Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Teddy Bridgewater

Texian comparing bridgewater to geno is retarded. The biggest issue most people had with geno were the passes behind the los. Same with the big guy in denver whos name slips my mind now. Ive never read anyone compare bridgewater to geno or landry jones. Yep, the same landry jones who always cracked under pressure. Everything and 90 percent of people who make comparison say 6'3 russell wilson or aaron rodgers.

None of his comparisons make sense. I quit taking him serious a while ago because it's obvious that he's just bored and trying to start stuff with different posters to entertain himself.

His hate for Landry Jones is hilarious though because he is always parroting what his boy Bill Polian is saying. He must have missed this one...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/bill-polian-says-landry-jones-is-the-best-qb-in-the-draft/

I guess my biggest issue with Bridgewater is his throwing mechanics , I see a rather long wind up with a slow release .... and he holds the ball somewhat low at times. Not as exaggerated as Tebow but a slow release none the less.

He can get away with that in college especially the level of competition he's faced on a regular basis but that dog wont hunt in the NFL. Any team that drafts him is going to have to clean up his mechanics ....

He definitely has a lot of tools to work with ... but he's got a lot of work to do to get to an NFL level.

Haven't the Texans already drafted a QB with an elite skill set that just needed his mechanichics to be cleaned up at 1-1? I cant remember his name.

LOL, pass on Bridgewater, if Rick drafts him history most likely will be repeating its self. But hey, this is BoB's Texans we are talking about. All fluff, very little substance. According to BoB wasn't this supposed to be another SB or bust yr. Sell those tickets boardroom Bobby.

First off pull the stick out of your ass and lighten the F up! The comment was in jest...

Because I said who cares? Really?

Second, after the Bowl games and combine, he very well could shoot right to the top of the draft board, then what smart ass? You gonna tell me the Texans are gonna pick Derek Carr #1 overall after the absolute debacle they had with his brother and helicopter father? NO F'ing WAY!

Doubt it. I provided a link to Scout.com, they have Carr as the 8th best QB prospect. I was generous suggesting he might be the 5th best when it's all said & done.

Just because they are not talking about him now, doesn't mean they won't be after the Senior Bowl or his workouts. Nobody was talking about Eric Fisher, I damn sure never heard of him, until AFTER the combine, where did he go again?

Still, we can have that converstation after the Senior Bowl & workouts. Or after we win the next three games & end up with the 5th pick, where we'd be looking at the 3rd or 4th best QB.

& Eric Fisher was always (far as I know) considered the second best OT & suggested to go 5-8 early in the process. I don't think anyone is talking about Carr going in the top 10.

We're going to be picking in the top 10.

I don't know how good Bridgewater is but, it seems to me a lesser NFL starter material QB/s than past several years. I really like for us to look into other position who may rate higher than mentioned QB especially at front 7 position. Or, if we can find a trading partner and trade down to obtain more picks.

Whichever we decided to do with our pick, I hope we have a great draft.

With right coaching staffs + very talented players already on this team + a great draft, we can quickly turn this team around next year.

Go Texans!!!

I don't know how good Bridgewater is but, it seems to me a lesser NFL starter material QB/s than past several years.

I honestly believe if we end up with the #1 overall pick, most people will project Bridgewater as "the best player" in the draft. But realistically, he's probably not top 5.

I honestly believe if we end up with the #1 overall pick, most people will project Bridgewater as "the best player" in the draft. But realistically, he's probably not top 5.

^^^^
This

And the Texans will be repeating history.

Very Oileresque, the deeper question is, is Rick Smith the Texans version of Ladd Herzeg? Not as a person but as a leader of a franchise.

^^^^
This

And the Texans will be repeating history.

Very Oileresque, the deeper question is, is Rick Smith the Texans version of Ladd Herzeg? Not as a person but as a leader of a franchise.

Lad, no Ladd. OK lad?

After Kube is gone, hope Rick is able to show his vision of this franchise and become a leader he needs to be. Kube no longer has the power so now Rick needs to show what he is capable of. If his vision pans out, OK, job well done but if it doesn't, he needs to take the responsibility as a leader of franchise.

