Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 AFC South Standings

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Week 1

How will this week fair for the AFC South and where will the Texans stand after they finish the 1st week of the NFL regular season? Let's take a look at all 4 teams and their opponents.

Texans at Saints - The Texans travel to New Orleans to take on the Saints in the Super Dome on Monday Night Football. It will be a loud, raucous atmosphere to play football in. It should be a high scoring, close game. These teams match up pretty evenly on paper. How will they play on the field? We'll see. Should the Texans win, and let's hope they do, they could start the season 1-0

Jaguars vs Chiefs - The Chiefs will travel to Jacksonville to take on the Jaguars in TIAA Bank Field. Nick Foles will be starting opposite Patrick Mahomes. What a mismatch. The Chiefs should win this one running away. The Jaguars likely start 0-1

Titans at Browns - The Titans travel to Cleveland to take on the Browns at Firstenergy Stadium. This one pits Marcus Mariota against the young phenom Baker Mayfield. The way the Browns went out and bought a team this off season, with the power they have, they should leave the Titans and Mariota in the dust. The Titans will likely start 0-1

Colts at Chargers - The Colts travel to San Diego to take on the Chargers in Rokit Field At Dignity Health Sports Park. With the retirement of Andrew Luck, the Colts are in the Hands of Jacoby Brissett. He will be facing Phillip Rivers on the other side. Back up vs true starter. Chargers win.
The Colts will likely be 0-1

After the 1st week, the AFC South could very well look like this...
Texans 1-0
Jaguars 0-1
Titans 0-1
Colts 0-1

The Texans could finish week 1 in first place in the AFC South. Let's see what happens and hope the Texans can come out on top against a very good Saints team.

Go get it Texans!

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Out of those games I'll go with the Titans having the best chance to win.

Everyone else may start 0-1. Reason being I have no confidence in OB outsmarting Sean Payton at his building.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Realistically I agree Titans have the best shot in first week. I could be wrong but I don't expect much from the colts this season. Luck really screwed them over and even if their new QB is good how comfortable will he be and how well will the line be able to protect him.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Saints v Texans - We lose mainly b/c we've never started out the season well under BoB, the superdome & lots of new pieces to integrate.

Chiefs v Jags - This will be telling in terms of how good the Jags are this year. I'm picking the Chiefs b/c I don't think offensively they can keep up with the chiefs offensively.

Titans v Browns - Think the Browns win this one but its going to be close...probably the game of the week imo. Browns will struggle early but the talent overwhelms the Titans suspect defense in the end.

Colts v Chargers - Colts might actually win this just b/c of their defense..& it appears Gordon's gonna miss wk. 1..huge blow to that offense. Plus, I just don't think the Chargers are that good...last year was a fluke for them.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Very good chance we're tied for 1st after week 1, at 0-1. Quick, who would have the tie-breaker edge?

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
Aggressive moves/actions by leadership tend to inspire aggressive actions in the troops. I lean to the Texans taking this one in a good exciting game. I believe many, if not most, of those on the team feel now is the time...let's go get it.

Go Texans!

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Beating the Saints at home would go a long way to set the tone for the season. Praying for the best, but kinda expecting the worst here. New Orleans has had a heartbreaking event end each of their last two seasons. Im guessing those guys are going to come out and run roughshod over the NFC. My SB pick is actually New Orleans so lets see how those rootin', tootin', Texan shootin' boys from Kirby handle their buisness this week.

On the other hand it could go extememly bad and...... (to be continued)

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
AFC East, NOrth is Ravens, Steelers, Browns and Bengals, should be a good one. Get what you mean though. They get a free pass every year, but prove they are not a regular season baby killer only
Thanks, corrected it now.

As to your point though while it is very true that Pat's would be good even in a tough division the weak one let's them save players and not have to go all out every week.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I was about to say something similar... who cares!? Pats have been feasting on horrible divisions for what, 15 seasons now?
As well as the rest of the NFL. Only a few teams have beat them to get to the SB. Steelers and Ravens are the only ones I can think of.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Whole division starts out 0fer.

Saints 31 Texans 13

Chiefs 51 Jaq 24

Browns 20 TinBreds 17

Chargers 10 Dolts 9.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The Titans are working Baker and the Browns over. Bwhahaha I picked the Browns but I'm kinda laughing at the experts for overhyping the paper champs.

The Chiefs are showing everyone that the Jaguars defense isn't good at all.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The Titans are working Baker and the Browns over. Bwhahaha I picked the Browns but I'm kinda laughing at the experts for overhyping the paper champs.

We should have picked up McCoy. lol

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

Jax defense isn't bad at all … Its that the Chiefs offense is all that and a bag of chips. They will lead the league in points again and Mahomes will repeat as MVP - Book It.

As for the Browns …. they are the Browns until proven otherwise , much like the Texans , one let down after another for 18 years.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Jax defense isn't bad at all … Its that the Chiefs offense is all that and a bag of chips. They will lead the league in points again and Mahomes will repeat as MVP - Book It.

As for the Browns …. they are the Browns until proven otherwise , much like the Texans , one let down after another for 18 years.

The Jaguars defense is solid and you're right. The Chiefs offense is on another level. My thing is the Jaguars defense isn't as great as a lot of people say they are. They had that one year in which they were dominant.

The Texans should not be put on that type of level (trash) with the Browns. I understand stand your point in regards of prove your worth. But we are way better than the Browns.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

No comparing the Browns and Texans. Browns have had multiple top 10 picks and have screwed almost everyone of them up. People may want to say Texans haven’t done anything but they have been champions compared to the Browns.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Titans looked great. Colts looked pretty good in a loss and the Jags flashed with Fole.

Obviously that means we will sh!t the bed tomorrow right?

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I want to see us looking sharp. Hopefully we don’t look unprepared like the Colts playoff game.

Mangler

Toro de España
With the Chiefs setting the bar as high as they have since last season, I’m just hoping Watson is accurate, and makes all the right decisions. It’s going to take an incredible performance to get an ounce of love by the analysts. Can we please not look the fools on national television!?

By the way, watching the Patriots-Steelers game has me feeling depressed. Why doesn’t our EP system ever look this good? Brady is looking like a quarterback god!

edo783

Hall of Fame
With the Chiefs setting the bar as high as they have since last season, I’m just hoping Watson is accurate, and makes all the right decisions. It’s going to take an incredible performance to get an ounce of love by the analysts. Can we please not look the fools on national television!?

By the way, watching the Patriots-Steelers game has me feeling depressed. Why doesn’t our EP system ever look this good? Brady is looking like a quarterback god!
They run quick opening plays, Brady makes quick reads and has a quick release plus his online protects pretty well. All adds up to looking like a football god.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Edo answer is spot on. The Patriots are the master of the dink and donk then hitting them over the top. Plus as we can see they know how to train up their offensive line.

Mangler

Toro de España
Edo answer is spot on. The Patriots are the master of the dink and donk then hitting them over the top. Plus as we can see they know how to train up their offensive line.
Seriously! That offensive line has looked damn good all night! Brady has had all the time he needs to find an open receiver, running game has open lanes. I sure hope we get Caserio and he brings that offensive line coach with him!

amazing80

Hall of Fame

Because we don't run the same routes. Our routes are long developing routes further down the field.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
No comparing the Browns and Texans. Browns have had multiple top 10 picks and have screwed almost everyone of them up. People may want to say Texans haven’t done anything but they have been champions compared to the Browns.

Champions of what ?

Champions of the AFC south and a first round exit ? …. Yep , Champions.