Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

2019 AFC South Standings

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
If we make it out of next week 7-3 then we should start putting our foot on the throat of the rest of the division. That would be a solid lead against everyone and it should motivate the team to play even harder
Forget the division if we beat the Ravens then all the AFC is going to start taking serious notice. Chiefs are looking more and more like the GB has looked for years. A great QB and that’s it and if that QB isn’t perfect they lose.

Pats can never be underestimated as long as BB and Brady are there but seriously their schedule has been an absolute joke. If Watson can be Watson and BoB can not be his own worse enemy then yeah even they may fall.

I better stop talking now before I actually give myself hope.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Since this post the Colts have lost to the Steelers & the Dolphins. Should've lost to the Broncos.

If Brisset doesn't play next week they will lose to the Jags. Even with Brissett they might lose to the Jags.

You cant count on help …. You can count on you helping yourself.

Glad they lost those games but this is far from over - The Texans still have to beat them in the next meeting to slam the door.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Lol to all the people that were claiming the Colts are better than the Texans.
For myself I never said they were better I said they were a more solid/well rounded team. They lost Luck a week before the season started and kept rolling. If that had been Watson we would have been looking at if we were drafting top 5 or top 3. The problem the Colts now have is that they are now on QB 3 which is Hoyer. Yeah we all know what having him at QB is like and they are doing without Hopkins and, at the time, a strong D.

texanhead08

Hall of Fame
For myself I never said they were better I said they were a more solid/well rounded team. They lost Luck a week before the season started and kept rolling. If that had been Watson we would have been looking at if we were drafting top 5 or top 3. The problem the Colts now have is that they are now on QB 3 which is Hoyer. Yeah we all know what having him at QB is like and they are doing without Hopkins and, at the time, a strong D.

We have seen what happens when Watson goes down we lose every week. The Colts lost Luck and kept winning, but even they can't overcome what happens when Hoyer is on the field. I bet Brissett is back by Texans game.

steelbtexan

Hall of Fame
I said the Texans were a better team and let one get away that they should have won.

What about it ?
They got Indy'ed

Miami got Indy'ed today but even the refs couldn't help the Colts overcome Hoyerable.

I'm wondering if Hilton/Campbell will be healthy enough to play in a couple of weeks?

The Indy WR's looked slow and had trouble separating today.

Rpgczar

Rookie
Colts on qb 3 and all their top wrs are out plus their top corner.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
You cant count on help …. You can count on you helping yourself.
I'm not counting on help. It is what it is. The NFL season is the longest 17 weeks of the year. Too much changes from week to week.

The Titans were done week before last, now they have life & we still have two games against them.

The Colts were the favorite to win the division. Now I can see them coming in last.

We should have beat them two weeks ago. It would have been better if we had. But now, I don't think that game will have any significance between us & them winning the division.

I still think we'll win 12 games (I know, I know). They'll be lucky to win 9.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Colts have more talent.
It's a subjective statement and I probably won't be able to change your mind... but, look at their games this season. They don't really have any convincing wins this season. Their largest victory was 7 points against us, and two points were gifted from the intentional safety.

eventhough the Colts did beat the Texans, it's hard to argue the Colts have been playing better than the Texans this season. Or do you disagree with that statement as well?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
At this point I'm actually more concerned about the Jags or Titans spoiling things for us. I don't think Texans will lose the division, baring a major injury to a certain player who I will not name or BoB TRYING to get fired, but Jags in particular have an easy schedule with some very winnable games coming up and Foles back in the mix. Likewise the Titans have a bad habit of doing just enough where they don't really help themselves in the standings but somehow manage to rain on our parade and we play them twice from this point forward.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Next 2 games could sum up what the Texans could be worth come the playoffs. At the Ravens and hosting the Colts on prime time. Being ultra competitive in both games will be important, win or lose........but I'd be happy with a competitive 1-1 split.
Better question is would you take 1-2 over the next three, if that one win was against the Colts? I'd have to think long about that one.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Better question is would you take 1-2 over the next three, if that one win was against the Colts? I'd have to think long about that one.
Nope. Want better than another division title. If we cannot beat the big boys, we are not a player. Need a bye in the first round and home field. I don't want to have to hope DW4 carries us three games with two on the road, a lot to ask