What is stupid is screaming apples and oranges without understanding the point being made. To spell that out one more time for you - running a fast paced, no huddle offense doesn't necessarily mean you get more plays. College or NFL that is true.

College Coaches seem to disagree with you. Most think you can go from 60 plays to close to 80 plays with no huddle up tempo. Not necessarily true with the oranges of the NFL.

None of his comparisons make sense. I quit taking him serious a while ago because it's obvious that he's just bored and trying to start stuff with different posters to entertain himself.

His hate for Landry Jones is hilarious though because he is always parroting what his boy Bill Polian is saying. He must have missed this one...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/bill-polian-says-landry-jones-is-the-best-qb-in-the-draft/

I was right and Polian was wrong. WOW! Landry completed less than 50% of his passes that impressed Polian so much. Polian says Landry needs a good cast cast around him to play well. That story is bizarre to say the least.

College Coaches seem to disagree with you. Most think you can go from 60 plays to close to 80 plays with no huddle up tempo. Not necessarily true with the oranges of the NFL.

Now there you go. You properly demonstrated apples and oranges. What you hope to achieve v. what is actually achieved.

Now there you go. You properly demonstrated apples and oranges. What you hope to achieve v. what is actually achieved.

Here you go hot shot: College coaches KNOW they can increase the number of plays by approx 20 plays by using an up temp no huddle offense. Something coaches in the NFL haven't been able to accomplish because it's a different league, with different rules, different time constraints, different regulations. Other than that infantrycak thinks they're exactly the same and equally comparable.........now, back to Teddy.

If Newton is not the starter next year then I don't see any way it could get worse. There was a thread a few days ago with profootball focus rankings for the Texans offense. IIRC, Newton was 74th out of 78 OT's. Harris was 43rd.

Harris is an average to slightly below average starting RT. Newton is an outright bottom of the league RT. We could sign a vet off the street next year to play RT and, while he may not play well, he can't be worse.

Well the FA could be worse if he developed a knee injury effecting his slide and back pedal as did Newton. If we use fair standards (like that will ever happen) Duane Brown should be benched for his sh==ty play as #1 pick coming off pro bowl status. He should get same treatment as Newton. For some reason you and others never seem to mention that.

I am not defending Newton but if you critique one player you should treat all the same.

I hope not. But, usually happens with top rated QB each year.

Quite a bit of the top rated QBs for a long time have lived up to the hype, even if it took them finding a head coach from Stanford to do it.

Since 2003: Palmer, Manning/Rivers, Alex Smith, The Mattural, Stafford, Cam, and Luck. 2013 didn't really have a top rated QB, they (Geno and EJ) were both projected 2nd round by most notable guys.

This one will be no different. He's gonna live up to it and shine. There is a lot of time until the Russell Athletic Bowl, then combine/pro days, then fake girlfriends to be discovered. But as of today, I've definitely planted my flag with this guy.

And Texian... Let's let it go, we've got almost 5 months until draft day. I respect your opinion, maybe you're right and I'm wrong. We will see. As I said above, there is a lot of time for things to go wrong for Teddy, I'm just hoping things stay the course.

Finally, Derek Newton is scum, sorry bro. New #1 pick at QB means you gotta send him packing.

Here you go hot shot: College coaches KNOW they can increase the number of plays by approx 20 plays by using an up temp no huddle offense. Something coaches in the NFL haven't been able to accomplish because it's a different league, with different rules, different time constraints, different regulations. Other than that infantrycak thinks they're exactly the same and equally comparable.........now, back to Teddy.

Do you see the NFL mentioned in the post you quoted? No you do not just like you can't find any assertion the NFL and college are exactly the same and equally comparable in any of my posts.

Goals v. results are not the same. That is true regardless of league.

You're just fixated on your spurious NFL distinction because you don't have a real response to that truth.

Quite a bit of the top rated QBs for a long time have lived up to the hype, even if it took them finding a head coach from Stanford to do it.

Since 2003: Palmer, Manning/Rivers, Alex Smith, The Mattural, Stafford, Cam, and Luck. 2013 didn't really have a top rated QB, they (Geno and EJ) were both projected 2nd round by most notable guys.

