Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

2019 AFC South Standings

Seattle won the NFC West in 2010 with a 7-9 record. Then beat the 11-5 Saints in the 1st round.
While that is true that was Pete Carroll’s first year as HC and they beat the Saints due to a running play from Lynch that is legendary. Also even at 11-5 Saints were the 5th seed and got in on a wild card win.

Don’t get me wrong they hung tough all game and deserved the win but I think that game was more an outliner than anything.

thunderkyss

It's good to be me... again.
Staff member
Contributor's Club
While that is true that was Pete Carroll’s first year as HC and they beat the Saints due to a running play from Lynch that is legendary. Also even at 11-5 Saints were the 5th seed and got in on a wild card win.

Don’t get me wrong they hung tough all game and deserved the win but I think that game was more an outliner than anything.
I think the point is you're not what your record says you are despite what Parcels said. Plenty of 5 & 6 seeds have won it all. Either getting healthy at the right time, gelling at the right time, or catching a spark... anything can happen.

JB

Old Curmudgeon
Contributor's Club
I think the point is you're not what your record says you are despite what Parcels said. Plenty of 5 & 6 seeds have won it all. Either getting healthy at the right time, gelling at the right time, or catching a spark... anything can happen.
Define 'plenty'