

This season we are seeing solid performance on a garbage team. His TD-INT ratio stands at 17-5, averaging 300 yards per game, 108 rating. On a terrible team.

He’s been playing on a terrible team since he got here. And his HC/OC was not doing him no justice. And yet we made the playoffs and should’ve went 11-6.

Last season what games are you talking about?

Saying Sweeny cutting the field in half is like saying Kubiak cutting the field in half or BOB's EP limiting Fitz' and Hoyer's read to one or two in the same line of vision (remember how those receivers kept running into each other?

Every offense has most of their concepts like that.
All coaches and QBs love to have their first or second read open.
It just happens that how it often went at Clemson.

Watch the Cowboys and Prescott last year and this year.

And that scouting report Maverick put up is still spot on.

DW4 did well against the Jags. Whoopty freaking doo.

He did what he should be doing all of the time against top tier defenses. He wasn't even that good today.
Yeah?
If you like PFF's scouting report, you would have traded the farm for Trubisky.

LMAO with all these scouting reports.

He’s been playing on a terrible team since he got here. And his HC/OC was not doing him no justice. And yet we made the playoffs and should’ve went 11-6.

Last season what games are you talking about?
The Ravens game sticks out as a poor showing. There were other slow starts also. I’m not here to argue with you, though, I’m open minded on where Watson will end up, hopeful he is top drawer and the season he is having is pointing in the right direction.

What we see under a new coach next season will likely define his professional career.

Yeah?
If you like PFF's scouting report, you would have traded the farm for Trubisky.

LMAO with all these scouting reports.

Personally I don't think Trubisky should have been taken over Mahomes or Watson but let me ask you this. One of the big arguments around here is that Watson would be the superstar QB instead of Mahomes if KC had drafted him and that coaching and scheme matter greatly. So is it possible the same applies to Trubisky? Chicago wouldn't know what to do with a QB if Joe Montana found the fountain of youth and went and played for them. Hell Jay Cutler holds their franchise records. So if what is holding Watson back is the Texans coaching then should we not also consider the possibility that it applies to other QBs as well?

The scouting reports are what they are and nobody takes them as gospel. However to just disregard them because you are using hindsight to judge them by is laughable. Tom Brady didn't get drafted till the 6th round, does that mean that every team was just bad and every player taken before him wasn't worth the spot they were drafted at? I know the Texans weren't around at the time but if whatever team you most supported had drafted him with their round 1 would you have been happy at the time? To bring it back to the Texans how many people were unhappy they drafted Watt in the first round? I wasn't on these boards at that time but the board I was on, and hell even the local media, were not happy at all.

Its amazing how accurate a person can be with their draft picks if they are only picking them years later.

Personally I don't think Trubisky should have been taken over Mahomes or Watson but let me ask you this. One of the big arguments around here is that Watson would be the superstar QB instead of Mahomes if KC had drafted him and that coaching and scheme matter greatly. So is it possible the same applies to Trubisky? Chicago wouldn't know what to do with a QB if Joe Montana found the fountain of youth and went and played for them. Hell Jay Cutler holds their franchise records. So if what is holding Watson back is the Texans coaching then should we not also consider the possibility that it applies to other QBs as well?

The scouting reports are what they are and nobody takes them as gospel. However to just disregard them because you are using hindsight to judge them by is laughable. Tom Brady didn't get drafted till the 6th round, does that mean that every team was just bad and every player taken before him wasn't worth the spot they were drafted at? I know the Texans weren't around at the time but if whatever team you most supported had drafted him with their round 1 would you have been happy at the time? To bring it back to the Texans how many people were unhappy they drafted Watt in the first round? I wasn't on these boards at that time but the board I was on, and hell even the local media, were not happy at all.

Its amazing how accurate a person can be with their draft picks if they are only picking them years later.
I don't know about others, but my no. 1 was Mahomes, so it wasn't me who said that Watson would be a superstar if he was drafted by the Chiefs.

I do think strongly that he'd been quite better than being with the Texans.

I never cared about separate evaluation on QBs by anybody because I've seen some of the best in the business (like Greg Cossell) miss on them badly.

PFF is constantly bad though.
Not only you'd have to mortgage the team to trade up to draft Trubisky, but you would also miss on Mahomes at 29 (where they slotted him).

As for Brady, I wasn't paying attention to football at the time, being too busy with other stuffs, but I did know I'd have love to see the Oilers take Joe Montana back then.

This is a false narrative that is being spread around here. Those of us criticizing Watson are not doing it based on one game or one season but based on seeing the same mistakes pretty much since his first season that NFL teams had some tape on him. For me I don't blame Watson for our 1-6 record because this team, especially defense side, is crap and crap teams have crap records. Likewise though I know pretty much all the coaching staff will be gone and I expect many of the players to be gone in the next 2-3 years. Watson, Tunsil and maybe JJ are the only three players that we know will stick around so they are the only three really worth talking about. Of those three Watson has the microscope on him because hey that comes with the job of QB.

Despite what some on here say I really am hoping that a new HC can turn things around because there is so much talent in Watson it's just stupid. If a new HC can then happy days are here and the Texans are a force to be feared. If, however, a new HC can't then logically we have to consider that Watson, though talented, is not the franchise QB we hope he is and paid him like and the Texans have a very big problem.

Back