This one will be no different. He's gonna live up to it and shine. There is a lot of time until the Russell Athletic Bowl, then combine/pro days, then fake girlfriends to be discovered. But as of today, I've definitely planted my flag with this guy.

And Texian... Let's let it go, we've got almost 5 months until draft day. I respect your opinion, maybe you're right and I'm wrong. We will see. As I said above, there is a lot of time for things to go wrong for Teddy, I'm just hoping things stay the course.

Finally, Derek Newton is scum, sorry bro. New #1 pick at QB means you gotta send him packing.
TexansFTW, I've should of said top rated QB from less starter material QB crop year. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, there seems to be less NFL starter QB material this year in comparison with past several years of draft QB prospects. What I am saying is if Luck was available this year, I would take Luck over Bridgewater and I would certainly rate Luck, Stafford, Cam, RG2 higher but that's me. Overall, this year's top QB prospect seems to me less talented and I am asking myself is really worth taking him at #1 spot and came up with an answer NO. I prefer Texans to draft front 7 prospect that may worth taking at top spot or trade down to obtain more picks if we can find a suitable trading partner. Now, I wouldn't mind Texans to draft QB in the 3rd or later. But if the Texans decided to draft Bridgewater, I will hope him best and pray he pans out for us.

Do you see the NFL mentioned in the post you quoted? No you do not just like you can't find any assertion the NFL and college are exactly the same and equally comparable in any of my posts.

Goals v. results are not the same. That is true regardless of league.

You're just fixated on your spurious NFL distinction because you don't have a real response to that truth.

You're the one that brought up the NFL and the Eagles. Do you ever stay on message, on subject. You're always misleading, misdirecting, going to another ballpark to make some obscure point to support your comments. If this were a court of law counselor, your comments are inadmissible......now, back to Teddy.

First, you're wrong, I never said Bridgewater would be worse than Geno, I expect Bridgewater to be on par or equal to Geno. That is what started this all in the first place.

You said it right here.

I'm not sure that Teddy Bridgewater will be as good an NFL QB as Geno Smith.

My biggest complaint against Teddy is he throws an air ball on his deep pass.

Where is that criticism coming from? Yes, below is a highlight video, but he makes several deep throws where the ball drops into a bucket to a outstretched WR. Example, check the first play of the video.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=br9-OACeru4#t=17

The thing I like the most about TB is that he doesnt force a play with his legs. He slides around the pocket really well, feels pressure coming, shrugs off arm tackles while keeping his eyes down-field to deliver the ball.

I think we all get that you dont feel TB is worthy of a #1 draft pick, but to start banging the drum for Manziel because he is more "stout" just sounds silly.

The thing I like the most about TB is that he doesnt force a play with his legs. He slides around the pocket really well, feels pressure coming, shrugs off arm tackles while keeping his eyes down-field to deliver the ball.

I think we all get that you dont feel TB is worthy of a #1 draft pick, but to start banging the drum for Manziel because he is more "stout" just sounds silly.

My issue with TB is his mechanics and slow / long release / delivery. He'll have to work on his mechanics to make it in the NFL.

His pocket awareness is one of the things I really do like about him ... along with the physical traits.

If he can improve his mechanics he has a chance to be really special. If not , he'll look a lot like the QB's who have player for the Texans this season.

I do think he's a better overall prospect than Manziel .... but that dude has special ability in the way he escapes pressure and makes teams pay for that pressure. If his game translates to the NFL (which I question) he will be difficult to defend .... He's a better passer than Vick or RG3 IMO with just as much ability to run.

Got It! You Love you some Teddy. You're entitled. To each his own

You said it right here.....Where is that criticism coming from? Yes, below is a highlight video, but he makes several deep throws where the ball drops into a bucket to a outstretched WR.

"I'm not sure" is not a definitive statement. "I'm not sure" is closer to saying I don' know. To suggest that someone saying I'm not sure really means Teddy is WORSE then Geno is really a reach and stretch of epic proportions.

I have watched enough Teddy games to see that his deep ball needs a lot of air under it to get to it's destination. It appears to me Teddy needs more air than many other high profile QBs. It is MHO that this kind of floater is highly susceptible to being an INT in the NFL. Dropping a deep pass over a college defender is not the same thing as dropping a pass over an NFL defender. One thing that reinforces this thinking and another criticism of Teddy is the suspect level of competition Teddy has faced. I have seen several of those passes he dropped over a defender while thinking in the NFL that is an INT. Clearly, you Love You some Teddy too, me not so much, I have my concerns.

My issue with TB is his mechanics and slow / long release / delivery. He'll have to work on his mechanics to make it in the NFL.

His pocket awareness is one of the things I really do like about him ... along with the physical traits.

If he can improve his mechanics he has a chance to be really special. If not , he'll look a lot like the QB's who have player for the Texans this season.

How long does he take to release the ball vs how long you would like him to take to release the ball?

TexansFTW, I've should of said top rated QB from less starter material QB crop year. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, there seems to be less NFL starter QB material this year in comparison with past several years of draft QB prospects. What I am saying is if Luck was available this year, I would take Luck over Bridgewater and I would certainly rate Luck, Stafford, Cam, RG2 higher but that's me. Overall, this year's top QB prospect seems to me less talented and I am asking myself is really worth taking him at #1 spot and came up with an answer NO. I prefer Texans to draft front 7 prospect that may worth taking at top spot or trade down to obtain more picks if we can find a suitable trading partner. Now, I wouldn't mind Texans to draft QB in the 3rd or later. But if the Texans decided to draft Bridgewater, I will hope him best and pray he pans out for us.

It doesn't really matter with regards to the QB CLASS when you have the #1 pick. All you need is the best QB in that class.

Ask the Panthers in 2011. The other 1st rounders were Locker, Ponder, and Gabbert. Who cares about that group, #1 is all that matters.

Florida safety Matt Elam said that Bridgewater was the best quarterback they played in 2012. That was high praise considering the Gators took on the Heisman Trophy winner.=, Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel. They also played Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray and E.J. Manuel. The Florida defense had just dominated Manuel, but Bridgewater completed 20-of-33 passes for 266 yards with two touchdowns and an interception on a tipped pass in Louisville's Sugar Bowl victory.

Luck was a once in a decade player, last person as praised coming out as him was Peyton, who also had a QB father. I feel like you haven't really done much research on Teddy from the way that you talk. He's just as highly regarded as many of those names you just threw out there.

Let me help you out a little:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=teddy+bridgewater+nfl+draft+prospects

If the Texans draft a QB in the 3rd round or later we will 2 games again and likely lose every free agent we have, including JJ Watt.

"I'm not sure" is not a definitive statement. "I'm not sure" is closer to saying I don' know. To suggest that someone saying I'm not sure really means Teddy is WORSE then Geno is
really a reach and stretch of epic proportions.

Dude you are so full of sh#t. I know what you said. Everyone in this thread knows what you said. You can weasel your way out of that statement.

I have watched enough Teddy games to see that his deep ball needs a lot of air under it to get to it's destination. It appears to me Teddy needs more air than many other high profile QBs. It is MHO that this kind of floater is highly susceptible to being an INT in the NFL. Dropping a deep pass over a college defender is not the same thing as dropping a pass over an NFL defender. One thing that reinforces this thinking and another criticism of Teddy is the suspect level of competition Teddy has faced. Clearly, you Love You some Teddy too, me not so much, I have my concerns.

Really?! Dropping a pass over a college kid is not the same as an NFL'er? WOW! Thanks for the enlightenment. It appears to you that Teddy needs more air than other "high profile" qbs? You say sh#t that doesnt mean anything. You dont back it up, you just say it and see if it sticks. It appears to me that you are making crap up as you go and love to argue with everyone.

lol, it's all good Blake, just let it go.

I also don't agree with his point, but it's fine. A lot can happen between today and early May.

We should all probably discuss something different, even I am quite guilty of basically just fighting people that disagree with me at this point. We aren't learning anything new, just drawing lines in the sand, lol.

[/B] that Teddy needs more air than other "high profile" qbs? You say sh#t that doesnt mean anything. You dont back it up, you just say it and see if it sticks.

That is my opinion, (see IMHO or MHO), sorry unfortunately I do not have any video of my opinions. :)

lol, it's all good Blake, just let it go.

I also don't agree with his point, but it's fine. A lot can happen between today and early May.

We should all probably discuss something different, even I am quite guilty of basically just fighting people that disagree with me at this point. We aren't learning anything new, just drawing lines in the sand, lol.

We can discuss Teddy here in the Teddy Bridgewater thread, there is just no reason to get mad angry and vindictive when some one disagrees with you.

How long does he take to release the ball vs how long you would like him to take to release the ball?

That's difficult to say .... every play is different . Its not just the release , its the position of the ball prior (a bit low). There are times he will need to get the ball out ~1.5seconds. against some blitz packages. When you hold the ball low and in front of the chest , that's going to be a difficult task to accomplish.
He's got to hold that ball near the ear hole and open the shoulders rather than wind up like a baseball. He's got a looping motion when he opens up to throw , especially when he throws it on a line or a deep ball.

The other thing that concerns me is that he throws a lot of balls with air under them , throwing to a spot rather than on a rope which is OK in a lot of situations but I think NFL DB's are going to be able to exploit that.

Watch some video and you'll see what I mean .... then go watch Peyton or Aaron Rodgers make the same throws with velocity.

The rhetoric regarding Teddy sounds a lot like what I heard about Cam Newton coming out. People were over-critical of him, and I think he fell to 15th in our TT mock draft because everyone thought he was overrated. I think he's proven he was worthy of the #1 pick so far.

None of these guys come out of college without question marks, it's impossible because nobody has a perfect college career. Even some of the "can't miss" prospects in college turn out to be duds like Aaron Curry. It happens, the point is to analyze the players and make accurate assessments of their strengths and weaknesses in order to mitigate the risks when making draft selections. If we can't do that, then it's just pointless argument, which is what this thread is turning into.

Now if you really feel like evaluating the guy, here are his plays in some games. You will see the good, the bad and the ugly. Feel free to point to plays based on the time of the video, and link other stuff as needed. That first play in the Florida game is amazing though, he's on the run, tries to drop the ball in between the WR and sideline, takes a huge hit, loses his helmet, and gets right back up. Tough kid. Jon Bostic was the one laying the wood, who is now the MLB in Chicago.

2013 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Ohio 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXEwGsJUHc

UL vs Eastern Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSvFriM0PI

UL vs Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzmXxB64ec

UL vs FIU highlights 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4sXiTw8zI

UL vs Houston 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

2012 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Kentucky 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bQ_uMplUEY

UL vs UNC 2012:

UL vs Pitt 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkk0ZTRPDI

UL vs USF 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k922kI7X2qI

UL vs Cincy 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5xvBbLszk

UL vs Temple 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5uXu_TejM

UL vs Syracuse 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxnyvJzt-4

UL vs UCON 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkqprC7jYI

UL vs Rutgers 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELPwI9_y5U

UL vs Florida in the Sugar Bowl 2012:
http://youtu.be/VmyPaOy7OTs

Compilation highlight/Heisman video of TB. Worth a watch if you want to know some more about his personal life. Kubiak would definitely say he's a good kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxA8zqa6MEg

Teddy Bridgewater's Story by ESPN (full segment):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizVzzsbFQU

Found this video, it's kinda funny and I'm sure the critics will enjoy it. TB is terrible at sliding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KcWzu7LTI

Most of your QB's in discussion to be the #1 draft pick are usually Heisman Finalist.....just saying.

Quarterbacks Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, AJ McCarron of Alabama and Jameis Winston of Florida State were all invited to the Heisman ceremony on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN)......where is Teddy?.....just asking.

I haven't been sold on teddy and couldn't figure it out until now. He has no zip on his ball. He has the arm to throw deep, but his zip, or ability to throw a dart seems to be non existent, even his wr screens are bad. the ball TAKES FOREVER to get there. In the NFL he will need to be able to sling that thing into tight windows, Im not sold he can.......

It doesn't really matter with regards to the QB CLASS when you have the #1 pick. All you need is the best QB in that class.

Ask the Panthers in 2011. The other 1st rounders were Locker, Ponder, and Gabbert. Who cares about that group, #1 is all that matters.

Luck was a once in a decade player, last person as praised coming out as him was Peyton, who also had a QB father. I feel like you haven't really done much research on Teddy from the way that you talk. He's just as highly regarded as many of those names you just threw out there.

Let me help you out a little:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=teddy+bridgewater+nfl+draft+prospects

If the Texans draft a QB in the 3rd round or later we will 2 games again and likely lose every free agent we have, including JJ Watt.

Only QB I added was RG3 other than that in accordance with your earlier post. Now, I do understand about QB position of the Texans and many of TT members here are concern about the position including myself. What I am pointing out about the situation is, it seems less talented QB crop this year. When you have one 0.85 carat diamond among 0.7 carat diamonds, it looks a lot bigger than the others and stands out. However, when you have a few more 0.85~1 carat diamonds in a crop, suddenly it doesn't stands out. I am no expert on evaluating QB but I feel 2014 QB prospects are not as good as past several years.

Some of TTC members aware that I follow UH and naturally I watch other AAC teams when possible.

What I am saying is there an alternative way of spending #1 pick and I feel we should spend it on front 7 prospect or trade down to obtain more picks.

Like I mentioned in earlier post, if the Texans decided to draft Teddy, I will wish him best and pray he pans out for us. So, I am not hater but, I think there's better way to spend #1 overall pick due to the above mentioned contents.

Bottom line is you are in drafting Teddy and I feel there's an alternative way. But, it's all good as we all are concern about the Texans as fan.

I haven't been sold on teddy and couldn't figure it out until now. He has no zip on his ball. He has the arm to throw deep, but his zip, or ability to throw a dart seems to be non existent, even his wr screens are bad. the ball TAKES FOREVER to get there. In the NFL he will need to be able to sling that thing into tight windows, Im not sold he can.......

The other thing that concerns me is that he throws a lot of balls with air under them throwing to a spot rather than on a rope

...... :kitten:

The rhetoric regarding Teddy sounds a lot like what I heard about Cam Newton coming out. People were over-critical of him, and I think he fell to 15th in our TT mock draft because everyone thought he was overrated. I think he's proven he was worthy of the #1 pick so far.

None of these guys come out of college without question marks, it's impossible because nobody has a perfect college career. Even some of the "can't miss" prospects in college turn out to be duds like Aaron Curry. It happens, the point is to analyze the players and make accurate assessments of their strengths and weaknesses in order to mitigate the risks when making draft selections. If we can't do that, then it's just pointless argument, which is what this thread is turning into.

Now if you really feel like evaluating the guy, here are his plays in some games. You will see the good, the bad and the ugly. Feel free to point to plays based on the time of the video, and link other stuff as needed. That first play in the Florida game is amazing though, he's on the run, tries to drop the ball in between the WR and sideline, takes a huge hit, loses his helmet, and gets right back up. Tough kid. Jon Bostic was the one laying the wood, who is now the MLB in Chicago.

2013 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Ohio 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXEwGsJUHc

UL vs Eastern Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSvFriM0PI

UL vs Kentucky 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzmXxB64ec

UL vs FIU highlights 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4sXiTw8zI

UL vs Houston 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQKN-F6fk6I

2012 season in order of schedule (the ones I could find):

UL vs Kentucky 2012:

UL vs UNC 2012:

UL vs Pitt 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkk0ZTRPDI

UL vs USF 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k922kI7X2qI

UL vs Cincy 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB5xvBbLszk

UL vs Temple 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5uXu_TejM

UL vs Syracuse 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxnyvJzt-4

UL vs UCON 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkqprC7jYI

UL vs Rutgers 2012:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELPwI9_y5U

UL vs Florida in the Sugar Bowl 2012:
http://youtu.be/VmyPaOy7OTs

Compilation highlight/Heisman video of TB. Worth a watch if you want to know some more about his personal life. Kubiak would definitely say he's a good kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxA8zqa6MEg

Teddy Bridgewater's Story by ESPN (full segment):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizVzzsbFQU

Found this video, it's kinda funny and I'm sure the critics will enjoy it. TB is terrible at sliding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KcWzu7LTI

Cam had all of the talent he needed to be a superstar. I thought he had character/entitlement issues.

I dont have these issues with Teddy, the Questions I have with him are arm strength/mechanics/level of competition/how quickly he can adjust to the speed of the NFL game.

I wondered that about while initially watching his tape (I need to work through that huge post from earlier) and wondered whether that was just a superb display of touch in not throwing heaters to his teammates or whether his arm strength isn't as good as he'd hope.

In all the clips DutchRudder put up, all I see is a young QB carving up defenses with his mind and arm. He has legs, but uses them to buy time in the pocket for his receivers. He doesn't run at the first sign of trouble, which shows that he knows what he wants to do. Louisville does not have a high-caliber o-line. Teddy shows great skill at climbing the weak pocket his teammates TRY to give him. In the Florida game, Teddy was the best player in that game on either side, hands down. He's the only tier-1 QB in this draft, and if you are the Texans, you'd better take him before Jacksonville or Tennessee does.

Most of your QB's in discussion to be the #1 draft pick are usually Heisman Finalist.....just saying.

Quarterbacks Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, AJ McCarron of Alabama and Jameis Winston of Florida State were all invited to the Heisman ceremony on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN)......where is Teddy?.....just asking.

Where is Bortles? I thought you liked him at #1?

Cam had all of the talent he needed to be a superstar. I thought he had character/entitlement issues.

I dont have these issues with Teddy, the Questions I have with him are arm strength/mechanics/level of competition/how quickly he can adjust to the speed of the NFL game.

No , there are no character concerns .... I don't question his arm strength either. He has a plenty strong enough arm. The only question I have is about his mechanics and accuracy when he is forced to put velocity on the ball , which he will in the NFL.

I wondered that about while initially watching his tape (I need to work through that huge post from earlier) and wondered whether that was just a superb display of touch in not throwing heaters to his teammates or whether his arm strength isn't as good as he'd hope.

He's got plenty of arm , you watch him throw deep and even with the hitch in his release , its almost effortless .....

In all the clips DutchRudder put up, all I see is a young QB carving up defenses with his mind and arm. He has legs, but uses them to buy time in the pocket for his receivers. He doesn't run at the first sign of trouble, which shows that he knows what he wants to do. Louisville does not have a high-caliber o-line. Teddy shows great skill at climbing the weak pocket his teammates TRY to give him. In the Florida game, Teddy was the best player in that game on either side, hands down. He's the only tier-1 QB in this draft, and if you are the Texans, you'd better take him before Jacksonville or Tennessee does.

I don't have a horse in this race .... Bridgewater is the top prospect but isn't without his flaws. I've struggled over taking him #1 or a trade down scenario that nets you multiple #1 picks , I just cant make up my mind as he does have those flaws but this league is so QB driven , if you don't have a top tier QB , you go get one.

Derek Carr & Aaron Murray probably have the best mechanics in this draft and Zach Mettenberger isn't far behind .....Murray and Mettenberger both play more pro style offenses. Carr would be a difficult choice considering the history and the injuries to Mettenberger & Murry scare me. Really need to see how they look closer to the draft.

No , there are no character concerns .... I don't question his arm strength either. He has a plenty strong enough arm. The only question I have is about his mechanics and accuracy when he is forced to put velocity on the ball , which he will in the NFL.

He's got plenty of arm , you watch him throw deep and even with the hitch in his release , its almost effortless .....

I don't have a horse in this race .... Bridgewater is the top prospect but isn't without his flaws. I've struggled over taking him #1 or a trade down scenario that nets you multiple #1 picks , I just cant make up my mind as he does have those flaws but this league is so QB driven , if you don't have a top tier QB , you go get one.

Derek Carr & Aaron Murray probably have the best mechanics in this draft and Zach Mettenberger isn't far behind .....Murray and Mettenberger both play more pro style offenses. Carr would be a difficult choice considering the history and the injuries to Mettenberger & Murry scare me. Really need to see how they look closer to the draft.

Whoever you take I think it's time to get some RZ weapons which to me means height . I also think Teddy's most underrated feature is his quick feet . His best comparison ... to me ... is a bigger Charlie Ward . Ward had the quickness to be an NBA PG . I would take Teddy because I think he can make his OL better by sliding or moving while scanning the field .

I also the LG is a bigger problem than RT because Smith and Jones = a speed bump . A QB can't step up because of the pressure up the gut .

I hope for the Texans sake and my sanity if Bridgewater is drafted he doesn't turn into another Moon. I cant take many more Buffalo/Denver/Kansas City playoff choke jobs.

I would be absolutely delirious with excitement if Bridgewater turned out to be as good as Moon. Maybe him being an icon of my youth might have something to do with it, but if you get a guy as good as Moon on your roster you will be going to the playoffs a lot, especially now with how the rules are set for the passing game. I know Moon was pretty polished having played in the CFL for years before coming to the NFL and he had a crapload of PR work to do because of his skin color, but he's easily the best QB the Oilers/Titans or Texans have ever had.

I would be absolutely delirious with excitement if Bridgewater turned out to be as good as Moon. Maybe him being an icon of my youth might have something to do with it, but if you get a guy as good as Moon on your roster you will be going to the playoffs a lot, especially now with how the rules are set for the passing game. I know Moon was pretty polished having played in the CFL for years before coming to the NFL and he had a crapload of PR work to do because of his skin color, but he's easily the best QB the Oilers/Titans or Texans have ever had.

Yep, having a future HOF'er here as qb would be pretty sweet

Teddy Bridgewater Reportedly Considering Return to Louisville for Senior Season; LINK

Louisville quarterback and potential top overall pick Teddy Bridgewater isn't a lock to enter the 2014 NFL draft. The highly touted prospect is reportedly still considering the option of returning to the Cardinals for his senior season.

John Middlekauff of CSN Bay Area, who's a former NFL scout with the Philadelphia Eagles, reports multiple sources have told him Bridgewater isn't totally sure if he's going to make the jump. One more season at Louisville remains a realistic option:

Interestingly, when pressed on why a top prospect like Bridgewater would consider giving up the opportunity to get selected with the top pick for another year in college, Middlekauff noted he's heard from people at the next level who don't think the Louisville product would go No. 1:

That would certainly change this huh?

Middlekauff noted he's heard from people at the next level who don't think the Louisville product would go No. 1

That would certainly change this huh?

Honestly I don't know if it does change things , If he wasn't going #1 , what does it matter if he doesn't come out .... It might affect trading the pick if there was a team who really wanted him and not one of the other QB candidates. But otherwise for the Texans , if he isn't there to take and they weren't going to take him anyhow .... it matters not.

I do think it somewhat justifies the statements many of us have made about his value at #1 overall if GM's aren't going to take him ....

If he isn't the #1 QB taken , who is ?!? Carr ?? Johnny Football !?! Blake Bortles ??!

Middlekauff noted he's heard from people at the next level who don't think the Louisville product would go No. 1

I'm not seeing the logic here. Does he think he will be No.1 next year? His level of competition won't have changed.

I'm not seeing the logic here. Does he think he will be No.1 next year? His level of competition won't have changed.

Level of competition isn't the only questionmark for Bridgewater , his mechanics may be the bigger question.

Most of us agree that if we were to draft him , we wouldn't start him out of the gate for whatever combination of reasons .... If he's not ready , he's probably better served staying in school and playing football than sitting on the sidelines. (But damn , its hard to pass up that big payday).

Is he the #1 overall next season ?! Probably not with Jameis Winston , Mariota and others likely coming out.

I wouldn't take any of those guys at #1. No Bridgewater means Clowney is the undisputed top pick IMO.

I don't think that's set in stone .... There are a lot of red flags with Clowney , this season has been piss poor for him (3 sacks?!).
At least a couple other candidates for the #1 overall IMO starting with Matthews & Barr ... Maybe even Mosley who I think is the best "football player" in this draft.

Back